Timer for Queries?

Does anyone know of a macro or add-on that I could use as a simple timer for
queries?  I don't like to use the CPU time in the Task Manager because of
it's inaccuracy when not receiving full CPU usage.

THanks for any suggestions
--
cmungs
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to cause a query
to run automatically every so often? If so, you will need to use the timer
event on a form to do that.

--

Lynn Trapp
Microsoft MVP (Access)

"cmungs" <cmungs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a macro or add-on that I could use as a simple timer
> for
> queries?  I don't like to use the CPU time in the Task Manager because of
> it's inaccuracy when not receiving full CPU usage.
>
> THanks for any suggestions
> --
> cmungs

0
Lynn
6/7/2007 3:53:50 PM
Thanks for the reply Lynn!

No, I'm not trying to schedule a query.  I'm simply trying to find a way to
time how long it take a given query to run.  We have queries that take
several hours to complete and I'd like to set up some sort of "stop watch"
function to tell me how long the query ran before completion.

Is this possible or am I stuck doing it manually?
--
cmungs

"Lynn Trapp" wrote:

> Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to cause a query
> to run automatically every so often? If so, you will need to use the timer
> event on a form to do that.
>
> --
>
> Lynn Trapp
> Microsoft MVP (Access)
> www.ltcomputerdesigns.com
>

> "cmungs" <cmungs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a macro or add-on that I could use as a simple timer
> > for
> > queries?  I don't like to use the CPU time in the Task Manager because of
> > it's inaccuracy when not receiving full CPU usage.
> >
> > THanks for any suggestions
> > --
> > cmungs

Delete more than 1 tables in one Query?
Hi all, i would like to ask if we can delete more than 1 tables in one query in Access? It would be something like Delete * From tableA; Delete * From tableB; [they are located in the same query] Thanks!! No. You have multiple SQL statements in a single query in Access. You can achieve the same result by calling a macro, or using code like this: Dim db As DAO.Database db.Execute "Delete * From tableA;", dbFailOnError db.Execute "Delete * From tableB;", dbFailOnError -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http...

have "2 timers" in one form, possible?
I have a form, but i need different timers 1) for updating Elapsed time every second (1000ms) 2) Auto Update a query every 20 Minutes (20000ms) 3) User Log-off time session 1 hour (60000 ms) How can that be done? Dear expert, thanks a lot! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Create a form-level variable (i.e. one declared in the General Declarations section of the form's module), e.g.: Private mdtFormOpen As Date Assign the time the form was opened to it: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) mdtFormOpen = Now() End Sub In the form's timer event, test the nu...

Timer of Form
Hi Guys, I need help in showing a timer value in a text box as well the user can still operate a form within the database, whilst the counter is counting down. I want ot be able to set a variable timer say to 30 seconds and be able to update text boxes within a form. I don't know if it is possible to update the form whilst the timer is runnig?? Does anyone have a pre made timer such as this?? many thansk for your help in advance!! Cheers, On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:31:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I nee...

Query Registry problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C71473.F468C550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,all I have code like the following lines, =20 HKEY hkey; LONG res;=20 =20 DWORD dwtype, sl =3D 256; res =3D::RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"SOFTWARE\\GY\\", = 0,KEY_WRITE|KEY_READ, &hkey); =20 ::RegQueryValueEx(hkey, "serverip", NULL, &dwtype, = (LPBYTE)m_serverip.GetBuffer(20), &sl); =20 ::RegQueryValueEx(hkey, "port", NULL, &dwtype, (...

Query with alphabet
I want to extract the data of persons whose names are started with the Alphabet i entered in the Parameter field. and what will be the coding for create a parameter dialog box? Like [Enter First Letter] & "*" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Arunoday" <Arunoday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF9480C0-BFC8-47D4-976B-398F50C67A49@microsoft.com... >I want to extract the data of persons whose names are started with the > Alphabet i entered in the Parameter field. > and what w...

Microsoft Query #4
I receive message SQL0104 when changing a column heading in Microsoft Query while using the Client Access ODBC driver to connet to an iSeries 400 server. I have been informed by IBM that this is a problem with Microsoft's Query in that it incorrectly quotes the new Column Heading name before sending it to the ODBC Driver . Is anyone aware of a update or solution? Thanks Nick Thanks everyone, I just located the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 298955, I followed the procedures below, and the SQL0104 error went away. 1. Quit all Office programs.. 2. Click Start, and ...

