Setting up Access application - Citrix or networked drive?

I need some guidance here. What is a better way to run small Access application
- direct access using networked drive or using Citrix environment?

It is small application - only few users.

Thanks for any input!

0
Jack
6/21/2007 2:03:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Just did a bunch of updating to my windows 98 and now i can't open any attachments. please help hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

setting up new outlook mail account

CRM External Web Access
Where can I find instructions on configuring our CRM site to be available via the web? We're using SBS 2003 with ISA 2004. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com on the CRM cd there should be a documentation folder with a PDF of the implementation guide.or download it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en This is a good read: http://www.sbs-rocks.com/crm/crmsbeinstall.htm "karupspc@yahoo.com" wrote: > on the CRM ...

OWA Set Rule problem

Office 2004 Test Drive #4
Hi Friends I just got my new MAcbook Pro and was taking it for a test drive when I came to a screeching halt. It seems my clock was set for the wrong time zone which was past midnight and hence was registering Tuesday when it was still Monday. I had already started the test drive for office 2004 and then when I was playing around and notice the time was not correct I set it. After that since the date was now one day earier my Office 2004 would not run. even though it is ow Tuesday it still will not run it tells me that it is expired (after 2 hours) is there any help for this. I am afraid...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...

Access
I have a table that has 9 immunization dates in each record. I need to capture the most recent date for a report. All the information I have found refers to comparing dates between records, not within a single record. Hi Johanna Can I suggest you split your table. It's quite simple. 1st Make a copy of your database and work on the copy (just in case) Open the copy of your database Copy the table and paste with a new names tblA - tblB Open table A and delete all the immunization dates Open table B and delete everuthing "except" the immunization dates and the ID fiel...

How to set backcolour

Access 2003 popup calendar
I have been able to add a nice popup calendar when I click into a data field on my Access 2003 form. But the date only gets placed into the field once I move out of the field and into another. I would like it to populate the field as soon as I click on the date in the calendar. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my code: TrainingDateCal.Visible = True TrainingDateCal.SetFocus If Not IsNull(Training_Date) Then Training_Date.Value = TrainingDateCal.Value Else TrainingDateCal.Value = Date End If Thanks very much in advance! Jeff Wilson Strange...it seems like my problem is wh...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Can I use Access 2007 for Professional Application Development?
I am a .NET developer and a group of friends came to me with thisquestion: They want to develop commercial applications targeted for 50or less users using SQL Server as the back end. They want to know ifaccess could be used for this environment because it appears that itis easier to develop using it than using Visual Studio. I know that access 2007 can be use SQL Server but I don't know if youcan develop forms that use stored procedures instead of SQL Statements(for performance) and if the code can be properly protected. Also Iwould like to know if there is any way to implement a custom l...

Convert Access 97 to Access 2002 or 2003
Hi, I must convert a suite of 10 integrated Access 97 systems to either Access 2002 or Access 2003. What version is more stable? What version will cause less problems? Thank you, Nick Nick there is very little difference in stability now. I prefer 2003, and can think of a couple of bugs in 2002 that do not exist in 2003, but not the reverse. IME, A2003 is more stable than 97 while developing on a Windows XP machine. Once the development is complete (forms/reports/code not being changed), a well-designed Access app running on stable power over a stable network on machines that do...

Reading Pane Settings

Sharing Outlook data files across a home network
I have two computers hooked up to a network - a desktop hardwired to my router/modem and a laptop connected wirelessly to the router/modem. I run Outlook on the desktop to download and access all my emails and contacts, but i'd also like to be able to access all this data on my laptop. Basically, i want to synchonise my email and contacts on both machines in real time. Is there any way to do this? I have never found a way to do this with stand-alone Microsoft products over the last 6 years (unless you install an Exchange Server!). There are a few aftermarket solutions like ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I use Excel or Access or a combination of both to track an.
I would like to come up with a posting journal using either Excel or Access or a combination of both to track the dues of a non-profit organization. In using this I want to keep track of outstanding balance. I want to be able to use Word to prepare an invoice that I can either mail to the address or e-mail. I would like for the balance adjusted as each payment is made. Once all dues are paid then show it as paid in full. Thanks, Are you familiar with VBA - the office macro language? You can use this to automate word, excel, outlook, access, etc to talk to one another. Your question...

How do I set OOR

Excel and Access merge
Is it possible to take data from Access and link it to Excel? I have two groups that I am working with and one uses Excel and one uses Access and we would like all the data to end up in Excel without having to rekey. Thanks for the help. Todd Try using MsQuery to import the data from Access. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046001c3c961$6d9f6840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to t...

Set Focus

Access Viewer 10-11-06
I have been given an MS Access file (no idea which version), but I don't have MS Access. Is there a viewer or another program I can use to open it? Thanks! Other than "MDB Viewer", that is. In Disguise wrote: > I have been given an MS Access file (no idea which version), but I don't > have MS Access. > > Is there a viewer or another program I can use to open it? > > Thanks! If you talking about an actual appcation developed with ms-access, then there is not a view. For data, you can import it into word, excel.... Every single copy of windows ship...