Seperate Email for each record

I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customers.
I would like to send an email to each customer with the information in their
individual record.  Is it possible to do this in access so that I do not have
to individually create each email?  Here is the basic set-up of what I am
trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in brackets:

TO: [email]

Dear [Contact Name],
We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all our
customers.  Would you please check the information below and get back to us
as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes have
occured.

Contact Name: [Contact Name]
Phone Number:  [Phone]
Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can loop through a recordset and build the email (to, cc, body etc...)
in code.

Take a look at our email module it is designed to allow you to build email
templates (text and html).
http://www.rptsoftware.com/products/email/

We currently use Ostrosoft's smtp component to send the email but you could
switch a few lines of code and send it via Outlook if you like that method
better.

Hope this helps,
Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

"toby131" <toby131@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customers.
> I would like to send an email to each customer with the information in
> their
> individual record.  Is it possible to do this in access so that I do not
> have
> to individually create each email?  Here is the basic set-up of what I am
> trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in
> brackets:
>
> TO: [email]
>
> Dear [Contact Name],
> We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all
> our
> customers.  Would you please check the information below and get back to
> us
> as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes
> have
> occured.
>
> Contact Name: [Contact Name]
> Phone Number:  [Phone]
> Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]

0
Mark
11/18/2009 3:18:44 PM
JSDYN ESTA CON MI HERMANA TIENEN UN NEGOCIO EN TORREMOLINOS SE LLAMA EL
CASCARON Y ESTA EN CALLE PEZ DORADO EL SE HACE PASAR POR MI MADRE MARYCRUZ Y
TODAS LAS NOCHES VIENE A DORMIR A CASA DE MI MADRE EN CALLE JUAN DE LA
ENCINA Y MIENTRS DUERMO NO SE QUE HACE

"toby131" <toby131@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:7242F5F6-9695-460E-BC0A-D5FE480C16F5@microsoft.com...
>I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customers.
> I would like to send an email to each customer with the information in
> their
> individual record.  Is it possible to do this in access so that I do not
> have
> to individually create each email?  Here is the basic set-up of what I am
> trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in
> brackets:
>
> TO: [email]
>
> Dear [Contact Name],
> We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all
> our
> customers.  Would you please check the information below and get back to
> us
> as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes
> have
> occured.
>
> Contact Name: [Contact Name]
> Phone Number:  [Phone]
> Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]

0
erika
11/18/2009 9:00:43 PM
SIEMPRE M E HE PENSADO QUE ERA MI MADRE Y LA ADMIRABA HASTA QUE SE LE
EMPALMO Y NOTE ALGO DURO ENTONCES ME DI CUENTA DE QUE NO ERA' CLARO NO ES
QUE A MI ME GUSTE MIRAR PERO RECONOCERIA A MI MADRE DE LEJOS Y COMO ESTABA
CIEGA CON TANTA MEDICACION Y AUN ASI NOTABA ALGO RARO PUES POR ESO LA MIRABA
TANTO
UN SALUDO
"toby131" <toby131@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:7242F5F6-9695-460E-BC0A-D5FE480C16F5@microsoft.com...
>I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customers.
> I would like to send an email to each customer with the information in
> their
> individual record.  Is it possible to do this in access so that I do not
> have
> to individually create each email?  Here is the basic set-up of what I am
> trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in
> brackets:
>
> TO: [email]
>
> Dear [Contact Name],
> We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all
> our
> customers.  Would you please check the information below and get back to
> us
> as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes
> have
> occured.
>
> Contact Name: [Contact Name]
> Phone Number:  [Phone]
> Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]

0
erika
11/18/2009 9:05:15 PM
You can use Word to do a mail merge using the Access db as the data source.
Word can merge to email. Automating the complete process from Access VBA
code is moderately complex, but doing it manually from Word is very
straightforward.

"toby131" <toby131@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customers.
> I would like to send an email to each customer with the information in
> their
> individual record.  Is it possible to do this in access so that I do not
> have
> to individually create each email?  Here is the basic set-up of what I am
> trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in
> brackets:
>
> TO: [email]
>
> Dear [Contact Name],
> We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all
> our
> customers.  Would you please check the information below and get back to
> us
> as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes
> have
> occured.
>
> Contact Name: [Contact Name]
> Phone Number:  [Phone]
> Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]

0
Paul
11/19/2009 12:14:14 PM
On Nov 18, 9:43=A0am, toby131 <toby...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a Access 2003 database containing contact information for customer=
s. =A0
> I would like to send anemailto each customer with the information in thei=
> individual record. =A0Is it possible to do this in access so that I do no=
t have
> to individually create eachemail? =A0Here is the basic set-up of what I a=
> trying to send, with the fields that I need to be record specific in brac=
kets:

