Reports Generating Incorrect Data

Hello, I have created a database with 3 forms, 3 reports and multiple
queries.  On the one form there are three drop down boxes (Analyst, Reviewer,
Year) and there are 3 cmd buttons (Detailed Report, Summary Report, Exit).
When I click either of the Report cmd buttons it generates a report for each
record in the database rather then one report based on the selectiosn I made
from the drop down boxes.

For example I have two records in the database for testing purposes. If I
select Matt for the analyst and Angella for the reviewer then hit one of the
report buttons it gives me a report for all the records in the database it
does not single out a report for Matt being the analyst & Angella being the
reviewer.

I have another form that does this perfectly and I cannot for the life of me
fidn the discrepency.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What does the code for the On Click event of the button in question say?
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Matt Rebraca's Question" wrote:

> Hello, I have created a database with 3 forms, 3 reports and multiple
> queries.  On the one form there are three drop down boxes (Analyst, Reviewer,
> Year) and there are 3 cmd buttons (Detailed Report, Summary Report, Exit).
> When I click either of the Report cmd buttons it generates a report for each
> record in the database rather then one report based on the selectiosn I made
> from the drop down boxes.
>
> For example I have two records in the database for testing purposes. If I
> select Matt for the analyst and Angella for the reviewer then hit one of the
> report buttons it gives me a report for all the records in the database it
> does not single out a report for Matt being the analyst & Angella being the
> reviewer.
>
> I have another form that does this perfectly and I cannot for the life of me
> fidn the discrepency.

Dim db As DAO.Database

ComboA.Value = Null
ComboR.Value = Null
ComboY.Value = Null

End Sub

Private Sub Command6_Click()

Dim db As DAO.Database

Dim stDocName As String

Set db = CurrentDb
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
Dim strSQL As String

Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Q4")

If IsNull(Me.ComboA.Value) Then
strAnalyst = " Like '*' AND"
Else
strAnalyst = " like '" & Me.ComboA.Value & "' AND"
End If

If IsNull(Me.ComboR.Value) Then
strReviewer = " Like '*'AND"
Else
strReviewer = " like '" & Me.ComboR.Value & "' AND"
End If

If IsNull(Me.ComboY.Value) Then
StrYear = " Like '*'"
Else
StrYear = " like '*" & Me.ComboY.Value & "*' "
End If

strSQL = "SELECT [combine].* FROM [combine] WHERE [combine].Analyst" &
strAnalyst & "[combine].Reviewer" & strReviewer & "[combine].[submit time]" &
StrYear & ";"
qdf.SQL = strSQL

Set Rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT [combine].* From [combine] where "
& "[combine].[Analyst]" & strAnalyst & " [combine].[Reviewer]" & strReviewer
& "[combine].[submit time]" & StrYear & ";")
If Rst.BOF Then
MsgBox "No Data for this Selection"
Else
stDocName = "Detailed Report"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview
End If

End Sub

Private Sub Command7_Click()

Dim db As DAO.Database

Dim stDocName As String

Set db = CurrentDb
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
Dim strSQL As String

Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("sumqry")

If IsNull(Me.ComboA.Value) Then
strAnalyst = " Like '*' AND"
Else
strAnalyst = " like '" & Me.ComboA.Value & "' AND"
End If

If IsNull(Me.ComboR.Value) Then
strReviewer = " Like '*'AND"
Else
strReviewer = " like '" & Me.ComboR.Value & "' AND"
End If

If IsNull(Me.ComboY.Value) Then
StrYear = " Like '*'"
Else
StrYear = " like '*" & Me.ComboY.Value & "*' "
End If

strSQL = "SELECT [CalAvg].* From [CalAvg] where " & " [CalAvg].[Analyst]" &
strAnalyst & " [CalAvg].[Reviewer]" & strReviewer & " [CalAvg].[submit time]"
& StrYear & ";"
qdf.SQL = strSQL

Set Rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT [CalAvg].* From [CalAvg] where " &
"[CalAvg].[Analyst]" & strAnalyst & " [CalAvg].[Reviewer]" & strReviewer & "
[CalAvg].[submit time]" & StrYear & ";")
If Rst.BOF Then
MsgBox "No Data for this Selection"
Else
stDocName = "Summary Report"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview
End If

End Sub
Private Sub Command9_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command9_Click

    DoCmd.Close

Exit_Command9_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Command9_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command9_Click

End Sub

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> What does the code for the On Click event of the button in question say?
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Matt Rebraca's Question" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I have created a database with 3 forms, 3 reports and multiple
> > queries.  On the one form there are three drop down boxes (Analyst, Reviewer,
> > Year) and there are 3 cmd buttons (Detailed Report, Summary Report, Exit).
> > When I click either of the Report cmd buttons it generates a report for each
> > record in the database rather then one report based on the selectiosn I made
> > from the drop down boxes.
> >
> > For example I have two records in the database for testing purposes. If I
> > select Matt for the analyst and Angella for the reviewer then hit one of the
> > report buttons it gives me a report for all the records in the database it
> > does not single out a report for Matt being the analyst & Angella being the
> > reviewer.
> >
> > I have another form that does this perfectly and I cannot for the life of me
> > fidn the discrepency.

