Shortcuts to Queries in Custom Groups

When I add a query to a custom group, it is removed from the Unassigned
Objects group, which is fine.  But if I want to rename the query I right
click on the query name in the custom group.  When I change it, it only
renames teh shortcut, not the actual query.  But I can't find the underlying
query to rename unless I remove the query shortcut from the custom group,
make the change, then re-add it into the group.

If I want to add a description to a query, I right click on the query in the
custom group, click on properties, but it doesn't let me add a description
because it's a shortcut, not the base query.  Again, i have to remove the
query from the custom group, add the description, and readd the query to the
custom group.

I'm sure there's a better way, but I can't figure it out.  Please help!
Thank you.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Query to delete characters after first hypen
I'm looking to return all the text before the first hypen IBDT-1209-USD-B INGBFE-434142-EUR-B F/AGD-4079-NOK-B ADE-434129-EUR-B I would like to see: IBDT INGBFE F/AGD ADE Thanks for the assistance. U�ytkownik "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:39E1E728-B534-4C11-B02F-0A9BA833E7E7@microsoft.com... > I'm looking to return all the text before the first hypen > > IBDT-1209-USD-B > INGBFE-434142-EUR-B > F/AGD-4079-NOK-B > ADE-434129-EUR-B > > I would like to see: > > IBDT > INGBFE > F/AGD > A...

Building a Query by Form Interface
Hello, I'm trying to create a method where a user selects some criteria in a form and a query then generates the results. I have been able to pass numbers successfully in the query but not text. If anyone has an easy way of developing this let me know. The code below works for numbers but not text Help me please. Function BuildSQLString(strSQL As String) As Boolean Dim strSELECT As String Dim strFROM As String Dim strWHERE As String strSELECT = "s.*" strFROM = "UFRRecords s " If Check2 Then strWHERE = strWHERE & " s.[FlagField1] = " & Combo0 End I...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Make Table query, but remove character from field
I already have a rroutine set up and part of that is a make table query. One of my fields has some values as G35.X and some as G35X. I want to make this field in my make table query read G35X for all. I do not want to run update queries or find/replace and want in my make table definition some code that when creating this field to remove the "." where it exists. Is this possible? Thanks Sorry, I should have made clear I can't just set the field to "G35X" as there are other values with the "." ! "Andy" wrote: > I already have ...

CRM 4.0 need new Print Quote to Customer Document
We had a designer modify the Quote to Customer document without saving the original first and now are having problems with it. Can someone tell me where to find the Quote to Customer document on the installation CD or can I get a copy of the document? Also, is it possible to enter the line items of a quote into table format so that long item descriptions word wrap instead of pushing the line onto multiple lines? If so can anyone tell me how to do this? William Quote documents are stored locally on CRM Path, check the web.config where its actually stored, path will mention. Also you ...

Customized Holds
Am I am able to create custom Sales Process Holds based on certain conditions? For example, I want to create a hold called Credit Card Hold which will put any customers with a credit card payment term automatically on hold to force customer service to run the card before the order is processed (sometimes they forget to run the card and the order goes through without payment). I don't want this to be a regular Credit Hold because I want the customer service rep to be able to take the order off hold themselves - I do not want to give the reps the password for the Credit Hold because I...

Internationalisation queries
1. When entering numbers in Excel using scientific notation in the English version of Excel, the following convention is used "[number]E[number]", for example 12E3 (i.e. 12,000). Can someone tell me whether the "E" character is the same for all languages? 2. Error codes such in Excel such as "#N/A" and "#VALUE", can someone tell me whether these are the same for all languages? And if not, is there an easy way to determine what the error strings are in the language locale used by Excel? Many thanks, John www.johnmote.com ...

In RMS PO add Level Pricing A, B or C for customization
Hi, Currently we are not able to add level price A, B or C in the PO template. If there is a need to be able to use any of the item level pricing it should be made available for customization purposes. Thanks, Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

How do I restrict Access to all mail groups on my Domain
Guys, How do I disable external mail access to all mail groups on my domain. Assuming I dont want anybody on the net to send an email to mail groups on my domain.I have checked the Exchange System Manager but I havent found anything explicit from global settings.Can anyone help? Thanks in Advance. Regards, -- Buchi Hi, hit properties of distr.group (Exchange general tab) and select Accept messages from authenticated users only... -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

CRM Mobile querying recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort etc
Hi there Since we installed CRMMobile our (new) server has been SO SLOW! SqlServer is taking anywhere from 69 - 99% cpu time (mostly around 99) I have run sql profiler and discovered that many times a second the following transactions are running: exec sp_executesql N'SELECT recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort,sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort, MIN(arrivalDate) as minArrivalDate, count(*) as messageCount FROM vwInBoundQueue WHERE recipientAddr=@recipientAddr AND recipientSrvcPort=@recipientSrvcPort GROUP BY sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort,recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort ORDER BY minArrivalDat...

Remove Certain String from Query Field
Hello Experts, I have a query with mulitple fields. one of them contains the names of the projects our depatrment is working on. the name starts with a 4 digit number, then an underscore, then a 4 or 5 digit number then another underscore then the Name of the proejct itself. so the field looks like this xxxx_xxxx_Project Name. I want to create an experssion that only shows the Project Name part without the numbers or the underscores. the Problem i'm having tis that the number of these digits vary from project to project. the total number of characters can very between 10 1...

