Reserve error 7711 when linking to an Informix table with access

I have 4 Informix databases that I have linked to in the past with
Access 2000 and Access XP (2002) .  I have the Informix ODBC drivers
(Version 3.34 32 bit) and can link with with
Excel, but I can no longer link to a new table in an old Access
program, or link to any table in a new Access Program.

I can see the list of Informix tables in the Informix system, but as
soon as I ask it to link one of
the tables I get the error "Reserved error (-7711)

This is a brand new problem, as we have linked to Informix tables this
way for several years.  The problem occures on Access 2000 and 2002
computers.

All our computers all run XP professional.

I have seen this same problem posted on the Internet as far back as
the year 2002, but have never seen a fix or reply for it.

Thank you.

J. W. Paul
paul@nid.dst.ca.us
0
paul
2/28/2008 6:18:26 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015"
Dim x x = Application.CountIf("E5,E6000", "T13065") How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015" Thanks, Rick Not tried it but I would think x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),"T13065") Providing T13065 is a string you are counting. If it's a range reference x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),Range("T13065")) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "2D Rick" <rbrowniii@compuserve.com> wrote in m...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

help!! smtp protocol error occurred
exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. receives fine. Still waiting for some relavent information so we can help you solve your problem. >-----Original Message----- >exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv >smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. >receives fine. > > >. > I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no more problems. ...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Visual Basic Error
Every time I shut down Outlook, I now get the following Microsoft Visual Basic error: "Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec" This started after I installed the software for People PC Dial -up Service. They haven't responded to my question and Tech Net/Knowledge base come up empty. Help!!! Thanks So, uninstall that software. It's obviously the problem and if they won't support it then it's useless to you. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exten...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

Userform combobox matchrequired = True; error with no selection
I have a userform that includes a combobox which is optional for the user, but if they do use it, they have to select one of the three values provided (no creativity allowed). This works fine if the user ignores the field, or if they make a selection. They can even click the combobox 'arrow' to see the values and then click to another part of the form without making a selection. They can tab through controls including this one without any problem. All good. However, a user may enter the field (mouseclick) thinking they might want to make a selection, then decide again...

Script Errors 08-12-04
When launching CRM 1.2 through the web interface or through Outlook I am experiencing errors. This occurs on all the PCs on our network. CRM installed on Windows 2000 Advanced Server Client PCs running 2000 or XP Pro Browser IE6 with all updates. The main 3 I see are: Error #1 Line: 3 Char: 1 Error: Syntax Error Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #2 Line: 104 Char: 1 Error: 'ORG_DATE_START_DAY' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #3 Line: 15 Char: 3 Error: 'ORG_DATE_FORMAT' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Unknown error code
Hi, I'm trying to set up email in outlook 2007. After I put in all the information and click on "test account settings", I'm getting an error message. I mean, in the task tab, the "log onto incoming mail server (POP3), the status is completed" but on "send test email message, the status is Failed. and the error message is giving is "an unknown error code: 0x80040607 Does anybody knows out to fix this? Have you been able to send mail out before using that account, possibly with another mail client? "DM" <DM@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Autoenrollment errors after adding SSL certificate
Hello, I'm running an all Windows 2003 domain with an exchange server which is setup so that Outlook web access is using SSL which required that I installed a certificate. Ever since I've set up exchange to use this certificate I receive the following errors in the Application log for both my Domain Controllers (both also Windows Server 2003) which occurs every 8 hours. Both Domain Controllers show the following errors in the Application Log Source: AutoEnrollment Type: Error User: N/A Computer: DomainController1 or 2 Event ID: 13 Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for loc...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Run-time error 1004
I am using Excel 97 on NT and have a command button on a sheet to whic I attached a macro for copying the sheet to a new workbook, deletin specific columns and other unnecessary info, and saving the new book t a network drive under a name with today's date for emailing to anothe area. When I perform the function manually everything works beautifully bu when I attempt to execute the macro I get the following error "Run-time error '1004': Copy method of worksheet class failed". when use the Debug button, VBA highlights Sheets("Daily").Copy as th culprit. Macro f...