Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.

Hi,

I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts.

Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.

I'm having a listing of Associates (employees) in a continuous form from
which I can select an item in a combo box. When this item is selected, a form
pops up. On this form (frmTransferAssociate), there's a cancel button that
the user can click to cancel the operation and it removes what was entered in
the first form's combo box, thus cancelling that it was ever selected.

I've created the following code to access the underlying recordset (a query
based on a table) so that I can erase the selected item from the associate's
record.

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset

    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")

    rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
    If Not rst.NoMatch Then
        rst.Edit
        rst![DayStatusID] = Null
        rst.Update
    End If

    rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing

End Sub

The qlkpCurrentWorkEntry query has the following fields:
WorkEntryID (criteria: Like [Forms]![frmTransferAssociate]![txtWorkEntry])
AssociateID
DayStatusID

All controls and fields seem to be spelled correctly.

Anyone can help?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try:

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Dim parm As DAO.Parameter

    Set db = CurrentDb

    Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
    For Each parm in qdf.Parameters
      parm.Value = Eval(parm.Name)
    Next Parm

    Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts.
>
> Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.
>
> I'm having a listing of Associates (employees) in a continuous form from
> which I can select an item in a combo box. When this item is selected, a
> form
> pops up. On this form (frmTransferAssociate), there's a cancel button that
> the user can click to cancel the operation and it removes what was entered
> in
> the first form's combo box, thus cancelling that it was ever selected.
>
> I've created the following code to access the underlying recordset (a
> query
> based on a table) so that I can erase the selected item from the
> associate's
> record.
>
> Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
>
>    Dim db As DAO.Database
>    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
>
>    Set db = CurrentDb
>    Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
>
>    rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
>    If Not rst.NoMatch Then
>        rst.Edit
>        rst![DayStatusID] = Null
>        rst.Update
>    End If
>
>    rst.Close
>    Set rst = Nothing
>
> End Sub
>
> The qlkpCurrentWorkEntry query has the following fields:
> WorkEntryID (criteria: Like [Forms]![frmTransferAssociate]![txtWorkEntry])
> AssociateID
> DayStatusID
>
> All controls and fields seem to be spelled correctly.
>
> Anyone can help?

0
Douglas
12/5/2007 4:11:10 PM
I'm not getting the error message anymore but it doesn't clear the field like
it's supposed to.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Try:
>
> Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
>
>     Dim db As DAO.Database
>     Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
>     Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
>     Dim parm As DAO.Parameter
>
>     Set db = CurrentDb
>
>     Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
>     For Each parm in qdf.Parameters
>       parm.Value = Eval(parm.Name)
>     Next Parm
>
>     Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset
>
>     rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
>     If Not rst.NoMatch Then
>         rst.Edit
>         rst![DayStatusID] = Null
>         rst.Update
>     End If
>
>     rst.Close
>     Set rst = Nothing
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts.
> >
> > Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.
> >
> > I'm having a listing of Associates (employees) in a continuous form from
> > which I can select an item in a combo box. When this item is selected, a
> > form
> > pops up. On this form (frmTransferAssociate), there's a cancel button that
> > the user can click to cancel the operation and it removes what was entered
> > in
> > the first form's combo box, thus cancelling that it was ever selected.
> >
> > I've created the following code to access the underlying recordset (a
> > query
> > based on a table) so that I can erase the selected item from the
> > associate's
> > record.
> >
> > Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
> >
> >    Dim db As DAO.Database
> >    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
> >
> >    Set db = CurrentDb
> >    Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
> >
> >    rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
> >    If Not rst.NoMatch Then
> >        rst.Edit
> >        rst![DayStatusID] = Null
> >        rst.Update
> >    End If
> >
> >    rst.Close
> >    Set rst = Nothing
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > The qlkpCurrentWorkEntry query has the following fields:
> > WorkEntryID (criteria: Like [Forms]![frmTransferAssociate]![txtWorkEntry])
> > AssociateID
> > DayStatusID
> >
> > All controls and fields seem to be spelled correctly.
> >
> > Anyone can help?

You sure the code to set the field Null is actually being executed?

--

> [...]
>> > record.
>> >
>> > Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
>> >
>> >    Dim db As DAO.Database
>> >    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
>> >
>> >    Set db = CurrentDb
>> >    Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
>> >
>> >    rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
>> >    If Not rst.NoMatch Then
>> >        rst.Edit
>> >        rst![DayStatusID] = Null
>> >        rst.Update
>> >    End If
>> >
>> >    rst.Close
>> >    Set rst = Nothing
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > The qlkpCurrentWorkEntry query has the following fields:
>> > WorkEntryID (criteria: Like
>> > [Forms]![frmTransferAssociate]![txtWorkEntry])
>> > AssociateID
>> > DayStatusID
>> >
>> > All controls and fields seem to be spelled correctly.

0
Douglas
12/5/2007 6:44:21 PM
Alright... It is working. The problem was that it didn't find anything as the
record wasn't saved yet. So I added code to save the record before opening
frmTransferAssociate. When clicking Cancel, the code finds the record and
deletes the content of DayStatusID.

But because the combo box still contains the selected item value in the
form, I get a write conflict. How can I clear or undo the combo box which is
in a subform.

