RePost: The command or action quit isn't available now

Please Help. Thanks.

Hello,
I recently upgraded from Access 2003 to Access 2007 and I am completely
lost. My PC is running WinXP. While creating a new db, I created a macro
where is should close Access once the macro has completed. The macro action
is called "Quit". When I run it, I get an error (The command or action quit
isn't available now). Possible causes it gives are:
  You may be in a read only db (How can I check this?) or a db from an
earlier version of access (This is a new db created and saved in Access07).
  The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or isn't
in the active view.

I'm am completely lost and would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance, Kevin

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Repost
I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here so I apologize if it has already been answered. I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS send an email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check for Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your office products are up to date". Thanks for reading. Hi Robin, I have the following URL to view, nothing more. http://officebeta.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx I rea...

Cannot Use AD Commands in Command Prompt
I have a very aggravating problem where whenever I enter an AD command at the DOS prompt, I lose my AD connection, and have to lock, and unlock the client in order to use any AD resources, including the MMC The message in the command prompt is "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you." Any ideas on why a command at the command prompt would disconnect me? I would look in the event log on both the dc you are connecting to and your local client in which you are connecting t...

How I open Microsoft Dynamics GP through Command Prompt
I want to Open Microsoft Dynamics GP through command prompt with out entering user name password. I provide user name n password in the batch file. My qustion is that if I open GP through command prompt I dont want to enter password and i dont want to select company . I want that home page will appare directly. dont ask y i require this but i need this . If u please help me to finding out this. Download Microsoft's documentation on the Integration Manager and look at the last chapter. It discusses creating a macro to run on launch that will log a user in and select a company, ta...

MS CRM SQL High Availability
Since the Implementation Guide says that MS CRM has not been tested on a clustered SQL environment, what's the nearest/best solution to increase the availability of the SQL DBs aside from the Redeployment tools....? Will SQL Log Shipping work? thanks! junet HEllo there Redployment Tools are different , they are not necessary for the the High Availabity. May be i mis understood your question. Can you tell what r u trying to acheive. Dear Junet, Do you want to secure your uptime or increase the power of the SQL Server? If you want to increase the uptime you could use a hardware fai...

repost; Automatically updating formulae in multiple sheets
I list sales of 20+ products each week for the year A2-A23 are the products and B-BA are the colums for each week I have multiple sheets that have the same sales results in the same format foreach previous year 2004;2003;2002;2001;2000 Each week I want to compare total sales in the year to date i.e weeks 1-20 with weeks 1-20 in each previous year. so next week it will be 1-21. I have on each sheet a cumulative total for each of the 20 products in the year to date i.e Cell A25=SUMB2:BA2 and Cell A26=SUMB3:BA3 and so on for each product. This means each week I have to alter the formula in C...

Hardware profiles, services, programs
In a previous thread (http://tinyurl.com/2colgvz), John John - MVP suggested I look into setting up separate hardware profiles and referred me to http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/hardware_profiles.html .. My ultimate goal is: (a) stop some of these stupid things from loading on boot-up at any time and clogging up my system (liike the program that wants to constantly check for updates for my printer!) (b) create two separate boot modes for my laptop - one for "normal" use including WiFi, and one for bare-bones non-network use, similar to Safe mode but with greater fun...

Outlook 2003 does not show Appointment Availability for users for
When adding an appointment next year for private or public calendar using outllok 2003 on exchnage 2003, and inviting othe ruser from gal it shows shows there status in the schdele as no information. If shcedule appointment this year shows the status of the users schedule as is planned in their calendar. please help ...

command button
I want the caption in a command button to change with a cell that changes due to a vlookup formula, meaning; when cell content changes the caption in the command button changes. I don't use command buttons but here is a way to change the text in a shape or drawing object 'With ActiveSheet.Shapes(1).TextFrame ' .Characters.Text = "abcdefg" ' .Characters(3, 1).Font.Bold = True -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "borjan" <borjan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49D96BFC-...

recover deleted public folder when only public folder sotre backups available
Hi, a public folder was accidentally deleted. Unfortunately, individual backup for this folder is not available, only backups for the whole public folder store are. How can I recover that deleted public folder using the public folder store backups? System: exchange server 2003 sp2, single server ( no replica). Thanks in advance, tree leafs <treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > a public folder was accidentally deleted. > Unfortunately, individual backup for this folder is not available, > only backups for the whole public folder store are. > How can I recover that de...

Command Button Margins?
Is there any way to set margins for a command button? I find that the button is too large and would like to make it smaller when I use Caption text. hi, command buttons are sizeable. you can make them about any size you want. the text font can be reduced too. in design mode, click the button. 8 small squared will appear around the button. adjust the size with the mouse. right click the button then click properties from the pop up. scroll down to font click in the right cell the click the small gray box. adjust the font size. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set mar...

Money 2004 doesn't list available CD-R/CD-RW to back up to....
In Money 2004, why wouldn't it list an available CD-RW to back up to in the drop down box at Tools/Options/Backup? According to this article in the MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265130&Product=mny http://tinyurl.com/4bzoj ....it should list it, and on another machine that I have Money 2004 installed on, it lists the A: and a ZIP drive I have installed as D:, but no CD-RW drive. What am I missing that's keeping these two machines from seeing the CD-R/CD-RW as an available drive to write to? -- bill evans WHEvansIIINO@SPAMcharter.net Ha...

Had to repost it!!!
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 now Outlook 2007 won't run
Everything else seems to be running fine, but i am unable to run Outlook at all. Once i run the program it hangs in a 'not responding' stage and i have to kill it with task manager. HELP Did you try creating a new profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm In addition, have you checked your event viewer for any details regarding Microsoft Office? Do other Office applications open and run as expected? Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode? Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe (note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) ...

