security- users

hi all
can anyone tell me this..

i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password.

if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can
create,delete tables,create report etc.

if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ??
i prefered  to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other
suggestions are welcome..
thanks
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris
<Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it
until you first download, study, and fully understand the Security FAQ
from microsoft.com

-Tom.

>hi all
>can anyone tell me this..
>
>i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password.
>
>if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can
>create,delete tables,create report etc.
>
>if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ??
>i prefered  to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other
>suggestions are welcome..
>thanks
0
Tom
2/11/2008 1:46:41 PM
As stated by Tom, Access Security is another world unto itself.
For example, you DO NOT want to be the user Admin.
Before starting on Security you want a detailed guide to assist you.  I
would suggest
http://www.geocities.com/jacksonmacd
download the first file – Security Paper by Jack Macdonald. It’s a little
long but it tells you everything you need to know.

Good luck

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris
> <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it
> until you first download, study, and fully understand the Security FAQ
> from microsoft.com
>
> -Tom.
>

> >hi all
> >can anyone tell me this..
> >
> >i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password.
> >
> >if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can
> >create,delete tables,create report etc.
> >
> >if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ??
> >i prefered  to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other
> >suggestions are welcome..
> >thanks

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Cannot add a users mailbox
As an exchange 2003 administrator I am unable to open a mailbox that I have added to my Outlook profile. Other users who are not exchange administrators do not have this problem!! Any help appreciated? Well Exchange 2003 administrators do not have the right "by default" to log on to another mailbox. So unless you added the rights to access this mailbox or gave the administrator account "send as" and "receive as" rights on the mailbox store you would not be able to do this. -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alia...

Disable user to send email out in Exchange 5.5
I would like to configure a mailbox from Exchange 5.5 that only allow a particular mailbox to receive email message but could not send out, no matter send out to internet or internal user. Could anybody show me how to config it, please. Try just setting the limit for send to be like 1k on that mailbox. Each time they try to send it would say they are over the limit. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samp...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Recipient Policy on a Group of users??????
I have approximately 100 users all in one Organizational unit that need a particular email address. The problem i am having is that when i create a group and add the users to that group and then set the recipient policy to apply the email address to the group. The users dont get the email address only the group itself. I have tried all the different types of groups (Distribution, Security, Query based group, etc....) and nothing seems to work. I have seen other post saying specify a custom attribute for the users and search on that. This works with one or two but i have over 100, and i ...

Remote users
Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remote users, i.e. what is the recomended broadband connection speed for users connecting from a remote location and how long will it take to syncronize their data (average user)? To my knowledge, there is not a writeup that covers this. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:22:43 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remo...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

get end user agreement every time i sign on to outlook must accept
must accept end user agreement every time i get on outlook since i downloaded windows 7 and reloaded office 2003 Start Outlook or any other Office 2003 application with administrator privileges once and accept the EULA. For step-by-step instructions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/166 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "accept end user agreement before submitt&qu...

users with same alias
Hi gurus. I have exchange 2000 on a w2k server, I would like to know if the following is possible: I have to domain users (user1 and user2) each one of them has their own primary smtp account. everything works fine, but I need the following I want to give away an email address(xxxx@xxxx.com) and I want that when this email arrives to the exchange, it gets delivered to user1 and user2. I tryied to setup an alias but it does not allow me to create the same alias two different users How can I do this? Thanks gurus Create a UDG with user1 and user 2 as members. Give the smtp address ...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

User access to mailbox
I have one mailbox that a bunch of people need access to. They also need to be able to send emails from this mailbox and look like they are actually the user who owns the mailbox I don't want the On Behalf of message to apear in the body of the email. In an NT 4 domain environment I used to be able to asign the mailbox to a local group with all the users in the group and then all the users were able to access the mailbox and send emails from it. I now have a 2003 Active directory with Exchange 2003 "Shawn Johnson" <sejohnson77@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have one mailbo...

Problem running sub on a User Form
I have a User Form that has (21) check boxes for making the worksheets in the workbook visible or hidden. Also on this User Form there is an Update Control Button that is clicked to transfer the Data from the User Form to the Worksheet. My problem is if the Worksheet is hidden and I try to update the workbook I get an error message. Run_Time Error 1004 Select Method of worksheet class failed The following code works perfect as long as all the worksheets are visable, but once you hide one of the worksheets I get above error message. I am not sure how to code this to check...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Setting up new users
Setting up a new user using Active Directory Users and Computers does not create their e-mail addresses in Exchange 2000. Until recently when I created a new user in Active Directory Users and Computers after 1-2 minutes I could click on the E-mail Address tab and see a CCMail, MS, SMTP and X400 address auto-populated. I’m not quite sure what has changed but when I create new users now even though their mailbox does get created and can be opened using Outlook no addresses are populated. I can manually create the address but this just seems like asking for an extra opportunity to have a...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

one user can't see any free/busy info for other users
I have a user who can't see others free/busy info. Everybody can see her info but when she tries to setup a meeting with individuals (it doesn't matter who), she gets the slashes and "no information available" message. I've checked all of her local calendar options and nothing looks out of place. I've also tried starting Outlook with /cleanfreebusy and /cleanschedplus; no change. Any further suggestions? ...

CRM Users
I have a single user who is repeatedly logged out of CRM throughout the day. I have given her a new Windows XP machine and she continues to have the same problem. Her previous machine was Windows 2000. There is nothing unusual in the event logs. I'm not sure what I should be looking for! ...

The User Profile Hive Cleanup
I have two Windows XP SP3 computer connected through a Rooter. I am the only user on both and I have the same Username and password on both computers. Do I need User Profile Hive cleanup on my computers? It is repeatedly coming up in the Event Viewer which make me think it is slowing down my computer. "tatar" <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message news:#hdcuyc6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have two Windows XP SP3 computer connected through a Rooter. I am the > only user on both and I have the same Username and password on both > computers. Do...

How to hide personal information from unauthorized user?
Hi All, When opening global address list from outlook, you will see all information of these email addresses by clicking "Properties". For example, position, home telephone and mobile etc. How can I hide/control these kind of information against from unauthorized user? Thanks, Tin i think all you can do is not fill them out in the first place. "Tin" <Tin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65AD835F-4E69-44D4-8DA1-A3E7437B33F2@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > When opening global address list from outlook, you will see all > information...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Visual project .user and debug parameters
Hi, I have noticed that when I debug my Windows Mobile application parameters passed to it are stored inside a .user. The problem is when another developper is getting my project he has to modify each project and add manually these parameters. Is there any way of fixing it ? Have you tried adding parameters in the application project properties? I couldn't tell from your message how you were adding the parameters. Tom "mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> wrote in message news:46e80957$0$31569$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I have noticed that when I debu...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...