Between in a query
Hello! I have a field [Fødselsdato1] (birthdate, short date) and I am interested in finding out all those who are 50 to 60 years. I tried Year(Date())-50 and Year(Date())-60 and found those that are 50 and 60, but not all those from 51 to 59 years. Can someone please help me? -- Tom R. Thorstensen On Jan 8, 6:31=A0am, Tom R. <tom...@broadpark.no> wrote: > Hello! > > I have a field [F=F8dselsdato1] (birthdate, short date) and I am intereste= d in > finding out all those who are 50 to 60 years. > I tried =A0Year(Date())-50 and Year(Date())-60 and found those tha...

timers
Is there any limit on the number of timers i can use in a program ? I think, it is not. But it is not guaranteed that a timer will come in its time. If the system has to administrate to many threads it can swallow some timer events. Ralf www.oop-trainer.de If you are using "regular" timers I don't think so. However if you are using multimedia timers there is a limitation of 16 if I remeber correctly. /Magnus "srinivas" <srinu001@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:emHrvGWkDHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there any limit on the number of ti...

using vba to loop an insert query until all records in query are d
I've got a table (tblMain) which stores the seat to which each person in the table is assigned for a given event. I'm working on writing code that will take the person sitting in the lowest seat number about a certain range and move that person into the lowest seat number currently empty below that range. I've figured out the SQL to accomplish the locating of the lowest occupied seat above the range and the lowest unoccupied seat below the range and I've figured out the SQL to move the person sitting in the the seat found above the range into the seat found below the r...

Excel Web Query
I'm attempting to use Web Query to import a Web-based table into Excel in order to perform lookups on the imported data. The reference point is customer number - common to both my Excel sheets and the Web-based table. The problem I have is that the Web-based table is not sorted by customer number, hence I can not use the VLOOKUP function to transfer relevant information from the Web table to the Excel sheet. Yes, I know I can sort the imported table, but the data is dynamic and I'd like the sheet to be up to date with each refresh. That is not possible as the data changes back...

Web query misbehaviour.
Hello everybody, I've built a web query (*.iqy file) getting the page address from the web. In Excel I choose Data/Import External Data/Import Data... and select the created iqy file. When I run the query I'm informed that the program is "Unable to open http://..... Cannot download the information you requested." However if I choose the Edit Query command from the drop down list of the right mouse button the requested page comes up suddenly. Can somebody explain to me this strange behaviour or if some explanation exists on this matter? Thank you, NEMO2K nessun.ulisse@libe...

Variable of Timer ?
I added a timer by overwriting OnTimer: void CTestPhasePPMDlg::OnTimer(UINT_PTR nIDEvent) { CDialog::OnTimer(nIDEvent); } I can Set the timer with SetTimer(1, 2000, NULL); but how shall I kill the timer with KillTimer(...); if I do not know the variable of the timer? Or how do I have to set that on up? Matthias On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:48:12 +0200, Matthias Pospiech <matthias79@gmx.de> wrote: >I added a timer by overwriting OnTimer: > >void CTestPhasePPMDlg::OnTimer(UINT_PTR nIDEvent) >{ > CDialog::OnTimer(nIDEvent); >} > >I can Set the timer with >SetTim...

Joining Multiple Queries
Apologies if previous post hits the forum. I pressed enter in error. I have 6 queries which have been derived from a common table field and similar queries from other tables. Each query has a date and a number and each query has exactly the same dates although there may not be a number every day - where there were two numbers for a day I have grouped by date from the basic data to sum the figure. Hence I have (number of records minimised just to show principle) nb Headings are "mydate" and variations on balance ie "Eurbal", "USDbal" etc Eur Query USD ...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

Reverse DNS query
Hi Have an issue with DNS I think. I have a user that is getting the following NDR for Exchange 2003: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <domain.co.uk #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 <users email>... Sender IP must resolve> this has only just started to happen and seems to affect a few domains here and there - most mail is going through I have been looking around the net and have run the DNS report which has highlighted: Reverse DNS entries for MX records - ERROR: The IP of one or m...

