Skip Records in a Form

I have a form in my database based on a table.  The table is appended with
new reocrds everyday.  My goal is to have the form present only the new
records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in
the same table.  The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records
not just the new.  Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only
those records that have not been updated by the user?  Thanks in advance
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is
updated via the form.
Set up a query to read all the rows/columns in the table where the
updatedate is null
SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE UpdateDate IS NULL.
Base your form on this query and not the table.

-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

WildlyHarry wrote:
> I have a form in my database based on a table.  The table is appended with
> new reocrds everyday.  My goal is to have the form present only the new
> records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in
> the same table.  The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records
> not just the new.  Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only
> those records that have not been updated by the user?  Thanks in advance

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/2bedf8fc0d763ec9?hl=en#
0
Hans

Mail Merge Selecting ALL records in Excel instead just rows select
We have had this problem several times and I cannot find a solution. We will open a mail merge Word document that is connected an Excel Workbook. Periodically it will select ALL of the records even though we go through and select just the rows we want. No amount of filtering changes this problem. We have tried re-saving both the word and excel docs, removing the excel doc from the word doc and re-attaching. Help! I'm wondering if you're being misled by the dialog you get when you click Merge to New Document. Even when you have checked off specific records in the ...

adding a skip pattern
Does MS Access refer to "skip patterns" by a different name? Is there any relatively simple way to include skip patterns in an Access form? Example: if the answer to question 1 = no, then skip to question 6. In a previous post, the reply below was given, but I must confess that I am not so swift to fully understand. Can someone provide a bit more detail: "You'd used the afterupdate event on a given control then use the setfocus method to move the cursor to another control and use the Enabled control property to control whether or not other controls remain active or...

Skip if empty
Everyone, I'm sure this is an easy fix, but it is just beyond me. Hopefully, one of you is going to make me feel stupid. I have an excel 2003 workbook that is a template for a merge document in Word. I need it to be able to handle 10 different sets of information starting in column B and ending in column J. I have all the information for the Word document in sheet1 of the workbook, and I'm going to merge from sheet2. I'm not always going to have all 10 of the columns filled with information. so I need to be able to skip code when I run out of records so that when I merge them...

form appearence or view
I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. The form is suppose to appear as a dynamic form. This form is accessed from a splash screen (main menu). When I click the button on the main menu, the Employee List appears in a normal form view ; not a dynamic table view. I did change the form propreties so that the default view would be a dynamic table but it dosen't seem to work.. Any ideas ? Marc On Oct 22, 1:05 pm, macdoum <macarpent...@netscape.ca> wrote: > I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. > > The form is suppose...

Records by Year
I would like to pull records by year. I was hoping to change the year on my main page form and then pull records from that. I would like my reports etc. to only pull records from whatever year I use. What I tried gave me an error. I tried adding to the row source: SELECT DISTINCT Year([PaymentDate]) AS PaymentYear FROM Membership Puchase ORDER BY Year([PaymentDate]); Membership Purchase is my table and PaymentYear is my field that I would like to use to determine the year. Is there something wrong with this or is there a better way to do this? On Feb 17, 1:07=A0pm, ArneGolf &...

Finding the new Record
I need my new records, once entered, to slot into their alphabetical position in the form, not at the END of the form/table. If I enter a record and then "Me.Requery", the record pointer goes to the first record, not the record I just entered. I've been struggling with me.recrodsetclone.bookmark, but results are inconsistent - it works if I click my save button, but NOT if I click on the pencil icon on the top right of the form. TABLE with 3 fields RecNo (autonumber) fname (text) sname (text) ENTRY FORM form sorted in order of Surname RecNo (visible but not enabled) Fi...

when form created

Insert Record
Sir i want to insert record one sheet cells into another sheets cells through command button. after saving data second data will save on next row Try this with Command Button on Sheet1: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim LRow As Long Dim MyCell As String LRow = Sheet2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If IsEmpty(Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1)) Then LRow = LRow Else LRow = LRow + 1 End If MyCell = ActiveCell.Address Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1).Value = ActiveCell.Value Sheet1.Range(MyCell).Activate End Sub Mike F "Sohail khan" <Sohail khan@discus...

