Suggested reading

Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA?
I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for
Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this book. It's a winner:

Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig,
Graham Seach, and Armen Stein

http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"KISSnACDC" <KISSnACDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA?
> I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for
> Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful.

0
Arvin

Auto suggest
One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest / auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice accepted. Can Word do this too? It could through Word2003, and it's been reported that the feature was restored in Word2010. Although if you've already gotten as far as "accommo," that particular AutoCorrect doesn't do you much good, since in that word it's the number of c's and m's that's tricky, and how would it know wheth...

Outlook 2002 -- deleting read messages
My Outlook 2002 is deleting each email message that I open to view! As the window pops up to view an email message, the message listed in the inbox (and any other folder) is automatically deleted. The deleted message cannot be found in the Deleted message folder of Outlook 2002 nor in the Trash. Can anyone please advisse? Many thanks. Thanks! I'm not that familiar with 'Defining Views' ... tooks some tinkering around and it seems to have worked. >-----Original Message----- >It probably isn't being deleted - check your view settings. I'm betting it's...

Your suggestion?
I'm writing a small program on Win32 MFC where user can login to do something. Now I would like to implement the automatic logout when the user is logged in and there was no mouse nor keyboard activity for e.g. 10 seconds? Since there is a lot WM_x messages that mouse and keyboard produces I could listen to it's to much work and probably not so elegant. Must I use keyboard and mouse hook for this or you think there is a better solution? How to know if my app was in idle time when it comes to user input? Thanks for help! "blue" <blue@blue.blue> wrote in messa...

How do I make one.doc in a SP 2007 library read-only for everyone but me?
Where/how do I set specific permissions (read-only for everyone but me) on a particular .doc, within Sharepoint? Setting the file as read-only in Windows XP File Properties before uploading in to sharepoint, doesn't work. And, I don't want to have to keep it permanently checked out to me. ------=_NextPart_0001_6D850271 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Document in questions -> Drop down menu -> Manage permissions. By this way you can assign individual permissions to an item in a site. Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_6D850271 Conte...

how to tell excel to read numeric field as character fr a csv file
hi, i have a csv file with some fields, one of the field which i want it to be a character field, but the field contain only numeric, when excel open the file, it became numeric, this may cause problem, cause the field is a credit card number (e.g 1234567812345678 ), the excel will show 1.23457E+15, and the actual value became 1234567812345670, that is totally wrong. how can i do it without open the file, do some changes and save the file again ? rgds Huat Change the file extension to TXT and import as a text file. That will give you options per field -- Kind regards, Niek Otten ...

suggestions
how to sustain a corporate culture in home business Wear a tie with your pajamas. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ "tafesdelites" <ourshady2@yahoo.com(seriuos help only)> wrote in message news:E19404E5-DF52-4BE2-B535-63D48A5FBF1F@microsoft.com... > how to sustain a corporate culture in home business > > Totally laughing at t...

Clearing Automatic Name Checking/Suggestion
Does anyone know how to clear the memory setting for automatic name checking? When it suggests an email address, it gives me an old one or incorrect one from my outlook that is no longer in my Contacts and it's frustrating. Please advise, I've already tried turning the settings on and off with no luck. Thanks, KjL ...

read message
Hi to all How can I disable the option that reply automatic for read message ? thanx Tools->options->email options->tracking options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Essam asked: | Hi to all | | How can I disable the option that reply automatic for read message ? | | thanx ...

Suggestion for Searching
I enjoy using OneNote. But there is one thing it can't do that, to me, would seem fundamental. It's amazing what it CAN search: sound, images, text. That's good. But it would seem obvious that it should also be able to search the text within attached files if .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, etc. I would think that OneNote should at least be capable of highlighting an attached file to let you know that the search string is found within the attached, embedded document somewhere. If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post. But I haven't yet discovered ho...

"read only" statement incorrect
Here's an odd problem. If a user opens a spreadsheet then another tries to open the same spreadsheet , they get a message stating "finle is in use by "userX". the problem is, the user name refrenced in this message is not a user at all,nor is it the user to whom the office suite is registered to. this happens on multiple files and with multiple users. i always thought this message would reference the user's logon I.D.? Where is this incorrect user name coming from? Hi maybe this can help you: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Fran...

How do I make an Excel file read-only?
This should be so simple, I know. I'm sending a spreadsheet to several people and need restrict the file from being modified at all (read-only, I assume). I've selected the read-only option and entered a password to modify in Tools>Options>Security. This does work to disallow saving the file with any changes. I need to restrict the file so it cannot be edited at all (i.e. edited then printed without saving). Can this be done? Thanks in advance. Charles, Protect each sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect sheet). Enter a password. None of the cells should have been unlocked ...

Outlook 2003 reading pane updates very slowly
Sometimes in Outlook 2003, when I'm reading emails, clicking on a newly arrived email will not show the content in the reading window for at least 20 seconds. If I right click the email, the content appears in the reading window immediately. This seems to apply mainly to new messages but now and then it happens to old ones. Can anyone help, this is driving me crazy?! Ravi ravi <ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes in Outlook 2003, when I'm reading emails, clicking on a > newly arrived email will not show the content in the reading window > for at le...

