Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.

I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I
keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no
message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database -
the design of the database is very simple.

I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool
and I am still getting the same error message.

I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL:

SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName,
E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City,
E_CURRENT_DATA.ZIP
FROM E_CURRENT_DATA
WHERE (((E_CURRENT_DATA.Volunteer)=False) AND
((E_CURRENT_DATA.Absent)=False) AND
((E_CURRENT_DATA.Duplicate)=False))
ORDER BY E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName;

I noticed that if I take out the "Where" clause, it works, but that's
no good to me, because I need to filter the data on these fields.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0
adampierce
1/3/2008 8:44:57 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you use the word FALSE they must be enclosed in single quotes as this is
a seen as text to Access. Try using the value 0 (False) or -1 (True) rather
than text True or False. I am assuming that each of these fields are Yes/No
fields and are either checked or unchecked. If they are text fields, then my
first sentence applies.

"adampierce" <apmessner@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I
> keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no
> message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database -
> the design of the database is very simple.
>
> I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool
> and I am still getting the same error message.
>
> I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL:
>
> SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName,
> E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City,
> E_CURRENT_DATA.ZIP
> FROM E_CURRENT_DATA
> WHERE (((E_CURRENT_DATA.Volunteer)=False) AND
> ((E_CURRENT_DATA.Absent)=False) AND
> ((E_CURRENT_DATA.Duplicate)=False))
> ORDER BY E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName;
>
> I noticed that if I take out the "Where" clause, it works, but that's
> no good to me, because I need to filter the data on these fields.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!

These are "Yes/No" type fields, not text fields, so True and False
don't have to be in quotes. I went ahead and changed False to 0 and
True to -1 and I'm still getting the same error message.

Thanks for trying!
0
adampierce
1/3/2008 9:17:05 PM
The parentheses look a little odd to me. This probably won't make any
difference but you might try modifying to:

WHERE ((E_CURRENT_DATA.Volunteer = 0) AND
(E_CURRENT_DATA.Absent = 0) AND
(E_CURRENT_DATA.Duplicate = 0))

Also, make sure there's a space after each AND.
--
HTH,
George

> These are "Yes/No" type fields, not text fields, so True and False
> don't have to be in quotes. I went ahead and changed False to 0 and
> True to -1 and I'm still getting the same error message.
>
> Thanks for trying!

0
George

Outlook 2993 Run Time Error
When I click on the root of my user mailbox I get a run time error and it asks if I want to debug. Line:297 Error: Class nor Registered. Anyone know what I can do to keep this from coming up each time? Correction 2003 > When I click on the root of my user mailbox I get a run time error and it > asks if I want to debug. > > Line:297 > Error: Class nor Registered. > > Anyone know what I can do to keep this from coming up each time? > > Does creating a new mail profile solve this problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

Error saving project from PWA
Hello! I've a project saved on server and published, that throws an unknown error when I try to save it's data in PWA or in code using PSI. However, when I save the project from Project Professional, the save completes succesfully. What can I do to solve the problem? Thank you. Olga. olga, You can start by posting some error logs relevant to the time that this occurs. It is very difficult for us to help you without more info -- Andre Venter Technical Consultant UMT South Africa MCP MCSE 2000 MCITP Project MCTS Managing Projects MCTS Confiuring Project S...

error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before '*'
i got the following error when attempting to compile a dll which I attempt to port from 16 bit to 24 bit. error C2165: 'left-side modifier' : cannot modify pointers to data the line where it gives error is as typedef void (MIC_PROTOTYPE *ModeHandlerProc)( where MIC_PROTOTYPE is defined as follow #ifndef WINAPI # define WINAPI _far _pascal #endif #define MIC_PROTOTYPE WINAPI __loadds Please help me what to do next. Do like this:- #ifdef WIN32 #define MIC_PROTOTYPE CALLBACK #else #define MIC_PROTOTYPE WINAPI __loadds #endif -- Vipin Aravind "meenal" <meenaldgup...

