sign-out end of day time date

I have a database and how it works is that a person comes in and signs into
the database. Goes and does whatever they need to do in the building. Then
before they leave they sign out. Not multiple users using the database. It is
just a sign in/sign out database. So I have some users that come into the
building and sign in. Then when they leave they forget to sign out. I need a
sign out time so that I can calculate total hour a user was in the building.
So at the end of the day I need my signout field populated with a date time
stamp. So I don't really need to kick users out of any database. I just need
sort of If statement maybe that says if field is null at 4pm of the current
day the user signed in then insert date/timestamp. Anyone know how I can do
this?

0
tlvillareal
10/5/2007 12:33:31 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can use the On Timer event of a form to do this.  Just set the timer
interval to an interval that will check as ofter an you would like and have
it check to see if the current time is equal to or greater than a specified
time.  If it is then provide code that will be executed to run an update
query that will update all records in the table to "Now" where the log out
field is null.

Check the Access help file for the On Timer event and the Timer Interval
property.

--
HTH

Mr B
askdoctoraccess dot com

"tlvillareal" wrote:

> I have a database and how it works is that a person comes in and signs into
> the database. Goes and does whatever they need to do in the building. Then
> before they leave they sign out. Not multiple users using the database. It is
> just a sign in/sign out database. So I have some users that come into the
> building and sign in. Then when they leave they forget to sign out. I need a
> sign out time so that I can calculate total hour a user was in the building.
> So at the end of the day I need my signout field populated with a date time
> stamp. So I don't really need to kick users out of any database. I just need
> sort of If statement maybe that says if field is null at 4pm of the current
> day the user signed in then insert date/timestamp. Anyone know how I can do
> this?

Thanks Mr B!
What I ended up doing is:
I used the following update query:
UPDATE TBL_MAIN_VISITOR_VOLUNTEER AS T SET T.CHECK_OUT_DATE = T.CHECK_IN_DATE,
T.CHECK_OUT_TIME = '4:00:00 PM', T.TOTAL_TIME = [CHECK_OUT_TIME]-
[CHECK_IN_TIME]
WHERE (((IsNull([T].[CHECK_OUT_TIME]))<>False) AND ((DateDiff("d",[T].
[CHECK_IN_DATE],Now()))>0) AND ((T.CHECK_IN_DATE)<>Date()));

I then made an Open Query Macro to open the update query

In my main form when the database opens I set the on open event to run the
macro

I then suppressed the warning message so it automatically runs in the
background through Tools>Options>Edit/Find>confirm>uncheck action queries

So every morning when the database is opened it runs the update without
anyone knowing.

Thanks for all the help!!

tlvillareal

RPC over HTTP with no front end
hi Folks, Having an issue getting Outlook 2003 clients to communicate with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1. My environment is as follows: Enterprise server 2003 SP1 which is the (PDC, GC) Enterprise server 2003 SP1 with exchange enterprise 2003 sp1 on top of it. System is in the domain but not a DC or GC. Install RPC and configure as backend, make the registry entries as suggested for my scenario on the MS site and in this group. RPC does not work. It seems from the documentation that I have read that my exchnage server also needs to be the GC, but that means promoting it to be a DC which I d...

Linked Tables
Hi All, I'm setting up an Access 2007 database as a reporting database from feeds from Lotus Notes/Domino Server and I'm running into a ODBC 'DNSname' Connection Failed error. Here's the details: Server 1 Running Domino Server/Lotus Notes Server 2 Running Access 2007 Database for reporting from Lotus etc. I've installed the Lotus NotesSQL Driver and created System DNS's for each odbc feed from Lotus. I've linked in several tables from Lotus and this is working fine. I've created reports from these tables and it's fine; tables refresh, r...

Infamous Business Day Count
Hey Folks, I've done my best to research this so that I wouldn't have to repost this question ((probably the most commonly asked)). So, before I pose it I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to help me out... On the file I import is a "TransDate" On the table these records import to, the "TransDate" field is set to date/time. On the same table, I have created a "DaysAged" field that I hope will be populated by the result of this "crude" formula: "TransDate" - Today's Date - Weekends and Holidays To elabora...

Passport sign-in unsuccessful SOLUTION!!!
ok, i was getting the sign-in unsuccessful error that many money users seem to be having. after doing an extensive search here on google groups and did all suggested solutions it still wasn't working - so what i did was to go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ and delete the Money folder with all its subfolders (there was \12.0\something with xml files in them). after that passport sign-in worked like a charm. hope this helps anyone who has the problem Thank you for your helpful tip. It did work on my computer as well. I was so anno...

