Table of contents-like report

Hello all,

I have a nned to create a report that would be similar in style and
function to a Table of Contents. For example, I have 2 reports. One
containing a list of vendors with vendor number and vendor name. The
second containing all of the items for that vendor as well as other
details. I would like the first report to link to the page containing
the items for that vendor. So, something like this:

Vendor#         Vendor Name       Page#
    1                 Vendor 1                  1
    2                 Vendor 2                  2
    3                 Vendor 3                  2

Where clicking on the vendor name, number or page number will bring
you to the second report and the page containing that vendors items.

I hope this is clear. I was struggling on how best to describe it and
the TOC idea came to mind. Any advice on how best to solve this would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

rbr

0
rbr
7/27/2007 6:23:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Report runs slowly if other users are logged in
I am experiencing an intermittent problem of reports that run slowly (approx 20 x slower than normal) if a number of users are also logged into GP. Logging the other users right out of GP clears the problem. Does anyone else experience similar problems, or have any suggestions? GP ver 6.00g52 / SQL 2000 SP3 / Win 2000 SP4 TIA, Frank Stern, Fujitsu Services ...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Printing separate reports
Hi, I have a query where I have number of employees. Then I have a report with data for all of them with employeeID and month. I would like to print out separate reports for all customers with one click base on the month I selected from a combo box. Can this be done? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 hi, On 01.02.2010 15:14, turks67 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi, I have a query where I have number of employees. Then I have a report > with data for all of them with employeeID and month. I would li...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Modifying Z Report #2
How can I modify X & Z Report to show daily department sales? x & z reports already show dept sales. What are you missing in your z? -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. jerry@jrdata.us "JLY" wrote: > How can I modify X & Z Report to show daily department sales? My Z report does not show any department breakdowns. The XReport.xml file has sections for department totals and department grand totals. 'Receipt Format Properties' is set up for XReport.xml for Reports and 'Sales' is setup for Receipt. Maybe I have a setting wrong? Thanks, "JerryData&...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Using on-the-fly in a report?
Hi I have 2 txt boxes in my form that do calcualtions using the control source. For example the txt box margin has a control source of netcost-jobcost (which are also txt boxes). As the two txt boxes results are not stored in a table can someone please tell me how I can get the results to show in any report that has "margin" as a field. What control do I use for it to pick up the results from the calculation that was made in the form. Not every report has both netcost and jobcost in. Should I put them both in there and make them invisible and then do the calculation again in the con...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

unhide a report
I was entering descriptions into the properties of reports and I must have accidentally checked the "hidden" box in "attributes." The report is still in the database, it just does not show up on the list in the report objects. How can I unhide it? Thanks. Hi Debbie, You don't say which version of Access you are using, but for versions 97-2003 click on Tools | Options..., select the View tab, and place a check in the option that reads "Hidden objects". Click on OK to dismiss this dialog. You should then see your report in the database window, although ...

Sales Report #4
Hi All i have one report on old system and ineed modify one report on RMS like that report is there any one can give me that. Report Detiles: Shop Name | Net Sales | Cash | visa | Mastercard| customer | Change Item/Invoice | Discount. please help me i maket this report evry day menually for my manager and we have 43 Store. Please Help me And Thanks. M.Own Hello M.Own, I'm aware of a ready-made report like that , but we can develop one for you for a fee. If your interested send me an email to mario@dataflow.ca "M.Own" wrote: > Hi All > i have one report on old ...

Formular call to access report
I have 1 Cust table and 1 Cust Formular, and 1 Cust report. When I call a report from a formular, and a filter is used, then I want the report only to show records, shown in my formular, and not all the records in the table. How do I do that? Any good eksamples? I have used at buttom in my Cust formular, with a call to my Cust report. If I set nothing in the Where, I get the list of all records in the the Cust table. If I set this i the Where: [cust]![Id1]=[Formularer]![Cust]![Id1] Then I only get that 1 record/post, in focus in the formular. But what I realy whant,...

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...