Transfering pie chart to Powerpoint correctly

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me! I am trying to add a piechart that I
made in Excel to a slide in Powerpoint.

I do the usual copy and paste and it appears to work correctly but the
piechart in powerpoint is missing a few of the labels. Most of them are there
but some of them just have the percentage amount but not the label name. I
need the label names on all of them!

Any help would be appreciate!! :) I am using 2003 edition.

Thanks,
Heather
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database
product that's part of Office Professional.

You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to PowerPoint.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"hcjb" <hcjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me! I am trying to add a piechart that I
> made in Excel to a slide in Powerpoint.
>
> I do the usual copy and paste and it appears to work correctly but the
> piechart in powerpoint is missing a few of the labels. Most of them are
> there
> but some of them just have the percentage amount but not the label name. I
> need the label names on all of them!
>
> Any help would be appreciate!! :) I am using 2003 edition.
>
> Thanks,
> Heather

0
Douglas
11/18/2009 12:02:10 PM
In Excel hold the shift-buttn and  choose menu -> edit. You'll see a new
option is then available: "copy image". Click on it and paste the image into
Powerpoint. If you need to re-edit the pie you have to do it in Excel and
repeat the aforementioned actions.

Lars

"hcjb" <hcjb@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me! I am trying to add a piechart that I
> made in Excel to a slide in Powerpoint.
>
> I do the usual copy and paste and it appears to work correctly but the
> piechart in powerpoint is missing a few of the labels. Most of them are
> there
> but some of them just have the percentage amount but not the label name. I
> need the label names on all of them!
>
> Any help would be appreciate!! :) I am using 2003 edition.
>
> Thanks,
> Heather

0
Lars

Org Chart -- Imports from Word of Job Descriptions?
We are new to Visio, using the trial version. My wife's boss just dumped a project on her that I said I'd try to help her with. Her new, computer illiterate, boss is making many organizational changes (small university) and wants to make a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these changes. He wants to be able to click on a position and have the job description for that position pop-up as a new page/slide. The job descriptions are in Word 2003. My wife has Word & PowerPoint 2007 on her machine at work, and we have Office 2003 on our PC's at home. Is this possible ...

about transfer order

Charts #22
hi, i have data on different sheets in a workbook. the data on the first sheet is a name corresponding to which there is an amount in the next cell. On the second sheet too, the same name appears but with a different amount next to it. Is it possible to create a graph based on the two values. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "tc" <troy.coutinho@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180697190.621880.326...

Adding PowerPoint slide to Access Form
How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will be on my switchboard)? I don't believe it's possible. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!) "Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA6EEA66-68ED-46F1-ABE9-1B5F83EEDEF6@microsoft.com... > How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will > be > on my switchboard)? Probably not do-able, but here's a good site for things pertaining to PowerPoint: htt...

Transfering messages

Chart accessibility in a shared workbook
Hi, I have a workbook that contains two charts. There is no protection on the workbook or the sheet that contains the charts. The workbook is shared to permit people to update it simultaneously. People need to put these charts in other documents and the ususal method for this is to select them both by holding down shift and clicking each one, and then copying and pasting. However, the problem is that when the workbook is shared the charts cannot be selected. Is there anyway of sharing the workbook and allowing people to edit/select the charts? Many thanks in advance. Libby Hi, The ...

Trouble drilling through 3D column chart in ReportViewer WinForm C
Hi, I am using ReportViewer WinForm control to show chart reports generated by RS 2008. My Visual Studio is 2008. Here is my scenario: show a 3D column chart first, then drill through when clicking on the column. I found something wrong with 3D column chart: only when you move mouse to the top plane of the 3D column(no matter it is cubic or cylinder), the cursor can change to hand and drill through is possible. When you move mouse to other surfaces of column, the mouse won't change and you can't drill through. There is no such problem when you preview chart in VS, ...

