Report Desin Question

I am trying to make a report.
I have created two different headers and footers, the first header displays
all of our headings, the second header displays the the second level
headings.  I then have a footer then shows sums of all the values.  For some
of the headings there are no values, so nothing shows up in the footer, as
expected.  problem is, it leaves a big space, the size of the footer.  How
can I get this set, to show no spaces when there are no results?

0
James
2/26/2008 8:52:28 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:52:28 -0700, "James" <fake@email.com> wrote:

>I am trying to make a report.
>I have created two different headers and footers, the first header displays
>all of our headings, the second header displays the the second level
>headings.  I then have a footer then shows sums of all the values.  For some
>of the headings there are no values, so nothing shows up in the footer, as
>expected.  problem is, it leaves a big space, the size of the footer.  How
>can I get this set, to show no spaces when there are no results?

Set the Can Grow and Can Shrink properties of the footer (and possibly of all
of the controls in the footer) to Yes.
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

Exam MB2-423 question
I have just failed this exam by one question, thought I was doing quite well but..... Anyway there was one question which stated something like "You have just created a new KB article and submitted it. Name the 3 queues it will appear in". The answers were New, Draft, Unapproved, Published. I think this is poorly worded, I probably got the question right as I said New, Draft & Unapproved but New is not a queue, and once you have submitted it the article only appears in the Unapproved queue. It doesn't make sense to me Does anybody else have a different take on it...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

eXtender SOP Reports

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Question about .MDE file
I'm trying to figure out if creating an MDE file is advisable in thisscenario:Our database contains records from 2002-current (about 10,000 recordsright now) If I save a MDE file of this database, how would I be ableto convert it back to MDB to change the design layout?If I cannot convert the MDE back to MDB, how do I make design changesin the MDE file?And if I have to use the original MDB to make design changes then saveit as another MDE file -- what would be the easier approach totransfer the 'new' records that were added in the first MDE file?My problem is I cannot use the backe...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Project2000 newbie questions
Hi- is there a way to precisely indicate the starting and ending time of a task? It only appears that I can drag the bar but not type in a specific time nor have the bar 'snap' to various time segments. I don't see a field where I can input actual 'times'. Also, what is the easiest way to have one task start immediately after another? I've linked the two tasks together and tried to the drag the later task's bar closer to the prior one and it's tough to do visually. I realize there must be a more precise way to do it. Thanks so much! Hi PatB12...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

PC Charge Question
New reseller question> I have previously worked for Keystroke POS software. With Keystroke and PC Charge Payment Server we needed only a single user. In reading the PC Charge integration topic on Partner Source, I am lead to believe that I will need a user for each POS terminal with Store Operations, i.e., 6 POS terminals, I would need 6 PC Charge users. Is this correct? Thanks, for your time and knowledge Your are correct It goes by register number. Some software the server handles the info and so PC charge only sees one user, but in RMs each register sends ID to PC charge so ...