Trigger email

Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
countdown.  Then try the following:

    Dim strSubject As String
    Dim strAddress As String
    Dim strMessage As String
    Dim blSendEmail as Boolean

    strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"

    strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."

    If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
                strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
                blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
strMessage)
    Else
           Exit Sub
   End If

Hope this helps,
Jackie

"carlos24mar" wrote:

> Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
Thank you Jackie,

I guess I should have stated that I am a beginer with Access.  I don't know
where to type all that info at.  I am assuming that it goes in the visual
basics.

"Jackie L" wrote:

> You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
> countdown.  Then try the following:
>
>     Dim strSubject As String
>     Dim strAddress As String
>     Dim strMessage As String
>     Dim blSendEmail as Boolean
>
>     strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"
>
>     strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."
>
>     If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
>                 strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
>                 blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
> strMessage)
>     Else
>            Exit Sub
>    End If
>

> Hope this helps,
> Jackie
>

> "carlos24mar" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> > for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
Carlos,

Start with creating a query which would have your criteria for reaching
zero, like a Totals Query which would total the amount.  So, if your query is
called qryFindAmount and the field in the query is called TotalAmount then,
in the code listed below for the "IF" statement put:

If DMax("TotalAmount","qryFindAmount")= 0 then

You will also need a field for the email address.  In the code example
below, I called the field EmailAddress.  This field needs to be on your form
or referenced in a query.

Then, on your form, either on the After Update event of a field (like your
quantity field), or on a button, click on the drop down and pick [Event
Procedure], then copy the code listed below with the correct query
information as shown above and paste in your Visual Basic window.

If you set up the format of your query and the field name for your Email
address, I can help with more specifics.

Jackie

"carlos24mar" wrote:

> Thank you Jackie,
>
> I guess I should have stated that I am a beginer with Access.  I don't know
> where to type all that info at.  I am assuming that it goes in the visual
> basics.
>
> "Jackie L" wrote:
>
> > You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
> > countdown.  Then try the following:
> >
> >     Dim strSubject As String
> >     Dim strAddress As String
> >     Dim strMessage As String
> >     Dim blSendEmail as Boolean
> >
> >     strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"
> >
> >     strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."
> >
> >     If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
> >                 strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
> >                 blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
> > strMessage)
> >     Else
> >            Exit Sub
> >    End If
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> > Jackie
> >

> > "carlos24mar" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> > > for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?

Outgoing email with same email address
Hi , could someone can give me some idea. let say my crm hv 1 department name Sales and in this department hv 5 user. their email account are user1@abc.com user2@abc.com user3@abc.com user4@abc.com user5@abc.com and i hv a specify email address for my sales sales@abc.com so it is possible when the users send out the email is using sales@abc.com not user1@abc.com, user2@abc.com,user3@abc.com, user4@abc.com, user5@abc.com? You can use Queue for this. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it...

How to open my job email from home?
How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can find it or anything near it. I anyone can help, please help me. On 14/03/2010 17:11, MS wrote: > How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can > find it or anything near it. > > I anyone can help, please help me. As we don't know who you work for, or what setup they use then you should ask your IT dept for help in the first instance... ...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

sent emails are not showing up in SENT folder; + signs, duplicate recved emails
first time user of this bb... of bb in general for that matter / where and how do I check for a reply? here goes... some of my sent emails are not showing up in SENT folder while others do... and sometimes when I send a SINGLE email, progress bar shows up and says "1 of 4" or "1 of 5" being sent also getting these weird "little grey +" symbols in boxes to the left of the envelopes in the MAIN window... appear to be random... can be next to a "read/opened" envelope or not... when you click on the '+' symobol, indent appears... .... th...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...

Junk email #6
Is there a way to automatically and permanently delete email that is sent to Outlook's junk mail folder? ...

autotext? in emails
Hello, i am looking for a solution but have been unable to find one. what i need is the ability to created blocks of text that i can auto insert into plian text emails when i enter a perdetermined code, ie i type a few letters that i preset up and when i hit space it replaces it with the body of text that i would like. does any one know how i can do this is outlook 2003? i tried a hotkey addin but it never worked. Thanks, John. Hi John, I think that you are asking about our Quick Templates add-in: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/quick_templates/ Quick Templates (QTE) is designed...

Mail Merge to Email
We are about to purchase Office 2003 for its advanced Mail Merge to Email facilities (namely being able to output to HTML format) but before I do so I want to confirm something. In Office 2000 Outlook would display a message stating another application is trying to access addresses stored in your address book, do you want to allow this? You had to click yes for each email that was produced from the mail merge. Whilst I can understand the benefits of such a message this is very irratating if you are producing more that a handfull of emails, does this message still appear if you use Office 2003...

Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT If I do the below trigger, if I don't update DataFormat, it sets it correctly, but...

