The Operation on the | Object failed

I have an access database linked to a SQL server 2005 back end database and
my users randomly get the above message on occasions.
It appears to usually happen when running VBA code. Can anybody help?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

Invalid object name 'PM00200'
After clone existing company, I get error "Invalid object name 'PM00200'" while opening Cards -> Purchasing -> Vendor. I check of existing this table in database - is OK. Granting rights to PM00200 is not solve this problem (grant select,update,insert,delete on PM00200 to DYNGRP). What wrong and how I can solve this problem? Please help... how did you clone the company? The right way to do it is to restore a backup as the cloned database. HS "Denisio" <Denisio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79425E5-237D-4470-A89B-FD67CF0958A5...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'
When I create a secondary axis [because I want to overlay a moving average on the bars] and save the workbook the chart is unrecoverable when I try to reload the workbook later. I get a message saying "Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?" When I reply 'yes' the spreadsheet is displayed without the chart. A 'no' reply loses the entire workbook. I have tested it enough in various ways to feel confident that it is probably the secondary axis addition that is the problem. Any su...

calling objects method
Hello, I have a collection of objects. Each object has few properties and few methods, among which: save, delete, recall and others. The "save" method of each object runs few private class functions to double check data and if everything is fine it adds the data collected in few tables. I would need a way to iterate the objects in the Collection (and I know how to do this) and call for each of them the "save" method. Is this possible? Hoping first it is clear... Thanks, Rocco it should be: myCollectionName.Item(itemIndex).Save ....I guess... "ro...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Dealing with Objects
Hello, I've written an FTP application that basically works like this: Class A uses CTreeCtrl class Class B is a dialog class So, to populate a tree and perform tree operations, class B creates an object of class A and invokes its functions. To get a file, user clicks on a button "Get" in class B and a function handling "Get" operations uses object B to invoke classB.OnGet() method which obtains two file names and through its tree handling procedures and do the file transfer. Here is the problem: when I use classB.OnGet() call in class A, the file names I get ar...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

When using Outlook I get "Your message failed" 554 Tranaction
When I try to send certain e-mails (not all) I receive the message "Your message did not reach the intended recipient" " 554 Transaction failed" This message pops=up immediately. Please help. Are you sending via the same SMTP server as the ISP you are using? That type of message usually indicates you are trying to relay through another ISP SMTP server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

Modifying object properties
Hello, I wish to allow some users from the domain users container the ability to create, manage and delete Exchange objects without having to add them to the Doman Admins group. I'm running a Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2000 Server forest (1 domain) with the Windows 2003 Server forest prep. I was looking for a way to do it through Delegation or GPO, but can't find nothing related. There's no simple way, you need to explicity add users\groups to be able to modify certain Exchange related attributes. Minimum permissions necessary to perform Exchange-related tasks http:/...

You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.
Do you know why is the following message appearings "You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.Please try again later". I have nothing running in the background. I am trying to import a file by downloading from the web and then clicking "Open" button. Some activity is in process, either the one you initiated or another one Money piggy-backed on your request. Money does some auto-processing on imported files, trying to match the file transactions to existing Money transactions. It doesn't let you make any transac...

OLE Object (pdf doc Files )
Is there a way to extract information from an ole object? I have a form that displays a PDF and a word document as an OLE Object. This is fine on an access form and works well but I require to also provide links to these documents via a web interface. I know that I could and have set up hyperlinks in text fields that work ok but then these do not show the document on the form like the OLE Object. My question is, is there a way to extract the informationj held in the OLE odject (using VBA) so that I can get the system to automatically retrieve the path to the PDF and place it into ...

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')" Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I seem to be getting this error from t...

What MFC Objects Can't be created on the Stack?
For example: I need to change fonts quite a bit in my application. I am not sure which objects must be persistent, and which objects can be immediately destroyed upon use. In the following function only Screen is persistent. Will this lead to resource or memory leaks? Where can I find out more about preventing resource leaks? ChangeFont(CDC& Screen) { CFont NewFont; LOGFONT lf; ChangeLOGFONT(lf); NewFont.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); Screen.SelectObject(&NewFont); } Peter Olcott wrote: > For example: I need to change fonts quite a bit in my application. I am not su...

Spreadsheets as OLE objects
Hello, I have a table in Access and in each record of that table is an Excel worksheet embedded as an OLE object. Copy and paste works in the selected worksheet, but when I try to copy and paste a range of cells from one embedded worksheet to one in another record the information is not passed to the clipboard as I have no paste function. The worksheets are not linked. Do the worksheets have to be linked to a workbook outside of Access? If so, do I then need to programmatically define the path? Thanks in advance for any help Hi Paul3rd, I've just tried to replicate the situation yo...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

Money 2004 illegal operation error
Hi, Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program. Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right back and I have to reboot to get rid of it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0. T...

Object Missing from Ribbon
Appreciate help on the above. I have a pivot chart when opened as accdb and the object group (Show/Hide) is visible (Using custom ribbon with XML). The problem is when the file is run as a runtime (accdr). The object is not there. Is there a way to make it visible. Alternatively is there a way using code to call it especially needed is the Chart Field List. Thanks in advance for all help Thanks ...

questionable operation
I have a user with an installation of Windows 2000, Office 2000 with all the latest service packs. Opening Excel first and then opening a .XLS file works as designed. Opening anything else, either from a shortcut or the actual file ends up with not only that file open but a 'Book1' file open as well. Also being opened this way if any change is made to the original file and an attempt to Exit (not just close the file) is made...it asks the usual "Do you want to save changes" message...but then it does not close the file. Both 'Book1' and the original file remain open. ...

Embedded objects not showing up
Embedded objects in a newsletter are not showing up on recipient e-mails. The code for the image is: "cid:image001.gif@01C5EDBB.A5DAE2E0" Does the cid need to be out of the quotes? Why would the objects not be showing up? How do I make embedded objects truly be embedded and not show as links? ...

Snap-in Failed to load
New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment manager, CRM security is running i have restarted the service i have even rebooted the server. But i still keep getting the snap-in error now. All of the services are running that should be.... any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I figured it out, I stupidly disabled the admin acct. within the CRM >-----Original Message----- >New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored >great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment >mana...