setting view merged data when automating word from Access

I have a client for which I automated word from Access,
they want however to see the letter before merging it to a letter/e-mail as
they might tailor it slightly
What would be the code to add to turn on "view merged data"?

Thx, Philip

With doc.MailMerge
            .OpenDataSource Name:=strDatasource
            .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
            .SuppressBlankLines = True
            With .DataSource
                .FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
                .LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
            End With
            .MailAddressFieldName = "conEmail"
            .MailSubject = "Motorcycle Training Classes"

End With

0
phleduc
5/18/2007 4:29:20 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

OWA Set Rule problem

how can I change the scale of the numbers in my chart data table?
I have set up a simple graph, and I have opted to show a data table at the bottom which shows my graph results numerically. However, whilst I have changed the scale on the value axis with no problem, I cannot change the scale of my data table to thousands.. the only option I seem to have is to be able to format the font. Please can you help? A chart data table has very limited capability. Instead of using one, consider simulating the effect. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel,...

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Is this possible to create a company from exisiting Company but with some of data
Hello Folks, Happy labor Day !!!!!! I have a very strange situation atleast for me. I have a company and now I need to create another company out of that and move some of the data but not all. Let's say I have 1000 items existed in a company and then I create another one and wish to move 300 items out of 1,000 and these 300 will not be in any sequence. By moving 300 items also means that that I want to move all other data related to these items like BOMs, GL Accounts, AR, AP, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders as well. Is there a way to slice the DB using any Import/Exp...

setting up new outlook mail account

Query Exceeds the limit of data for a single record
I have designed a database for tracking results from surveys filled out by participants attending various workshops. I am running into problems with a query that sums, counts, and groups together each question on the survey. The field data type for the question is "text". I have a total of 15 questions on the survey. When I run the query, I receive an error message stating that the form or report is based on a query in which it exceeds the limit of data for a single record. My table field properties are set at 255 characters. Some of my questions may be larger than 255. How mi...

Access
I have a table that has 9 immunization dates in each record. I need to capture the most recent date for a report. All the information I have found refers to comparing dates between records, not within a single record. Hi Johanna Can I suggest you split your table. It's quite simple. 1st Make a copy of your database and work on the copy (just in case) Open the copy of your database Copy the table and paste with a new names tblA - tblB Open table A and delete all the immunization dates Open table B and delete everuthing "except" the immunization dates and the ID fiel...

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Word 2007 - Windows 7
We generate reports that contain still images of AVI animations. It used to be that we could drag and drop the AVI file into the document and a graphic image would appear; now all we get is an icon. I believe this occurred as the result of an upgrade to Window2 7 form XP SP2. We'd like to retain embedding the video as it can then be activated by a click should the reader decide to do that, but what happened to the still image? I expect it's something really stupid that I've forgotten, but you never know... ...

Reading Pane Settings

Unable to use filter in datasheet view or add criteria to query in design view
Hello all, I have a question regarding a custom function. The query results can't be filtered nor can a criteria be used in the design window to filter/ restrict the records. The function returns the correct answer for all the cases but I need the functionality to filter the results. Here is purpose, input and output and example uses: Purpose: If given 2 dates, a month and a year, the function returns the number of days that fall between the start and enddates, in the given month and year. Example 1, My_Function(#1/1/2010#, #1/15/2010#, 1,2010) Returns 14 BTW - 14 is c...

How do I set OOR

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

Excel and Access merge
Is it possible to take data from Access and link it to Excel? I have two groups that I am working with and one uses Excel and one uses Access and we would like all the data to end up in Excel without having to rekey. Thanks for the help. Todd Try using MsQuery to import the data from Access. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046001c3c961$6d9f6840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to t...

How do I use Excel or Access or a combination of both to track an.
I would like to come up with a posting journal using either Excel or Access or a combination of both to track the dues of a non-profit organization. In using this I want to keep track of outstanding balance. I want to be able to use Word to prepare an invoice that I can either mail to the address or e-mail. I would like for the balance adjusted as each payment is made. Once all dues are paid then show it as paid in full. Thanks, Are you familiar with VBA - the office macro language? You can use this to automate word, excel, outlook, access, etc to talk to one another. Your question...

Sharing Outlook data files across a home network
I have two computers hooked up to a network - a desktop hardwired to my router/modem and a laptop connected wirelessly to the router/modem. I run Outlook on the desktop to download and access all my emails and contacts, but i'd also like to be able to access all this data on my laptop. Basically, i want to synchonise my email and contacts on both machines in real time. Is there any way to do this? I have never found a way to do this with stand-alone Microsoft products over the last 6 years (unless you install an Exchange Server!). There are a few aftermarket solutions like ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...