subform will not refresh

I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form it
requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform
with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery
unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command button
with the following code:
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at

I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to
press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press
refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load and on
open of all main and subforms.

what am i missing???
Barb
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this: In design view goto your last control on your subform, in the after
update event type in Me.requery

Private Sub YourControl_AfterUpdate()
Me.Requery
End Sub

Richard

"babs" wrote:

> I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form it
> requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform
> with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery
> unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command button
> with the following code:
>  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
> when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at
>
> I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to
> press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press
> refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load and on
> open of all main and subforms.
>
> what am i missing???
> Barb
Thanks for your help - but it didn't work
Any other thoughts??
Thanks,
Barb

"Richard" wrote:

> Try this: In design view goto your last control on your subform, in the after
> update event type in Me.requery
>

> Private Sub YourControl_AfterUpdate()
> Me.Requery
> End Sub
>
> Richard
>

> "babs" wrote:
>
> > I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form it
> > requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform
> > with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery
> > unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command button
> > with the following code:
> >  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
> > when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at
> >
> > I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to
> > press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press
> > refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load and on
> > open of all main and subforms.
> >
> > what am i missing???
> > Barb
Is this what you are trying to do?
The main form shows all jobs.
User chooses some jobs.
The main form should show only the chosen jobs?

"babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form it
> requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform
> with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery
> unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command
> button
> with the following code:
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
> when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at
>
> I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have
> press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless
> press
> refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load and
> on
> open of all main and subforms.
>
> what am i missing???
> Barb

0
Jeanette
4/11/2010 4:25:58 AM
I have a main form shows persons name one subform is their schedule for that
week is on subform - there is another subform(not linked(but is sitting on
this subform)- just a list to view) of jobs to be AT - there is a command
button that navigates to the main Jobs list form - they check off(check box)
jobs to be at - press command button to got to Form based on query of jobs to
be at where boxes checked- this one looks good -only see jobs to be at(this
is the form that is on the main schedule form just as a list to view)-
however when navigate with command button to back to Main schedule the Jobs
to be at list is not refreshed???

thanks,
barb

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Is this what you are trying to do?
> The main form shows all jobs.
> User chooses some jobs.
> The main form should show only the chosen jobs?
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form it
> > requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform
> > with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery
> > unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command
> > button
> > with the following code:
> > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
> > when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at
> >
> > I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have
> > press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless
> > press
> > refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load and
> > on
> > open of all main and subforms.
> >
> > what am i missing???
> > Barb
>

> .

Use code to requery the Main schedule the Jobs to be at list in the unload
event of the Form based on query of jobs to
 be at where boxes checked.

Here is a link to the correct syntax to refer to subforms:
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm

>I have a main form shows persons name one subform is their schedule for
>that
> week is on subform - there is another subform(not linked(but is sitting on
> this subform)- just a list to view) of jobs to be AT - there is a command
> button that navigates to the main Jobs list form - they check off(check
> box)
> jobs to be at - press command button to got to Form based on query of jobs
> be at where boxes checked- this one looks good -only see jobs to be
> at(this
> is the form that is on the main schedule form just as a list to view)-
> however when navigate with command button to back to Main schedule the
> Jobs
> to be at list is not refreshed???
>
> thanks,
> barb
>
> "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:
>
>> Is this what you are trying to do?
>> The main form shows all jobs.
>> User chooses some jobs.
>> The main form should show only the chosen jobs?
>>

>> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>

>> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a subform for jobs to be at list -  when I am int the actual form
>> >it
>> > requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the
>> > mainform
>> > with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or
>> > requery
>> > unless I close and open back up again.  I had added a refresh command
>> > button
>> > with the following code:
>> > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh
>> > when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at
>> >
>> > I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to
>> > have
>> > press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless
>> > press
>> > refresh or close and open - added requery all over the place on load
>> > and
>> > on
>> > open of all main and subforms.
>> >
>> > what am i missing???
>> > Barb
>>

>> .

