Text and Graphics together in reports

I hope I can explain this properly.  In my database (2007), I have
records with a question and 4 answers.  Some of the questions are
pictures (saved as BMP files in OLE Object fields) and others have
only text (memo field).  I basically have 2 question fields (one text
and one picture) and 2 fields for every answer (in case I need either
one or both - hence my problem).

On some of those questions, they have text before and after the
graphic:

This is what we have:
[image]
What is the answer?

What I am curious about is how to display this in a report?  Can the
text and graphic part be combined?  In the text questions, I imbedded
CRLF and the text "[image]" in an attempt to figure it out, but
nothing I search for is coming up with an answer (if there is one).

Is this possible?  If so, how?

Thanks !!!!
Tim
0
FinishRich2025
5/3/2010 2:18:17 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:18:17 -0700 (PDT), FinishRich2025
<finishrich2025@gmail.com> wrote:

No, you would simply display:
textbox1
bound ole object
textbox2

Each control would be bound (ControlSource) to its field in the
underlying query.
You can set CanGrow and CanShrink to true, so the controls would not
take up space if there is no data.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I hope I can explain this properly.  In my database (2007), I have
>records with a question and 4 answers.  Some of the questions are
>pictures (saved as BMP files in OLE Object fields) and others have
>only text (memo field).  I basically have 2 question fields (one text
>and one picture) and 2 fields for every answer (in case I need either
>one or both - hence my problem).
>
>On some of those questions, they have text before and after the
>graphic:
>
>This is what we have:
>[image]
>What is the answer?
>
>What I am curious about is how to display this in a report?  Can the
>text and graphic part be combined?  In the text questions, I imbedded
>CRLF and the text "[image]" in an attempt to figure it out, but
>nothing I search for is coming up with an answer (if there is one).
>
>Is this possible?  If so, how?
>
>Thanks !!!!
>Tim
0
Tom

Best way to report data
Hi, I have some data, it looks like this: X A 1 X B 1 X C 2 X D 1 Y A 2 Y B 2 Y C 1 Y D 3 Z A 1 Z B 4 Z C 3 Z D 7 I would like it to look like this: A B C D X 1 1 2 1 Y 2 2 1 3 Z 1 4 3 7 So, essentially, I want to make column 2 into a column header. Any ideas how I can accomplish this? Thanks, Michael michael.blaustein@gmail.com - If the data are in three separate columns, you could put a field name at the top of each column and use a pivot table to get the report. If the data are in a single column, first use Data | Text To Columns (with space as the separator). ...

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

Parametrized reports in 1.2 are unknown objects ?
Hi all. (I posted this question every 20 days) Anyone in the world has experience with parametrized reports in 1.2 ? Anyone could suggest me where to find informations about how to use it ? Thanks Seba ...

Keep getting message to update graphics driver
A message keeps popping up in one of my machines in an account running in the background. It keeps saying, "warning: please update the display driver and program". It looks like it's coming from Nvidia about the graphics driver. So I updated to the latest 195.62 WHQL drivers from Nvidia, the installation went fine, and the drivers are running fine, but I still get the message! There's nothing newer out there, other than maybe some beta drivers. I'm running with an 8600GT video card from Palit. I found one similar problem, posted on Nvidia's own forum...

CScrollView and text height

Account Overview report does not display subaccounts
Hi all, I don't know if I am missing something here but it seems the Account Overview report does not display subaccounts, even after I modify the include/exclude drop down and refresh the report (or click on View Report). I would like to display a hierarchy of subaccounts for the selected parent account. I thought that the Account Overview report was intended to do that! Thanks, Mohamed ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Viewing the montly report
so i get this notification that the montly report is ready to be viewed, which is great... i view it.. and i expect the little reminder note on the main page to vanish. how do i get that reminder to go away? Thanks Justin Wait a day or two or open the report again. "Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message news:%23nLxEe4pHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how do i get that reminder to go away? ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Report errors after YE update
We've had approximately 8-10 clients who have installed the year-end update within the past week or two and who have all had issues with modified reports. In certain cases, recreating the reports dictionary has corrected the issues - there have been a couple cases where we were required to recreate the dictionary the following day as well. Some of the issues have included errors such as "Resources in the dictionary cannot be found" or SQL error messages. Other issues have been reports reverting back to the report that is not modified, regardless of the security setup or...

Re: Using Text Styles

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

exchange reports acct locked out, but it isn't???
Running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4 SP6 PDC. I can see in the application event log an event of 13003 for MSExchangePop3 Authentication: Logon attempt from xx.xx.xx.xx to UserName has failed: HrLookupCredentials() call failed with error The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. I checked in the NT4 User Manager, and that account is NOT locked out. How can I resolve this? I'm not having this problem with other accounts. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle ...