ss

ssss

0
jome_candy
4/20/2010 2:12:30 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"�����" <jome_candy@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
> ssss

0
Matthew1950
4/20/2010 4:03:09 AM

"$B%f�9!V%h%_(B" <jome_candy@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
> ssss

can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.
hi - I've got lots of numbers to input - all of them are times. Does anyone know hoe I can input the times as hh:mm:ss without having to input the colon (:) inbetween the numbers everytime. Thanks! See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Lexicon" <Lexicon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB3C126B-4F73-44B2-BB26-FCE29024BD27@microsoft.com... > hi - I've got lots of numbers to input - all of them are times. Does anyone > know hoe I can input the times as hh:mm:s...

ss
ssss "�����" <jome_candy@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:eyccI6C4KHA.1716@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ssss > "$B%f�9!V%h%_(B" <jome_candy@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:eyccI6C4KHA.1716@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ssss > ...

Charting Items in H:MM:SS format and/or converting H:MM:SS to all
I want to create a chart using a time format. (it was to do with how long it takes different people to do the same function). I can't find a way to do that. So I thought I'd beat the system and just convert it all to all seconds. I can't find a way to do that either. Ideas? 1. To keep it in time format, make sure you enter the times into the cells in H:MM:SS format (or H:MM). If you enter M:SS, Excel's going to interpret it as H:MM. You'll have a column with names and the next column with times. Put a label above the Time column ("Time"), but leave th...

SS#
I have an excel worksheet that contains SS# numbers in it. I have recently found that others entering in the sheet don't use the auto foramt they maually type in the hyphen. Is there a quick way to changes these manual cells with out goining though each one? =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")in an adjacent cell and copied down will do it. Then just copy and paste special as values. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ----------------------------------------------------------...

Convert hh:mm:ss to seconds?
I am inputting two times as h:mm:ss and subtracting them. I am trying to get the final answer as seconds. The only thing I can think of is trying to use LEFT and RIGHT to separate hh, mm and ss, multiply to convert the hh and mm to seconds, and then add to get total seconds. One - the LEFT and RIGHT don't seem to want to work for me - I keep getting decimal answers, even with a hh:mm:ss format. Two - is there an easier way? Ed Hi Ed Multiply by 86400 and format as decimal. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:uxdZXHozFHA...

Average HH:MM:SS
When I try to average the following times I get a div/0 error. HH:MM:SS 00:02:44 00:01:11 00:18:57 00:21:19 00:00:49 00:07:42 00:01:35 00:11:44 00:03:19 00:37:06 00:01:27 00:32:58 I have formatted the cells with most every possible format type. An idea's on how to get an average of times? FYI, I did it by hand an the answer is 00:17:31 Cheers! Stephe -- steve9 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- steve99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

How do I average time (hh:mm:ss) excluding zeros?
I have an array of times all in the same column. I would like to average this array without having to sort to exclude zero time fields. I've tried =Average(A1:A50,<>0), but it doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks. =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A50=0,"",A1:A50)) This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just the ENTER key. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "TRLambert" wrote: > I have an array of times all in the same column. I would like to average > this array without having to sort to exclude zero tim...

DB2 on SS
I have a large collection of DB2 scripts. Do we have available some SSMS trickery to import these into a SQL Server database that will represent the DB2 schema ? Or will I have to resort to installing DB2 ? ...

h:mm:ss AM + h:mm:ss AM converted to minutes?
Hi, I have a column of data in Excel in the worksheet that is displayed as "0:00:00" and greater time values beyond 0:00:00 AM up to 2:00:00 AM. In the "contents bar" it is represented as 12:00:00 AM if in the cell it is 0:00:00. How can I add the minutes and seconds that have elapsed since 12:00:00 AM for the whole column and display that as an floating point number representing the total minutes and seconds that have elapsed past 12 am? I am not very good with functions. So if you can help me with a VBA answer, that would be great. Thanks. Ryan, I think you j...

Partial SS#
Can anyone explain in relatively simple terms how to make only the last 4 digits of Employee SS#s (and bank #s if possible) appear on checks and DD statements? You can use Report Writer in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 to create a calculated field to mask the social security number on the Employee Checks report and on the "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" report; see below link for instructions: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYPNNRQOZQQXLZOYYVTOMRXYSQTTXPMWKM Hope this helps, rc. "kcd" wrote: > Can anyone...

Text box to enter time duration h:nn:ss
Greetings, I have read several entries regarding the problem of working with elapsed time in access but have not found a solution that I understand how to implement. In brief, my situation is something like this: Tbl_Racetime Field1 ID (autonumber) Swimtime (integer stored as seconds) Runtime (integer stored as seconds) Biketime (integer stored as seconds) I need to create a form in which the user would enter the times in h:nn:ss format but the data would be converted and stored as number of seconds. This is so the data can be used in calculations. Conversely,...

unintentionally changing SS
Hello forum. I have a problem. Sometimes when looking at an older SS o the computer, I find the totals changed from when I originally printe them. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the headings/pag break numbers that I add to the second/ third page after totaling al columns and rows. Or maybe the notations I write up at bottom of SS. Is there a way to lock ( and Unlock for adding an add't row of data ) SS so it cannot be changed? Or, preferably, is there a way to -print the page that will automatically add headings and titles to second an third pages without me actually en...

