Simple input sub-form problems

 HiThis has been driving me nuts  for weeks. What I'm trying to achieve is a simple input sub-form, where the user is entering a single column of figures, one value per record, but the screen needs to show several read-only fields joined from other tables which describe each record. I also want to keep the colour look and feel of the rest of the application. The last requirement rules out the datasheet view, as it refuses to accept the colour settings of the form, so I started looking at grid controls.I tried several different controls, including MSListView and MSFlexGrid, but surprisingly, none of them seem to support data entry, only display.I then looked at using an embedded Excel sheet - I had it displaying right, but when the user clicks on it to do the entries, the sheet "opens" and all the colour settings are ignored.I've now moved on to a continuous sub-form, which has all the colour settings, and again I can populate it ok - but even if the value field is made editable, the form still won't accept updates. I tried adding an unbound textbox for the new entries, locking the bound field with the current value in it, but when I enter a value in the unbound textbox, it replicates to all records in the continuous form!Please, this seems such a simple requirement - all I want is an editable grid control that will take formatting. Surely this is possible in such a functionally rich environment as Access?All help gratefully received!begin 666 icon_smile_dead.gifM1TE&.#EA#P`/`,0``/____\``/H5`/D.`.D``. ``-HJ`-'Y>]$``,+G4L# MP+S@,[;:';+4$JW/":C(!*' `IBV`'P/`````,# P ``````````````````M`````````````````````````"'Y! $```H`+ `````/``\`0 5DH"**4UF.MY-,T3+LVS@-%DS(UT[+D]S/1HQ]D&$ ,(L#@RS5+WEJEQ()1D@&%)80$4874M4#;3EP(NO1ZT+VG5<LEFM1LK.NVFYSH>; (7JEX.@59Q- \/!@0",C]J84@(&!5QJ(0`[`end
0
Simon
3/4/2007 2:22:44 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

SimonI suggest you have another look at a Flex Grid control. It is possibleto enter text into a cell (with a little bit of code). Have a look athttp://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb'for an example of how to do it. It is not quite as easy as enteringdata into a normal field but it may be OK for what you want.Peter Hibbs.On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:22:44 -0000, "Simon" <sp@themaconsultants.com>wrote:> Hi>>This has been driving me nuts  for weeks. What I'm trying to achieve is a >simple input sub-form, where the user is entering a single column of >figures, one value per record, but the screen needs to show several >read-only fields joined from other tables which describe each record. I also >want to keep the colour look and feel of the rest of the application. The >last requirement rules out the datasheet view, as it refuses to accept the >colour settings of the form, so I started looking at grid controls.>>I tried several different controls, including MSListView and MSFlexGrid, but >surprisingly, none of them seem to support data entry, only display.>>I then looked at using an embedded Excel sheet - I had it displaying right, >but when the user clicks on it to do the entries, the sheet "opens" and all >the colour settings are ignored.>>I've now moved on to a continuous sub-form, which has all the colour >settings, and again I can populate it ok - but even if the value field is >made editable, the form still won't accept updates. I tried adding an >unbound textbox for the new entries, locking the bound field with the >current value in it, but when I enter a value in the unbound textbox, it >replicates to all records in the continuous form!>>Please, this seems such a simple requirement - all I want is an editable >grid control that will take formatting. Surely this is possible in such a >functionally rich environment as Access?>>All help gratefully received!>
0
Peter
3/4/2007 3:42:51 PM
Many Thanks for these speedy replies, will give it a go!
0
Simon

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Unable to create forms in database
We recently upgraded from Office 97 to 2003. We have a database which contains several forms/queries used by all. I run into problems when I am trying to create a new form in a database that is being used by a coworker. They are not accessing my form but one not connected. But I am getting the following message. " you do not have exclusive access to teh database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later." Is this a security setting that can be changed? This was never a problem in the earlier versions of Access. thanks All ve...

Problem beim Empfangen
Seit 21.12. habe ich mit dem Empfangen meiner Emails Probleme: 1. Es werden immer wieder Emails angezeigt, welche ich schon gelesen bzw. gel�scht habe 2. Es kommt diese Fehlermeldung: Die Verbindung wurde unerwartet vom Server beendet. M�gliche Ursachen sind Server- oder Netzwerkprobleme oder eine lange inaktive Phase. Konto: 'pop3.web.de (1)', Server: 'pop3.web.de', Protokoll: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL): Nein, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0F Kann mir bitte jemand helfen? Vicky "Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an antiv...

install CRM domain account problem
Hi, I am trying to install MS CRM 1.2 on a W2K3 server. I am already logged into the W2K3 box as a domain admin (and the domain admins is already a member of the local admin group as well) BUT I still get this error! --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Server Setup --------------------------- You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM. Make sure that this computer is joined to the domain and you are logged on with a domain administrator account. ----- My domain controller is a W2K box. Any idea why Windows keeps giving me this error when I am already comp...

Form Viewing Problem
Hi, I've created a new Form for logging in phone calls. I've created the worksheets and relationships. My problem is I was able to view (and use) my Form yesterday, but then added a new field. Now, under the Form tab, I can only view the Design View, not the Form or Layout View (it only shows the header and there is a small black dash in the top right section of where the body should be). The same is true for the Phone Log Worksheet (all my previously entered data is there). If I open the Copy of the Form, I can see all the Views. I tried to remove the new field hoping th...