0
Jeanette
4/11/2010 8:41:02 PM
this is not working - anyone have any other ideas - Please read first post
above for clarification.
Thanks,
Barb

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Use code to requery the Main schedule the Jobs to be at list in the unload
> event of the Form based on query of jobs to
>  be at where boxes checked.
>
> Here is a link to the correct syntax to refer to subforms:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a main form shows persons name one subform is their schedule for
> >that
> > week is on subform - there is another subform(not linked(but is sitting on
> > this subform)- just a list to view) of jobs to be AT - there is a command
> > button that navigates to the main Jobs list form - they check off(check
> > box)
> > jobs to be at - press command button to got to Form based on query of jobs
> > be at where boxes checked- this one looks good -only see jobs to be
> > at(this
> > is the form that is on the main schedule form just as a list to view)-
> > however when navigate with command button to back to Main schedule the
> > Jobs
> > to be at list is not refreshed???
> >
> > thanks,
> > barb
> >
> > "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:
> >
> >> Is this what you are trying to do?
> >> The main form shows all jobs.
> >> User chooses some jobs.
> >> The main form should show only the chosen jobs?
> >>

> >> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
> >>

> >> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Will it work ?
Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux Speculation: in a VM running Windows? There's always GnuCash. "desgnr" wrote: > Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux ...

XLS Files Will Not Open
We have a PC that will open Excel files, but only if you open Excel and then open the file from Excel. If I go straight to the file and try to open it, it gives an error saying "cannot find file...make sure the file and path are correct...". If I go into Excel and go to File>Open and open the file from there, the file opens fine. I've check the Excel assocations and such and everything looks fine. I've seen this once before and there was a registry setting that fixed it, but I don't remember what it was. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Phil Phil Fi...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Auto Update will not install
I am trying to install auto update and it keeps erroring out with: The installer could not find Microsoft AutoUpdate, or you have clicked "cancel." plus some other stuff... I didn't click cancel so what gives? Thanks In article <1108703706.152514.110080@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, mwradke@hotmail.com wrote: > I am trying to install auto update and it keeps erroring out with: > > The installer could not find Microsoft AutoUpdate, or you have clicked > "cancel." plus some other stuff... > > I didn't click cancel so what gives? You ...

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

how do you refresh a .xls file?
Usually excel will recalculate whenever new data is entered, if not then your calculation is probably set to "Manual", go to Tools/Option/Calculation and select "Automatic". You can also hit the F9 key to "refresh" your worksheet when calculation is set to Manual. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497600 ...

program will not close
When I close money, either using the X or file close, the program appears to close but gives an error 'unable to close, then appears to close.. However, if I try to open again, I get a message that Money is already running, though Task Manager shows it isn't. ??? In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I close money, either using the X or file close, the program appears to >close but gives an error 'unable to close, then appears to close.. However, >if I try to open again, I get a message that Money is already running, though >Task Manager shows it isn'...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Publisher 2002 will not boot up
Publisher failsto load A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Alf <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Publisher failsto load Could you be more specific? Error messages? Windows versions? Other symptoms? Questions? Whether MSPUB.EXE appears in Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del once) after you have clicked the icon? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi Alf (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you ...

picture will not print but can see it on screen
i can see a image on the screen but it will not print, but it will in microsoft word but not publisher ? What version Publisher? Click the Advanced Print settings button on the Print screen, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain Print full-resolution linked graphics is checked. Have you checked with the manufacturer's web site of your printer for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kym !" <Kym !@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F0EA608-8B5D-4F1B-B40B-C98DF577D157@m...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

Outlook 2007 will not open 01-09-10
When I try to open Outlook, I get an error that says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." It was working fine and now it will not open Try starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...

Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2?
Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2? I am trying to set up a single server install of Small Business Server 2003 Premium and CRM 1.2 using the directions in the CRM Implementation Guide. During the install I created a separate web site for CRM as per the guide. OWA was working fine before the install but afterwards I just get "page cannot be found" errors. Is OWA incompatible with CRM? Thanks, Steve OWA does not work with CRM. To my knowledge there is no component that we can install on the exchange server that would expose the CRM functionality to t...

