sendobject, emal bcc recipients from field

Hello all,
     I am not a programmer, although I have been picking things up
along the way, so if any of my explanations sound rudimentary I
apologize in advance.

    I have designed a database to keep track of my students, each
student record includes things like a Student ID (primary key),
firstname, lastname, email address, and various other contact
information.  I want to be able to have a control on my form which
allows me to email my students with the click of a button.  I am using
the SendObject function to open a new email, I then select
acSendNoObject.  What I want to be able to do is automatically fill in
the bcc field (not the "to" field since I do not want my students
having every other person's email) with information from my table of
students.  Their emails are stored in the field "Email-Student".  I
also would like to restrict the recordset based on the value of
another field "Emailer" which either has the value "All", "Active", or
"Inactive" in order to be able to email all of my students (former and
current), my current students only, or only the students I have had in
the past.  I figure that I would have to use an If,ElseIf function to
get this done.
     The biggest problem I have is inserting the email addresses of my
students into the bcc field.  I have searched online and have yet to
be able to figure it out.  Below is a portion of the code I have
written (not very much, I know).  Any information would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

    If Me.Emailer = "Active" Then
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject

0
FrankieNap
4/10/2007 4:01:22 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Your syntax would be DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , , ,
YourEmailAddresses.  Hope that helps!

0
Jeff
4/10/2007 6:25:58 PM
On Apr 10, 2:25 pm, "Jeff L" <jleckr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Your syntax would be DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , , ,
> YourEmailAddresses.  Hope that helps!

but how do i get the email addresses from a field added to the bcc so
that i do not have to type them in manually?

0
FrankieNap
4/10/2007 8:14:09 PM
On Apr 10, 4:14 pm, "FrankieNap" <Frankie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2:25 pm, "Jeff L" <jleckr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Your syntax would be DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , , ,
> > YourEmailAddresses.  Hope that helps!
>
> but how do i get the email addresses from a field added to the bcc so
> that i do not have to type them in manually?

You would need to write some code that would loop through your
addresses and add them to the BCC field.  Something like this:

Dim Recipients as String, qry as string, rst as object

qry = "Select Email from YourDataSourceHere where Emailer = 'Active'
Set rst = currentdb.OpenRecordset(Qry)
rst.movefirst
Do While rst.eof = False
If IsNull(Recipients) then
Recipients = rst!Email
Else
Recipients = Recipients & ";" & rst!Email
End If
rst.MoveNext
Loop

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , , , Recipients

You will need to tweak this so that you use your field names and table/
query name, but that should at least point you in the right direction.

0
Jeff

All fields TAb
I am new to Outlook 2003. In the contacts area using the all fields tab, I want to have a pop u menu in the editable value area of the field. This would assure tha set choices were available to the users. Similar to the title field under the details Tab. Thanks Brad brad@bannersonaroll.co ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't modify the All Fields tab. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide ...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

Populating Sender and Recipient when creating phone call in workflow
The workflow that I have setup creates several call activities throughtout the process. The Recipient name and phone number are not auto-populated. Nor is the Sender info. How have the rest of you overcome this obstacle? ...

Calculated Field in Query
I have the calculated field below in a query. I was expecting to get the results in the query (for this field) formatted as a date. But this is not happening. Can anyone explain why, and suggest solutions? Thanks in advance, Paulo Relevant_Date: IIf([Payment Terms]![Counting From]="Shipment",IIf(IsDate([Orders]![Ex-Factory2]),CDate(DateAdd("d",[Payment Terms]![Payment Days],[Orders]![Ex-Factory2])),""),IIf([Payment Terms]![Counting From]="Invoice",IIf(IsDate([Orders]![DC Received Date]),CDate(DateAdd("d",[Payment Terms]![...

