TransferText / Import

I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file,
however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to
be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/
append to table at once. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

magmike
0
magmike
5/2/2010 3:29:56 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1960 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the
file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can
be found in many places, including:
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2484

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP


>I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file,
>however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to
>be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/
>append to table at once. Is this possible?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>magmike
0
Tom
5/2/2010 4:27:48 AM
On May 1, 10:27=A0pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the
> file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can
> be found in many places, including:http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=
=3D2484
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
>
>
> >I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file,
> >however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to
> >be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/
> >append to table at once. Is this possible?
>
> >Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> >magmike

I seem to be having difficulty. Not only is the code not allowing the
user to select more than one file (for example, by holding the CTRL
button and clicking on multiple files), but it is also not passing the
file name to the TransferText line either. Please tell me what I have
done wrong.

I created the class module as the linked source suggested, named
clsCommonDialog and then here is my code under the button on my form:


Private Sub cmdImportAflac_Click()

Dim cmdlgOpenFile As New clsCommonDialog
Dim FileName As String    'full file name
Const clngFilterIndexAll =3D 5
cmdlgOpenFile.Filter =3D "Text Files (*.txt)|*.txt|DBF Files (DBF)|*.dbf|
All Files (*.*)|*.*"
cmdlgOpenFile.FilterIndex =3D clngFilterIndexAll
'this is where the dialog opens
cmdlgOpenFile.ShowOpen

'returns your full file name.
FileName =3D cmdlgOpenFile.FileName

'hence no len, no name...
If Len(FileName) =3D 0 Then Exit Sub

On Error Resume Next
Dim stSpec, stTable, stFileName, stMessage, stSQL As String
Dim lngResponse As Long
stSpec =3D "Aflac Import Spec"
stTable =3D "Aflac"
stFileName =3D FileName
stMessage =3D "You are about to import one or more aflac billing files
into the database. Before this can be done, the old bills must be
cleared out of the database. Is this okay?"
stSQL =3D "DELETE * from Aflac"

lngResponse =3D MsgBox(stMessage, vbOKCancel, "Warning!")
    If lngResponse =3D 2 Then
    Exit Sub
    End If

    DoCmd.RunSQL stSQL
    DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, stSpec, stTable, stFileName
    DoCmd.RepaintObject acForm, "Form!2010 Eligibility"
    DoCmd.Requery

    Me.cmdPreview.SetFocus
    DoCmd.Requery
    DoCmd.OpenTable stTable, acViewNormal
End Sub

any help is appreciated!
0
magmike
5/2/2010 8:49:45 AM
On Sun, 2 May 2010 01:49:45 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com>
wrote:

The file/open dialog certainly has the ability to allow you to select
more than one file. You need to dive in the details of the
documentation, and you will find the cdlOFNAllowMultiselect flag (see
same article). "Or" this together with the other flags and the option
is enabled. I'm sure you can find out how the multiple files are
returned.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP


>On May 1, 10:27�pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the
>> file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can
>> be found in many places, including:http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2484
>>
>> -Tom.
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>>
>>
>> >I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file,
>> >however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to
>> >be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/
>> >append to table at once. Is this possible?
>>
>> >Thanks in advance for your help!
>>
>> >magmike
>
>I seem to be having difficulty. Not only is the code not allowing the
>user to select more than one file (for example, by holding the CTRL
>button and clicking on multiple files), but it is also not passing the
>file name to the TransferText line either. Please tell me what I have
>done wrong.
>
>I created the class module as the linked source suggested, named
>clsCommonDialog and then here is my code under the button on my form:
>
>
>Private Sub cmdImportAflac_Click()
>
>Dim cmdlgOpenFile As New clsCommonDialog
>Dim FileName As String    'full file name
>Const clngFilterIndexAll = 5
>cmdlgOpenFile.Filter = "Text Files (*.txt)|*.txt|DBF Files (DBF)|*.dbf|
>All Files (*.*)|*.*"
>cmdlgOpenFile.FilterIndex = clngFilterIndexAll
>'this is where the dialog opens
>cmdlgOpenFile.ShowOpen
>
>'returns your full file name.
>FileName = cmdlgOpenFile.FileName
>
>'hence no len, no name...
>If Len(FileName) = 0 Then Exit Sub
>
>On Error Resume Next
>Dim stSpec, stTable, stFileName, stMessage, stSQL As String
>Dim lngResponse As Long
>stSpec = "Aflac Import Spec"
>stTable = "Aflac"
>stFileName = FileName
>stMessage = "You are about to import one or more aflac billing files
>into the database. Before this can be done, the old bills must be
>cleared out of the database. Is this okay?"
>stSQL = "DELETE * from Aflac"
>
>lngResponse = MsgBox(stMessage, vbOKCancel, "Warning!")
>    If lngResponse = 2 Then
>    Exit Sub
>    End If
>
>    DoCmd.RunSQL stSQL
>    DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, stSpec, stTable, stFileName
>    DoCmd.RepaintObject acForm, "Form!2010 Eligibility"
>    DoCmd.Requery
>
>    Me.cmdPreview.SetFocus
>    DoCmd.Requery
>    DoCmd.OpenTable stTable, acViewNormal
>End Sub
>
>any help is appreciated!
0
Tom
5/2/2010 2:38:30 PM
Here's some code that will help (just code snippets), hopefully you get the 
idea and it helps.

-- 
Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com
http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com

-------------------------
    'get single file or multiple files (by using ctrl click to select 
multiple) and import them in tblImportDiscrepancy
    strFiles = GetMultipleExcelFiles(CurrentDBDir, "Ctrl-Click for 
Multi-Select")
    astrFiles = Split(strFiles, vbNullChar)
    If UBound(astrFiles) < LBound(astrFiles) Then
        MsgBox "No files were selected"
    ElseIf UBound(astrFiles) = LBound(astrFiles) Then
        'MsgBox "One file was selected.  File (with path) is: " & 
astrFiles(LBound(astrFiles))
        Call ImportASingleLogFile(astrFiles(LBound(astrFiles)))
    Else
        J = LBound(astrFiles)
        For i = J + 1 To UBound(astrFiles)
            Call ImportASingleLogFile(astrFiles(J) & "\" & astrFiles(i))
        Next i
    End If
-------------------------
Public Function GetMultipleExcelFiles(Optional varDirectory As Variant, 
Optional varTitleForDialog As Variant) As Variant
' This function opens a filedialog for selecting one or multiple Excel files
' See TestIT for ways of calling this function

    Dim strFilter As String
    Dim lngFlags As Long
    Dim varFileName As Variant
    Dim varFileList() As String

    ' Specify that the chosen file must already exist,
    ' don't change directories when you're done
    ' Also, don't bother displaying
    ' the read-only box. It'll only confuse people.
    lngFlags = ahtOFN_FILEMUSTEXIST Or ahtOFN_HIDEREADONLY Or 
ahtOFN_NOCHANGEDIR Or ahtOFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT Or ahtOFN_EXPLORER
    If IsMissing(varDirectory) Then
        varDirectory = ""
    End If
    If IsMissing(varTitleForDialog) Then
        varTitleForDialog = ""
    End If

    'Note: if you need a different filter I recommend making another 
function
    strFilter = ahtAddFilterItem(strFilter, "Excel Files (*.XLS)", "*.XLS*")

    varFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave(OpenFile:=True, _
                  InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
                  Filter:=strFilter, _
                  Flags:=lngFlags, _
                  DialogTitle:=varTitleForDialog)

    If Not IsNull(varFileName) Then
        varFileName = TrimNull(varFileName)
    End If

