Relationship Help with Tables

This is the tables I have on my database.  Can someone take a look and make
some recommendations on the relationships.

tbl FV Case Info  = main (parent table - Id No is the primary key)
tbl FV Charges = child table (links with Id No to Case Info)
tbl FV VW = child table (links with Id No to Case Info)

The Docket Number = one case, each record should have a charges reecord with
 count number, charge code, crime name, statue, disposition per count,
sentencing per count (there can be more than one count per case info record).
 Then there is one V/W Record for each case (only one record is required per
case record).

I have a case info as main form with the charges as an embedded subform and
a control button that takes you to a V/W form.

I need help with creating the relationships.

I have taken a snapshot of the relationships window and can be found at :

http://cid-af7c698d9d142706.skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public

Any suggestions?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I would change all the table and field names to remove all spaces and change
"generic" field names to something more descriptive of their purpose:

For instance:
  [tbl FV Case Info] to [tblFVCaseInfo]
and
  [Id No] to [CaseIDNo]

If there is a one to one relationship between two of your tables, I'm not
sure why you don't place all fields in a single table.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"lettyg" wrote:

> This is the tables I have on my database.  Can someone take a look and make
> some recommendations on the relationships.
>
> tbl FV Case Info  = main (parent table - Id No is the primary key)
> tbl FV Charges = child table (links with Id No to Case Info)
> tbl FV VW = child table (links with Id No to Case Info)
>
> The Docket Number = one case, each record should have a charges reecord with
>  count number, charge code, crime name, statue, disposition per count,
> sentencing per count (there can be more than one count per case info record).
>  Then there is one V/W Record for each case (only one record is required per
> case record).
>
> I have a case info as main form with the charges as an embedded subform and
> a control button that takes you to a V/W form.
>
> I need help with creating the relationships.
>
> I have taken a snapshot of the relationships window and can be found at :
>
> http://cid-af7c698d9d142706.skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public
>
> Any suggestions?

editbox-multilanguage help pls
Hi For a special reason (telling later) I didn't define _UNICODE in my code. The result was that I can not type in arabic/persian in the edit box in which I could before (showing strange characters instaed not ???). Of course this isn't always true (On two computers running both winXP one showed strange characters while the other treated normally) 1)What should I do so that my program acts normally on all computers?(& what are the probable different settings on those computers) 2)What are these strange looking characters(single byte,multiple byte,....) Going back to the reason whic...

corrupted .pst file, inboxrepair doesnt help
Hello, Somehow my inbox .pst file (999MB) got corrupted (not sure how, one day it worked the next it didnt). (I've got latest updates, SP, as well as Anti Virus). When i try to load it using OutlookXP on Win2K it loads and loads (for about 30minutes) and then appears as something like "this file has an error use Inbox Repair Tool to fix". So then i try Inbox Repair Tool and it went through the file, makes a backup, and fixes the two errors (2 items without a folder). However when i then try to load the repaired .pst file it still loads and loads and then tells me the...

OSQL help
I am trying to create a batch file to automate a process for RMS. When I type in the sql statement in RMS Administrator it runs fine. But when I create a batch file I get an error message as follows: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Server ******, Line 1 Invalis object name 'CUSTOMER'. Here is the statement I am using (with the proper username and server name of course): OSQL -U sa -P -S -Q "UPDATE CUSTOMER SET CustomText4=left(newid(),6) WHERE Customer.CustomText4=' '" I then tried running several very simple osql statements from the command prompt and kept g...

Help with custom formatting of a cell
I am trying to set up a format rule so that I can change the display of a number based upon its magnitude as follows: if the number is greater than or equal to 0.1 -> display it as "0.10 A" else if the number is greater than or equal to 0.0001 -> display it as "0.10 mA" else if the number is greater than or equal to 0.0000001 -> display it as "0.10 uA" else if the number is greater than or equal to 0.0000000001 -> display it as "0.10 nA" else if the number is greater than or equal to 0.0000000000001 -> display it as "0.10 pA" el...