Need help ASAP with SendObject error when emailing report
I have an Access 2002 database which is accessed by multiple users at different locations. The SendObject command, (DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, stDocName, acFormatSNP, stToName & ", ", "John Doe" & ", ", , stMailTxt, , False), is used to email a Snapshot format of reports via Lotus Notes. It has worked fine for the last two years with users running Access 2002 version (10.6501.6817 SP3) and Lotus Notes version 6.5.2. Recently, some users at a remote location have received new pcs which upgraded them to a newer version of Microsoft Office (Access...

if i reply all will a person bcc'd get my reply?
if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? gee wrote: > if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? No, because your e-mail client doesn't get the Bcc header to know what other "blind" copies were sent to recipients other than yourself. Either the sender chose not to divulge the e-mail addresses of all recipients or those recipients requested that their e-mail address be divulged to just anyone the sender wants to send their e-mails. When specifying multiple recipients in the To and/or Cc headers, all those recipients can see (and harvest...

Create field 4 client name that transfers to Bus Time/Exp portal
In GP Dynamics 10 within the Project Accounting Project set up, there is a field for the description of the project, but the line item is limited and can only hold a few words (not enough to hold the client name AND project description). The project number and the brief project description fields transfer over to the Business Time and Expense portal under the project task-list and is viewable by the timekeeper that is entering their timesheet and expense report. It would be more than helpful if the field that contains the client name can transfer over as well, so the timekeeper has th...

Unlisted-recipients
I have recieved email that is addressed to me but in the body of the email it reads to Unlisted-Recipients. I know this mail delivery was part of a big list. I do understand using the BBC option to hide recipients, what I can't figure out is the Unlisted-Recipients part and how my name is the only one in the To: box. Ask the person who sent it to you - are you just curious as to how they did this? Probably a mail merge or a third party list server. Bill Legge wrote: > I have recieved email that is addressed to me but in the > body of the email it reads to Unlisted-Recipients...

Please Help: Querying same field several times for a count in QBE
Hi. I am having no success with a task that I have been given in work. The .csv that is required contains 20 fields and for the most part these fields can be added to the query by double clicking. Where I am completely baffled though is there will be 5 columns within the .csv that are analysis of a field. It's not just a simple double click and add this field to the query. The field in question contains numbers from 0-26. Is it possible to do this.. I want to see results for 0-4 here in column blah, results for 5-7 in the next column , 8-10 here, 11-12 here etc etc.. I have tried add...

sort sent items by recipient?
Just switched to IMAP from POP. Using WLM/W7 and my provider is Sky (webmail provided by googlemail). When I used POP the mail in Sent Items was sorted by recipient and now it's only sorted by sender, ie me. Not very helpful. Any way to change that please? You just click on the column heading to sort on that column. If you are not seeing a recipient column, add it via View (ALT+V), Columns -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "HelBel65" <HelBel65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08297103-8A0E-4001-A2D1-82F2982B2F44@microsoft.com...

BCC #6
I am trying to send e-mail groups as BCC. So far I can only put one name at a time in the BCC field. What am I doing wrong Thanks So you can't click on the BCC button in a new message and choose your distribution list name from your contacts? Pac wrote: > I am trying to send e-mail groups as BCC. So far I can only put one > name at a time in the BCC field. What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks ...

15 character field truncating
This isn't really a question. I just need to explain properly from a more authoritative voice than myself why something is happening to a client. She is entering a 15 digit character in excel (all numbers). It is truncating it down to a few numbers plus that e+ thing. For example entering 153469874563216 becomes 1.5437E+14 when the cell is formatted as general or number. I explained as best I could why and to format the cell as text or add a single quote to the beginning, but she said it didn't work for her that way before. She has Word XP and I had several others try and it did...

Autocomplete for "To" field in Outlook?
Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP? Thanks. MP Outlook 2000, no. Outlook 2002, yes: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail Options... > Advanced E-mail options... > Suggest names -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mp" <melpoke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FZb1b.108704$0v4.7676702@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like > feature for the "To:" field in Out...

DL which has TO, CC, BCC seperately listed
Hi Friends, This is a situation. A user needs a DL in such a way that, if somebody sends message to the DL it automatically sends to set of users in the TO field and another set of users in the CC Field and another set of users in the BCC field. We are using Exchange 5.5. Is there any way we can configure in the Server side or any other way around? Please suggest. Many thanks. Sudhar. I've been asked for the same thing.... Please post here if you get a solution......... -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Sudhar" <sudharsan_office@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:13...