Calculator
(For a WinXP machine in fact and yes i can search for one myself) But just in case one of you know a good one to suggest for a person with poor eye-sight. Needed; a simple Calculator program with large or adjustable display & keys. No need for it to include advanced science options. -- Nah-ah. I'm staying out of this. ... Now, here's my opinion. Please followup in the newsgroup. E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control. Try Moffsoft 'FreeCalc' at :- http://www.moffsoft.com/ Just stretch the window and the keys etc. expand with it. On...

Read META-tags from web browser control
Hi to all, Is there a web browser syntax like WB1.Document.body.innerHTML to read the meta tag of the page loaded in web browser control? or do i need to manually write the code for that? Thanks in Advanced, -- abhishek | | Is there a web browser syntax like WB1.Document.body.innerHTML to read the | meta tag of the page loaded in web browser control? | or do i need to manually write the code for that? | I don't think there's any way to get at it. It's not a property of HEAD. body.outerHTML only returns the BODY tags inclusive. And it's not a prope...

Payroll Product Suggestion
If anyone wants to improve GP's payroll reconcile function which doesn't work right, please vote for the product suggestion 369961. In particular the payroll summary (UPR30301) table not updating correctly without SQL queries. Last I heard Microsoft operates by the number of votes a product suggestion gets.....more than 10 and it will get looked more quickly and changed sooner. KB article 874131 says reconcile will update the UPR30301 table by simply running reconcile. It doesn't unless you delete records in the UPR30301 table. Only way to do that is throught SQL. ...

font size in Outlooks reading pane
it's difficut to read the small print that many emails come in - is there some way to have the reading pane automatically display messages in a larger font? Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Fonts shartrax wrote: > it's difficut to read the small print that many emails come in - is there > some way to have the reading pane automatically display messages in a larger > font? ...

virus
Got that virus which inserts a window into my browsers (Opera and Firefox), suggesting to send a SMS somewhere to get e removal code - how is this virus called and what are the remedies? uninstalled browsers, run Dr Web CureIt, installed browsers - did not help "aa" <aa@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uTqiPjftKHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Got that virus which inserts a window into my browsers (Opera and Firefox), > suggesting to send a SMS somewhere to get e removal code - how is this virus > called and what are the remedies? > > ...

XML reading issue

Drag a message from Outlook 2003, can't read it in Outlook 2000
My company is in the early stages of upgrading from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and we've run into one compatibility issue we can't resolve or find documented anywhere. If a message is dragged from Outlook 2003 to a file or into a document, Outlook 2000 is unable to read it. Does anyone know of a solution or official explanation? On 29 Jun 2004 05:56:39 -0700, kenfranklin@hotmail.com (Ken Franklin) wrote: >My company is in the early stages of upgrading from Outlook 2000 to >2003 and we've run into one compatibility issue we can't resolve or >find documented anywhere. If ...

Suggestions?
I have a DB app that graphically presents data in a few dialogs. What I'd like to do is have an option to gennerate reports. What would be the best way to implement this? Should I use an Edit or rrich edit control on a dialog? Will I be able to format properl;y for noth viewing and printing? Any help appreciated as always... TIA b These guys have a couple of report writing packages (ReportEase for example). You could also check out Crystal Reports. I guess it depends on how much you want to do in your reports. http://www.subsystems.com/ Tom "saywhat" <no@fu...

Read value in txt file
Hello to everybody I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get "fr" as value. language = fr country = france Thank you by advance and have a nice day. <bcastaing@gmail.com> said this in news item news:389dabc3-ca3b-440b-b55a-a93ca9221025@w16g2000yqw.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody > > I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value > will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get > "fr"...

Suggest name feature
The feature works while outlook is open, once i close outlook the cached names go away. Create a new profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "danny tew" <dannytew@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:61e701c3e0af$630c6080$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > The feature works while outlook is open, once i close > outlook the cached names go away. ...

Save as Read only
Hi, I need a piece of code that can save a file over a read only file and save as a read only, but not have a message that gives you a choice of opening as a read only or not (If that makes any sense) I have tried this, but doesn’t work: Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="E:\Desktop\Test.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlExcel8, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=True ActiveWindow.Close Help greatly appreciated Try: Activeworkbook.Saved = True Activeworkbook.ChangeFileAccess...

problems reading e-mail
I am no longer able to read e-mail on my OE, and here are the various error messages I receive when I try to open the program (right now, I cannot even open OE, let alone read e-mails). 1) "the identity login could not be started. some components are either missing or incorrectly configured." 2) Outlook express could not be started. Make sure your disk is not full or that you are not out of memory." Then I get an error code: (0x8007007E,6). And finally, 3) OE could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. OE may not be installed correctly." I would appre...

Access 2007 read-only when linked to pivot?
Hi, I have just migrated to access 2007 and i have a spreadsheet linked to a table in my db. When the pivot is open i find that if i open Access at the same time it is locked in read-only mode. I did not have this problem when i used office 2003. If the spreadsheet is closed, then i can open the access file without the read-only restriction. Is there a way i can remove the read-only restriction if the pivot is open? Also, when i run queries linked to another server it now takes 10 minutes to complete where as only 2 minutes under 2003... I rerun the same file on another machine (with office...