Please Help Running a Macro from a formula
Is there a way to cause a macro to run from a formula? As an example: =if(B1<B2,GoToNeg,GoToPos) GoToNeg and GoToPos are macros which will manipulate B1 and B2. Thanks in advance! Vic, If they really are macros that alter things on a workbook, you can't do it. If they are functions that return a value, then that is possible. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Vic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014c01c3a56b$af91d680$a601280a@phx.gbl...

help with macro code
I am trying to copy a range of cells to another worksheet .... and then move to the next column Please help with code - I'm getting a Runtime error 1004 thanks Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 08/10/2003 by SARAH RANSOME ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+f ' Sheet2.Range("E2:E56").End(xlToRight).Offset(0, 1).Value _ = Sheet1.Range("G2:G56").Value When you do xltoright the over 1 (.offset(0,1)) are you sure you're still on the worksheet--you didn't go all the way over to column IV did you? Another possibility: Are y...

Need Help!
Hi there .. I am new to this forum .. was needin some urgent help on this excel file of mine which seems corrupted for some reason. I try to open the file when i get the message "The file is not in a recognizable format". I click on the OK dialog and I can see my worksheet name , but i dont see any on the internal contents. I am using MSOffice 2002. These contents hold vital info. Is there some way I can open this file with least damage to the contents ?? Someone around here face a similar prob and get around it ? Please help !!! Some people have reported that they have recovered ...

Outlook 2007 & "The form you have selected cannot be displayed"
I recently upgraded a user's PST from the older 97-02 format to the new format to avoid the 2GB limit. I created a new PST (in the new format), made it the default send/receive location and then imported the emails from the old PST. I did the same with his Archive PST file as well. Upon restarting outlook, the user couldn't reply to emails and got the infamous "The form you have selected cannot be displayed". I promptly did all the know hacks to eliminate this message (edit registry to not use forms cache), cleared the forms cache, ect. All to no avail. So, I did a repair on...

Need Help with Exchange 5.5 migration to exchange 2003
I need some help in moving exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. I will appreciate if someone can help me through this. I have good knowledge about exchnage 5.5 but I am very new to Exchange 2003. If someone can just guide me I will really appreciate it. Please email me your info along with your phone number where I can reach you. All I need is just a little help with just two questionand I am sure there will be atleast one expert out there who will be able to help me. I have tried everything ( Groups / MS KB) but no luck. Please email info to: supportj@gmail.com Thanks again. Jazzy Aloha ...

Recycle Bin Help
When I delete anything its goes into the reclcle bin but when I go into it to restore the file its not there. When I go to delete all in the bin it says I have the files in there but I can't see them. ...

Pivot Table Data Transfer
Please help me? Thank you for reading. I have a working pivot table with over 50 entries. I need to take certain parts of the data to new worksheets so clients can not make changes. I need this marco to run each entry in the pivot table to produce the transfer data and then copy and paste the information into a new workbook for each entry in the pivot table with two forms(already created) with the data in it. Can someone please help me? Here is the code below: Sheets("Pivot").Select For Each itm In ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Lessee"...

Contract Relationships
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can fr...

Date formatting on a Pivot Chart's Data Table
I have a Pivot Chart that has a text field for series, a date field for category and a number field for data items. In the charting options, I've hidden the legend and shown the data table. When the data table appears in the chart, it shows the dates in the format: "M-d-yyyy hh:mm" I'd like it to show in the format: "MMM-yy" I can't find any options inside the Pivot Chart context menus or toolbar for applying date formatting on the Data Table. I've tried formatting cells in the Pivot Table and it applies them there, but still shows in the format listed ...

Displaying items within pivot table fields
Hi Within a macro I've written I have the following syntax (which is not working); at the time that the macro reaches this line of code only the "ACCDNT" item in the "complaints_code" field within the "ComplaintsTable" pivot table is being displayed: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("ComplaintsTable").PivotFields("complaint_code") .PivotItems("ACCDNT").Visible = False .PivotItems("ADVERSE").Visible = True End With Basically all I want to do is have the macro display the "ADVERSE" item instead of ...

Help With formulating a cell
Hey everyone. I have a really dumb question but I am just not good at this Excel thing. Haha. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will allow me to have a column of sequential numbers next to a column of names which in turn is next to column of dollar amounts. The dollar amounts can be changed just by, uh... , changing them, but the number and name in the columns next to them must saty the same. Okay, so far? Okay-here's my problem: How do I create a cell that will allow me to enter one of the sequential numbers and have either the name and dollar amount next to that typed-in nu...

