transfer database

I need to import 25 workbooks from Excel to Access xp/2002, merging them into
one table.  I did it using the Access Graphic User Interface and ran into a
memory problem-it can only import part of the workbooks on older machines.
Would VB code manage the memory issue more efficiently?  If so, can you show
me the code to do this?  I have MINIMAL vb experience.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

about transfer order

Database integrity
I have someone who says they entered data into a database, but the data isn't there. Others have entered data into the same database and that data is there. All users have used the same front-end. Save is automatic when the form is closed. There are no signs of corruption. Is this possible? "Tara" <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83693CD9-76E5-4225-9864-CEB70132EA59@microsoft.com... >I have someone who says they entered data into a database, but the data >isn't > there. Others have entered data into the same database ...

Problems opening a database
Hi all I'm trying to open a database that I created on another computer but when I try to open the database I get the following error. SOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDEDSOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDEDSOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDED Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Simon ...

Transfering messages

database creation
i am trying to creat a directory in excel. I have about a 1000 listings i've found, but it is very tedious entereing them all (name, address, phone #) one by one. Is there a spider or bot or something that can take this info and add it into excel for me? Where are the listings you found? Maybe you could use the Data>Import External Data and choose Import Data or New Web Query. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:07:04 -0700, erok <erok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am trying to creat a directory in excel. I have about a 1000 listings i've >f...

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Recipe Database in Access
Hi Guys Last year my partner and I bought a small country kitchen where we make jams, chutneys, sauces etc. We would like to put all our recipes into an access database. Can anyone please point us in the right direction to find one. The functionality we are looking for includes: - ingredient searches ... eg - so we can pull up all recipes that malt vinegar (which includes gluten) and replace with a gluten free vinegar. - ingredient costs ... to help with product pricing. - volume output - recipe owner ... some of the recipes are owned by a specific customers and we only make that produ...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Newbie needs help in connecting to an Oracle 10g DataBase from an MFC code.
Hi, I want to connect to an Oracle 10g Database from my MFC code.I am developing using EVC++ 4.0 and PPC2003 Emulator.I want to populate a form that i have created for customer details with data from a database.Pls Pls send me sample codes for connectivity.Thanx in advance. These articles may be interesting to you: http://www.orafaq.com/faqoo4o.htm http://www.codeproject.com/database/oralikevb.asp http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/data/mfc_database/oracle/article.php/c1159/ Tom "wowsmarties" <soniaiqbal1212@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139311262.738677.245780@g14g2000cwa....

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...

Database size #7
Hi everyone, We are choosing between SQL Express and SQL Server. We'd like to go with SQL Express but the database size is limited to 4 Gb. We'll take 3 lanes and back office, about 500 items, 5 suppliers and 150 transactions per day. We'd like to store receipts in database too. I'll appreciate if someone could help us to understand if 4 Gb is enough for a store like us and what will be the difference in database size with storing our receipts and without it. M, I am not sure if there is a definitive answer to this but i will give you an example of one of my three lane...

problem with mail database
Thank you all who have assisted with my troubles. I have now rescued all but a couple of mail boxes - those with odd names - more exeriments necessary I guess. Neil ...

Database Properties
I am not able to user database editing properties by right click and clicking on database properties in MS Visio 2003 std. because the database modeling isn't available in standard. check this out. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/FX101757911033.aspx#3 al "Kamaljeet Singh" <Kamaljeet Singh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7729791A-7FEA-40EA-92E8-0078B5CF2348@microsoft.com... >I am not able to user database editing properties by right click and >clicking > on database properties in MS Visio 2003 std. ...

Transferring SMTP server to the new exchange
if I introduce new exchange server into the network how do i transfer SMTP server to the new exchange so that outgoing emails use it instead of the old exchange server? thank you On your current servers setup smart host to the new server. Do this from: 1. Exchange System Manager virtual server settings. 2. Delivery property sheet 3. Advanced 4. Smart Host - You can enter the IP insquare brackets or the machine name. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "asdf" &...

transferring files #3
hi, i just got a new computer. i want to transfer the contacts and emails, basically the all the information i had in outlook express on my old computer to the new one. i tried to just copy outlook onto a zip disk and put it on the new computer but that didn't work. i can't seem to find any folders where this info is in outlook. need help! thanks I'm not exactly sure about Outlook Express, but in Outlook there is an 'Import / Export' function in the 'File' menu. From here, follow the steps and create a 'pst' file for your contacts and messages....

How to Setup Sample Database on MS CRM 3.0
Hello, every ms crm expert, I am a beginer for ms crm and prepare to learn ms crm 3.0. Is there anybody who knows how to setup sample database on MS CRM 3.0? May I get the setup steps? Thank you in advance. Regards Leo Te recomiendo que primero intentes instalar el servidor CRM, al instalarlo se generara una BD por defecto. para esto puede basarte en el CRM implementation guide. -- Magy "Leo" wrote: > Hello, every ms crm expert, > > I am a beginer for ms crm and prepare to learn ms crm 3.0. > Is there anybody who knows how to setup sample database on MS CRM 3....

database file size
Hello - We've had our exchange server up for about a month or so now and it runs great. I was doing some maitenance and I came across the issue of the 16gb limit for the .edb database file. My question is, what are some good techniques to keeping this file down, so I don't approach the 16gb threshold. I've already read about using the EseUtil to defrag the .edb file once a month to compact the size. Also, I'v leared to have users archive or delete items out of their mailbox. Are there any other useful techniques to keeping this file's size down. Another thin...

Transfer of Address Book from MS Outlook
How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook Express. Thanks, Jack Larkin Import it from Outlook Express. File->Import. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer wyreema@bigpind.net.au <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook | Express. | Thanks, | Jack Larkin I don't believe there is such an optio...

Transfers
Hi I am still using Money 2001. There seems to be two ways of posting a transfer between accounts: 1) Using the 'Transfer' page on the data entry form 2) Doing a deposit or withdrawl and choosing 'Transfer' under SPECIAL in the category for the transaction. Both seem to work, why are these a bit different, and when should I use each way? Many thanks for any help. They aren't different. A Transfer is a Transfer. "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053801c3c45d$d8aa7c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am still using M...