Table off window in Design

I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to
the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next
table.
How do I resolve this problem?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Ted Turner 2010 wrote:
> I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to
> the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next
> table.
> How do I resolve this problem?

That's a first for me.

But I suppose if I were you, I'd switch to SQL view, copy the SQL,
create a new blank query, switch to SQL view and paste the copied SQL
there then switch back to design. By default, the tables should be
arranged by Access.

HTH.
0
Banana
1/2/2010 8:24:10 PM
Hi Ted,

Try copying the SQL (Structured Query Language) statement for the query,
instead of copying the saved querydef itself. Open the source query in design
view. Then flip to SQL view. Select the entire SQL statement and copy it.
Create a new query, dismissing the Add Tables dialog. Switch to SQL view.
Paste your SQL Statement from the clipboard into this new query. Now switch
to design view. This should avoid copying any other saved properties of the
query, such as the layout of the tables.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"Ted Turner 2010" wrote:

> I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to
> the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next
> table.
> How do I resolve this problem?
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 12:12:01 -0800, Ted Turner 2010 <Ted Turner
2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to
>the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next
>table.
>How do I resolve this problem?

The SQL solution that Tom and Banana suggest is your best bet - but for this
and other instances (e.g. the Relationships window) where tables can stray
offscreen, one solution may be to use the keyboard. Set focus to a table on
the window and press the <Tab> key to go from table to table. You should
eventually reach the lost sheep and be able to herd it back to the flock.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Neat trick--I didn't know that one could set focus to a table, and then tab
from table-to-table in query design.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 12:12:01 -0800, Ted Turner 2010 <Ted Turner
> 2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to
> >the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next
> >table.
> >How do I resolve this problem?
>
> The SQL solution that Tom and Banana suggest is your best bet - but for this
> and other instances (e.g. the Relationships window) where tables can stray
> offscreen, one solution may be to use the keyboard. Set focus to a table on
> the window and press the <Tab> key to go from table to table. You should
> eventually reach the lost sheep and be able to herd it back to the flock.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Outlook 2003 Reuse Open IE Windows
Currently if I have Outlook and IE open and I click on a link in an email in Outlook it opens a new IE window rather than reusing the already open IE window. How do I configure Outlook to reuse any already open IE windows? Thanks! Karine Rivet wrote: > Currently if I have Outlook and IE open and I click on a link in an email in > Outlook it opens a new IE window rather than reusing the already open IE > window. How do I configure Outlook to reuse any already open IE windows? I would like to know the same thing! At work, somehow outlook 2003 does that, but at home it kee...

Text Format in Tables...
I have a user that is always putting data into the tables with her caps lock on. I have told her several times not to. Is there a way to format all the text in a table to make it sentence case??? First, I am assuming that you aren't allowing a user to enter data directly into tables. If you are, you might strongly want to consider using a form for this instead. There are multiple advantages to using forms instead of directly entering into tables, controlling casing is one of them. Now; to alter the casing, you might try looking in the Access help file at the StrConv function...

How do I change the color scheme of the autoformat for table 2?
I am applying an autoformat to a pivot table and I want to know how to change the colors, fonts, and bold to the autoformat. How do I accomplish that? ...

windows live mail and owa
Can WLM be set up to access OWA mail? No... OWA is web based. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Livewire" <Livewire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E806EFE-64F6-45C4-8EF8-5F1466B641E2@microsoft.com... > Can WLM be set up to access OWA mail? ...

Updating a table from a form
Is it possible? I have been reading and trying different things, but no successs yet. I have a customer base table with name, address, etc a products table a facility table When a customer calls to make a reservation in a facility I would like to open the reservation form and when I enter the customer's ID, that customer table info appear to be verified or corrected. I do not need anything other than the customer's ID on the reservation form. Ideas? Advice? On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:16:02 -0700, Melissa Brown <Melissa Brown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

POP Table Help
Hello, Great Plains 8.0 on SQL2000 with POP module. I'm trying to run a report to show what purchase orders were issued last month and how much they were for at the line item detail. I can find POP10100 and POP10110. However, it seems the 'QTYORDER' field is really the quantity remaining, not the quantity originally ordered. Also, the unit cost values drop to 0 once the item is received. How can I find a list of the purchase orders issued without regard to whether or not they've been received? -Trevor So, from the silence can I assume this is not possible? Or, ...

