Selecting specific records

Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select
several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report
with only the fields selected?
--
Lori A. Pong
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about multi-select list box?

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box),
to select
> several items (say employees) and then output this information to a
report
> with only the fields selected?
> --
> Lori A. Pong

0
Larry

Run report on multi selected records.

Set Records Per Page Default
Hi, I'm new to CRM (version 4.0) and have been asked by the boss if it is possible to default the "records per page" option to 250 for all new users rather than the usual 50. I've been through three books now (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Dummies, Step by Step Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0) and while they all mention that 50 is the default, none of them mentions a way of changing that. Does anyone here know of a way of changing the default? Thanks, Tony. As far as I know there is no default setting for all users. -- htt...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Exporting Specification sets in FRX
I'm attempting to export my FRX 6.5 specification sets and am having issues. When I attempt to export any .F32, it shows that there are no Catalogs in the file. I've tried just about every .F32 file on my server and haven't found my reports. Am I going about this process wrong? I'm just going in to FRX, clicking on company and going to specification sets. Then I set the location text box to the proper F32 file. Any clues would be much appreciated! Jeff, I'm not sure if you can't find a report to export, or if once you export the file, you can't find it to imp...

select text in Calendar

Have Stores Create Records in HQ
Is it possible to have the stores databasse create records in the HQ dbase and not the other way around? For eg. Sometimes clients forget when they get new products to create it in HQ then send out to stores. Merci We have a utility to allow you to create an item simultaneousely at store and in HQ. Contact m efor more detail. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm "SIDSolutions" wrote: > Is it possible to have the stores databasse create records in the HQ dbase > and not the other way around? For eg. Sometimes clients forget when they get &g...

programatically insert record
I have a many to many relationship between security clearances and billets. a clearance can be associated with more than one billet and a single billet can be associated with many clearances. That; however, may not have anything to do with my problem. I've built a form that has a listbox that displays the assocaited billets for an employee's clearance. Next to it I put a drop down list box that looks up the list of billets and stores it's value for later use. I've then added an "add" button underneath the drop down list box. What i'd like to do is cho...

Deleting duplicate records 01-21-10
I populated a table using an Append query. I created a duplicate records query using the Wizard. There are 20000 records. Now I need to delete the duplicates out of this query. How do I do that? this may be a duplicate post, im not seeing my first one. anyways, instead of deleting those duplicate records, lets just grab all the records that are not duplicates. (an unmatched query). do a LEFT JOIN from your main table to your duplicate table/query on primary keys. Choose your primary key from the DUPLICATE table, and set the criteria to Is Null. This will pull ALL Recor...

Link select with a blast

Failure to connect to specific mail server
Hi All, We are running Exchange 2003 under SBS 2003 Prem. One of my users is having consistent problems sending email to a server, and it *appears* that the destination server is saying that our exchange server is using an incorrect syntax when transferring the email. I believe that this is not correct - we don't have the issue in general, but I would also like to get a second opinion from someone here who might know more than I do about email. The email domain is: bmw.co.nz Their mail server: smtp.bmw.co.nz Error: The server claims that the email address of the recipient is in...

Counting number of records based on criteria
Hello, (Try again to get the question in the google-groups. Perhaps not pushed on the send button). For counting records as expression in a report in ms.access I'm using =count(*) which shows all records. Now I also want to know how many of them has registered a specific data in a specific field. I'm trying to use =count([Field1]="999") to count how many of the selection reported has registered data 999. This option isn't work. Can somebody give me the correct solution. thanks, Johan The 999 needs to go in the criteria for the query driving the...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Combo Box to display only "active" records
Hi, I have a combo box based on a list of records in table. Overtime I may want to "de-activate" (Employee.Active=No) records in the list so that a user can longer chose it from the list, but I don't want previously selected records from list to be affected. I added a WHERE Employee.Active=Yes condition to the row source. My drop-down list no longer displays inactive records, but when I look at previous entries the record displayed is also blank. How do I only get this to apply to new records being created? Thanks Yes, that's a common scenario, Nancy. One ...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Take Shared records OFFLINE
Does anyone know how to setup the LOCALDATA in the Laptop client to take SHARED records offline? Thanks, Nick You need to modify your offline filters for shared entities. For example, in default filter "My accounts" - remove/modify condition "Owner". Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "Nick Maxwell" wrote: > Does anyone know how to setup the LOCALDATA in the Laptop client to take > SHARED records offline? > > Thanks, > > Nick > > > ...

Problem deleting records
Hi When I try below query; DELETE Table1.* FROM Table2 INNER JOIN Table1 ON Table2.[ID] = Table1.[ID]; I get the error 'Could not delete form specified tables'. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Regards Try a subquery instead of a join. Example: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#DeleteUnmatched -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#m...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...