Store the full path and document name in a hyperlink

Hi
I need to create an Access database to track a number of documents
that are created and stored during the tendering process.  I have
created a number of tables with hyperlink fields that will store the
information eg Tender proposal document (a Word doc); Tender budget
document (an Excel book) and company profiles (pdf) from companies
submitting tenders.  To create the hyperlink to each of these
documents in the form, at the moment I right click, choose Hyperlink,
Edit Hyperlink and navigate to the required document and select it.
The path and filename is then stored in the field, which is just what
I need.  However, is there a more elegant way to browse and navigate
to a specific file and store this as a hyperlink?  I have read the
information at: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm and get the
browse dialog box to disiplay, but how do I store the path and file
name in a hyperlink field?
Thanks
Heather

0
hgoslin
8/31/2007 12:43:51 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Heather, you could put a command button beside the field, and add this code
to its Click event procedure:

    Me.[MyHyperlinkField].SetFocus
    RunCommand acCmdInsertHyperlink

<hgoslin@worldonline.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi
> I need to create an Access database to track a number of documents
> that are created and stored during the tendering process.  I have
> created a number of tables with hyperlink fields that will store the
> information eg Tender proposal document (a Word doc); Tender budget
> document (an Excel book) and company profiles (pdf) from companies
> submitting tenders.  To create the hyperlink to each of these
> documents in the form, at the moment I right click, choose Hyperlink,
> Edit Hyperlink and navigate to the required document and select it.
> The path and filename is then stored in the field, which is just what
> I need.  However, is there a more elegant way to browse and navigate
> to a specific file and store this as a hyperlink?  I have read the
> information at: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm and get the
> browse dialog box to disiplay, but how do I store the path and file
> name in a hyperlink field?
> Thanks
> Heather

0
Allen

Undeliverable
I've been using outlook 2000 for 8 years. I just installed outlook 2003 on a new thinkpad, got everything going on it. My email is on an exchange server. I can get new emails all day, but if I try to send one, it says "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again." I know for a fact nobody's email inboxes are full, I can send/receive with my other thinkpad with no problems to the same people and myself. What other reason could there be that emails OU...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Series Named Range Problem
I have a chart built correctly and have set all the components to named ranges I intend to adjust via code based on differing record counts filling the sheet. The code will adjust the size of these named ranges based on the number of those records. Here’s Series1 cell references; =SERIES(Sheet5!$C$5,Sheet5!$B$6:$B$20,Sheet5!$C$6:$C$20,1) When I select this first series and alter it as follows, I get a warning: “A formula in this workbook contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formal contains a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference. =SERIES(Field_StartD...

BROWSEINFO: set (pre)selected path
Hi together, in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user to change f.e. the workPath for an application: FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog(); di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop; di->SelectedPath=workPath; In an MFC project I can do the following: BROWSEINFO bi; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then structure: typedef struct _browseinfo { HWND hwndOwner; LPCITEMIDLIST pidlRoot; LPTSTR pszDisplayName; LPCTSTR lpszTi...

OLE notes
Is there somewhere where I can set a preference on where OLE notes are stored for a company using GP 9. Right now, by default, the notes are stored in a folder on the desktop of Windows Servers 2003. Since I have multiple companies running, this is rather untidy. :-) More importantly, because of backup considerations, I want to set the default path to a location in the programs directory. To determine where OLE Notes are stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps: 1. Locate the dex.ini file in the folder where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed. 2. Double-click the dex.ini f...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Arrays and names
Hi all. Using XL2002 but needs to be XL97 compatible. With ActiveCell Transactions!F6 I have defined a local named range Transactions!Test refers to =(Assets!Category_Range=Transactions!$E6) Assets!Category_Range is a name that refers to an absolutely defined single column of data The relative reference to row 6 in the above is intentional but probably not relevant for what follows. Evaluating the array Transactions!Test produces something like this: False; False; True; False; True; True; False; <etc> This is correct and predicted behaviour. I want to create another local named range...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

hyperlinks #15
I want to insert and modify email addresses in an Excel spreadsheet without the addresss turning into a hyperlink. Is this possible? I'd let them get made and then clean them up with either a macro or something like this: Select your range to clean up (ctrl-A will get the whole sheet). Hit alt-F11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type in selection.hyperlinks.delete and hit enter. a macro would look something like: sub test() selection.hyperlinks.delete end sub Steve wrote: > > I want to insert and modify email addresses in an Excel > spreadshee...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

mercedes das xentry full verison rapidshare wPIdOuAUKd
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

See Full Email Headers in WLM?
Is there any way to retrieve full email headers in WLM? I'm trying to provide my ISP with information to help run down phishing emails. "PvdG42" <pvdg@toadstool.u> wrote in message news:5E210BEC-6984-45B9-BE06-E94AA93C0E85@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to retrieve full email headers in WLM? I'm trying to provide > my ISP with information to help run down phishing emails. From the email itself you can right click, choose properties, then message source and you should see the header. If they want to see the full e-mail with headers, the easies...

How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.
We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets Not being funny here, but have you contacted the ex-employee and asked them? I'm not aware of any way around the password sadly. "Trish35" wrote: > We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which > this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we > can not get in we will have to re-do all the spread...

New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....
In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is created from HQ? In other words, do the new stores get the configuration settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file - configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....? Thanks for any insights. the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go). Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send that down, options no. "convoluted" w...

Need TEMPLATE for Document Management
I am searching for a free Excel template or Access (2000) template for setting up and managing a corporate library. I looked on Microsoft Online but could not find anything that fit this particular need. I'm about to be bombarded with project documents/contracts/proposals/etc for Federal projects and need a way to inventory and find them if needed in the future. Any info would be appreciated. I scan old newsgroup postings for those that have only their initial inquiry, to determine why no one bothered to react to your question, issue, or concern. If you have not already...

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

writing text to a document line after line
I'm writing my first application with Document View architecture. How do I write a list of strings to the document? I need to print strings line after line. Thanks, Costi You can use a CListView. This encapsulates a list control in the view. Another option would be to use a ListBox in your view. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Costi Stan" <stancosti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e$Svao80EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm writing my first application with Document View architecture. > > How do I write a list of strings to the do...