Run-time error -2147467259 (800004005) when opening PPt from Access 03

HiI have made a system for someone. There is a button in the Acces db toopen a Power Point slide with this code.Private Sub Print_Certificate_Click()Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")  objPPT.Visible = True  Set objPresentation = objPPT.Presentations.Open("C:\Documents andSettings\Stel\My Documents\Cavy\Sponsorship pack\Sponsors\SponsorshipCertificate.ppt")End Subwhich has always worked perfectly on my computer. Now they've tried iton their computer and it opens PP (but not the slide) and comes upwith this error messageRun-time error -2147467259 (800004005). The only other ref I've foundto this error on here is when there are more than 100 records, butthis can't affect opening a power point slide can it? I am unsure howmany records are now in the db since it has been installed on theircomputer, but I doubt it's that many. The file is correctly installedin the destination folder.Please can someone suggest why it will open PP, but not the file?Thank you!
0
Ultraviolet47
3/4/2007 12:44:34 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do they have PP on their computer?"Ultraviolet47" <ultraviolet47@btinternet.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:1173012274.095262.230200@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...> Hi>> I have made a system for someone. There is a button in the Acces db to> open a Power Point slide with this code.>> Private Sub Print_Certificate_Click()> Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")>  objPPT.Visible = True>  Set objPresentation = objPPT.Presentations.Open("C:\Documents and> Settings\Stel\My Documents\Cavy\Sponsorship pack\Sponsors> \SponsorshipCertificate.ppt")> End Sub>> which has always worked perfectly on my computer. Now they've tried it> on their computer and it opens PP (but not the slide) and comes up> with this error message>> Run-time error -2147467259 (800004005). The only other ref I've found> to this error on here is when there are more than 100 records, but> this can't affect opening a power point slide can it? I am unsure how> many records are now in the db since it has been installed on their> computer, but I doubt it's that many. The file is correctly installed> in the destination folder.>> Please can someone suggest why it will open PP, but not the file?>> Thank you!>
0
iso
3/4/2007 2:32:34 PM
Yes, PP 2003 same as me, PP opens, just not the specified file?
0
Ultraviolet47

Present Value of One Time Payment N Years in Future
How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years in the future? -- Will On Jun 10, 9:23 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote: > How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years > in the future? Suppose the future value is $100,000 in 20 years. You need to know the annual "rate" -- an interest rate, average growth rate, or a discount rate. Suppose it is 5%. Then the present value is: =pv(5%, 20, 0, -100000) I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file back to a...

CRM 1.0 Crystal Print report error
Hi I am trying to use the builtin crystal reports and every report is coming back with the below error any advice on how to solved this? Regards J Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: CRMSERVER.pageserver] You may need to restart your Crystal Services on your application server: You can accomplish this via the following stepsL 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and click Crystal Con...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

How do you escape from Access Calendar.
Hi, I using Access' active x calendar control in Access within XP Office pro. The code is working fine, but how do I escape from the calendar if I accidently click on my date field? My code is setup to dispaly the calendar control when I click on the date field. When I click on a date on the calendar, I get the date, assign it to my field, make the calendar invisible, and set focus on my date field. My question is, how do I exist the calendar if I click on the date field by mistake. I tryed to check for the Escape key in the KeyDown event for the Calendar, the KeyDo...

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

run time error 10-22-03

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

New accounts cannot access their mailbox
Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox if you check there "email address" tab in ad the do not receive any email addresses. We have tried loading the latest service packs and patches and rebuilt/reload the RUS but without any success Thanks Kris In news:8A0CEDE8-B192-4278-82EA-85967166E324@microsoft.com, luckr01 <luckr01@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we > create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox i...

A spreadsheet model to estimate waiting times?
Hi All I am trying to develop a simple model to estimate (predict) waiting times (medical context) based on the following input data: IR, input rate (i.e. number of requests for test x received per week). In other words, demand. OR, output rate (i.e. number of appointment slots available per week). In other words, capacity. The build-up of patients waiting (waiting list, WL) is fairly easy to calculate (I think!), so long as the IR and the OR remain constant: WL=(OR/(IR/OR)+WN), where WN is the week number that the test request is received, but the waiting time itself (in weeks) is trickier, ...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but
...how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? The existing salvage utils appear to only work on .mny files. Many thanks! In microsoft.public.money, [ice] wrote: >..how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? Corrupt in the sense that Money says it is corrupt? I don't see any hope. Corrupt in the sense that the OS cannot read the media correctly and gets CRC errors? There are data recovery services that might be able to help you. Sometimes a different drive on another computer can read that floppy that you machine won't. Write-protect that floppy now. Copy what you can from each of the ...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

Money 2002 will not run

Fatal Error
I have a Dell laptop - all of a sudden received a Fatal Error message - Right now I am using my Desktop and trying to find a solution - Thanks for any help. Call Dell Support Sorry, this is a Great Plains discussion group. "Ginnie" <Ginnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5BEFC1F-9E53-48F7-8B7E-DB51491942EB@microsoft.com... >I have a Dell laptop - all of a sudden received a Fatal Error message - >Right > now I am using my Desktop and trying to find a solution - Thanks for any > help. Sorry - thought the GP was General Public "MichaelG&...

Custom time format
I would like to use a single format for a couple of situations. "12:00:55.99 AM" should return ":55.99" Currently I am using "\:ss.00" "12:01:55.99 AM should return "1:55.99" Currently I am using "[m]:ss.00" Is there a single format that I can use for both of these situations? Thanks, Horatio How about: [>0.000694444444444444][m]:ss.00;\:ss.00 0.000694444444444444 = 1/24/60 = 1 minute "Horatio J. Bilge" wrote: > > I would like to use a single format for a couple of situat...