Cannot close the Customer/Vendor Relationships window
One user accidentally opened the Customer/Vendor Relationship in one of the forms in Sale module. She doesn't have access to add or delete a customer or vendor and this prevents her from closing the window. She tried the File->Close but the system is asking if she wanted to add the customer. If she clicks cancel it does not close the window, if she clicks Save it says that she doesn't have the proper security rights. Kindly advise how the user can close the window without using force logoff. Thank you. Yani, Click anywhere on the first line in the grid, then go to Edit &...

relationship
Hi, I'm not sure how to go about this. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have two tables. There are two fields in one table that will match two fields in the other table. When I change the CurrentRevision value in tblRevisions, I want matching record in tblOnTimeDelivery to change the CurrentRevision value also. Here's what I have: tblRevisions *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields tblOnTimeDelivery *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields Thanks for your help, Joel Joel From your description, I'm having a bit of t...

Fields from two Tables on Report.
Hi, My project is in MS Access 2002. In that I have one Form which enter data in two different Tables, when I click on Submit Button it will run two diffrent queries one by one. Now I want to generate Report from that Tables. But I don't know how can I put Fields from two different Tables in Report's Detail Section. If Feilds are from only one Table than I can set Report's Record Source property to that TableName.\ But I don't know how to set it for two tables? Even I put fields in Report and set there Control Source Property to that [TableName].[FieldName]. But when I open r...

Help With E-Mailing in Publisher
I have version 2003 of Publisher and when it was installed you could go to file and go to the drop down send in e-mail and select: send in message! Well it wouldn't send to one person in the office so our computer guy uninstalled it and reinstalled it well now it only gives me the option to send the page as a atttachment and that's not what I need, I need to send it in the message, I can't even preview it,it only gives me the option to send it as a attachment!! So what do I do because everyone else has that capablity! Is there a setting I can chose that will change this! Ple...

help needed
Hi Please help on the following issue: I have to check if one of the check boxes in the following cells is checked I need a macro that checks if the check box in cell G14 is checked in sheet Account Tracker. If its checked then I want to do the formula in G17, if the check box in H14 is checked I want to do the formula in h17 & if the checkbox in I14 is checked I want to do the formula in cell I17. A second thing I need is that based on the above logic as there will be only one set of values in g17 or h17 or i17 .If the values in g17 or h17 or i17 are negative than I ...

Querying one-to-many relationships
I have two tables, one table with one primary key and one table with several keys: Table 1 NDC GPI 57866660701 1 Table 2 NDC APPL_NO APPL_TYPE_CD 57866660701 074105 2 57866660701 074140 2 57866660701 074207 2 57866660701 074410 2 57866660701 075927 2 57866660701 076494 2 There are a two things I need to do after joining these two tables. One is to find out if there are any records in the second table with different values in the "APPL_TYPE_CD" field for one NDC number. The other is to only return the first record from the second table, not all...

MSDN Library Help
I would like to know where and what format the favorites list of the MSDN Library is saved. (I mean, it reappears even if the MSDN library is unistalled and reinstalled. ...

Help! Cant print with Microsoft Vista...
Hi, I have been able to print with Microsoft 2000 through my printer Canon BJC-50c, but when i connected it to my new laptop using OS Vista Ultmate... I cant print. The paper loads when i press print, but it just stop there with my power light blinking away. When i press the cleaning, check noozle or test buttons, it prints out BJLSTART @CLEANING=1 BJLEND BJLSTART @TESTPRINT=NOZZLECHECK BJLEND It prints the above, when I click those buttons on the maitainence print tabs. But it does not print my Word doc, websites, wordpad etc etc. Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!! Calvin ...

pivot table sorting
I want to rearrange my columns in a pivot table. does anyone know how to do this? thanks robert You can manually drag the selected item to its new position. Also, you can right click on an item in the column you want to change and select Field Settings..., click the Advanced button, then make a selection from the available radio buttons (like Ascending), then OK and OK. -- Toby Erkson Oregon, USA "robert" <rocksrus@stones.com> wrote in message news:%23C5T72fMEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to rearrange my columns in a pivot table. > does anyone know...

Count If.....help
I am trying to sum the amount of time two words "high" and "very high" appear in a col....I can get this to work for one word but when i try and nest the statement it doest work - Why and how to i solve it. =COUNTIF('(R2) Risks Log'!L9:L99,"Very High",CountIF(Risks Log'!L9:L99,"High")) thanks. First, your question is ambiguous. Are you tring to count the number of times a cell's contents - as a whole - is either "High" or "Very High"? Or are you looking to count how many times the a) word or b) phra...