Report pages

I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I have 2
1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any suggestions
what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

LG,

Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in the
Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.

--
Gina Whipp

II

"LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I have
>2
> 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any
> suggestions
> what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?

0
Gina
12/30/2009 5:48:18 PM
No i have built the report in access so a mail merge can be done directly off
a query.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> LG,
>
> Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
> Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in the
> Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I have
> >2
> > 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any
> > suggestions
> > what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?
>

> .

How do you expect us to know what is stopping you from completing the 3rd page?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"LG" wrote:

> No i have built the report in access so a mail merge can be done directly off
> a query.
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > LG,
> >
> > Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
> > Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in the
> > Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I have
> > >2
> > > 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any
> > > suggestions
> > > what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?
> >

> > .

LG,

My mistake...  it was the use of word *template* that thru me.  Ummm, as
Duane says we have no idea why you can't complete the third page.  Is it the
report in Access that you have run out of room?  Have you run out of room,
in other words, did you reach the maximum report height of 22"?  OR is is
the Word document that you are merging with that you ran out room?  We're
going to need a wee bit more information is you want us to help.

--

> No i have built the report in access so a mail merge can be done directly
> off
> a query.
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> LG,
>>
>> Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
>> Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in
>> the
>> Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I
>> >have
>> >2
>> > 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any
>> > suggestions
>> > what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?
>>

>> .

0
Gina
12/30/2009 8:26:53 PM
I was hoping maybe there is something in the properties that I need to
correct to enable it to go to a 3rd page or soemthing that I missed.  If you
need more information please let me know and I can provide it.  I started out
with a word doc that has been built into a report in access.  The report
pulls from a query and it works fine for shorter letters.  I ran into an
issue when trying to add the remainder of the letter.
Thanks

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> How do you expect us to know what is stopping you from completing the 3rd page?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "LG" wrote:
>
> > No i have built the report in access so a mail merge can be done directly off
> > a query.
> >
> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> > > LG,
> > >
> > > Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
> > > Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in the
> > > Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > .

Apparently you are having an issue since a single report section can't exend
beyond 22". If this is your problem, consider adding another section based on
the primary key (if this is the detail section). Use a group footer as an
extension of your detail section.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ����:50A2933A-54E3-4352-AAF6-B5AB0C038989@microsoft.com...
> No i have built the report in access so a mail merge can be done directly
> off
> a query.
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> LG,
>>
>> Your question impies you have a Word template.  This newsgroup is for
>> Microsoft Access a database software.  Scroll a wee bit further down in
>> the
>> Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge.  I
>> >have
>> >2
>> > 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page?  Any
>> > suggestions
>> > what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in?
>>

>> .

0
xiaozhou
12/31/2009 6:11:57 AM
You don't really need the Access report at all; you can execute a Word mail
merge directly from within Access, so you can create a Word template for the
whole letter and include merge fields in it for the Access data.  The
following link is to a file which demonstrates this, along with other Access
to word automation operations:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=23781.1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-msdevapps

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

LG wrote:
>I was hoping maybe there is something in the properties that I need to
>correct to enable it to go to a 3rd page or soemthing that I missed.  If you
>need more information please let me know and I can provide it.  I started out
>with a word doc that has been built into a report in access.  The report
>pulls from a query and it works fine for shorter letters.  I ran into an
>issue when trying to add the remainder of the letter.
>Thanks
>
>> How do you expect us to know what is stopping you from completing the 3rd page?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

KenSheridan
12/31/2009 1:18:23 PM
Is is possible then to set up page breaks and then I can condense the height
of the report?

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Apparently you are having an issue since a single report section can't exend
> beyond 22". If this is your problem, consider adding another section based on
> the primary key (if this is the detail section). Use a group footer as an
> extension of your detail section.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "LG" wrote:
>
> > I was hoping maybe there is something in the properties that I need to
> > correct to enable it to go to a 3rd page or soemthing that I missed.  If you
> > need more information please let me know and I can provide it.  I started out
> > with a word doc that has been built into a report in access.  The report
> > pulls from a query and it works fine for shorter letters.  I ran into an
> > issue when trying to add the remainder of the letter.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > How do you expect us to know what is stopping you from completing the 3rd page?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

You can place page break controls almost anywhere you want in the report.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"LG" wrote:

> Is is possible then to set up page breaks and then I can condense the height
> of the report?
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Apparently you are having an issue since a single report section can't exend
> > beyond 22". If this is your problem, consider adding another section based on
> > the primary key (if this is the detail section). Use a group footer as an
> > extension of your detail section.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "LG" wrote:
> >
> > > I was hoping maybe there is something in the properties that I need to
> > > correct to enable it to go to a 3rd page or soemthing that I missed.  If you
> > > need more information please let me know and I can provide it.  I started out
> > > with a word doc that has been built into a report in access.  The report
> > > pulls from a query and it works fine for shorter letters.  I ran into an
> > > issue when trying to add the remainder of the letter.
> > > Thanks

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Keeping Page Title but not printing it
We are using certain pages as formal letters that need to be printed out. I would like to have the page title to organize, but when the page prints, I do not want the page Title to print. I can't image there is no way to do that... Thoughts? -- dwayner79 > We are using certain pages as formal letters that need to be printed > out. I would like to have the page title to organize, but when the > page prints, I do not want the page Title to print. I can't image > there is no way to do that... NO, there is no way to achieve what you want. A workaro...

Reports are not being shown MM07

The delegates Page is Not Available
I have an Exchange 2003. One using that is using Outlook 2003 keeps getting "The delegates Page is Not Available" when trying to change his delegates. I have read somewhere that it is a corrupt inbox that needs to be rebuilt. Is there anyway of getting around this? The solution that I saw only said Outlook 2000 so I am hoping that somebody has found a new fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Subreport starts on a new page
Hello I have a report/subreport object where the subreport starts on a new page although there is room on the last page of the report ( report prints 3 pages and page 2 is approximately 3/4 empty). The report has a grouping option - if I place the subreport in the group footer it prints at the end of each group - not the desired location as I need it to print at the end of the entire group. I have placed the subreport in the report footer and even created a different group, not really utilizing it as a group but making it the primary group element and placing the subreport in the footer of t...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...

Making OWA 2003 the default page.
Hi How do I make OWA 2003 the default page in IIS? If i do a redirect it changes all the child nodes and creates an infinate loop. If I try to make the default page the same as the exchange folder it doesn't function properly. Open the properties for the default website, go to the Home Directory tab and select A redirection to a URL in the Redirect To field type /Exchange and check the "A directory below URL entered" checkbox -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Colin" <colinbissell@hotmail.com> wrote in message...

reports smart list
Smartlist employee payroll report shows a column for citizen: answered "yes or no". All of my Employees have no under their name. When I enter a new employee, I don't find anywhere where it asks about citizenship. Would this information be found in set-up or w-2 records? This information is from teh Human resources module and can be found by going to: Cards >> Payroll >> Employee >> Human Resources button -or- Cards >> Human Resources >> Employee >> Employee >> Human Resources button Fliehigh "Pamela" wrote: > Smar...