Alterations/corrections on userform
Hi All On a userform I get the details of of a quote previously sent to a customer. I would like to edit/change some of the details, if possible on the same userform. I'm not sure how to go about this. Any ideas would be mush appreciated -- HJN Hennie: Your question is very vague. You address each textbox on a userform by its name. So, if you want to use VBA to change a value, you would reference the form object, such as Me.txtMyTextbox.Value = "SomeValue" -- Rich Locus Logicwurks, LLC "Hennie Neuhoff" wrote: > Hi All > On a us...

RE: Check this correction update
--wnmfhdyuimbuoogb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="grtwgjbbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --grtwgjbbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mrihmqcdiuwpmb" --mrihmqcdiuwpmb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

chart with with date filter
hi, i have a big amount dates with values. i want to filter those dates ("from" and "to") by my choise in a combo boxes and create a chart in the same time. thanks ...

HR Position Transfers

Not able to switch powerpoint views through automation code in vc++
Hi, I've created a mfc appIication which uses CHtmlView. when it loads a ppt file, i get reference to powerpoint application, get the presentation object and end the slideshow. So now the powerpoint application automatically displays the edit mode which has the view type set as ppViewNormal. Now if i get a reference to the window and set its view type to ppViewSlide it has no effect. I expect the outline window and the notes window to disappear but its not happening. If the same code is run through vb script, it works perfectly ...

Windows Easy Transfer

color chart
Hi all this is line chart with sale in money on vertical and quarters 01/08, 02/08,03/08,04/08 and 01/09.forecast,02/09.forecast on horizontal How can I color the chart wherre forecast is different that quarter in the past? Do I need macro or just using formula. Thanks in advance Daniel Ku So are you trying to compare forecast to forecast or forcast to actuals? Do you want to do it for all quarters, or just the current quarter? If you data is by month why are you comparing by quarter? If Jan 08 to Mar 08 were 1, 2, 1 and Apr 08 to Jun 08 was 2, 1, 1 would you consider this the sa...

Simple? pie chart
Hi I have data like this customer food service ---------------------------- john excellent good mary excellent excellent david fair fair diane good good jim poor fair I want to create one pie chart for food (and one for service) that hows what % of customer rated the food (service, resp.) as excellent/good/fair/poor. Seems pretty simple, but naturally it's not. Set up a table with the ratings in the firs column, and the categories across the top: Food Service poor fair good excellent In the first cell under food (G2 in thi...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Charting Time Samples
I have a spread sheet with a time value in hours:minutes:seconds in column A and another on column B with a value in hours:minutes:seconds. In column C is the difference betwen the two. (=TEXT(B1-A1,"h:mm:ss") with a results like this.... 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:50 0:00:48 0:00:50 0:00:52 0:00:52 0:00:57 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:02 0:01:02 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:25 0:00:25 0:00:25 0:03:25 0:00:27 How do I chart these time samp...

Looking for a charting control
Hi all, I am looking for a professional quality charting control. Current requirements are Bar charts and Pie Charts, but this might change in the near feature to include more complex data types using Line charts (smooth and normal), area charts (stacked), point or radar charts. I haven't been able to find a good one yet. I found this put the documentation is not adequite. http://www.nevron.com/Charting.aspx?nav=ChartNav&content=Chart Any suggestions? AliR. I've used a system called ProEssentials5. I built a thin C++ wrapper around their types and I've done a number of g...

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

PowerPoint forum
anyone know a good link to a powerpoint forum? -- tkaplan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22987 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472074 http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint&lang=en&cr=US "tkaplan" wrote: > > anyone know a good link to a powerpoint forum? > > > -- > tkaplan > --------------------------------------------------------...

chart axis title
Heeeeeelp I have MS excel 2000. Every time I plot a chart the y-axis title is incomplete (a few letters are missing off the end). It does not let m change the title-box size via the usual route (i.e. dragging one of th corners with the mouse). If I change the font size of the title, the bo also gets smaller and half of the title is still missing. The x-axis i fine, only the y-axis is causing problems. When I open the same file up on any other computer with the same Exce version it works fine, the problem only appears on my laptop which i only 2 months old. Is there some way of changing ...

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...