KB971961 with Error code 800B0100
I have Windows Vista-32 bit, I have tried SEVERAL times to install this important update and keep getting the error code listed above. I have tried to use the help that is in the Windows Help for this error code, but it still will not install. Any advice that anyone can give would be great. Thanks. See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971961 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is...

File Reservation
Hi to all, I'm using Excel 97 SR-2 with Win XP SP2 on a home computer that's linked to another computer, and experiencing an intermittent problem for which I would like a solution. Sometimes, when I double click an Excel file I get the message: "File Reservation 'filename.xls' is being modified by Username Open as read-only, or choose Notify to be alerted when it is available" There are three buttons - Read Only, Notify, and Cancel. If I click 'Cancel' then double click the file again it opens normally. When it happens the second computer is not run...

SqlClr error with using (SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("context connection=true;"))
This same code works in other systems but the one i tried it on generates the following. Does anyone know what this means? Sql2005sp3. thanks dan A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "GetRSECalculatedTravelTimes": System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationExcepti...

How can I add a recurring footer (name/address) to new messages?
We recently received an email from a customer with their company name and address centered at the bottom of the page as you would have on company stationery. How can we implement this in Outlook for our emails? Click the "Center" button in the Signature dialog box after selecting the text. Cyn @ Spectrum wrote: > We recently received an email from a customer with their company name and > address centered at the bottom of the page as you would have on company > stationery. How can we implement this in Outlook for our emails? ...

Error 214721865
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com ...

Out of Memory Error: MultiThreading Problem?
I have an application with various worker threads each performing calculations on separate data sets specific to each thread and a dll which processes remote server msgs. Each of these worker threads and dll use a class called MessageMgr to notify the main dialog to update specific list controls with the data derived from the calculations. The main function in MessageMgr used to communicate with the dialog is SendMsgToDlg where strMsg is the msg to insert into the control and msgType indicating which control to update: void MessageMgr::SendMsgToDlg(const char* strMsg, int msgType){ CString ...

LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable
I'm getting LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable during linking an OCX. Also, the ActiveX control test container crashes when I insert the above control. timhuang@online.microsoft.com (Tian Min Huang) wrote in message news:<axpB04RcDHA.460@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl>... > Hi Brian, > > Based on my experience, this link error may appear when an .obj exceeds > 32767 (0x7fff) sections in Visual C++ 6.0. In VC7, we have upped the limit > to be basically an unsigned short instead, giving us a 0xfeff limit instead > of 0x7fff. Section indices of 0x...

Message rule to forward meeting invitations
I would like to create a rule so that meeting invitations are automatically forwarded to my blackberry email. The criteria is. If the message has an attachment of the form *.icx Then forward the message to _____@rogers.blackberry.net The canned message rule builder is great for conditions such as specific senders or keywords in the subject header. I couldn't think of a way to identify meeting invitation given that the subject line could be anything. Suggestions? Ralph k. You can't make a rule based on the name of an attachment. They only thing yo...

i can't create a message
JN <JN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How sad. -- Brian Tillman ...

EcGenerateReadReport errors on E2K3 / W2K3 cluster
I have recently migrated to a new W2K3 cluster running E2K3( 2 node A-P ). Since then, I have been seeing regular Event ID 1025 errors in the Application log; Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 9/03/2005 Time: 8:19:19 a.m. User: N/A Computer: CCOEXCN01 Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store A-L". Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateReadReport: Error: 0x80070005 followed by Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Gener...

Bus error
When loading word from dock on MBP OSX 10.6.3 get bus error. Open by clicking on word doc - no error. Also opening from cmd line with doc no error. Same with excel ...

