Store pdf file to SQL server throu ODBC

Hi,

I want to store PDF file to SQL table having varbinary(MAX) field type from
access. I have create an ODBC link to the server but don't know how to add
the file.

Could someone advice?

SF

0
SF
1/12/2010 9:01:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server #2
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

Single Click Files
Realized that I can no longer single click to open files. Found at Folder Options the single click radio button is grayed-out now. Can this be changed? ...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

How to remove read only protection from a file?
Everytime I save text or photos to a cd rom (rw), it saves it as a read only file which I can't manipulate. Why is this and how do I remove the read only protection from the file? Please help. Thanks I'm assuming you are trying to open and modify the file while it is still on the CD. Which you can't do, how could you, it's not a hard-drive. Copy the file off the CD onto your hard drive to modify the file. As for removing file protection, right click file and select properties to locate the file attributes. oh btw this forum is for questions concerning the use of Micros...

Image in Excel File is not getting copied
In a Excel File I have inserted one Image from Insert --> Picture --> Form File ... Now when programatically I use System.IO.File.Copy(srcFile, destFile) and make a copy of this excel file, then all the data in Excel File is copied but that image which I inserted is not shown in the destination file. What is the problem here? Thanks, Ashish ...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

How to insert PDF letterhead as a background in Excel
Hi I am trying to insert a PDF letter head onto a Excel worksheet, without success. If you have any ideas please let me know. ...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Exchange 2003 Running on SBS2003, Mail for a different domain than the server is on?
Cross posted from exchange2003 group because I just realized that nobody ever posts there. I'm trying to set up exchange on a server that is the DC for a domain that is totally independent of their web presence. For example the office domain is businessname-server.local. All computers can join this domain fine, no problems everything works good, so I don't want to change anything that I don't need to change. Now, I've never set up exchange, so I might be asking a dumb question, but I can't find an answer on this. What I'm wondering is if I can set up exchange to ser...

pst file #15
I installed the new outlook on my computer. It worked fine for several days. Now it won't open and I get this message: file:c:\users\Lelani\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Quit outlook and all mail enabled applications -- use inbox repair toolkit to diagnose and repair errors... how do I get to the Inbox Repair Toolkit? Thanks for any help Look for scanpst.exe (in the same folder) and run it against your .pst = file until there are no more errors. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail s...

Opening a file in a macro (network)
I have a macro that requires opening a file in My Documents. This may be a networking question that may require onsite help but what I was wondering is if there is a way in the code to specify to open a file in My Documents from "the computer you're on" for example (not sure how to word that). I'm trying to avoid having to create a macro for each computer because I will have the same file stored in My Documents on each computer. Does that make sense? For example, the code right now reads (for the computer I am currently on - "Blinds etc" is how the computer i...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Upgrading Great Plains 6.00 database from SQL Server 2000 to 2008
Hello, I have a client that uses GP 6.00g45 with SQL Server 2000 for the database. Does anyone know of any reason why that installation could not be upgraded to use SQL Server 2008? The only thing that comes to mind is different connection protocols. TIA, -- Greg Wilkerson Greg, You mean you want to run GP 6.0 on SQL 2008? Since GP 6.0 is not supported anymore, I suppose it really doesn't matter that's it's also not supported on SQL 2008? You would have to try it and see if it works. I would be curious to see if anyone has tried this, my guess would be that you...

Exchange Server Courses
I located the following titles and dates of courses scheduled to be held in Chicago: 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 03-26-07 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 05-14-07 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 07-16-07 Send me a reply for more details. -- VCM Network ...

Money file encrypted

opening dbf file in Excel: "cannot open protected file"
Office 2007 seems unwilling to open any of the dbf's that I'm attempring to move over from an old db program. None appear to have any special security limitations. I've googled the problem and all I get are statements about Excel 2002 and dbf files that begin with the letter "c". Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks. ...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Copying Between Databases Without Linked Servers?
I have a SQL Server 2005 machine called "Dest" and a 2008 machine called "Source" and a 2008 machine called "Console". Each has the same SQL account with appropriate permissions and rights on all 3 to do anything. Without using a linked server, how can I sit at "Console" and execute a "select into" fromthe "Source" database to the "Dest" database? Thanks. "SnapDive" <SnapDive@community.nospam> wrote in message news:qcurk5dp3cem0l63d19io59nemtjv88534@4ax.com... >I have a SQL Server 200...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Creating pdf object in Access
We are trying to open pdf files from inside Access and we can the create object to work. Any ideas? Thanks. If you are trying to open the file for viewing then you can simply use the FollowHyperlink method Application.FollowHyperlink "PathToFile" -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Ayo" wrote: > We are trying to open pdf files from inside Access and we can the create > object to work. Any ideas? Thanks. Thanks so much. That worked great. "Daniel Pineault" wrote: > If you are trying to open the file for viewing then you can simply use the...

outlook 200 data file
what is the file type extension of the active outlook 2000 data file? If internet mode, mail etc stored in a *.pst file. This may be a hidden file David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d5901c3bf34$e26c0340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > what is the file type extension of the active outlook 2000 > data file? ...

Getting 2nd page of a .PDF file
I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page using the Insert Object and selecting the Adobe file....It always gives me only the first page... thanks dave Delete the first page of the PDF after you insert it. You cannot reverse this action in Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dave schurr" <daveschurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B75E6C-913B-417D-99E8-28CE823EDA42@microsoft.com... >I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page u...