> TO: [email]
>
> Dear [Contact Name],
> We are working to ensure we have the correct contact information for all =
our
> customers. =A0Would you please check the information below and get back t=
o us
> as soon as possible to let us know whether it is correct or if changes ha=
ve
> occured.
>
> Contact Name: [Contact Name]
> Phone Number: =A0[Phone]
> Address: [Address], [City], [State], [Zip]

This is a feature that's part of our Total Access Emailer program.
Total Access Emailer lets you reference fields from your data source
in each email so you can personalize each message.  Fields can also be
referenced in the subject line, attachments, etc.  You can also attach
filtered data and reports for each recipient so they only get their
data.

More info here: http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/Email.asp

A free demo is available here: http://www.fmsinc.com/Products/Emailer/conft=
rial.asp

Good luck!

Luke
FMS, Inc.
http://www.fmsinc.com

0
LukeChung

To copy an email into a folder on different Server, but keep date
Hi, I need to take an email on Outlook 2007 and 'save' into onto another server. I realise I can copy~paste, but this shows a 'modified' date as the current date of this copy. But I want to show the 'created' date of the original email!!! Thus othe users can see the date order of these emails, rather than a plethora of emails all with the same 'copy' date. Kind regards, Dave Hi Dave, You can use the Export feature in Outlook, Export it into a .pst file and afterwards import it into the new account :) Then you will get all your data + i...

Help with seperating data?
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows a way of seperating chunks of data into specific lines. i.e: THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conservative href="1072-6American Cowboy href="6035-6American Handgunner href="3343-6American Heritage href="2498-4American Heritage of Invention & Technology BECOMES THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conse...

Re: Email multiple reports
<david.tickle8@virginmedia.com> wrote in message news:... > > > "Chipgiii" <Chipgiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:32E05973-24A1-4456-BC94-3052CFE85FB4@microsoft.com... >> I have a situation where I have three separate reports in by file. I can >> only send one at a time (usually send as PDF). Is there a way I can send >> all >> three in the same email? >> -- >> Thanks, >> Chip > <david.tickle8@virginmedia.com> wrote in message news:e0UPumZtKHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP...

Auto Email tabed worksheet?
I have an excel file that tracks leave time. For each employee there is a seperate tab that tracks their hours What I need to do is automatically email each employee just their sheet. I can do it manually by File->Send to->email from each tab but that's boaring... What I need is a "button" I can push to send out each tab individually. Can anyone point towards a solution? Should I look at mail merge? Macros, or dive right into VBA? Thanks. Hi See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm You can use http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail5.htm Or only for Out...

Cancel email while sending
Hi, I use Outlook 2000 SP3 (Workgroup version). While a mail is being sent, I am unable to cancel it. How do I do this? Thanks. if it's actually being sent, you can't cancel it. You can try crashing outlook and depending on where it is in the sending process, you might be able to stop it from being sent. if you really mean to ask "I have a message that can't be sent, how do I delete it?" See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visu...

Weird meeting accepted email date
Recently we found that 1 particular individual's accepted meeting email reply has a sent date of 12/31/1969 7:00PM. It has happened twice in the past week. This meeting accepted email reply was sent from a Blackberry. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks. In news:D3EA6D5C-4FCC-4057-AB63-9791839B7ED1@microsoft.com, wli2k2 <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Recently we found that 1 particular individual's accepted meeting > email reply has a sent date of 12/31/1969 7:00PM. It has happened > twice in the past week. This meeting accepted email re...

Using OE as default email client for MS Word
I was running MS Word only, using Outlook Express as my email program. I installed MS Outlook, mainly to use the calendar feature. I set OE as my default email program (in IE Internet Options), but everytime I right-click on a Word document and use "Send To - Mail Recipient," it starts Outlook instead of Outlook Express. The main problem is that it doesn't give me the option of pulling from my OE Address Book. How can I resolve this? And please don't suggest that I use Outlook for email, although I know that is the overall best way. This computer is my dad's,...

Masking the sent from field with a seperate domain?
We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to download email from various seperately hosted domains and route the email to the correct client. Our users have noticed that any email they send shows the recipient the local domain in the sent from field. We need to mask it to say that it come from a different domain... for example one of the domains that we use to download email from using the pop3 connector. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jackie Jackie wrote: > We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to > down...

reacquiring old emails
I just bought a new computer. I transferred everything from my old hard drive to a folder on the new one. I installed Microsoft Office and set up Outlook Express as I had it on the old computer but I forgot to export my old emails (inbox, outbox, etc.) from the old computer before I wiped the hard drive clean. However, I do have the Microsoft Office folder from the old hard drive on my new computer's hard drive. Is there some way to retrieve my old email (i.e. dragging a file or folder, or some other method) other than the export process? I lost some really important info if ...