Query Access
I am using VB.net 2008. I have a access database with 2 tables in it tblTeacher and tblStudent. I create a recordset (rsTeacher) one of the fields (TeacherName) in tblTeacher using distinct. Then I loop through the rsTeacher and then create another recordset (rsSchedule) and pull the Period and StudentID then I want to use that StudentID to query the tblStudent with the StudentID to get the StudentLastName, StudentFirstName and etc. then order by period, studentlastname, studentfirst. I usually cheat and use the query function in Access to do them but it doesn't seem like this...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

how to calculate total time in query
Anyone know how to calculate total time in query if the total time exceed 24 hours? I wish the total time to be display in number of hours and minutes. See: Calculating elapsed time at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-13.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1176090276.654203.320320@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Anyone know how to calculate total time in query if the total time > exceed...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

Puzzle with query expression
I have the following in a database: MainTable - - fields- phone1, phone2 phone3 phone 4 MainQuery - based on Main table with all four fields Report - all four fields in the query Information stored in each of the field are numbers but I replaced null values in all fields with the text "n/a". I did this so that the report would not show any null values. What I what the report to reflect is this. If a record has a "n/a" entry in all four fields, I would like the report not show that record but show all other records that have valid telephone numbers even if some of...

Merge different queries
Hello all, I have two tables where I enter my stock trades as well as foreign exchange (FX) trades. The two tables contain different fields as the trading instruments require different entries. I then created two seperated queries in order to calculate the profit from each stock and each FX trade. I need two queries as the calculations are different, too. Now, I would like to merge the two queries in order to see my overall profit and losses no matter if the trade is a stock or FX trade. That is, in the final query I would like to see the trade ID (which is the primary key in eac...

shortcuts
How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? Position Outlook and Windows Explorer windows so you can see both. Go to the location where the file is. Right click on the file and drag to the Outlook shortcut bar. You'll get a prompt "Add to Outlook bar" or "Cancel". Click on Add to Outlook Bar. >-----Original Message----- >How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? >. > ...

Clear Unbound Text box used as input parameter to query
I've looked at everything I can find, tried all the suggestions but still can't get this to work. I have a form that opens blank. You input your parameter into an unbound text box then press a command button that performs a requery of the database and returns the results in a continuous form. When the results are returned, the parameter is listed as part of the detail in the form so I want the parameter box to be cleared out and ready for the next one. My command on the Search button looks like this: Private Sub SearchEPICode_Click() Me.Requery End Sub ...

Custom Menus
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to share custom menus. My company run a NT network and everyone uses Excel. I want to create a custom menu in excel which is managed centrally. Anyone got any suggestions? I do not check my allanmartin@ntlworld.com account. I only use it for New Groups and I ignore it as it has been harvested too many times. Please respond to the newsgroup and I will check it daily. Many thanks. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release Date: 10/11/20...

Code for Criteria in a Pass Through Query
I have read all of the posts on this forum about Pass Through queries and I just do not get it. Does anyone have any sample code of how they used data on a form as criteria in a Pass Through query. Particularly for date ranges. I have a Pass Through query that looks like this. select [detail].[sd_term_cntry], [detail].[sd_datekey], [detail].[md_tran_amt1], [detail].[sd_key], [detail].[sd_resp_cde], [detail].[sd_mbr_num] from [detail] (nolock) where ((([detail].[sd_term_cntry]) <> '999') and (([detail].[sd_term_cntry]) <> ' ') and (([detail].[sd_...

Rules queries
Hello All I currently use Outlook Express for emailing, with Office 97, but I think I need to move to Outlook97 now because ... I regularly receive 3-5 important emails per week from each of around 110 (specified) people - so around 330-550 emails per week (plus about the same number again of spams and other miscellaneous emails). For all the emails from the 110 specified people I want to do two things: 1) Print them 2) Maintain an electronic copy of the email in a specific folder (different folder for each person - so 110 folders will be set up). I need these two things to happen automati...

Cannot print titles (top row) even though worksheets not grouped
Even though my workbook only has one sheet, which means I don't have any grouping, I am still unable to use Page Setup->Sheet->Print Titles. This option is always dimmed. How can I correct this situation? Thanks. Hi Elson Don't know if you use File>Page Setup or the Printpreview ? But It is not working if you are in printpreview . -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Elson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044b01c3ef5c$0c706cb0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Even though my workbook only has ...

Shortcut Key for delete?
Is there any keyboard shortcut for deleting a row? Instead of right click delete. -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540175 Hi, You can select the row and hold down Ctrl and press - Regards, Bondi Thank you ! :cool: -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Update query
Are you aloud to qualify criteria’s in an UPDATE Query? I’m trying do a UPDATE Query to import information from one table to another but I’m having trouble getting it to work. If I run the query as followed it works find. UPDATE tblIncomeDetail SET tblIncomeDetail.IncomeDetailID = "1893" WHERE (((tblIncomeDetail.LocationID)=6) AND ((tblIncomeDetail.Date)=#1/4/2008#)); But when I qualify my criteria’s and SET , it doesn’t UPDATE tblIncomeDetail SET tblIncomeDetail.IncomeDetailID = [Tables]![tblIncomeSum]![IncomeID] WHERE (((tblIncomeDetail.LocationID)=[Tables]![tblIncomeSum...