Main form: frmTLModule
Subform: fsubProduction
Combo box: cboStatus

Thanks.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You sure the code to set the field Null is actually being executed?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not getting the error message anymore but it doesn't clear the field
> > like
> > it's supposed to.
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Try:
> >>
> >> Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
> >>
> >>     Dim db As DAO.Database
> >>     Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
> >>     Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
> >>     Dim parm As DAO.Parameter
> >>
> >>     Set db = CurrentDb
> >>
> >>     Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qlkpCurrentWorkEntry")
> >>     For Each parm in qdf.Parameters
> >>       parm.Value = Eval(parm.Name)
> >>     Next Parm
> >>
> >>     Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset
> >>
> >>     rst.FindFirst ("AssociateID = " & Me.txtAssociateID)
> >>     If Not rst.NoMatch Then
> >>         rst.Edit
> >>         rst![DayStatusID] = Null
> >>         rst.Update
> >>     End If
> >>
> >>     rst.Close
> >>     Set rst = Nothing
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>

> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If the record isn't saved, why do you have to update anything? Simply use
Undo on the control.

--

> Alright... It is working. The problem was that it didn't find anything as
> the
> record wasn't saved yet. So I added code to save the record before opening
> frmTransferAssociate. When clicking Cancel, the code finds the record and
> deletes the content of DayStatusID.
>
> But because the combo box still contains the selected item value in the
> form, I get a write conflict. How can I clear or undo the combo box which
> is
> in a subform.
>
> Main form: frmTLModule
> Subform: fsubProduction
> Combo box: cboStatus
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You sure the code to set the field Null is actually being executed?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not getting the error message anymore but it doesn't clear the
>> > field
>> > like
>> > it's supposed to.

0
Douglas
12/5/2007 8:13:34 PM
Thanks a lot for your help Douglas... I finally got it to work!

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> If the record isn't saved, why do you have to update anything? Simply use
> Undo on the control.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Alright... It is working. The problem was that it didn't find anything as
> > the
> > record wasn't saved yet. So I added code to save the record before opening
> > frmTransferAssociate. When clicking Cancel, the code finds the record and
> > deletes the content of DayStatusID.
> >
> > But because the combo box still contains the selected item value in the
> > form, I get a write conflict. How can I clear or undo the combo box which
> > is
> > in a subform.
> >
> > Main form: frmTLModule
> > Subform: fsubProduction
> > Combo box: cboStatus
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You sure the code to set the field Null is actually being executed?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Present Value of One Time Payment N Years in Future
How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years in the future? -- Will On Jun 10, 9:23 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote: > How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years > in the future? Suppose the future value is $100,000 in 20 years. You need to know the annual "rate" -- an interest rate, average growth rate, or a discount rate. Suppose it is 5%. Then the present value is: =pv(5%, 20, 0, -100000) I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file back to a...

CRM 1.0 Crystal Print report error
Hi I am trying to use the builtin crystal reports and every report is coming back with the below error any advice on how to solved this? Regards J Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: CRMSERVER.pageserver] You may need to restart your Crystal Services on your application server: You can accomplish this via the following stepsL 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and click Crystal Con...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

run time error 10-22-03

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

A spreadsheet model to estimate waiting times?
Hi All I am trying to develop a simple model to estimate (predict) waiting times (medical context) based on the following input data: IR, input rate (i.e. number of requests for test x received per week). In other words, demand. OR, output rate (i.e. number of appointment slots available per week). In other words, capacity. The build-up of patients waiting (waiting list, WL) is fairly easy to calculate (I think!), so long as the IR and the OR remain constant: WL=(OR/(IR/OR)+WN), where WN is the week number that the test request is received, but the waiting time itself (in weeks) is trickier, ...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but
...how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? The existing salvage utils appear to only work on .mny files. Many thanks! In microsoft.public.money, [ice] wrote: >..how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? Corrupt in the sense that Money says it is corrupt? I don't see any hope. Corrupt in the sense that the OS cannot read the media correctly and gets CRC errors? There are data recovery services that might be able to help you. Sometimes a different drive on another computer can read that floppy that you machine won't. Write-protect that floppy now. Copy what you can from each of the ...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

Money 2002 will not run

column 2 to transpose using column 1 as reference
Hello... please help with solution. col1 col2 col1 col2 col3 col4 1001 1001 to 1001 1001 1002 1003 1001 1002 1004 1004 1005 1006 1001 1003 1004 1004 1004 1005 1004 1006 crosstab query wizard Pieter "Mike Fong" <MikeFong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D162E5AF-CEAE-4E83-AE20-251F6809018D@microsoft.com... > Hello... please help with solution. > > col1 col2 col1 col2 col3 col4 > 1001 1001 to 1001 1001 10...

Changing an axis to show time with hour intervals
I am trying to create a chart from a spreadsheet of data that has 3 years and all 12 months. Each month has different days and different times where data was pulled. What I want to do is create a chart with all the months in the data and have the axis showing time intervals of an hour each starting from 12:00am-12:00am with the hours in between 12:00am, 1:00am, etc). Can anyone help me? I have tried using the scale under the format axis tab but can't figure out how to show time in intervals. Thanks. If your combined date and time is in A2, use =MOD(A2,1) to get just the time, and ...

Error when deleting mail from outlook
I'm getting an error saying ERROR UNKNOWN when deleting mail from outlook. Please, Please Help KidoL ...

Word error prevents its use as Outlook editor
I have Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 from Office XP Professional. If I start with a freshly rebooted system, open Outlook, and try to reply or forward an email, it tries to open it in Word, but says that Word is busy or cannot be found. I can even shut down Word in the Task Manager and try it again, yet the same thing happens. Once I do this and shut down Outlook, Word continues to run in the background (on Task Manager or refusing to shut down). As long as i do not try to reply or forward a message, none of this occurs. what can i do to correct this??? I tried to repair and restore from with...