Yahoo spam emails
I am regularly receiving spam emails from my email address with no contact name to reply to, requesting personal details. How do spam users manage to set up the same email address as a yahoo user? They spoof it. Since you are not going to send yourself an e-mail, simply add your address to the blocked senders. Maggie wrote: > I am regularly receiving spam emails from my email address with no contact > name to reply to, requesting personal details. How do spam users manage to > set up the same email address as a yahoo user? That's not particularly helpful, B...

Seperators
Hi I hope that someone can help? I have been sent a work book where several columns have data seperations between words as follows: "UK Pounds" The data appears to have a square box in between the "UK" and the "Pounds" Please can you advise a quick way to change the format in all columns in the worksheet Saved from a previous post: Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Since you do see a box, then you can either fix it via a helper cell or a macro: =substitute(a...

How to foward to external email account?
I know how to use the foward feature but it only lets you pick addresses fron AD. We would like to create a distribution list where one of the members is an outside sales rep and he has his own email address(not through our exchange server). How can I foward mail to his external address. The other members of the dist. group all reside on our exchange server and they work fine. Thank You you need to create a contact from AD Users & Computers, assign him an email address and then select that person as the forward to "steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't Send, Delete, Archive or Move my emails!
Any changes i make to Archive and Auto Archive do not save either. Any ideas? Tah! J. ...

Sending delayed email messages
When specifying an email message be sent on a certain date and time, does the user have to be logged into Outlook in order for the message to be sent on the specified date and time? This question applies for Outlook 2002 and it resides on a server. Yes, Outlook must be open for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ronnie asked: | When spe...

Importing Outlook Email into Windows Live Mail
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win 7. In XP Pro, I was using Outlook 2003 but upgraded to Outlook 2007 as my email program of choice for Win 7. I would like to try Windows Live Mail (WLM), since Outlook Express is now dead, and I don't have a newsreader program anymore. My problem is, I cannot find out how to import my saved email and contact database into WLM. When I made the switch from XP to Win 7 & Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 automatically inported everything for me, so the transition was smoth. Has anyone made this transition from either Outook...

How do I add blinking words to my email?
In the old version on Outlook, I would go to Font and there was a separate tab for Affects. The new version does not have this tab and the Live Interactive training does not allow to go into this depth. What new version are you using? "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3412A18-CF90-487F-9DA5-DA4D0B9CF1D6@microsoft.com... > In the old version on Outlook, I would go to Font and there was a separate > tab for Affects. The new version does not have this tab and the Live > Interactive training does not allow to go into th...

Is someone reading my email?
Hi Is there any way of knowing whether my emails are being read, particularly by those with administrative privileges? If they are, is there any way to stop it happening? Thanks Dave No and no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dave asked: | Hi | | Is there any way of knowing whether my emails are being read, | particularly by those with administr...

Counting Records after filtering by feilds
I am working on a project that will create a report to count the number of open work orders (records that have their opendate field with in a date range given), close work orders (records that have their closeddate field with in the same date range given earlier) and pending work orders (records that do not have an entry in the closed date field). I don't know how to (a) prompt the user for a given date range, im thinking of maybe using a form interface? Is it possible for me to have a calander button to click to select a date from there? and (b) To count the what was previously describe...

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

merge results of many records on one page
I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report writing tool. I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail merge from Access or Excel as the data source. Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with a ..5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34. With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text box top and bottom margin to zero. Do some experime...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

Displaying From option when replying to email or in new email. #2
I have several accounts set up in Outlook 2003. I want the From option to appear to display my email account which is being used to send new or reply email. I also want to display emails recieved ordered by recieving email account. I don't know which email message was sent to which of my email accounts. I want to thank all who will reply to this question. how about a rule applied to all incoming email directing the email to folders named for the accounts... "Paul Anderson" <Paul Anderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51592704-C63B-405A-B2C1-571C2...

have 3 pieces of data in a cell seperated by a comma. How can I isolate the middle piece of data?
I've imported a large file of data that is basically three columns of data each seperated by a comma. (I could not figure out how to import them into a new spreadsheet so that each piece of data was automatically put into it's own column - but that is a different question) How can I do a "search replace" that will delete all of the data up to the firts comma? Then I would want to delete the data after the second comma in order to isolate the middle portion of data? Here is an example of the data: "10302003-12445","17.99","xyz21" Is there a be...