Reply to CRM email
I've looked through past posting on this newsgroup and read through the CRM User Guide, but I haven't found a definitive answer yet. If a CRM contact replies to a CRM e-mail, what should happen assuming my personal Activities option is set to convert only CRM e-mails to activities? I understand the reply will be tracked to the contact as an activity. Should the CRM user who sent the original message also receive the reply in their Inbox? I tested this scenario and saw that the reply created an activity, but I did not receive the reply in Outlook. Is this working as designed? Thank...

Persuading incoming emails to display the source email address
I know I can find the incoming email address through Properties and that OE uses the Contacts list to show me a name instead of the email address, but I find this behaviour very frustrating. Surely there must be a way of telling OE to always display the incoming email address, regardless of what I have in Contacts? I cannot find the way to do it. TIA Guy Gorton There is not and it has nothing to do with anything in your address book. If you go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Name Field, that is what people see when you send them a message. When you receive a message,...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

Outlook 2007 crashes when printing email
Hello , I am doing deskside support for a large company and coming across this problem. Outlook 2007 crashing randomly when users trying to print the emails. For some users it happened one to two times a day. Here are the details on the issue, All users have XP SP3, Outlook 2007 sp2, kb972363 (yes, this patch but it does not cause all the pc's to behave in same way and affecting may be 20+ users), Xerox MFD printers. I have recreated windows profile, renamed Outlprnt file, tested the new printer driver, installed the printer locally by creating TCP/IP (Network printers), re...

auto email addresses
At work I send a lot of emials to 'Jane' and in the past if I typed JA it would finish the email address for me. BUT a while ago I sent an email to her personal address and now everytime I type JA it defauts to her personal email address first and not her work address. How do I get rid of her personal email in the auto email finder thing? Thanks. When the personal address appears in the auto-suggest dropdown, highlight it and hit the Delete key to remove it. "Raza" wrote: > At work I send a lot of emials to 'Jane' and in the past if I typed JA it >...

Merged Emails Not Sending
Hi, I created an e-mail message within Word using the merge feature and completed the process to "send" out one e-mail individualized for each of the 17 recipients specified in a data file. Though the Word screen shows each individual e-mail correctly (and rifles through them when I finalize), the process seems to end there for there are no messages in my sent box (or failures in my inbox). Any suggestions or ideas? Normally I use Netscape Mail but have the account opened up in Outlook instead during this process. Thanks! LT And what did you set as your default mail pro...

How do you display email addresses as "undisclosed list".
I frequently receive Emails from friends with the list of Email addresses displayed as "undisclosed list". Can that be done with Entourage? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285496187_11349229 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Yep. Simply put all of the addressees into the Bcc: field. You don�t need to put any in the To: field (unlike when you use Cc:). On 2/10/08 5:41 AM, in article ee8ce21.-1@webcrossing.caR9abs...

could not unregister BLM trigger
Hello: One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP. Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer or GP, it is a point of interest. And, I would like to see what can be done to eliminate this message. The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger." Does anyone know what this means or how to eliminate it? I do not know, as of yet, if all workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this message. Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi I would sugg...

email subject
Hi, When i want to email, the detail of 'Subject' should be equal to specific cell, eg Cell H3 = YP123. ie Recipient:abc@abc.com Subject:YP123 I have tried to read www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Introduction, bu i cant find or maybe i overlook. How can i do this? [I am using Excel Xp , Outlook Express] Raymon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the Tips section Raymond http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "raymondsum" <raymondsum.y9m1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Is there a search tool that will index internet headers on Outlook email?
I'd like to be able to search on strings in the internet header as well as on strings in Subject, Message, etc. The otherwise admirable X1 doesn't do it. Does anybody know of a search/indexing tool that will? Thanks! Frank Frank Denman Denman Systems news@denmansystemsx.com [Please delete the "x" from my email address] ...

A Program is trying to send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?
In Outlook 2000, how do I make this message go away when trying to email using an Access 2000 macro? "Beth Lindberg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cf601c3dac0$24adece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2000, how do I make this message go away when > trying to email using an Access 2000 macro? Unfortunately you can't AFAIK - it's a safety thing. Is there a way around it? >-----Original Message----- >"Beth Lindberg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:0cf601c3dac0$24adece0$a50...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...

Can't send email in Outlook Express through AOL
I am not on a LAN and AOL is my ISP. I work with a program that transfers files using Outlook Express, but I get the following error message: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'Jhparker10@aol.com'. Subject 'Byers file', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'SMTP.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 (IPT:OA) Use port 587 to send mail from your AOL screen name. http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554iptoa.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server E...

sending email #15
I'm having somewhat the same problem, only I can send sometimes and then I can't . I just tried to send to messages, one went the other didn't. The error message gave the number 0x800CCC78. I checked with my ISP, then double checked my settings and said everything was OK. Had to be a problem with the program. I use OUTLOOK 2003, brand new, just installed on a new PC running XP. Can anyone help? Is there any more to the error message like an SMTP error code? "Cornplanter" <Cornplanter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9BE757-2314-4957-96...