Printing an email message without printing recipient info
Outlook 2000 - Emails from govt agencies contain long lists of recipient email addresses. I want to PRINT the email showing only the message and who it came "from" ( but NOT all those it went "to"). Thanks for helping! Highlite desired section, go to print click selection & print. "QP" wrote: > Outlook 2000 - Emails from govt agencies contain long lists of recipient > email addresses. I want to PRINT the email showing only the message and who > it came "from" ( but NOT all those it went "to"). Thanks for helping! ...

Need to change date in field to whatever I want
I have a database for my research. I need to change the date, so that I do not have any restraints on my admissions. I have checked the data field for date of admission and it looks exactly the same in the data field, but for some reason, the date will not allow me to move forward with 2010. I am not sure what to do. Can you please help. This seems to be the only field that does not change to what I need it to change to. I currently am able to use the date for 2010. in other date fields except for one field. Please any suggestions. I am very new in setting or using access. ...

Block specific outbound email recipients
I would like to block outbound mail to a specific recipient. For example: I have a user that likes to use email to chat with her friend. I can block the incoming mail from the friend, but how can I block the outbound mail from my user to her friend? This is on Exchange 2003 standard. I also have Symantec antivirus for exchange and a watchguard firewall. The internal user should still be able to send mail to other external users. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Create a Contact with the friend's address as targetAddress, configure the Contact to not receive email from an...

Compare (2) fields in (1) table
Grettings, I am working on a database analysis and need some assistance on building a specific query. I have an input table that was formed at a previous query that is composed of a few 100 records. In one column field I have "Meter_Number_1" and in the same table in a seperate column field I have "Meter_Number_2" What I need to do is for each row, to identify where the number for "Meter_Number_1" and "Meter_Number_2" are the same. In addition to that, a sperate query will be where they are not the same. I am starting off smal...

SendObject not Working
Every time the SendObject command is executed, the resulting email contains an Excel attachment. The text section of the email should contain the fields defined in my report. Does anyone know why this is happening? Help!!!!!!! Here's the code, user supplies a project start date, combo62 equals a department name, and combo64 equals a project id number. Private Sub Combo62_AfterUpdate() Me.Combo64 = Null Me.Combo64.Requery Me.Combo64 = Me.Combo64.ItemData(0) End Sub Private Sub Combo64_AfterUpdate() With Forms!FRMTEST1 ..SetFocus ..Requery End With End Sub Private Sub Exit_Click() On...

Field Service Installation Failed in GP 8 with Arabic Collation
Hi All, I unable to install the databse schema to any of the database due to field service does not install on Arabic Collation. Anybody has solution. Regards Akber ...

Suggested Recipients not in Address Book
When I type a letter in the To box, a list of recipients is suggested to me, some of them are not in my address book e.g. my Windows Live login email, and I would like to remove this from the list. How can I do it? How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kfc" <kfc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B3E564D-F1E1-4287-ACDD-E0F24E10AB71@microso...

Custom Schema Fields
We have created a custom schema field which we now need to access using the SDK. Does any one know which how to access them using the query class ? AnneB You're field will be treated just like any other field in CRM, once it is published. This query will return all information for the top 100 incidents which have a "mycustomfield" value of a: <fetch page='1' count='100' mapping='logical'> <entity name='incident'> <all-attributes /> <filter type='and'> <condition attribute='mycustomfield' oper...

Simple Field Update?
I have a table in a SQL database (autonumber_id, name, count, extract, points). I have set up a form in an Access front end that looks directly at this linked table and can add/amend/delete records from it. Easy. What I would like to do is automatically populate the points based on the combination of the count and extract fields. These two fields have been set up on the form as tick boxes. How can I do this so that the points field is updated without going down the VB route. Thanks, Mark If points is strictly based on the value of other fields in the same row, you shouldn't be st...

POEmailRecipeint Field in GP10
Hi All, We found that certain fields in PM00300 Vendor Address table has few fields like POEmailsend,POEmailRecipient,POEmailformat,POFaxsend,POFaxformat etc.. We couldnt find any of this field in Vendor address master window. We checked Internet address window it is not there. If anyone can let us know, which window it is available let us know. Regards Amit I don't believe those fields are currently used in Dynamics GP 10.0. Likely added "for future use". patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Suggestion field
Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find. Thanks. You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete. Here is an interesting article that talks about it a bit. Tom http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx "Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.micr...