POP Blank form on 8.0 and adding new address lines for country
I downloaded the new POP Blank Form from the website, due to some issues where you can't add any new calc fields to the report. I then modified the vAddressLine1, 2, 3 (remove the last "" and add Country, then created a new sAddressLine 4. The formulas are correct. They are setup identically to how our SOP ones are, how our old POP form was etc., so I know it's setup correctly. However, when I go to print POs, the data is inconsistent: New POs don't print the 4th line at all, older POs (ie POs that were in the system before upgrading to version 8) print with c...

Drop Down doesn't populate form
It think the issue is with the below criteria. The issue happens with the PO_NO has a letter with the number. If it's just a number it works fine. Any suggestion. stLinkCriteria = "[PO_NO]=" & "'" & SID & "'" Private Sub LookUpPO_AfterUpdate() Dim SID As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim rsc As DAO.Recordset Dim db As Database Dim rs1 As Recordset Dim rs2 As Recordset 'Added to Update Vendor Data Dim rs3 As Recordset Dim rs4 As Recordset 'Dim rs5 As Recordset ...

MX Record SBS 2008
Hi, Setup a new SBS 2008 with remote.mydomain.com. Installed a 3rd party SSL cert. Previously the client was using POP3 emails. Problem is we can't receive emails. We've changed the DNS A record for 'remote' to the external server IP address as normal. We've deleted the old MX record for Mail and replaced it with Remote. A Records Mail > Server IP address Remote > Server IP address MX Record Remote > Server IP address > Priority 0 I have made sure port forwarding is setup on the router, I can telnet port 25 to the server and I can se...

Expanding/Contracting Form depending on data entry requirements
[I'm building a DVD database for personal use, and am not a Access/VB expert] I've put the Film Details and the DVD Inventory in different tables, as I might have multiple copies of the same movie, and don't want to be entering that information more often than necessary. When adding to the inventory I've used a combo box fro the just the Film Title. If the correct one is not there, then there is a button to open up another form to enter in the film title, I just wondered if it was possible to embed that form in the main form, such that if the title is missing clickig ...

Changing Values from a form based on a union query
I have created four separate input forms for sales reps to enter information for an admin person. I want to keep the forms (and the tables associated with them separate). Each of these individual forms is based on a query such as LetterRequestJoeQuery which is then based on the table LetterRequestJoe. I then created a union query that combines all four individual queries and then a form based on this union query. The idea was to give an admin person a view of all entries and to be able to edit them. But I have discovered that you cannot change the information on a form based on a uni...

split records
Hi I have more than 10000 records in one column , example: ....... |16 Volt - Skin [1994]| |16 Volt - Supercoolnothing [1998]| |20 Dead Flower Children - Candy, Toy, Guns & Television [1997]| |3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun [2002]| |3 Doors Down - Better Life [2000]| |A - Hi-Fi Serious [2002]| |A.T.C. - Planet Pop [2001]| |AC DC - Back In Black [1980]| |AC DC - Ballbreaker [1995]| |AC DC - Flick Of The Switch [1983]| |AC DC - Fly On The Wall [1985]| .......... and i need to split this records in 3 columns: Artist | Album | Year maybe someone can help me ... -- Message posted from ht...

Customizing a form
I have say 8 fields in a section of a form with 2 columns. is it possible to make 1 of the areas where a filed would go, blank. so my form would look like field a field b field c <blank> field 1 field 2 field 3 field 4 field 5 instead of field a field b field c field 1 field 2 field 3 field 4 field 5 becasue there is no space in either column i cant just move them around. Thanks in advance You can put fields a,b and c in a section, and field 1 to 5 in another section. Configure the sections to doesn't display the name and the line separator. I think this will resolve yo...

