Transferring from Word to Excel

I'm trying to transfer Word documents into Excel documents.  Is there a way
to do this?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database
product that's part of Office Professional.

You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to either
Word or Excel.

When you do repost, it would likely help whoever's responding if you
indicate what versions of Word and Excel you're using, and possibly even
what operating system you're using. It would also be useful if you could
give an example of what it is you're trying to do.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to transfer Word documents into Excel documents.  Is there a
> way
> to do this?

0
Douglas

about transfer order

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

Accessing Excel API without installing Excel
Can I access MS Excel APIs and Excel Object model without installing MS Excel on the target machine? Any information will be helpful. ...

Org Chart -- Imports from Word of Job Descriptions?
We are new to Visio, using the trial version. My wife's boss just dumped a project on her that I said I'd try to help her with. Her new, computer illiterate, boss is making many organizational changes (small university) and wants to make a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these changes. He wants to be able to click on a position and have the job description for that position pop-up as a new page/slide. The job descriptions are in Word 2003. My wife has Word & PowerPoint 2007 on her machine at work, and we have Office 2003 on our PC's at home. Is this possible ...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Scroll wheel not working in Word 7
I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says: PS/2 Compatible Mouse This device is working properly Driver Provider: Microsoft Driver Date: 01/07/2001 Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0 Tried installing "WizMouse" (www.antibody-software.com), which has an option to 'Enable mouse wheel for applications without mouse wheel support', but that doesn't cure the problem. Any ...

Excel spreadsheet not opening
Working in Office 97 and having Trouble opening a document in excel. The document will flick, and then minimize and will not open when the icon is clicked. The only way of opening it is to open another excel document and then open this particular document. It has worked well for months and this is the only spreadsheet I am having trouble with. Hi sounds like this sheet got corrupted. Best way: create a new file and copy your data to this new file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Janet wrote: > Working in Office 97 and having Trouble opening a document > in excel. Th...

Transfering messages

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

i can't seem to delete a document from 2007 word.
i have documents on word that i created during trial period on word. i want to delete them and i can't. isn't there a simple delete method where you highlight the document and it deletes? when i right click i get options about ribbons. when i open saved files, i can't find the documents that are on word 7 "imeighty" <imeighty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4D99F-BFC2-4AE7-B603-A93AD96D5ACD@microsoft.com... > i have documents on word that i created during trial period on word. i > want > to delete them and i can'...

Send Excel 2002 spreadsheet to MacIntosh Excel 2004
How do I save my Excel 2002 spreadsheet so that someone with MacIntosh Excel 2004 can read it properly? ...

Word as an editor
I have Outlook 2000 and Word 2002. When I compose an email I get a message that tells me that I need to update my Outlook to the same version as Word to use Word as the editor. In the past I was able to use these two programs together without any problems but now I cannot. Any suggestions? If you were once able to use these 2 programs together, I would dearly like to know how you accomplished it since different versions of Outlook and Word (except for Outlook 98/Word 97) have NEVER functioned together. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Excel 2007
Hello, Whenever I add a chart to a worksheet (in Excel 2007), the number of columns in that worksheet extend till column XFD - more than 16,000 column even if I use only 4... Is there a way to fix this? Thanks! Regardless of the number of rows/columns used XL2007 has 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns. It has nothing to do with having or not having a chart. However, the size of the file depends on how many cell have entries. There is not way to change the number of rows or column but you can hide some. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &...

Excel Graphing With Widely Divergent Values
I searched but couldn't find anythign about this problem. Here's the basic premise: I've got two dollar variables I want to graph over time. The first variable is in the $10 range over the period. The second variable is in the $100,000 range. How can I adjust/concatenate/whatever the scale so that I can meaningfully display the two variables on one graph? Right now, I end up with two straight lines separated by acres of blank space. Thanks! Select the custom chart type, "Line - Column on 2 Axes". I'd already done that, but had hoped there was a way to adjust...

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...