Label template for ZEBRA LP 2824 RMS windows driver
does anyone have a label template for the ZEBRA LP 2824 with 2.25X1.25 labels/ tags ? I would preffer to use it with the label designer Thanks Robert Hi Robert - what we've done in the past is open one of the avery tags with label designer and start tweaking it to your liking - then save it as "Robert Tag" or some unique name; this will retain the ability view your design; you'll need to play though with the sizing of the different objects until they print well with your zebra; once you set the paper size in the printer properties (in both the general and advanced ta...

netstat -p UDP -o -> PID and the process name in Windows
Hi, I am trying to identify the active connections that are being used by certain unknown processes. The below command displays active connections based on UDP and includes the process ID (PID) for each connection - netstat -p UDP -o But, how to identify the process name in for each PID that is displayed via the above netstat command in Windows XP ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru On Dec 10, 4:12=A0pm, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to identify the active connections > that are being used by certain unknown processes...

Inherit from window form, text box is protected ?
Hi, I have a base form, it has 2 textboxs (textbox1, textbox2). When I inherit a new form from the base form, all of the textbox controls appear correctly, however, when I try to add below code on the new form in order to assign a value to textbox1, e.g. textbox1.Text = "123"; the compiler said the "textbox1.Text is inaccessible due to its protection level" how can I fix it ? Thanks, Marcus marcusy3k wrote: > Hi, > > I have a base form, it has 2 textboxs (textbox1, textbox2). > > When I inherit a new form from the base ...

file deletion in money 2003, windows xp home
Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted or are they securely deleted by wiping? -- mel They're just deleted. -- "mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84BCCE6A-643D-4742-97ED-2D7B29F0636F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted > or > are they securely deleted by wiping? > > -- > mel ...

Reference function from an out of sort table
I'm looking for a reference function to pull the result from an out of sort table (see table example below). The result should always come from the reference value LT A14. The table is always a whole number 0,1000,2000,3000, etc. I've tried the following functions, but they all require data in ascending order and/or exact match of the value in A14. =VLOOKUP($A$14,A$2:B$10,TRUE) =INDEX(A$2:B$10,MATCH($A$14,A$2:A$10,1),2) =LOOKUP($A$14,A$2:A$10,B$2:B$10) Table example: A B 2 1000 0.525 3 6000 0.946 4 3000 0.675 5 0 0.457 6 4000 0.746 7 2000 0.606 8 8000 1.29 9...

Show Pivot Table Dates in a Month/Year Linear Fashion
Hello, Is there a way to show dates in an Excel 2007 Pivot table in a Month/Year Linear fashion? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. EXCEL 2007 Please refer to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 94. Any good for you? If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Marilyn" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to show dates in an Excel 2007 Pivot table in a Month/Year > Linear fashion? > > Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Hi Drag Year to the Row area followed by Month to th...

Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point
I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of my other monthly totals from the data table? Hi: One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the same colours for the data as for the background. HTH, Henk "pepper76" wrote: > I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data > table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or...

Can Word 2000 run under Windows 7?
More in hope than expectation, I just tried installing Word 2000 (from the complete Works Suite 2000) on a brand-new PC running Windows 7 Home Premium. The installation appeared to go perfectly, but when I first tried to launch the program I got this message: "Required registry information is missing and this application cannot run. Please run setup again to correct this problem." A bit of Googling turned up the information that this message can turn up in Windows XP and Vista too, so it doesn't seem to be particular to 7. But none of the information I've f...

Tables not staying put
In Word 2008, I have a few tables that I am trying to set on top of each other. In a couple of cases, if I try to move the table down by putting returns between the tables, the bottom table moves down then jumps back up again. If you show special characters you can see the returns on the left of the table in the margin instead of between the tables. In Draft mode, it shows the separation correctly, but not in Print mode. As I add more returns, sometimes the tables rows seem to disappear - other times the table might jump into/over the other table. What is causing this? ...

switch from PS V2 CTP3 to PS V2 RTM on Windows XP
I'm still running PS V2.0 CTP3 on my Windows XP PC. Before I install PC V2.0 RTM, should I uninstall PS V2.0 CTP3? Are there any tricks or gotchas to uninstalling PS V2.0 CTP3 ? - Larry Yes you will have to uninstall CTP3 - don't gorget to uninstall WinRM as well. then install V2 RTM. There shouldn't be any problem - worked OK when I did it -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog and PowerShell User Group: http://msmvps.com/blogs/RichardSiddaway/Default.aspx "Larry__Weiss" wrote:...