Table record count
Is there an easy way to get the number of record in a temporary table without iterating through? yes i just did that Declare @RowCount Int set @RowCount = (Select Count(*) from "YOUR TEMP TABLE") why not use countrecords() function - assuming dexterity here of course. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Phil M" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13090613-04BC-4960-8466-31A411FEC3E7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to get the number of record in a temporar...

Continuous Form Within Continurous Form: Functional Equivalent?
I've got a DB where a single bond can have many issuers. So far, so good.... just have a "Single" form for the bond info and a "Continuous" form that shows info for each issuer. The trouble begins with an issuer having a "Country" property - such that a single issuer can have many countries. Ditto "Dealers". I guess I could have a continuous subform or a listbox that shows all the issuers - and then refresh another area on the parent form to show the detail for the currently-selected issuer. But what I'd really like to do is let the user se...

unmatched record query question
A while back, I had a corruption issue, and without me realizing it, the one- to-many relationship between related tables was deleted. Now, when I try to reset the relationships I get an error message that states that record(s) violate referential integrity rules. I suspect that one or more records in the parent table may have been deleted, but the related record(s) in the child table still exist. My tables are structured as follows: The parent table "Bid" has 2 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID The child table "Item" has 4 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID, Room...

how to record outlook client ip address in smtp log or other place?
hi all To meet our audit rules,stmp log must have outlook (mapi) client ip and hostname! but i found smtp log's hasn't record andy mapi ip address? how to solve this problem? iori In news:%23scosQKdGHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, iorizang <iori.zang@ferventwheels.com> typed: > hi all > > To meet our audit rules,stmp log must have outlook (mapi) client > ip and hostname! > but i found smtp log's hasn't record andy mapi ip address? how to > solve this problem? > > > iori I'm not sure you can do this with anything built in. ...

Opening forms in outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 Windows XP Trying to open a custom form, receive following error: Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Cintact your system administrator I am the system administrator This form works on other XP machines The only information I found is for windows 2000 installing the latest sp for office. Any help appreciated Thanks, Joe P. ...

file skipped
HI,All The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat - skipped. thanks Do online, exchange aware backups of the store. Do not do flat-file backups of the exchsrvr dirs and you wont see that error. :) On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:35:33 -0400, "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >HI,All >The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? >Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data >Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.da...

problem reading value from another Form
In frmMain I added a public property which returns a label contained in frmMain: public Label LblCD { get { return lblCurDir; } } I open the 2nd form, frm2, by clicking on a button on frmMain, and in frm2 I have this code: frmMain fMain; private string GetLblText() { return fMain.LblCD.Text; } the error I get when I try to invoke this proc on frm2 is: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I was thinking of trying frmMain fMain = new frmMain(); but I then I would not be able to read the current text contained in...

Need query to return absence of record
Hello all, hope everyone is doing well this fine morning! I need some help in constructing a query. I have three tables, designed as so: Personnel FullName(PK) Department Classes ClassName(PK) TrainingHistory *Junc table between Personnel and Classes* FullName(FK) ClassName(FK) DateTaken TrainingHistory records every instance of a class taken by all personnel. I need to be able to find people who HAVE NOT taken a given class. I need to be able to pick what class I search for each time I do the query. For example, I need to know who in the organization has NOT t...

Borderless form
I'm trying to create a borderless and caption bar less form. It is so easy in VB6. Any easy way to do it without API's in VBA (Outlook 2k3)? If the form is for use in Outlook, you should post to the microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms newsgroup. I have cross posted this response to that newsgroup so someone there may jump in with a response. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message ...

Changing RecordSource Causes A Reload of Sub Form Destroying References
Apologies for posting in two newsgroups but after I originally posted it in forms I realized this should have been posted here (formscoding) instead. Access 2007 This only happens on some machines. It has occurred on a PC running Windows XP SP3 and a MAC running Windows. I have been unable to reproduce it on other PCs running Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. On the machines that have the problem it always occurs. I have a form with a sub form control. The control's SourceObject is changed depending on the function required. On the forms that is used in the control is a...