Excel 2007 will not save Recent Documents
A newly installed version of Excel 2007 does not show any recent documents after restart even when I have used the pushpins. Any one have any ideas please? tia -- Gren Is the value correct here "show this number ........) Office Button>Excel options Advanced>Display -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076B5B42-A566-4022-8424-1C851560FA45@microsoft.com... >A newly installed version of Excel 2007 does not show any recent documents > after restart even when I have used ...

Mail will not send
Stuck in outbox. Using Yahoo. -- Brandon Vanderslice Your post in the Windows Mail newsgroup was answered. This group is for Windows Live Mail. Do you know which program you are using? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Brandon" <brandon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3E81F2BF-F3F4-4A48-A80F-17F00EEFF840@microsoft.com... > Stuck in outbox. Using Yahoo. > -- > Brandon Vanderslice Windows 7 64 bit -- Brandon Vanderslice "Bruce Hagen" wrote: > Your post in the Windows Mail ne...

opening a subform to a specific record?
Hey y'all, I've got a form that lists all the Students in a class and a link to "Edit Student Information" which opens a form to edit individual records. The link uses the same type of code generated by the form wizard and it automatically filters the records to the class. The next thing I want to do is to open the new form to exactly the record that was highlighted in the list. I can capture the list position from the subform (SelTop) and I found a method called "GoToRecord" that works like this to go to the 8th record: DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Studen...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Outlook 2002 will not send and recieve on created account
Outlook 2002 began acting up and it lost one of my e-mail accounts. I noticed that I was not getting any e-mail that I would usually get with the account. I checked and the account is not there. The other thing that I have noticed is that my address book and archives are listed where my other accounts are listed in the area where you would edit or add e-mail accounts. I went in and recreated the missing account and went to send and recieve and it would not bring up the account in the send and recieve box (it brought up all my other accounts). I went back and the account is still...

Printing a single record from a tab control subform
Hi I have created a Case Management Database of students. It consists of a main form and a subform. The main form consists of information that must be seen at all times. since it consists of information about each student. The subform consists of a tab control. There is a different subject on each page of the tab contol, e.g. General Information, Current Student Information, etc. I need to print out the mainform and subforms so I created reports for each subform in my tab control. I want to put a "Print" button on each page of my tabcontrol so that when cl...

Code to duplicate data from one subform to two other subforms
This is my first database so I hope I am able to talk the language well enough to get help. I have a form with three subforms. The 1st subform is titled Service Record subform and has fields for Department, Job Title, Date In, Date Out, and Time Served. The 2nd and 3rd subforms are Department Service and Job Title Service. I would like to be able to enter an employee's information in the 1st subform and have it populate the 2nd and 3rd subforms. I am wanting the Department Name along with time served to populate the 2nd subform and the Job Title Name and time served populate th...

Outlook will not hook up with Frontiernet.net for e-mail
I'm a new subscriber to Outlook. Having trouble with sending or receiving e-mail even though my account with local provider Frontiernet.net is current. Hi Doogie Have you set up your profile in Outlook (you can do this through the Control Panel using the mail icon) including setting up your account information from your provider? If you don't have the information, either call your ISP (Frontiernet) or check their website. If that's not the issue, please describe the following: 1) version of Outlook 2) any errors, error numbers, etc. 3) any troubleshooting steps you have al...

Groove will not uninstall
Laptop with Vista x32 enterprize edition. Reason for wanting to uninstall: Every time windows shuts down it gives a a Groove error saying something to the effect that a file is open - even when no file was ever open in that session. It gives the error every time. It gave the error even after an uninstall and reinstall. Now (after making a new account on other machines I want to try it again. The attempt to uninstall: Exited Groove. There is no icon in the tray. Two obvious groove process in Task Manger were manually closed. An attempt in "Uninstall or change program&q...

Subform within a subform
I have a subform (Person) which is nested within another subform (PersonalAssistant). Everything works fine except the foreign key in the PersonalAssistant subform. I have used the Link Child and Master Fields property to establish this link. In this case the primary key for the Person table is PersonID. Its an autonumber field which begins from 4000. When the foreign key is added by access, it takes the last digit or last two digits. So say the PersonID is 4001. What I see in the PersonalAssistant subform and table on the PersonID foreign key field is 1. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:39:00 ...