2007 Bills Error
OK, I downloaded and installed M2007. When I go to display the scheduled Bills, I get an error message that the program has to shut down. I did both the quick repair and the standard (level 2) repair. I tried to do the Remove all Bills feature, but received a message that I should first cancel the Apays. Obviously, since I can't get at that section of the program, I can't cancel the Apays. (I have four Apays). Suggestions? I have reinstalled 2003 and could cancel the Apays there, and then go back and reinstall 2007, and try the remove all Bills feature, but wanted to check here ...

Message Routing Problem
Hi All I have an Exchange 2003 environment, 2 servers, 2 domain controllers, 2 domains, 1 forest. domain1.com has its own domain controller, exchange server, and GC; same for domain2.com. Everything works to my liking, when you send a mail from domain1 to domain2 it sends it from its own server, which is in its own routing group, to the other server in another routing group. And when you send to the internet the names are resolved by our DNS servers and passed along, now the problem. My boss has decided it would be really great if we could route all outgoing mail from both domains through on...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook"
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

OWA
Hi guys, I have had the same problems as the other people with NT4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 because of that Outlook 2003 thing. Anyway I installed the patch from MS the Service is running fine. But I can't open the Password page on OWA anymore, I always got the following error: Serverobject, ASP 0196 (0x80040154) You should only use InProc-Servercomponents. If you want to use Local-Servercomponents, you need to change the "AspAllowOutOfProcComponents" in the metabasis. /iisadmpwd/aexp2b.htr, line 61 Maybe someone got the same too. ...

Some errors occurred...
In Windows Live Mail I am getting this message when opening: "Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details." There are no details below (box is empty)! "1 of 2 tasks have completed successfully." Besides having to close the message there are no other problems. OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit. Any corrective measures? Harry. "webster72n" <webster72n@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OxNU7YJ9KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In Windows L...

reserved by
When opening a password protected, read only file, a message is indicated the document is reserved by XXX. How is this persons name changed? ...

Unable To Record Macro Message
I have recorded macros in the past and now and receiving an error message. Background: I assign a keystroke to the macro and begin the macro recorder, access the cell a wanted to write a formula in, hit ENTER, then receive a microsoft GUI with an exclamation point and message "Unable To Record.". The formula writes to the cell, and returns the desired result, so there are no problems with the formula itself. I stop the reocording and the code within the macro just shows the navigation in the worksheet and not the formula. I'm not in design mode. There were no prev...

Activity Attachemnt upload error
Hi I am trying to upload a tiff image file to CRM server what I do is first write code to create attachment but i get error the url is http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx?hr=0x80070057 so it seems I have been authenticated by the server but something else is worng creating the upload error ,,,,,, Microsoft CRM Alert: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the file path an --------------------------------------------------------------------what I do is first write code to create attachment public static void CreateFaxActivi...

Office assistant error
Hi everyone, I only joined today so easy on me!!!!!! We have Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 SP3 intalled and receive the following error when Outlook is opened and then try to open any other applications, i'e word, excell "The office assistant could not be started. Please repair the assistant by running office 2000 setup and selecting repair office 2000". Running repair does not make the error message stop. The office assistant works in all applications the error message just keeps popping up. If I open word or excell on their own it's not a proble as soon as outlook 2003 is...

Windows Live Mail New Messages
When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? "Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com... > When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a > number > of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. > Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? > ...

error C3867 and error C2664 #2
Hello, When I am trying to use _beginthreadex in MFC I am getting these errors. Can anyone kindly help me regarding this. My code is as shown below bool CBlueFoxDlg::start(void) { if(!pDev) return false ; stopRequest=false; hThread=(HANDLE)_beginthreadex(0,0,&CBlueFoxDlg::CaptureThread, (LPVOID)this,0,&dwThreadID); running =true; return true; } unsigned int _stdcall CaptureThread(void* pData) { pThread=(Device*)pData; if(!pThread) return 1; unsigned int cnt=0; } I am getting error C3867 when I am writing the third parameter in _beginthreadex as CBlueFoxDlg::Capt...