Query executed by the user
Hi Guys, Is it possible to find each user account who has performed query operations against a DB? I did manage to find something for SQL 2005 which does give me the query that is executed and the time..This does not list the user account.. SELECT deqs.last_execution_time AS [Time], dest.text AS [Query] FROM sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS deqs CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(deqs.sql_handle) AS dest ORDER BY deqs.last_execution_time DESC I want to find these info for both SQL 2000 and 2005... Thanks a lot for your answers, JJ Jaison Jose (JaisonJose@discussions.microsof...

Crosstab Query to produce a report with row field with multiple s.
I'm trying to mimic an excell spreadsheet type summary report with a crosstab query that has a project number in the first row, SumBudgeted Rev, SumProjected Rev, SumActual Rev in the second row that belong to that project number and the Columns are Dates in "mm-yyyy" format. The value field is Actual Rev minus Budgeted Rev divided by Budgeted Rev. The object is to show monthly totals of revenues per project number with a calculated column at the very end in percent. Sorry about the display name all of the good ones are taken. There is a solution for a monthly crosstab...

SQL query with multiple columns
I am trying to get a query to obtain results from a table that contains approx. 12 million records in short time frame. Below is an example of the query. select sum(field_1) as total, field_2, field_3, field_4, field_5, field_6, field_7, field_8, field_9, field_10, field_11, field_12, field_13 from table_a where datepart(M, field_4) in ( '1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9','10','11','12') and datepart(YYYY, field_4) in ('2004','2005','2006','2007,'2008'...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

Sub-Query not reflecting changes to the master query it uses
Error in Access 2007: Changes to criteria in a query used as master query are not reflected in sub-queries (which refer directly, and only, to that master query) unless the database is closed then re-opened. Why? I'm using XL professional, have 1gb ram, Access 2007 installed as part of Office 2007. I'm using one table; all of my sub-queries refer to a master query within my database. Ex: If I make a change to my master query so that it collects a limited range of dates, and then switch to a sub-query referring to that master, the change in records shown in the master is not...

Timer or not Timer
To view the data in a grid using the method refresh the grid with timer. And 'can display data without using a timer, but sending them to the source without refreshing? The data to be displayed are inserted into a MySQL database. The grid is updated with a reference count. Whenever I question the counter to see if new records have arrived. I can indicate an 'alternative? Thank you. Try reading through this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164015.aspx Comparing the Timer Classes in the .NET Framework Class Library "win" <...

requery on timer? does this make sense?
I have a pie-chart on my main menu; the main menu cannot close, it only becomes invisible. How do I requery the pie-chart to show new data when a new workorder is added to the system? Should this be done using a timer or is there a better way? I've tried to requery on the got focus event, but that didn't seem to work. If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful. Jason ...

Timers and Threads
Hello, I have a class in which I use System.Threading.Timer. The callback function should send a message using TCPClient. Since the Callback function is in an another thread this doesn't work! How do I Invoke a function in the class thread from the callback function? The Class is not a Form class! // Anders -- English is not my first language so any error, insults or strangeness has happend during the translation. Please correct my English so that I may become better at it! Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello, > > I have a class in which I use System.Thre...

SQL Query
can the group help please. I have a database query, bringing in 2 databases linked by a single primary key (in both db's) however, when they are brought into excel, they appear linked fine accross the columns however every record is duplicated So I have 2 rows for each item, with the same data How do I remove the duplication, within the query rather that use conditional formatting or some other method after refreshing the worksheet? Many thanks in advance. -- Vass "Vass" <write2mark_BRA_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:LvOdnZbmRpfNxGneRVnytw@eclipse.net.uk... ...

IIF Function in query
Hello all, I have a table which I have the default value 0, If these a way to use the function "IIF" in query to keep the cell blank when the cell contain a 0 as the default value? Because, if there is no quanity entered, I don't want to see the default value in my report Thanking you for your help! Fred's That sort of begs the question "Why have a default value if you don't want it?" IIf([Field] = 0, Null, [Field]) To remove the unwanted 0s, you can write an Update query: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = Null WHERE MyField = 0 Of course, what happens if so...