Search file and within the file

Hi,
I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want
to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria -
any ideas?
If I search for a particular Text, that should check  and matching file name
and also inside the word file.
I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but
nothing helped in a way I want.

I appreciate your valuable time.

Rgds

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Anver,

To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve
using Windows APIs.  I suggest you don't want to do this.

Instead consider upgrading to Windows Vista that has enhanced search
functionality built in.  If you are already using Vista then read up on
searches and tags.

Rod

allowing M05 to convert your file twice!! BAAAD!
In an attempt to resolve some of my problems, I reinstalled MS Money. Now, I already converted my .mny file, however since it installed, it wanted to convert my file without even looking at it (to see it already was). I thought it would; but, it converted it anyway and all of the transactions were backwards (debits = credits and vice versa). That may be why people have wrong entries! ...

converting 1.x database to 2.0 from DOS files
I saved the 1.x database on floppies. Now I need the database again and need to upgrade it. How do I copy the floppies with the 1.x database so that it will work with access 2.0 in an XP pro environment? ...

Searching for Newsgroups

CSV File, change separator sign
I can not change separator sign creating CSV file in office2007 running on XP PRO. I want to have , as separator defalt is ; I have changed in control panel nationals setting but it still does not give me csv fil whit , as separator it keeps give me ; as separator. Can anyone tell me how to solve this. I've run into this myself, and eventually found it fastest just to use NotePad or EditPad. 1. Export your .CSV doc 2. Open it in NotePad 3. CTRL-H to activate Search/Replace feature Search: ; Replace: , 4. Save the .CSV file. -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB...

How do I save a narrated (sound embedded) PPT07 file in SCORM form
I want to allow my company's LMS (Learning Management System) to store, push, and report viewership of narrated (Isound embedded) PPT 2007 files. The LMS has two APIs for content: SCORM 1.2 or AICC. Has anyone found a way to store narrated PPTs (or take intermediate steps) to create SCORM-format output so an LMS can manipulate it? ...

Search & replace in formulae

Excel File Save
I have a problem saving (using save-as) excel files whereby if there is a problem whilst saving (eg. network issue), NO temporary file is created and so I cannot then rename the file. Any suggestions ? ...

Outlook attached .bat file
Is is possible to Open .bat file which is recieved as an attachment in Office 2007 in Windows 7 ?? Please let me know if there is any way to do in Windows 7. Thanks in advance. "Venkat" <Venkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A696865-64A9-44A6-A1D9-7CA1E2BE2359@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to Open .bat file which is recieved as an attachment in > Office > 2007 in Windows 7 ?? > Please let me know if there is any way to do in Windows 7. Sure. Save it to your hard drive, right-click in, and choose Edit. That will open the...

Search engine optimization

attach multiple files to an email
I am trying to send multiple small pdf files from Access 2003 via Outlook to different districts. The problem is, that I don't know the number of attachments -- it varies by district and by date sent. It could be 1 or it could be up to 30. In my email code I tried to loop through a recordset and then keep attaching the files, but it's not working. My code is as follows: Dim cnnLocal as new adodb.recordset Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Set cnnLocal = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "select Path from tblTemp_ToDistrict where DistrictID = " & rsDistrict!OfficeID...

Mirroring excel file content
Hello, I have an excel file with a large amount of data that i need to make accessible to a large number of users in the office. There are also a couple of people who need to be able to edit this file to make changes. The porblem that we have at the moment is that those who only need read only access are currently locking the file from being edited if they open it 1st. I thought the solution might be to copy the data into a separate readable workbook using copy -> paste special -> link which i did by highlighting the entire range of rows. When i paste this into a n...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

What does the .APS file do?
Two files which "clean solution" fails to remove are the .NCB and .APS files created by the compiler. I have to close down VS2005 and remove them manually from time to time and get them regenerated from scratch when things get a bit odd. NCB is, I understand, "intellisense" information. What does APS do? Is there a way of cleaning them from the IDE? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm On Mar 14, 5:37 am, "David Webber" <...

excel VBA

Help Importing Excell Files
Can somebody help me with the below expression? I am getting a syntax error. Much appreciated. Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet (acImport,acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,"DrawingsCurrentRevImport","C: \Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/ PMIVExport.xls",,,) Without even testing or looking up the function I notice a forward slash in your path? "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/PMIVExport.xls" Shouldn't it be "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports\PMIVExport...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

How do you incorporate a PDF file into a publisher file?
Depends on what I want to do with the info. Specifically what are you going to do with the .pdf info? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Betty@HusseyCo" <Betty@HusseyCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84A167CF-0FBD-49F3-A36D-9739D62A1D6F@microsoft.com... > Insert, Object... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Betty@HusseyCo" <Betty@HusseyCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84A167CF-0FBD-49F3-A36D-9739D62A1D6F@mi...

File inaccessable after update
I recently updated my office software to version 11.2.3 and now the only file I have on my computer that is truely critical is corrupted and opens as gibberish! It was password protected and now (since updating) it doesn't even ask for the password and simply opens the file with a message stating "file not loaded completely". I suspect that it is somehow still encrypted and needs the password but Excel doesn't ask anymore. I NEED a way to get back my file. Please help! aaron@sugarfixdesign.com wrote: > I recently updated my office software to version 11.2.3 and now ...

how to convert indesign file to publisher
I have been asked to covert an InDesign file to Publisher so that the reciepient of the Publisher file can add information to the layout. Is there a special way to import the InDesign file. Is this even possible. Thanks, No. About the only thing you can try is a copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphix grl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F28DC9-F2D4-4886-B484-A0810E75329B@microsoft.com... >I have been asked to covert an InDesign file to Publisher so that the > reciepient of the Publisher file can add ...

"trie file open error" in outlook
I am getting the this error message when I open some of my e-mails in outlook "trie file open error" C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\SMARTT~1\Lists\1003 \stocksca.dat: I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. When I open some emails I get the above error. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this message? Both XP pro and Office 2003 are up to date with everything. sosak <sosak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am getting the this error message when I open some of my e-mails in > outlook > > "trie file open error" > > C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...