Help: copy old ss data to new ss, with row mis-alignment
Help, Daily I create a spreadsheet from a database, In column "A" are "Item Numbers" in random order. I insert a 'new' column in front of column 'A', where I type text comments as I receive verbal updates during the day. The next day, I generate a new spreadsheet from the database whose "Item Numbers" may OR, may not have been on yesterdays spreadsheet. Currently, my routine is to copy-n-paste yesterdays comments into this new version which is a pain and time consuming. QUESTION; Can someone provide the formula, that if there is a match ...

Time in format hh:mm:ss.milliseconds
Hello I have a csv file with a time field in the format: hh:mm:ss.milliseconds - eg 10:38:27.686 In Excel it does not display correctly. I tried to setup a custom time format hh:mm:ss.ms - and I think it sees ms as a combination of minutes and seconds - so that didn't work. I need to see the milliseconds. Also I will be charting this field and applying formulae to it so presumably I need to get Excel to recognise it properly. How can I set the correct format for this time field? Angus On 6 Mar, 11:04, Angus <anguscom...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello > > I have a csv fil...

ss:styleID
can someone point me to the list of values for ss:styleID, i'm programatticaly creating an Excel file in XML and want to set the formatting for a cell/column. I see lots of values like ss:StyleId="s21", but have not idea what s21 means. Thanks. -- Richard ...

FICA SS
I have one employee who has wages over the FICA SS limit of $90,000. When I ran his last check, which is the check that put him over the limit, GP withheld too much. It is withholding FICA SS on total gross wages instead of the limit. Is there a bug I'm not aware of? Are you sure you're not confusing the SS and Medicare taxes? SS is subject to the $90k wage base limit. The Medicare portion (1.45%) of the FICA taxes are not subject to any wage limits "Penny Nichols" wrote: > I have one employee who has wages over the FICA SS limit of $90,000. When I > ...

Time format as hh:mm:ss
When inputing time as above, Excel is thinking it is a Time as AM or PM, but actually it is a lapsed time. How do I get it to do just hh:mm:ss? Without placing in the : each time would be a timesaver as well. Regards, -- Dennis Hi Dennis, Choose another date format from the Format>Cells>Number tab>Time list. If there isn't any without AM/PM, use a Custom format and format as hh:mm:ss (or choose other time settings in Windows International) Actually Excel doesn't know the difference between elapsed time and a point in time. Technically there is no difference; a point...

SS Tax Table
What table stores the Social Security maximum earnings? It's $106,800 for 2009 but darned if I can find the table where that is stored. Thanks in advance, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Found it - UPR41302 in the DYNAMICS db. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Sir, When I am posting a Payroll manual check entry in GP I am getting an error message that FICA/Social Security tax table cannot be found. I then tried to create the re...

saving a SS as a .txt
When I save my SS as a text file, and then open it in Notepad. Any cell that had a comma �,� in it will have a text qualifier of a double quote ( � ) example: in excel the cell has Smith, John and it become �Smith, John� in the text file. How can I save as a test file without it adding these unwanted characters? I�m on excel 2000 sr-1 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvnoquotes In article <tstickley.10sug8@excelforum-nospam.com>, tstickley <<tstickley.10sug8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrot...

Reporting Total Time in dd:hh:nn:ss
I have four fields in my table. TotalSessionTime TotalProcessTime TotalPrepTime TotalWrapTime These fields get populated with an afterupdate command on a form that calculates the time between different fields. However, it my report I would like to have a total rum of these times. It appears that if it is over 24 hours, I get some wierd looking number that I don't understand. Is thier any way to report our the totals in Time by dd:hh:nn or even just hh:nn? Thanks - All the fields are Date/Time The main part of the problem is that you are storing durations of time 8 hours and 10 minut...

how to format data with an input mask like ss# (***-**-****)
I am trying to format text with an input mask like the one used for a SS#. But what iI need would look like this (***-***-***-**-***). Is there a way to add this to the "canned" format selection? Thanks in advance for your help Try Format Cells -> NUmber -> Custom ###-###-###-##-## -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Dennis" wrote: > I am trying to format text with an input mask like the one used for a SS#. > But what iI need would look like this (***-***-***-**-***). Is there a way to > add this to the "canned" format selection? > Thanks in adva...

don't allow negative gross, fed or ss wages or w/h's on a paychec
Don't allow negative gross, fed, social security or medicare wages or withholdings on a paycheck. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b905c78e-944e-43f3-9...

dd:hh:mm:ss
Hello, I have a list of durations of time in days, hours, minutes and seconds. I want to type these into a column and then calculate the total at the end. The problem I find is that it doesn't seem to recognise the format dd:hh:mm:ss when I type it in as 01:21:14:23 it thinks it's text even though I have changed the cell format to custom dd:hh:mm:ss The sum at the bottom works out the amount of days etc fine in that format but only if I enter the durations in the rest of the column as hh:mm:ss Could someone please help, it's driving me crazy! Example of what...

Formating seconds into mm:ss
How do you format a cell to convert a "seconds" input into minutes and seconds? Whenever I try to select the format mm:ss, it converts into a date with the month and year etc. Thanks! If you have seconds as an integer in cell A1, put this in B1: =3DA1/60/60/24 and apply a custom format to cell B1 of: [mm]:ss Times are stored internally in Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, hence the need for those divisions. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Nelson B. <Nels...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you format a cell to conver...

SS printing woes
Hi, Is there a specific setting or a way to print my workbook WITHOUT the letters across the top and the row numbers down the side? I've printed other stuff from other computers, but I cant do it from mine..is there a default or something? Thanks RDL, file page setup, sheet, and uncheck row and column headings under print -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** &...