Resetting Autonumber field

Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Compacting a database with an empty table will do that

Pieter

"Firz" <Firz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table?

0
Pieter
9/19/2007 6:43:46 AM
Compact and repair will do it.

--
"Loose Change 2nd Edition" has been seen by almost 7 million people on
Google video

"Firz" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table?
You've already received a couple of answers. I'd just like to ask why do you
care? An Autonumber is a meaningless value that provides an (almost
guaranteed) unique value that can be used as a primary key. 3356,3358, 3359
serves that need just as well as 1, 2, 3. No meaning or significance should
ever be attached to the value of the Autonumber field. It's usual not to let
the users even see the value of the autonumber field.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Firz" <Firz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table?

0
Douglas
9/19/2007 11:04:25 AM
    As Mr. Steele indicated, being interested in what numbers are using in
an autonumber field is a red flag.  Autonumbers are not for human
consumption. They should not be considered as a reliable source of
consecutive numbers.  There are better ways of providing consecutive numbers
using the DMax function.

--
Joseph Meehan

 Dia 's Muire duit

"Firz" <Firz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table?

0
Joseph

Reset list
In Outlook2002 I can go to File, Open..., Other users folders... How can I reset that list so that it is empty? I have tried to delete the nk2-file but that didn�t seem to have any influence here. Regards Anette Open a lot of folders from someone else untill they are starting to fall of the list ;-) By recreating your e-mail profile the list will be gone. All info regarding this is kept in the registry; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] Note that this key has never been created for manually editing so back-up the ke...

Export file to CSV delimited with fixed field length
Hi there! I have an Excel file with a series of fields, each in one column. What I need to do is determine a fixed length for each of these fields, so that when I export this file to a CSV file, I get a file in which each column has exactly the same fixed length. For example, if my Excel file contains: A B C 1234 ABC21 1234 and I want fields to have these fixed lengths: A - 5 B - 6 C - 4 my CSV file should contain: 1234 ;ABC21 ;1234 Any easy way of accomplishing this? I tried custom cells but when exporting, I lose the information. Thanks in advance. One way: http://www.mcgimp...

Calculated field to group numbers
I have a dataset that includes a field called Pymnt Days...data in the field represents the number of days that transpire between date of service and payment date. I would like to create a new field -- Pymnt Group -- that groups values in the Pymnt Days field. For instance, if the value in Pymnt Days is between 0 and 45, then the value in Pymnt Group would be 1; if the value in Pymnt Days is between 46 and 90, the value in Pymnt Group would be 2; etc., etc. Is there a formula I might create in an update query that would calculate the value for Pymnt Group? Thanks for any...

Populating the contactid field of the OpportunityBase table
I need to the ability to add the contact to the opportunity. I noticed that the OpportunityBase table has a contactID field. However I am not able to add this field to the Opportunity Form. How can I populate this field without using any kind of Query Tool? I have CRM 1.2. Thank You, --Jeff Actually I worded the above question incorrectly. I know that when you go to add the Customer you can add either an accoutid or a contactid. However, I would like to be able to add both since the cotactid will represent a Channel Partner and the AccoutID will represtent the actual account. Thank Y...

Ranking based on Multiple Data Fields
I am trying to Rank a field based on multiple sort criteria. My query sorts correctly, but the Ranking assignments are not correct. Could someone please review my SQL query and let me know how to correct this problem? I need to sort Descending by [Type2] AS WELL AS Descending by [Ext B/O] I used the following to assign my [Type2] field data: Type2: IIf([All BO]>=100 And [Host DN]>=20000,3,(IIf([Host DN]>=20000,2,(IIf([All BO]>=100,1))))) I am currently using the following to create my Ranking: Rank: (SELECT Count([VT].[Ext BO]) FROM [tmp_tbl_Chart5a_1]...

Outlook 2003 Message column headers keep resetting
I keep seeing the column headers in the messsages pane reset to their Inbox defaults. This is really frustrating when I want to find an email I've sent as the To & Sent fields keep disappearing, to be replaced by the From & Received fields! Changing these back via the field chooser is both annoying & tedious - is there anyway to fix this issue? Create a new custom view with the layout you desire and switch between the default and the new one to change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Wi...

Copy 2 fields from subform into new form
Hi, Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and paste them into a new form via a command button. Many thanks in advance Charlotte On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:22:01 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and >paste them into a new form via a command button. > >Many thanks in advance > >Charlotte You'll have to give us a bit more context, I'm afraid! Are you working on the *design* of a form? or copyin...

Merge an alpha field and a numeric field
I would like to merge an alpha field with a numberic field. Not sure it this is possible. Thanks How do you want to merge them - put the 2 results into another cell? Then you can use =A1&B1 (assuming the alpha & numeric fields are in A1 & B1!) Do you mean Merge Cells? If 2 cells both contain data, then merging them will only keep the data in the upper left cell. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "grams" wrote: > I would like to merge an alpha field with a numberic field. Not sure it this > is possible. > > Thanks Try =concatenate(a1,b2) "grams" wrote:...

reset
the mail incoming to irene ...

Updating data in fields
Hi, I have several thousand records in MS CRM (leads and accounts), which contain fields like annual turnover, number of employees etc. In 12 months time the information in such fields will be out of date and I need to be able to up date these fields from an external source so that we can continually target our marketing activity based on fields like turnover, number of employees etc. Can anyone tell me how I update individual fields for a record using data from an external source? Best regards Lee Hi Lee, Scribe Insight will do this. It has a DBLOOKUP function so that you can search fo...

reset a combobox
hi i'm kinda new on excel. i want to create a button command linked to combobox; so that when i click on the button, it reset the combobox to nil. thxns in advance Girlie Set the Listindex property to -1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "girlie" <pris1_lee@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1159246903.687630.171770@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > hi > > i'm kinda new on excel. > > i want to create a button command linked to combobox; so that when i > click on the button, it reset the co...

Invoking required fields, hiding/displaying
Hello All, I have 3 custom fields on the opportunity form new_add; data type = bit new_adjustedamount; data type = money new_previousamount; ; data type = money This is the logic and behavior I am hoping to achieve using the OnChange event of the new_add field if new_add = true then new_adjustedamount + new_adjustedamount = required fields AND estimatedvalue = new_adjustedamount + previousamount; I would also like to see about hiding and displaying the fields new_adjustedamount + new_previousamount based on whether or not the new_add is ticked or not. Not sure how to accomplish this. ...

Workbook reference is reset to [0] in chart data source spec

link xml document data to textbox fields in .net
I wish to write a program that will display xml data into texboxes. That is I write a xml document that has data and each node(s) would match up or assign to different textboxes.(etc.txtbox1,txtbox2...) Is there a way, if so I would like to know the code. ...

Migration: Migrated custom fields can't sync with plan
We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However, some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into project professional for all plans. Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created project plan....

Resetting
When ever I type an eMail it always comes out in red. How do I reset the color so that when ever I start to type it is in black. Thanks for your assistance. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com in outlook -- go to tools menu and select options click the mail format tab click the fonts command in the stationery and fonts section adjust to suit yer needs. "Steve Reinstein" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in message news:usPEDdZfFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When ever I type an eMail it always comes out in red. How do I reset the > color so that when ever I sta...

Field required
Is there a way to require something in a blank field on a protected document? I have a protected excell doc. and I want some way to require some type on entrey into each unlocked field. Some fields on the form are being left blank and I want some type on reminder to prompt users that there are still blank fields on the form Thanks tboyle I use an adjacent cell (or column of cells) with formulas like: =if(a1<>"","","Please enter something in A1!") And give that cell a nice bold red font. t848 wrote: > > Is there a way to require something in a b...

how to reset up mail
i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error My crystal ball is broke. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E8E673-5DEE-4A5F-B7D5-552ED26FA058@microsoft.com... >i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error Please provide the name of your email provider (a...

AutoNumber, messed up sequence, duplicate values.
Hello, I have a database that is used by about 20+ users entering about 1000 records per day. I am noticing that they are having trouble adding records to the DB sometimes. When they have trouble, I go into the database table and try to add a record manually at the source and sometimes it tells me that the Autonumber is creating a duplicate record. As I scrolled through the data in the table I noticed the following.... Autonumber type field called "RecordID" 1-1085 looks good then it jumps to 3741 through 3749 then it jumps to 16864 through 17074 I know ...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

Format of date field in CRM
I have just created an email template in CRM. I have put a date field that is specified as "date only" in the schema but when it is mail merged the date and time appears in the email. Is there a way to format these fields on merge ie only the date? I am aware that I could push the fields contents into a redundant text field "on save" and then hide the field "on load" but thought there may be a way to format these fields. ...

Outlook Reset
I just installed Microsoft Office. One of my children entered something in the username, password, domain name fields unknown to me. How can I reset this to enter new usernam, password and domain name? I cannot use the program at this point. I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, but it keeps giving me an incorrect login message. 1. Delete the profile under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. 2. Create a new one. 3. Teach children to not play on YOUR computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to th...

Reset Window
I have a dialog app with a welcome window, then the main window. I want to be able to have a button on this main (second) window that resets everything in that window to its initial state. How can I do that? Somehow call the InitDialog? Thanks, Matt matt wrote: > I have a dialog app with a welcome window, then the main window. I > want to be able to have a button on this main (second) window that > resets everything in that window to its initial state. How can I do > that? Somehow call the InitDialog? > > Thanks, > > Matt Make your own Reset function and ca...

reset autonumber
Hi I am using a table to import data from text files. the text filess are daily files with about 60K rows per day. So after one month, I clean out the data and I want to reset the auto number I am using the follwoing code to reset the auto number: =========== Public Sub ResetAutoNumSeed(sTableName As String, sFieldName As String, num As Long) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim tbl As ADOX.Table Dim col As ADOX.Column Set cat.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection Set tbl = cat.Tables(sTableName) Set col = tbl.Columns...

How do you reset things?
When I press the apostrophe button an a with an accent mark appears instead of an ' (on word) how do I fix it? You find the button on your laptop that switches between the English keyboard and the "international" one, and press it again; or you return Windows to using whichever variety of English keyboard it was set to -- perhaps by pressing Shift-LeftAlt (which will toggle or cycle through all the installed keyboards), or perhaps by going through Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options to, if you know you're never going to need them, remove al...