TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003

How can I TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003?

This does not work:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C:
\DataFolder\SomeData.xlsx", True, "Sheet1$"

If I save as an xls it will work:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C:
\DataFolder\SomeData.xls", True, "Sheet1$"

Do I need to do that?  Is there another way?
0
Tom
1/26/2010 6:26:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Since Access 2003 came out long before Excel 2007 was designed, it seems
logical that it doesn't know anything about the Excel 2007 file format. The
Access developer team is good, but it would have required a lot of
prescience to be able to predict future file formats!

Saving in a legacy file format makes sense.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Tom Benson" <tombensonldi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I TransferSpreadsheet Excel 2007 into Access 2003?
>
> This does not work:
>
> DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C:
> \DataFolder\SomeData.xlsx", True, "Sheet1$"
>
> If I save as an xls it will work:
>
> DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet , acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblSomeData", "C:
> \DataFolder\SomeData.xls", True, "Sheet1$"
>
> Do I need to do that?  Is there another way?

-1
Douglas
1/26/2010 6:31:19 PM
True.  Good enough!  Thanks.
0
Tom

Excel 2007 Graphs
There seems to be issues with Excel 2007 and graphing, i.e. it is slow to the point of being useless. I notice that there is a hotfix for this problem (KB938538), but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to download this without incurring a �199 cost? Anyone else noticed this and fixed it?? Thanks Rob Poor chart performance has been noted by many. It is one of the items we hope SR1 will address. What makes you think there is a charge for the hotfix? You just phone MS's local office and tell them you want it. A link on the KB938538 page gets you the local number (it showed me the C...

Creating a Publisher 2007 Document in Arabic
Hi, I currently have a business card designed in Publisher 2007. I want to add a reverse side to it and put the same details on the card in Arabic. I'm going to use a Translation Service to translate the text but could someone tell me what configuration changes I need to make in Publisher and/or Windows in order to be able to paste and style the translated text? Thanks Dominic Help, Type Right to Left... The first entry has the requirements. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ <dominic.martin@dtrack.com> wrote in message news:5bb99815-f0f8-4aa3-8a76-b18b6...

unable to cast ..Excel.ApplicationClass to ..Excel._Application
trying to deploy a vb.net dll to clients; on some machines the following run-time error occurs: Unable to case COM object of type 'Microsoft.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass to interface type 'Mirosoft.ofiice.interop.Excel._Application'. This operation failed because the Queryinterfacecall on COM component for the interface with IID '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-0000000047}' failed due to the following error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155). On some machines, this run-time error does _not_ occur. Reading on the net I found some comment...

How do I mark data points in an Excel chart as significant?
I have Excel 2003 and want to mark specific data points on a line chart as statistically significant with some kind of symbol (*). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this, or maybe it is not possible. Thanks for the help in advance. Chris - You can split the data into two series, and use a different symbol for significant points. This web page has instructions: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Chris Russe...

excel data base
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name country code area code phone number joe bloggs 44 07977 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name surname phone number joe bloggs 447977797898 how do i con...

Outlook 2007 E mail folder short cuts
I have created folder short cuts however after using them for a number of days I started Outlook and was not able to use them. The short cut names are there but when I click on the names the folders do not open up. All the other functions such as calendar, contacts, tasks, notes work fine. Any suggestions ? ...

Saving in Excel #3
I have a problem that just started last week. When I modify a cell with new text I cannot save the file until I click off the cell. I used to be able to click save without clicking off the box. Can someone tell me how to fix this? The save icon is still enabled for me when I'm editting a cell. (I use xl2003.) You could try resetting the standard toolbar: tools|customize|toolbars tab select the Standard toolbar click reset be aware that any customized changes you've made to that toolbar will have to be recreated. ====== If that doesn't help, how about a test: Close excel wi...

accessing hotmail
grettings all Is there a way to access my hotmail or yahoo mail from outlook 2000 -- Cash With a third party tool like Hotmail Popper you can. Don't know about Yahoo. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Cash" <Cash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31143CAB-37D4-46AD-A374-D45BA6843F94@microsoft.com... > grettings all > > Is there a way to access my hotmail or yahoo mail from outlook 2000 &...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Reports: Excel?
Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format? Or do you have to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel? Generally if you are using the report writer in Great Plains you have to use CSV or Txt as you suggest. Look at Smartlist to see if you can get the same information there. "spraycan77" wrote > Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format? Or do you have > to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel? > > If you look at what they are doing around the product, you might get the idea that ...

Is there a grammar checker for Excel?
I received a file translated from Portugese to English, and the English is pretty bad. Would like to try a grammer checker or similar tool to improve the sentences. Maybe you can just copy|paste into word? Or save as a text file and open that in word. I don't think I've seen a grammar option anywhere in Excel. DDC wrote: > > I received a file translated from Portugese to English, and the English is > pretty bad. Would like to try a grammer checker or similar tool to improve > the sentences. -- Dave Peterson ...

2007 Customization
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007. Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ??? I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomiz...

E-mail Attachements on Outlook 2003
When opening attached word documents they all open on word pad mode. I then have to save them and open them by opening MS word first. This happened after I had upgraded to office 2003. What extension shows in this registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/msword Also, what program is pointed to by the application/msword value in this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Viewers "Sonwabo" <Sonwabo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDFCBD99-9322-4BEF-9F70-6C34091EC016@microsoft.com... > When ope...

