Runtime Access app errors on close

Hi - I have an application that uses the Access 2002 Runtime.  On two
computers at a customer location, the application runs fine, until the
user tries to close the app.

All forms display, reports run, data can be added and deleted.
However, when the user attempts to close the app, they get the
standard "Microsoft Access has encountered an error and needs to
close", and asking to send a report to Microsoft.

All applicable updates have been applied to the computer.  The
application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and Microsoft Access
runtime has been repaired.  Still the error occurs.  It does not
matter if the user selects the close button on the main form to close
the app, or the close button in Access, the error still occurs.  Every
time.

We cannot recreate the error in our environment, and have searched the
newsgroups to no avail.

Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Cheryl

0
cabrenner
5/23/2007 12:12:11 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

i'd reccomend usiing Access Data Projects if you're developing professional
applications

MDB isn't reliable or predictable enough for real world usage

<cabrenner@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi - I have an application that uses the Access 2002 Runtime.  On two
> computers at a customer location, the application runs fine, until the
> user tries to close the app.
>
> All forms display, reports run, data can be added and deleted.
> However, when the user attempts to close the app, they get the
> standard "Microsoft Access has encountered an error and needs to
> close", and asking to send a report to Microsoft.
>
> All applicable updates have been applied to the computer.  The
> application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and Microsoft Access
> runtime has been repaired.  Still the error occurs.  It does not
> matter if the user selects the close button on the main form to close
> the app, or the close button in Access, the error still occurs.  Every
> time.
>
> We cannot recreate the error in our environment, and have searched the
> newsgroups to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Cheryl

0
Tom
6/25/2007 8:28:08 AM
Ignore this person.  He'll probably go away in a week or two.

"Tom Wickerqueer" <tw@ewu.edu> wrote in message
> i'd reccomend usiing Access Data Projects if you're developing
> professional applications
>
> MDB isn't reliable or predictable enough for real world usage
>

> <cabrenner@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Hi - I have an application that uses the Access 2002 Runtime.  On two
>> computers at a customer location, the application runs fine, until the
>> user tries to close the app.
>>
>> All forms display, reports run, data can be added and deleted.
>> However, when the user attempts to close the app, they get the
>> standard "Microsoft Access has encountered an error and needs to
>> close", and asking to send a report to Microsoft.
>>
>> All applicable updates have been applied to the computer.  The
>> application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and Microsoft Access
>> runtime has been repaired.  Still the error occurs.  It does not
>> matter if the user selects the close button on the main form to close
>> the app, or the close button in Access, the error still occurs.  Every
>> time.
>>
>> We cannot recreate the error in our environment, and have searched the
>> newsgroups to no avail.
>>
>> Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Cheryl

0
BruceM

Turn off access to NVIDIA
We have some children on computers who access NVIDIA and leave the computer with an Inverted screen. When other children try to use the computer they are lost and do not know how to continue. I would like to use a logon script or group policy to prevent executing the desktop right click for a designated user. These computers have XP. On Jun 22, 10:55=A0pm, leejefferies@xxxx wrote: > We have some children on computers who access NVIDIA and leave the > computer with an Inverted screen. =A0When other children try to use the > computer they are lost and do not know how to con...

how do i get a template in MS access for managing employees & payr
Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos, payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration) and generate monthly details for each employee. Dear Isaac, You don't yet realise that what you have described is not a "simple database". Read widely, on how a relational database works. Here's a site where you can find lots of essential basic material: http://www.accessmvp.c...

Listbox Itemdata editable at runtime?
I have a listbox with data populated from a SQL Server 2000 database table. I have a subform that works like editbox for the record selected on the listbox. I am trying to make the listbox values be updated when data is changed and the record is updated from subform. I am doing this in the subform's afterupdate event: Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.Parent.lstORServiceLevelApprovals.ItemData(6, lIndex) = fieldvalue End Sub Here the lIndex is presaved listindex of the listbox in mainform and the fieldvalue is value of the bonded field value on subform same as column 6 of the l...

accessing database through VPN
I have setup a VPN connection and when testing it from home or any other location it is very slow at opening our Access database. As far as I can tell everything else opens as it should but the database takes forever. I have it split and am trying to open the front-end. What could be causeing this and how am I able to improve performance for users when connecting through a VPN? Thank You, Chad It is highly unlikely that you will be able to get this to perform satisfactorily. Connecting an Access front-end to an Access back-end through a VPN is not practicable, the architecture is...

That HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable frustrating error!
I have a new installation of 4 Windows Server 2003 servers with Exchange 2003 running on them. One is a front-end server and the rest are back-end servers. I try to logon to the Outlook Web Access of the front-end and it works only for mailboxes of one of the back-end servers. When I try a mailbox which is on either of the two remaining back-end servers it gives me the famous HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error. If I try to logon directly to the OWA of either of the two back-end severs not working it works fine. I have read lots of newsgroups on the subject but I could not find a solution...

Access is denied
Hi, I got an "Access is denied" problem. I pulled in a web app from Source Safe. Rebuild the solution. Got error: “Could not load file or assembly ProjectA. … Access is denied”. ProjectA is a project, whose build is ok. Then I removed this project. And rebuild the solution. Got error: “Access to the path ‘C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\tcws\46e5479c\984b4dea\g7egxs4m.res’ is denied”. I checked the path. There is no such file. Here I haven't run it yet. I just compiled it. Any help would be highly appreciated! Li ...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ ...

Access 2007 Split Form 01-23-10
Thanks for any help in advance! In the Create Forms Window which gives various Form options to choose from. I selected the Split Form which gives a Form and Data Sheet view. Is it possible to to make the data sheet portion read only forcing the user to use the Form portion to enter data? Looking further into my own question I was able to find the answer. In the forms proprety you can make the data sheet read only. "macamarr" wrote: > Thanks for any help in advance! > In the Create Forms Window which gives various Form options to choose from. > I selected ...

Accessing Contacts for the Rules Wizard
I have just successfully transferred Outlook 2002 files to a new PC with Oulook 2007, and my emails, contacts, calendars etc have all come over OK. I do have the spurious Personal Folders created when Outlook 2007 was first set up, and cannot get rid of it, but that's not the problem. I have renamed it something else, and the Personal Folders I have transferred remain named as such. I have ensured that arriving emails come into the correct Outlloko ..pst file and thus into the correct Personal Folders. My problem is this: I am trying to set up rules for the diversion of ...

Mail Merge Error
When attempting to mail merge through Sales for Outlook Client, I receive an error: "An Error Occurred whiletrying to perform the mail merge." Can someone please shead some light as to why this is happening? Also, is the ability to print a letter while in CRM totally impossible? Mailouts are a big part of our daily function. When I purchased the product, I was told this function was available through CRM. Any help or comments would be appreciated. ...

Access 2007 SQL Pass Through Queries
I have an Access 2003 mdb that I use to connect to a SQL 2005 database. When I open the application in Access 2007 it errors on using SQL pass through queries. I see that pass through queries (amongst other options) have been disabled under Access 2007. However it seems that they are enabled under certain circumstances so I've been trying to get them working by changing the security settings. The queries are still failing after setting the following: - Sandbox Mode to 0 (turn off sandbox mode for all apps) - Applied a recognised Digital Signature - Trusted the Publisher - Trusted the loc...

protection error
I have a problem with protection tool in excel. I set protection to worksheet, but it had not applied to whole sheet. Some parts can still be editing. Why protection does not applied to whole worksheet? How can I fix it? Could you help me please? Thanks, The cells on the sheet that can still be edited are probably not "Locked". Select one of those cells and use Format --> Cells and go to the [Protection] tab. If the check box next to "Locked" is empty, it means that the cell may be edited even when the sheet is protected. "Selen" wrot...

Creating ToolBar at runtime
hai I am Working in VC++ and I need to create Toolbars at Run Time but I have no Idea how to Start and where to look into could any one help me -praveen When you create a doc/view application using the wizard, it creates the code which creates a toolbar at run time. I am not sure if thats what you are asking. If you mean that you need to provide the bitmaps and button info at run time, you can do that as well. Take a look at CToolBar class. It has bunch of methods including setting all properties at run time, including image lists, button info etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra...

My Form is gone. Access doesn't let me import it from other mdb
My Form is gone. Access doesn't let me import it from other mdb Missing Form, Sounds like corruption... http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/symptoms.htm. I would make a back-up, make another back-up and then first try importing everything into a new database. Also, read this article... http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/retrievedata.htm. And after all of that I would finish off with this article... http://allenbrowne.com/ser-25.html and see if any of those circumstances apply to you. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know...