I'm not that great of a coder, but I don't see anything obvious. It might be
some of the joins or logic aren't quite right.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. You might want to cross post it on the
Forms Coding group.
--
> [...]

> > "Matt Rebraca's Question" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, I have created a database with 3 forms, 3 reports and multiple
> > > queries.  On the one form there are three drop down boxes (Analyst, Reviewer,
> > > Year) and there are 3 cmd buttons (Detailed Report, Summary Report, Exit).
> > > When I click either of the Report cmd buttons it generates a report for each
> > > record in the database rather then one report based on the selectiosn I made
> > > from the drop down boxes.
> > >
> > > For example I have two records in the database for testing purposes. If I
> > > select Matt for the analyst and Angella for the reviewer then hit one of the
> > > report buttons it gives me a report for all the records in the database it
> > > does not single out a report for Matt being the analyst & Angella being the
> > > reviewer.
> > >
> > > I have another form that does this perfectly and I cannot for the life of me

Hi Matt,
do some testing with your code like this:
after the line >>
> strSQL = "SELECT [combine].* FROM [combine] WHERE [combine].Analyst" &
> strAnalyst & "[combine].Reviewer" & strReviewer & "[combine].[submit
> time]" &
> StrYear & ";"
add this line:
debug.print "sql: " & strSQL

do the same thing for the other SQL's on your form

run the report, close the form
hit Ctl + G to open the immediate window
you will see sql: followed by a space and then the query string
copy the query string and paste in into a new query in sql view
now switch the query to datasheet view and see which records it gives you
With the above process, you can often spot the error with your query.

 Jeanette Cunningham

"Matt Rebraca''s Question" <MattRebracasQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:00EF652A-F9EE-4657-9768-4D7A76991373@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>> > Year) and there are 3 cmd buttons (Detailed Report, Summary Report,
>> > Exit).
>> > When I click either of the Report cmd buttons it generates a report for
>> > each
>> > record in the database rather then one report based on the selectiosn I
>> > made
>> > from the drop down boxes.
>> >
>> > For example I have two records in the database for testing purposes. If
>> > select Matt for the analyst and Angella for the reviewer then hit one
>> > of the
>> > report buttons it gives me a report for all the records in the database
>> > it
>> > does not single out a report for Matt being the analyst & Angella being
>> > the
>> > reviewer.
>> >
>> > I have another form that does this perfectly and I cannot for the life

0
Jeanette

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Data Validation #11
Is it possible to have a data validation list to control the out come of another column? For example: Columns A B 1 1 name1 2 2 name2 3 3 name3 4 4 name4 5 5 name5 6 6 name6 with the above example, what I am asking is it possible to select the number in column A and have it automatically place in column B the name that belongs to that number? I hope this is clear. Thank You, Chris -- zero635 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zero635's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

Plugging data from non-open Workbooks
Hello, I have a number of databases stored on Excel Workbooks and I want to create another workbook to get information from those databases. I will make reference to a number of the databases with the following: COUNTIF("worksheet name followed by filename", "=blablabla") but I don't want to open them as they are like each 5Mb in size and I have to refer like 10 of them on a worksheet. I've tried opening one of the database and then reference it by point-and-clicking and then closing it. The formula works fine when the file is open. When it's closed and I tr...

Help with getting data from a worksheet
Hi, I have 2 excel sheets username sheet --------------- it contains just usernames in one column main sheet ----------- i want to chose from a listbox, combobox, or whatever one or mor usernames from the username sheet. How can i do that?? another question: I want to be sure that every username has one instance only can you help be? BogN -- Bog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BogN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54717 BogN w...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...

HowTo: Generating several namespaces for an element in an XmlDocument?
Hi everybody, I'm using VS 2005, .Net 2.0. The CreateElement() method of XmlDocument allows to supply a namespace URI. Now I want to add several namespace URIs with different prefixes to the element. How do I do that. Here an example: <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> I could do this with...