Win7, IE8, CRM, Outlook, IFD, self-signed cert, certificate error
Strange problem - I've got CRM 4.0 running with IFD. IFD works fine from Internet Explorer. There is a self-signed certificate. In IE, IFD & the self-signed cert works fine, either with a warning or if the cert is installed to the local PC, with no warning. In Outlook, IFD has been working fine for many months. I've just noticed a a few Windows 7 clients that the Outlook client fails with invalid certificate errors. The client loads fine and integrates the Outlook navigation interface, but if the user tries to open any CRM item, gets a 'navigation blocked' error. ...

logging to text file and opening at end of program
Hi, I'm using a utility class to provide debugging notes during program run to see where things are happening. ....in class Util.vb..... Public Sub Logentry(ByVal strMsg As String) If m_Debug Then File.AppendAllText(m_DebugFileName, strMsg + Environment.NewLine) End If End Sub Sub OpenDebugLog() Process.Start(m_DebugFileName) End Sub .............................. then in program call logentry at points of interest... at end of program call OpenDebugLog ....in file program.vb... Protected Overrides Sub Finalize() m_util.OpenDebugLog() m_u...

Tracking employee time and jobs worked on daily.
I am working on a database in Excel to track not only our employees' time (to lessen the amount of manual calculating) but also the jobs they work on during the day and amount of time for each one. I have "start" and "end" times for the day and for each section of the day, then the "work order number" and the "category" or type of work done (fabricate, paint, etc). I want to simplify data entry, but there's too many columns for the "data form". When I'm done, there will be other spreadsheets connected to this one. I'm ...

Help
Hi, I have a sheet with the date down in column A. I made a macro up (thought I had) to find a date, click on the command button, brings up a feild box to enter a date and then goto the date in column A. However it did not work. I am using 2007 now so my dates go on and on now. Is there any easy an dpresentable way to do this in code? Thanks Kevin. Try th ebelow Sub Macro2() Dim varDate As Variant, varFound As Variant varDate = InputBox("Enter Date to be searched") If IsDate(varDate) Then Set varFound = Columns(1).Find(varDate, LookIn:=xlValues, Lookat:=...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark Mark, if the field is not available I would go ahead and add a new date field. You can then expose the field on any of the views. Hope that helps. "Mark Braithwaite" wrote: > Hi > > We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly >...

Date in cell shows as pound signs
Using Excel 2000. I have pre-formated worksheets in which the date columns are formatted to show the date style as 12-Nov-03. All worked fine until yesterday when the entries began to show up as pound signs. When I look at the formatting for the cell, it appears to be formatted correctly. I have checked with entries entered before yesterday and the formatting appears the same. My knowledge of the program is fairly rudimentary but I thought I could do the basic cell formatting by clicking Format, Cells, Number, Catagory - Date, etc. What am I missing here? Most grateful for your help....

Profit/time help please?
Hi thanks for looking at this. I have a small sheet that works out the profit for the day (result is cell b17) Total is �34.50 I have done a start and finish entry with a result in the time format IE Start 13:00, finish 14:30, Total 01:30:00 (result is cell c25) I have used this formula =B17/C5 The result is �522.00 not �23.00 that it should be, any advise please? Thanks Derek Hi These are Excel times. To use them as decimals, which is what you want, you need to multiply the result by 24. =B17/(C25*24) will give you the result you want. Excel stores 1 day as 1.00 and 1 hour as 1/24...

Switching dates to end of month
Hello, I have a bunch of historical observations with a date record for eac as follows: Jan-1950 Feb-1950 and so on. These dates all default to the first day of the month s that technically Excel is reading these as Jan-1-1950, etc. Is there an easy way to automatically convert these dates to th end-of-the month period, instead? I've tried adding 30 days, etc. bu this is inaccurate because some of the months have 30 days, some hav 31, not to mention 28 with February. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Thanks, -Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assumin...

Duplicate messages each time I start Outlook
I am using a pop3 mail server and Leaving a copy of the email on the server so I can access it elsewhere. Outlook 2003 duplicates the messages and I have run all the patched Post sp. Anyone? Are you getting all the messages that were left on the server each time you start Outlook, or just some of them? How many POP3 accounts do you have? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Keith Henderson" <keithatdvsolutions.teevee> wrote in message news:#1g6TRasEHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... ...