Repost
My question may have something to do with this. I have 6 email accounts set up in Outlook 2003 (as I did in Outlook 2002). Only one (pop) is set to automatically send and receive, but Hotmail (only one http) sends and receives ANYWAY, even though in mail settings, there is a clear "red X" on Hotmail. I guess the beauty of 2003 is that the ongoing problem I had with 2003 on two computers with mulitple Outlooks running seems to be gone. ...

Date triggered action in excel
Hello, I've got next problem: I'd like to make a graph of the level in a tank for the last 14 days. Every day, I want to fill in the level of the tank in the sam 'fill-in' cell. So for today, I fill in (for example) 20%. When the computer dat changes, this 20% should shift one column to the left and the 'fill-i field' becomes empty again. The next day, I fill in the new level o the tank (15%). When date changes, this 15% should shift one cell t the left and the 20% should shift again one cell to the left. ect.etc After twenty days the 20% may be deleted. For the date...

REPOST:
I am able to post to newsgroups, but when I tried to Reply Group to a message I posted (replying to myself) I got a dialog box with three buttons, a check box, and an "I" icon. There is, however, no text in the dialog box, on the checkbox or on the buttons! Clicking any (or all) of the buttons has no apparent affect. The dialog only goes away if I click the "X" in the corner and it never sends my reply. I am using the newsreader built in to Outlook. -Will T You're using Outlook Express, accessed from Outlook. I think it's the initial warning that what you ar...

email won't appear in inbox until action is performed
Running Outlook 97 sr2 as client. Server is Windows 2000 with Exchange 5.5 sr2 on it. All of the sudden this started happening and as far as i know nothing new was installed or nothing changed. When the inbox is highlighted there will be no activity BUT when you do anything like click on the Sent items then the email will enter the inbox. Then you click on the inbox and there it is waiting. It seems like any action, even scrolling down the inbox BUT email won't appear in the inbox until something is done. I completely uninstalled/reinstalled outlook and the problem still appears. I even ...

Previous Command No Longer Works
I’m using coding below to insert “0000-yy” into a textbox. The numbering system works great except that I have lost the ability to move back to the previous record. It must be something to do with the code. How can I fix it? Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Variant strWhere = "IncidentID Like """ & Format(Date, "yy") & "*""" varResult = DMax("IncidentID", "tblIncidentLog", strWhere) If IsNull(varResult) Then ...

repost: signature appears above stationery
No reply after three days so I'll try again. I have both a default signature and a default stationery with a graphic header. The signature on a new email appears above the graphic. I want it below it. How can I accomplish this in Outlook 2002? -- Chuck The only way I know is to incorporate the text of the signature into the stationery file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Chuck" <skilover_nospam@softhome.net> wrote...

Command button code
I have created a form, and within this form are several subforms. I need a command button which will take the data that is entered into a field in the main form and update it in the corrosponding field in the subforms (to avoid the user repeatedly having to fill this field out in the subforms). Can anyone tell me how to to this? Cheers Kirsten Tui, You don't have to... since the main form is related to each of the subform tables (Parent/Child), any value on the One side of the relationship can always be reassociated "on the fly" to the Many side in any subsequent ...

No response after SMTP Data Command
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 server. When we send external e-mail using SMTP, almost all of the hosts do not respond to the period at the end of the DATA. I am using Outlook 2003 as the client to send the e-mail. I also tried sending plain text, and that doesn't work. Again, there are very few sites that allow mail from our domain. Would anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks in advance, cj Here is a trace from a packet sniffer: 220-hrndva-mx-04.mgw.rr.com ESMTP 220 Welcome to Road Runner. NO UCE *** FOR AUTHORIZED USE ONLY! *** HEL...

Access 2007
I'm developing an Access 2007 mdb application. It started out as an accdb, but I need to use user level security, which MS helpfully excluded from Access 2007 accdb. I made some nice looking forms with the AutoFormat feature, where an image is embedded in the form Picture and displayed in the form header, but now when I use AutoFormat i only get a solid color, with no image. It is the same in design view and layout view. Does the AutoFormat only embed an image in the ACCDB? Where are these images - can I manually embed it? Thanks -- bill ...

Starting a "command line" .exe program from within an excel spreadsheet
Is there a way to link an external .exe file to a button on a worksheet. I have a fortran program, which carries out a set of analyses, that I would like to be able to call from a worksheet. Many thanks Richard Richard, Attach a macro to the button, along the lines of Sub RunDOSProgram() Dim myProgram As String myProgram = "C:\Program Files\BlahBlah.EXE -s" TaskID = Shell(myProgram, 1) End Sub I don't have any old DOS execeutables to test, so..... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "kilter" <richard.pitman3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:1180955654.898401...

Repost
Please help. In an Access 2003 Asset database (based on Microsoft’s template) I have the following tables - tblAssets, tblAssetDescription, tblDepartments, tblEmployees, and tblAssetAssignment that contains the fields AssetAssignmentID (autonum,pk), AssetID (num,fk), DepartmentID (num,fk), EmployeeID (num,fk), AssignmentDate (date/time) and AssignmentDescription (txt). My forms are - frmAssetAssignment is a subform of frmAssets and records the history of the assignment of each asset by date, department and employee. These forms are working well. My problem is that I am having diffi...

Extra copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe available 06-16-10
This is a FULL version and will allow you to continue to download from your financial institutions until Microsoft ends the service in January 2011. Knowing that Microsoft was going to stop selling Money I bought 2 copies for my 2 computers. I had forgotten that you can install one copy on 2 different computers so I find myself with an unused copy. I paid $39.99 and am going to post it on eBay but figured I'd list it here first as a number of people have said their copy was expiring. If you're interested please contact me (garbanzo99 at gmail dot com). I have the unus...