    GetMultipleExcelFiles = varFileName

End Function
-------------------------





"Tom van Stiphout" <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:nb3rt55q9g2tq4aba3ti1lskoviertprmv@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 2 May 2010 01:49:45 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> The file/open dialog certainly has the ability to allow you to select
> more than one file. You need to dive in the details of the
> documentation, and you will find the cdlOFNAllowMultiselect flag (see
> same article). "Or" this together with the other flags and the option
> is enabled. I'm sure you can find out how the multiple files are
> returned.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
>
>>On May 1, 10:27 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the
>>> file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can
>>> be found in many places, 
>>> including:http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2484
>>>
>>> -Tom.
>>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> >I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file,
>>> >however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to
>>> >be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/
>>> >append to table at once. Is this possible?
>>>
>>> >Thanks in advance for your help!
>>>
>>> >magmike
>>
>>I seem to be having difficulty. Not only is the code not allowing the
>>user to select more than one file (for example, by holding the CTRL
>>button and clicking on multiple files), but it is also not passing the
>>file name to the TransferText line either. Please tell me what I have
>>done wrong.
>>
>>I created the class module as the linked source suggested, named
>>clsCommonDialog and then here is my code under the button on my form:
>>
>>
>>Private Sub cmdImportAflac_Click()
>>
>>Dim cmdlgOpenFile As New clsCommonDialog
>>Dim FileName As String    'full file name
>>Const clngFilterIndexAll = 5
>>cmdlgOpenFile.Filter = "Text Files (*.txt)|*.txt|DBF Files (DBF)|*.dbf|
>>All Files (*.*)|*.*"
>>cmdlgOpenFile.FilterIndex = clngFilterIndexAll
>>'this is where the dialog opens
>>cmdlgOpenFile.ShowOpen
>>
>>'returns your full file name.
>>FileName = cmdlgOpenFile.FileName
>>
>>'hence no len, no name...
>>If Len(FileName) = 0 Then Exit Sub
>>
>>On Error Resume Next
>>Dim stSpec, stTable, stFileName, stMessage, stSQL As String
>>Dim lngResponse As Long
>>stSpec = "Aflac Import Spec"
>>stTable = "Aflac"
>>stFileName = FileName
>>stMessage = "You are about to import one or more aflac billing files
>>into the database. Before this can be done, the old bills must be
>>cleared out of the database. Is this okay?"
>>stSQL = "DELETE * from Aflac"
>>
>>lngResponse = MsgBox(stMessage, vbOKCancel, "Warning!")
>>    If lngResponse = 2 Then
>>    Exit Sub
>>    End If
>>
>>    DoCmd.RunSQL stSQL
>>    DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, stSpec, stTable, stFileName
>>    DoCmd.RepaintObject acForm, "Form!2010 Eligibility"
>>    DoCmd.Requery
>>
>>    Me.cmdPreview.SetFocus
>>    DoCmd.Requery
>>    DoCmd.OpenTable stTable, acViewNormal
>>End Sub
>>
>>any help is appreciated! 

0
Mark
5/2/2010 3:08:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Table Import Definition
Users create these definitions on a PC and the definitions are not available on other PCs. The definitions must b stored in a file but we are able to locate. Can anyone tell me where the Table Import Definition is stored? Best Regards, Steve Please allow me to restate without the keying errors: Users create these definitions in GP on a PC and the definitions are not available on other PCs. The definitions must be stored in a file but we are unable to locate. Can anyone tell me where the Table Import Definition is stored? Best Regards, Steve they are stored as SY50000 and SY50...

Bulk Import only Imports 15 records?
Hi All, I use bulk import to insert records from CSV (save as from Excel) file to CRM Contact Entities. But, everytime the bulk import runs, it can only succesfully import 15 records, although there are more than 15 records in the CSV file. I have tried to create a new CSV file and ensure that is nothing wrong with the 15th records, but same problem occurs. Any idea how to solve this? On Aug 22, 9:50 am, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I usebulkimportto insertrecordsfrom CSV (save as from Excel) file > to CRM Contact Entities. But, everytime thebulkimportruns, it ...

#import ignores enums?
Sorry for the cross-post, but I have absolutely no idea which newsgroup this question should go into ... I have a DLL that I am creating in C++, using the Microsoft attributed stuff, and it contains an enum like this in my H file: [export] enum eInterfaces { eDoodad = 1, eFlipper = 2 }; and then I have an entry in my __interface that looks like this : [propget, id(23), helpstring("property Interface")] HRESULT Interface([out, retval] enum eInterfaces* pVal); The compiler creates an IDL file with the same values in it. But when I #import that DLL into my EXE, the resulting TL...

Utilities for Importing Data into O2003
Anyone have suggestions for utilities that allow importing into custom fields in Outlook from Excel and other formats? Shawn See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message = news:1139309174.143782.221290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Anyo...

Importing Question!
:confused: I don't know exactly to what forum I should be posting this question so I thought I'd start here with the gurus. Situation: Background: I work in the bankrupcy department of my company. Each week there i an excel document that is updated with new accounts that have gon bankrupt. (I copy this document to another location so it doesn't ge overwritten.) On my copy of the accounts I have a color coding schem to classify each account. However, each week there are more account added and I am currently having to go threw the entire list of account again, color coding ...

Importing Pegasus Email into OUTLOOK
I have recently converted my email to OUTLOOK 2000. Previously I had been using Pegasus. Are there any tricks or patches to importing those emails into OUTLOOK? Pegasus nor Eudora are listed as one of the import options. Thanks in advance, CAH Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "CAH"...

Importing a CSV file into Money 2003
Help! I'm trying to import all of my brokerage account activity either as a Microsoft native format CSV file or Quicken .QIF file into my Brokerage Account setup in Money 2003 under "Investment Accounts." When I try to import the CSV file into Money, it doesn't recognize my Brokerage Account. What's the deal? Furthermore, at the present time my brokerage company doesn't have the electronically downloadable "direct statement" option. Therefore, the only way to update my brokerage account under Money 2003's Investment Accounts is either by imp...

Importing from Excel
Hello, I want to have a command button to import an Excel spreadsheet file call "DataSchedule" within this file I want a particular worksheet called "ImportData" My question is what is the coding? Any tips or website to visit will be appreciated. Thank you. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:16:43 -0700, CAM wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have a command button to import an Excel spreadsheet file call > "DataSchedule" within this file I want a particular worksheet called > "ImportData" My question is what is the coding? Any tips or websi...

Errors When Importing New Leads
Hello All, I just created a text .csv file that is a replica of files my users will soon be importing into CRM. (Trade Shows Coming Up) I am running some tests to figure out if they will have any problems importing files when they come back from their shows. Good thing to, because I ran into problems already! I am getting the following errors within CRM after the import. (file shows up in activities with the error) The Reason ID shows as 0x8004032d and it basically says it failed on the only user I was attempting to import. I then did some digging and found the following article....

how do I import calender to my Blackberry?
Need help getting calender to sync to blackberry...scottreeves@reevesandwagner.com.....Many Thanks scott wrote: > Need help getting calender to sync to > blackberry... >scottreeves@ ------ Many Thanks This is a Blackberry Desktop Manager/Intellisync issue - not an Outlook one. Check your help files in BB or look on the BB website for support. PS: Do not post your email address in newsgroups or in your news account settings unless you really like spam and viruses. "Munge" your address if you must post it - but note that in usenet, replies are meant to stay in the group, ...

Re: Importing Messages Into Mail.app 03-28-10
In article uvOaP3jzKHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Michel Bintener at mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org wrote on 3/28/10 2:13 AM: > Hi Rick, > > this appears to be a problem with Mail, not Entourage, so you might be > better off asking the question on Apple's discussion boards. > > However, if the number of folders you are trying to import is rather > small, you can simply drag the folder from the folder list in Entourage > to the desktop; you can then import the resulting mbox files into Mail > when you're done (via File>Import Mailboxes). > A...

TransferText 11-05-07
In Access 2000, I am trying to use doCmd.TransferText to create a Word coument of an Access report. I cant seem to get it to work at all. I would rather not use "Publish with Word" because it does not accuratly reproduce the report cosmetically. Maybe another option would be better! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Shell Word will not retain the formatting of an Access report. The only format that will do that is snapshot format. Full details about 'TransferText' are available in Access HELP. -Dorian "Shell" wrote: > In Access 2000, I am try...