Convert time to all seconds
I have a time number format as "00:01:02" (hours, minutes, seconds). How do I convert to show all seconds. For example, the number above should show as "62" seconds. Custom format as... [s] Hope this helps! In article <4232fe39.3531437@news.verizon.net>, glenlee@nospam.com (glenlee) wrote: > I have a time number format as "00:01:02" (hours, minutes, seconds). > How do I convert to show all seconds. For example, the number above > should show as "62" seconds. Or if you just wanting a separate cell, then =A1*24*60*60 an format as G...

how to eliminate ####sign and shortcut signs..
ie1: For instance keyed in 11111111111 in the cell, endup displaying 1.111111E+17 Qns: How to display my desired data which is '11111111111'. ie2: Intend to key '111,112,113....120' on cell, given 'pre-adjusted' column and numbers continue on next row below and next. Given '111,112....120' taken up 3rows and able to fill ideally,without the outcome shown ###### sign. 'Resize' column/row adviced, i just wanted the numbers to fill in my pre-adjusted field Preformat that cell as Text or start your entry with a leading apostrophe: '123,123,123,12...

Network days
Please could someone tell me how to add 17 network days to a network day and have the DATE displayed in a cell and not the amount of network days. Lets say. I recieve an order on a specific day and i have to have that order dispatched within 17 network days, is there a formula that can tell me a deadline date? Thanks in advance Thanks but that formula will only return the date 17 workdays from today and not a date entered in a specific cell (each day that date would change). "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Try: =WORKDAY(TODAY(),17) > Cell should be formatt...

Create calculated query for time difference
Hi, In a list box i am displaying the request number and request date and time for a user after reteriving from table. i need to add one extra column which should display the ageing of the request by taking the difference between request date and time and current date/time. please tell me how this can be done. thanks, navin Hi Navin You could use a calculated column in the query the combo is based on Difference:DateDiff("d", TableName!FieldName,Date()) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "navin" wrote: > Hi, > > In a list box i am displaying the request num...

Need Help With Entering Current Time
I try to enter current time (Ctrl+Shift+;), but there are no seconds. After i change cell to custom (hh:mm:ss), seconds are always equal to 00. How can i fix this problem? I need just insert auto time WITH SECONDS. Thanx in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hre is a way to do this: Display Forms toolbar (View, Toolbars, Forms). Locate and click on the item called Button. Now go to worksheet area, click where you want this button to appear, t...

exchange front end relay server in DMZ, DB server on trusted network
Hello All, Currently have exchange2k, soon to have 2k3. The exchange box is currently on thr tusted network and from theinternet you can telnet to it. We recently got a scare and thought it was compromised, after a call to MS they confirmed it was not, so we want to have an extra layer of security by having the mail relay to/from a server in our DMZ first. Is this simple to setup? I assume we would configure the exchange DB server to forward mail to the server in the DMZ as a smart host, which in turn would forward to our ISP smart host. The same should work in reverse, ISP > relay ser...

Money07 Sign In
Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. In microsoft.public.money, PapaFrank wrote: >Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. >Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used >passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. > >I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. > > Try closing Money. ...

display time in different time zone
I have list of different time in column A. I would like to display the times in Column B in a different time zone which is 11 hours delayed than the corresponding times in Column A. Would any one help? One way =MOD(A1-11/24,1) format as time and copy down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "james" <jjing@sleh.com> wrote in message news:3677A58E-C736-4363-9D39-93A5306FCBF2@microsoft.com... > I have list of different time in column A. I would like to display the times in Column B in a different time zone which is 11 hours delayed than the corresponding times in Column A. Would ...

End user visibility of eConnect errors?
Is there any way to view errors that come out of eConnect processing other than the Event Viewer on the server? Right now, we have to have an IT person check the log every day - it would be much better to have an end user review the file for problems. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, maybe something like this? Catch exp As eConnectException ' Console.Write(exp.ToString) MsgBox("Upload Failed!") MsgBox(exp.ToString) "Bud" wrote: > Is there any way to v...

Incorrect time for incoming email
This past Sunday, I went from Daylight savings time to standard time. The problem I have is that email and meeting requests are showing the wrong time. For example if I send a meeting request for 2:00 it is showing up on the recipients calander as 1:00. The time on the DC (2000), Exchange servers (2003) and clients are correct. There must be a setting I'm missing. Any ideas? I have recently learned there is a calendar setting in Outlook in Tools/Options/calendar options/time zone. If the check in Daylight savings is not in there then times will not correspond with Windows tim...

"Sign-in Info could not be verified"
I'm getting this error message when I try to log on...I can only work offline, which isn't very helpful. I have Money 2006 Premium. How can I sign on??? Thanks for any help. ...

Date last update for the file
Dear experts; Would you please i wanat to insert the date in a cell , but that date i wanat it last update for the file ; i mean when the file changed (updated with new info); i want the cell changed outomatically with last date of updates; other wise the cell snad still as it be; Many thanks for your time ; '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function DocProps(prop As String) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Application.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value ...