Outlook hangs when accessing CRM records
Hi, We have a user with CRM desktop client, who can use outlook normally, and even view CRM folders and records list. but once she try to open a record (no matter which), outlook freeze and has to be killed via task manager (though it doesn't show any abnormal CPU or memory use). I tried to uninstall and reinstall the client, checked for pop blocker and IE security setting but all seem normal. I should note that this user is able to work with web client form that same computer, and that other users work with their outlook client from their computers with no problem. any help would be appr...

GL Year End Close
Hi We are performing GL Year End Close on eEnterprise 5.5. The computer shows a message of not responding. I have gave it sometime like an hour or so. The computer seems to hang. How can I proceed with my closing. I have already setup and open the next calendar year. Thanks, -- ~pam I would just let it run. I recall the the version you are using would appear non-responsive for most of the process. "Pam" wrote: > Hi > > We are performing GL Year End Close on eEnterprise 5.5. > The computer shows a message of not responding. I have gave it sometime > li...

"Edit List Items" on runtime?
I have some database forms in Access 2007 set up so that when I use a combo box control, a little button shows up at the bottom that says "Edit List Items." When I click this, it opens up the form behind the combo box and lets me add a new item. When I give this form to my coworker using the Access 2007 Runtime though, these Edit List Items buttons don't show up. Is there a way I can make them visible on the runtime? Or an alternative to let them add a new list item? Thanks, Joel ...

can i load bitmap in runtime in MFC?Thanks
I created a Picture control on a dialog and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected BMP to the Picture control? Thanks pcserver wrote: > I created a Picture control on a dialog > and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected > BMP to the Picture control? > > Thanks > > CStatic control is able to show bitmaps. Drop Picture control onto dialog and change its style to bitmap. And with LoadImage function you can load bitmap from file.... look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/transbitma...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...

MS Access + mfc
Hi! I�ve a problem. I create a *mdb file using SQLConfigDataSource. This is ok. But then I want to create a table, always an syntax error occures (ExecuteSQL). CDatabase db; CString statement; SQLConfigDataSource (NULL, ODBC_ADD_DSN, "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)", CREATE_DB=musicdata.mdb") ; db.OpenEx("Driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb); Dbq=musicdata.mdb;", CDatabase::noOdbcDialog | CDatabase::useCursorLib); db.ExecuteSQL("CREATE TABLE data ( Index INTEGER NOT NULL, Artist VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL);"); db.Close(); If I try: db.ExecuteSQL("...

OWA
When user attempts to log off they end up on a page: http://.../exchange/ggdimov/?Cmd=logoff but a message is displayed saying page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500 - Internal server error. How can that be fixed? We have only one exchange 2000 STD server SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 Thanks George MCP 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error Message Occurs When You Log Off or You Use http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318239 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------...

DAO error
When I load certain programs (i.e. Roxio Creator 2009, a program to track diabetes data), I get a series of error messages: 1. "Please wait while Windows configures DAO" 2. A dialog box requesting a location to search for the file 3. "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product DAO...." I ahve had MS Access 2005 installed; I also just installed MS Office 2010 (including Access). I got the message during both periods. The Roxio program seems to work OK without the fix, but it's annoying. How can I make it stop? Thanks a heap, -Zz WinXP...

Error while opening spreadsheets
Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error saying that "A Document with the name "name of the Spreadsheet" is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in defferent folders" Pls help me on this as i hv neither any document of the same name nor am i trying to open one. This might be it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen (From Debra Dalgleish's site) "Bij." wrote: > > Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error > saying that > "A Document with ...

CRM 4.0 Rollup 2.0 error
on installing Rollup Update to one of the clients we received the following errors: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update RoIlup 2 An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.Crm,fileVersion=’4 ..0.7333.1312”,version=’4.0.0.0000”,culture=”neutral”,publicKeyToken=’31BF3856AD364E35”,processorArchitecture=”x86”. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070020. OK & Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update RoIlup 2 Action Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.MspInstallAction Failed. Fatal error during installation, installation continued, any likely...

Sending Mail from Access using Outlook
I have a contact database in A2000 which I have set up to use the SendObject method to send the same e-mail, through O2000, but individually addressed to around 500 contacts on the database. Outlook is run direct from my PC. Having no exchange server, for each of the 500 messages, I get the 'A program is trying to send ...' message and have to click 'Yes'. This then adds around 20-30 minutes to the mailing. Can anyone advise on how this can be done better ? Also the default text is plain text which loses some of the formatting I have set up. Can this also be changed ? TIA, Alan...