Windows 2008 - SQL Server 2005 - Service Pack 3
Failed update Code 7358 Windows encountered an unknown error Error Log: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\HotFix File: RS9_Hotfix_KB970892_sqlrun__rs.msp Property(s): RS200564Hotfix4035 = C:\Windows\Installaer\3ea10.msp MSI (s) (70:C0) [timestamp]: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (64 bit) - Update GDR 4053 for SQL Server Reeporting Servide 2005 (64 bit) ENU (KB970892) could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in .... MSI (S) (70:C0) [timestamp]: Windows Installer installed an update. Product name: M...

Control if a form updates table
I would like to know how best to accomplish this data entry form requirement. I have a form with a number of fields which is linked to a table. When the operator opens the form i would like all the fields to be blank and the user can tab through the fields as necessary. I have two command buttons. One allows to exit the form (all set with that one) with no saving of the form data, while the second button opens a message box which asks the operator if they wish to submit the information on the form (within the fields) Y/N and the message box has all the data from the fields li...

BSTR to CString Conversion in Windows XP
(this is a re-post from the vstudio.development newsgroup) I am using Visual C++ Version 6.0 SP 5 to convert a BSTR (returned from an XML transform) to a CString for further manipulation/return. This is done in a base class which several classes inherit from, which then call this Transform function to get the XML transform results back. The entire class works fine in Windows 2000 and it works fine in Windows XP under most circumstances. I have found, however, that the conversion fails in Windows XP when the length of the string represented in the BSTR is somewhat large (it is faili...

Pivot table column duplicates
I have a simple pivot table referencing three columns of data: store name, item number, quantity sold. When I convert this to a pivot table, showing store name and item number as X and Y axis, and quantity sold as the data, I get duplications for the item numbers. The caveat is that it doesn't duplicate exactly, it looks like this: Item #1 Item #1 Item #2 Item #2 Item #3 Item #3 Store A 55 66 77 Store B 44 88 99 Store C ...

Copy user data from old Windows user profile to new profile ?
Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 8 Hello: Cookies generated by Internet Explorer include my family name in the username section of the cookie filename before the "@", e.g. Smith@microsoft.txt. I assume that is because my family name was used as the Windows user profile username. I want to remove that family name from future cookies. What do I have to do? Changing the Windows user profile username is not the solution, as new cookies are still created using the old username in the filoename, in the usual format of <username...

Reuse windows for launching shortcuts
I've checked this option in Internet Explorer's "Advanced" menu, yet every link in Outlook 2003 opens a new window. I assume if it's checked, it should work. It doesn't. What am I doing wrong? ...

Design Question. It works now...but how to redesign it?
Yet again, I'm in way over my head! I'm going to simplify the current situation to make it easy to understand (and communicate), and hopefully I will be able to do what I intend to do without crashing everything that I currently have! I have a training management database. It pretty much automates my position for the guy taking my place. I have it set up to tie various training requirements to the positions in the unit. The problem: Lets say someone gets promoted. They move positions. As a result, all of the completed training (tied to the position itself) must ...

Extract data from a record to input into another record from same table
I'm the registrar for a Little League and I track all of the information about players, coaches, sponsors, etc. When I come across an instance where siblings are playing, I would like to create a new record and "autofill" the input form with some of information (address, phone email, etc.) from a sibling's record by using a single "Add Sibling" button. Thanks for any help - John -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 Sounds like you may want to update your table structures to be better normalize...

Single table query not populating info
I have CustomerName query that retrieves the CustomerName, Address, City, State, and Zip Code from the CustomerName table. CustomerName is a combo box. How do I get this query to put all the corresponding fields into a form automatically after selecting a CustomerName from the combo box? Obviously, I am missing something, because I can't figure it out. Thanks for any suggestions!!! dboollu wrote: >I have CustomerName query that retrieves the CustomerName, Address, City, >State, and Zip Code from the CustomerName table. CustomerName is a combo >box. How do I get t...