Excel 2007 Pivot charts, any way to display filters on the chart?
New to 2007, searched, no joy. In prior versions, when building a pivot chart, one could see the filters and their values on the actual chart; page filter, categories, and X axis. in 2007, I don't see this as an option; filters are in their own dialog box and are not displayed on the actual chart. This is problematic especially for page fields because I used the displayed filters as proxies for chart titles; you could easily see if the displayed chart was filtered for a data subset or for all data. Now, I need to remember to add the filter information to the chart title...

excel histograms
trying to create a histogram in excel have my class intervals in one column like this 449.5 - 474.5 474.5 - 499.5 499.5 - 524.5 524.5 - 549.5 549.5 - 574.5 574.5 - 599.5 I have no idea what goes where on the next page thats opens up (the data analysis histogram tool) there is "input range" what goes here? Bin range.. what goes here? i have this set of data in this table layout Class Int Midpoint (x) Freq (f) Rel Freq Culm fx fx� 449.5 - 474.5 462 3 0.15 3 1386 1920996 474....

Working in Excel 2003 but not Excel 2007. Can not protect sheet.
Hi, User entered data on Excel Sheet(s) and send to receipant. The returned sheet(s) should be locked and should not be modfied by the receipant. It works in Excel 2003. However, it does not work in Excel 2007. User sent the worksheet(s) but the sheet(s) did not lock as in Excel 2003. Receipants can modify the sheet(s). I tried many different ways without success. Please help and thank you for your support. Private Sub cmdEmail_Click() Dim cnt As Integer Dim destWb, srcWb As Workbook Dim tmpWin, actWin As Window Dim stWbPath As String On Error Resu...

user form that retrieves data from Microsoft Access query
I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template should display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that this works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is being displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is located and that looks fine. Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance. Where is the database, ...

TransferSpreadsheet Error
I am using the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method in an Access Form to export Data to an Excel workbook. Sometimes the method works, sometimes I get the following error: Error Number: 3310 Error Description: This property is not supported for external data sources or for databases created with a previous version of Microsoft Jet. The table being exported is actually a query, and the database has been created with the current version of Jet (4.0). Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks, DJ ...

What is Excel hotkey for cell lock, C1 to $c$1
I recall a hotkey that can lock all the cell references in a formula. ex. A1+B1 to $A$1+$B$1 the F4 function key "BLUTO" wrote: > I recall a hotkey that can lock all the cell references in a formula. > ex. A1+B1 to $A$1+$B$1 Select the formula (or a part of a formula) in the formula bar, and press F4 to cycle between the 4 reference styles. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "BLUTO" <BLUTO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B63B604-B495-4B8D-A791-060613174EA6@microsof...

Excel
Hi, Do any new versions of excel have the ability to plot the four corners of a rectangle on an XY scatter plot, i.e. five pairs of coordinates (x1y1, x1y2, x2 y2, x2y1, and to close the box x1y1), and then "fill" the rectangle with a colour of my choice, or any polygon defined by the vertices. I know an old product by Corel (quattro pro?) used to be able to do this. Thanks Mark It is a long process but see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Mark" <Mark@discussio...

excel sharing
hello there, i am having trouble with excel 97 and sharing; we find that it doesn't always save everything that everyone has input; usually someone saves their inputs but it kills off others; can anyone offer any suggestions; thanks. Under Tools|Share workbook|Advanced Tab, you can see your options. And if you look at Excel's help (this is from xl2002): Seeing other users' changes Each time you save the shared workbook, you're updated with any changes that others have saved since the last time you saved. If you want to keep the shared workbook open to monitor progress,...

Problem scrolling throu records ?? on 2007
On 2003 I used to be able to click and hold on the next record button, and it would automatically scroll thou to all the next records. On 2007 I have to keep clicking to get the next record. How can I get 2007 to automatically scroll throu the records ??? Its got to be something simple, but I cannot find it. On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:23:42 GMT, dutchman <dutchman@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: I don't think the standard vcr-style navigation buttons on a form used to work that way. If you have your own buttons, you can set AutoRepeat=True and you can get the effect you're looking for. -T...

In Excel 2007 Trendlines
In Excel 97, I could get trendlines as polynomials with exponents from 1 to 6, and I could get exponential too. It looks like Excel 2007 is downgraded to only exponent 1, which means linear. Am I right that it is downgraded like this? KEK - No, you are not right. But you do need to have one more data point than the order of polynomial. That is, for linear, you need at least two points. For polynomial of order 2 (quadratic), you need at least three points. For polynomial of order 3 (cubic), you need at least four points. Etc. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com ...

help moving from Excel 2000 to 2007
Does anyone have any ideas or resources to help an individual getting used to using Excel 2007 after using Excel 2000 for years and love love loving it? Today, after about 30 minutes of trying to find where to go to add option buttons or checkboxes (checking every menu, oh sorry, "ribbon"; typing term after term into the "Help" and getting no results that were actually helpful; doing a quick google search; checking every "ribbon" again), I started to type up a question to this newsgroup, but then decided to check Help one last time. (I wasn't sure if I...

Excel open up with multiple workbooks created by links to other files that were not excel files
When I open excell it automatically opens myrid files that are usually not excel files. These were either image files, text files, access files or other files that I had downloaded or created in other applications. Some excel files are included. It now takes approximately three to four minuites to open excell and close all of the unwanted files.I am afraid that this will soon crash my system unless I can get a fix for the situatuion. I am running excel 2000 on windows 98 SE. Any help?? ...