TRANSFERTEXT
Hello folks. I have a issue with converting a transfertext line of code in Access2.0 to Access2000. Here is the current code that existed in the 2.0 environment: DoCmd.TransferText A_IMPORTFIXED, "loaduasgl", "tmpgllink", filepath when I run the code after converting the database i get the following error message:' run-time error '31519' You cannot import this file. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? As always, thanks again. Z ...

crm customizations importing
I am attempting to import my customizations.xml file from test server to production (both CRM 3.0) I get the error "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid customization file." Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

importing PST file
I exported all my outlook to a pst file before my system crashed. I am having difficulty in importing the pst file. When I follow the instruction an error message come that the file has no rule. Can someone guide me though the process As stated here frequently Export / Import is not the way to transfer outlook data. Where is the pst file located? How are you trying to 'recover' this data file? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F84899B-4F48-46A3-910B-5DE93FF38384@microsoft.com... >I exported all my outlook to a pst fi...

missing folders! can't import archive.pst file!
help! i made an archive.pst file to back up my folders. then i moved my personal folders from under the "outlook today" folder to under a new "personal folders" folder. they were there. it was fine. then i closed and re- started outlook, and they were gone! and i tried to view and/or import the archive.pst file, but it didn't work! help! -marie What happens if you search for the .pst file after enabling searching hidden and system folders? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching goo...

TransferText XL To Access
I am using the 2007 version. What would be the correct syntax for importing data from an excel file? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! Want to apply such a code to a click. -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! "Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote: > I am using the 2007 version. What would be the correct syntax for importing > data from an excel file? > -- > Thanx & Best Regards, > > Faraz! "Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" <FarazAhmedQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6278CC39-924B-4387-AEF8-803C0AC2329A@micr...

Scroll when importing data
Excel 2007 I have a VBA-routine that imports data from an external source. There will be hundreds of rows imported, and this takes several minutes to complete. I would like to always have the last imported row visible. As it is now the page does not scroll as the import takes place. Does anyone understand what I am after, and does anyone have a solution? I do not have the VBA-routien at hand right now so I can't share it with you. Thanx Knut you can try adding something like this to the end of your routine, just change the column letter. lastrow = ActiveSheet.Ce...

trying to import a template from word, to publisher
I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not sure what to do Either look for a similar template suitable for Publisher or spend a fun few minutes creating one.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "gettingdizzy" <gettingdizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BF85C3-E200-4189-8EFF-9287E1950603@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not > sure what to do > Or copy, paste... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

import .dbx files
I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat That is fine. Just follow what Gordon posted -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88CC5B9-EFCE-4F45-B9B8-BAB7ACCA284F@microsoft.com... >I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. Pat wrote: > I should have added that my Outlook is 2003 version. You should have added it to your original thread. You started a NEW and *disc...

IMPORTING A FORM
I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a headache. Any info would be helpful. I'm not familiar with FormTool v5. Where can we find out some more about it? Part of Quickbooks? Is ...

Newsletter Importing
I have taken over my sons Scout Troop newsletter. As I could not find a converter in publisher 07 from the troops pdf that I want to use as a templet I converted the pdf to word with another program. Upon importing the three page word document publisher spread the three pages over twelve pages. What settings do I need to adjust to correct the issue? -- Old Bear Light is fast but when donuts are involved I'm faster. Why not just design it in Publisher? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Old Bear" <OldBear@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Excel Based Budgeting will not import
I created a blank budget and exported, then added all my accounts and budgets etc. We were able to import all our previous years budgets, but this time, it does through the import progress screen, but then flips back into Great Plains and does nothing (ie it usually spends about 10 minutes on the updating tables, but this doesn't happen at all). I have tried this on 3 other workstation with the same results. I have copied and pasted into another worksheet, but still will not import. The accounts are all setup with dashes. I had this problem too. It turned out the stored proced...

Import plain text with formulas into Excel
I'm having some trouble in Excel. If I create a plain text file like the following: 1,2,3 4,5,6 =sum(a1:a2), =sum(b1:b2) Nothing can be done as if in spanish is (SI), iserror is (ESERROR), and so on. This really sucks as I can't just install other software on the server nor make other modifications. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when they translated the versions; any Excel version should accept it's language commands and English commands, but well, that's too much to ask for... Any good sugestions? Regards -- schmiedel ---------------------------------...