A WMP Problem?
This problem started a few days ago. I can't recall what I might have done. Up to that point if I cllicked on an internet link for a movie clip either Quick Time or WMP automatically opened and played the file. If I downloaded a WMV file and saved it WMP opened the file and played it whenever I clicked on the saved file. Now if I click on a file on a website Quick TIme works as usual but WMP will not automatically start and open/play the file. Instead, I get an empty page with a note in the bottom saying "done." No video. If I save the file it opens just fine wi...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Fundamental Problem With CDs
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with the way I work with my CDs in Money 2005, and I'd appreciate some advice. I opened a one month CD a couple of years ago and I have just let the bank renew it automatically. When I enter the renewal information from the bank, Money requires me to "redeem" the CD, then "buy" a new CD. This is counter-intuitive since the bank uses the same account number. For example, I have to "redeem" CD Account 123 and "buy" a new CD Account 123 #2. Then a month later I "redeem" CD Account 123 #2 and...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Form Design
I feel fairly confident that I have my tables and relationships decently set. My problem now is how to display it for my staff to work with. I need some help with form layout Here's my scoop. I am re-building a camp database that was laid out on one entire table!!! So many fields... So many empty fields too. Nonetheless, we are moving onward and here is what I have... I have a camp database that has the following tables now: tblcamperinfo demographic info that may change (primary table) tblparentinfo info on parents and addresses could be more than one tblcmprcnty...

MouseUP is firing when Form is Loaded
I have a bound listbox control on a form whose MouseUp event is firing for some reason between when I double-click the Form to load it, and when control passes to the user. I am *not aware* of anything going on in the code to cause this, and there is no call to the MouseUp event nor any class modules which hook that control, which could be causing it. It has been a long time since I coded in Access and I cannot say I have used this control event much anyway -- but it would seem to me to not be an intuitive behavior. Some stuff happens in that event which I can't really contr...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

permissions problems on send
Since migrating a group of mailboxes to 2003, one of our users is having sporadic problems sending to some recipients. The messages bounce back with "Yo do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." But the permissions structure in A.D. seems to be in order, and there are no restrictions on these recipients. Where to start looking? jerry. ...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw?
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

Custom form could not be opened???
Ran into this issue yesterday, and am completely stumped: User has an email that when he double-clicks on it to open it he received the following message: "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The object could not be found". After saying OK to that warning then the email comes up. What's weird is when you first go into OL there is no icon for the message (no envelope) until you single click on it. Furthermore, after the email opens up then the message cannot be printed and the following message is returned: "One or mo...

Using the OnSave() Form event to trigger workflows and/or e-mails
Hello, I am currently using CRM 3.0 (we are going to be upgrading to 4.0 next month) and I am trying to clean up some processes before we go through the upgrade. What I need to do is using the OnSave event for a custom form I need to either trigger a workflow (which would then send an e-mail) or I need to do the formatting etc to send the e-mail through the event itself. I'm very new to the CRM environment and I don't have very much in the way of time to get this implemented but I understand programming concepts just fine. If I could get a pointer to a list of possible method...

Sub Report Repeating
With On My Main Report I have a Sup Report, The Main Reports Shows The Project Number. Project Title and Enquiry: Enquiry Could Be Anything From "Supply Only Ductwork" The Sub-Report Shows All The Drawings That Are Needed For That Enquiry, The Sub-Report Is Set to a Contineuos Type, The Problem Arise's If Ive Seletced The Say 2 or more Companys For that Enquiry, What Is Happening The Sub Report Is Duplicating The Drawing List For How Many Companys Ive Set The Enquiry To. Is The Away I Can Just Print the One Set of Drawings for that Enquiry Records, and Not Repeat the Whole S...

Public Folder Problems
I created a PowerPoint presentation, and saved it as an .htm file, which created an .htm version and a sub folder for the various .htm files. When I run this on my PC all is OK. I then dragged and dropped (d&d) all files and the folder structure to an Outlook Public Folder in an Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup, Exchange Server environment. System wouldn't let me d&d the sub folder, so had to create this in Outlook, then d&d files into it. Unfortunately it's all behind the company firewall so I can't point you at it. When I try to open the Public Folder .htm ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Problem with Date Formatting
I am importing a text file with dates in the format 3/1/05. I need the data formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY. I can get this for all dates EXCEPT where the leading zero has been dropped off the day, such as 3/1/05. Can anyone suggest how to do this in Excel? ...

Order form
I would like to crete an order form that once you add the code of the product all the other information will appear eg Price, description, colour and so on... I have seen another programme that did it but cant' find any information on how to do it.. Thanks in advance for your help :) -- mich72 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mich72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19280 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468455 Hi mich72 Look in the help for the Vlookup function If...

Auto-populate a form
Is there a way to auto-populate a form using data indexed to a primary key in a table? That is, when I enter the primary key value in a form, I want the remaing fields to automatically pull data from a table with that primary key and populate the remaining fields. -- DSM I would suggest an unbound combo with a row source based on your primary key field. Then use the After Update event of the comb to locate the record and make it the current record: Private Sub MyCombo_AfterUpdate() With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[PrimeKeyField] = " & Me.MyCombo ...

Problems with printing in color on HP2600 Printer
get an error message whgen pringint publisher 2000 document when using an HP 2600 Color laser, but prints OK on other HP printers. On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:17:04 +0100, flyingfriar wrote (in article <57E45CFD-BE71-496C-BDD3-8A3551DE1E5F@microsoft.com>): > get an error message whgen pringint publisher 2000 document when using an HP > 2600 Color laser, but prints OK on other HP printers. Another moron who appears to think we're psychic. WTF does "an error message" mean?! Are the drivers up to date? The fact that it prints okay on other HP printers means nothing. ...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...