Records in a table

I have a datsheet form based on a table.
How can I make a specific record from the table invisible in the form?
Thanks
Klaus
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

>>I opened the property from the table where the data for the form is coming
from.
Open the form in design view to determine what is the Record Source for your
form?  Is a query or directly from the table?

If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.

If it is from the table then copy the Record Source and paste in a post.

In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Amateur" wrote:

> Dear Karl
>
> I am again lost. OK, I opened the property from the table where the data for
> the form is coming from. There is only the general tab - but I have not the
> slightest idea what and where to input that what you are explaining.
> AND - I would like to hide a row in the form not in the table, because I
> need the data from that row for other queries.
> Would you please be a skind as to tell me:
> * What, how and where I have to input my "criteria" so that record nº 13 is
> not shown in the form.
> * Is that record still valid for other queries?
> Thanks
> Klaus
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > What is the Record Source for your form?  Is a query or directly from the
> > table?
> > If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
> > click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.
> > If it is from the table then open in design view, click on menu VIEW -
> > Properties, copy the Record Source and paste in a post.
> > In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.
> >
> > --
> > KARL DEWEY
> > Build a little - Test a little
> >

> > "Amateur" wrote:
> >
> > > How, it's a form - i thought to filter one record out of the Form
> > > properties>>Data>>Filter, but don't know how to do that.
> > > For example I do not want to see "autonumber 13" - Can you tell me how to
> > > write the criteria?
> > > Thanks
> > > Klaus

What do you mean with this? - If it is from the table then copy the Record
Source and paste in a post.
I opened the form in design view - the record source for the form is a table
called "Contactos" my autonumberfield is "contactid".
and than ????????????????? what do you mean "....paste in a post" - Where
shall I copy and past the record sorce ("Contactos") too? what is a post?
Where I have to mention that I want to hide "contactid Nº13".

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> >>I opened the property from the table where the data for the form is coming
> from.
> Open the form in design view to determine what is the Record Source for your
> form?  Is a query or directly from the table?
>
> If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
> click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.
>
> If it is from the table then copy the Record Source and paste in a post.
>
> In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.
>
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "Amateur" wrote:
>
> > Dear Karl
> >
> > I am again lost. OK, I opened the property from the table where the data for
> > the form is coming from. There is only the general tab - but I have not the
> > slightest idea what and where to input that what you are explaining.
> > AND - I would like to hide a row in the form not in the table, because I
> > need the data from that row for other queries.
> > Would you please be a skind as to tell me:
> > * What, how and where I have to input my "criteria" so that record nº 13 is
> > not shown in the form.
> > * Is that record still valid for other queries?
> > Thanks
> > Klaus
> >

> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> > > What is the Record Source for your form?  Is a query or directly from the
> > > table?
> > > If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
> > > click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.
> > > If it is from the table then open in design view, click on menu VIEW -
> > > Properties, copy the Record Source and paste in a post.
> > > In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.
> > >
> > > --
> > > KARL DEWEY
> > > Build a little - Test a little

Amateur, be patient. Karl will get you there.

UpRider

"Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What do you mean with this? - If it is from the table then copy the Record
> Source and paste in a post.
> I opened the form in design view - the record source for the form is a
> table
> called "Contactos" my autonumberfield is "contactid".
> and than ????????????????? what do you mean "....paste in a post" - Where
> shall I copy and past the record sorce ("Contactos") too? what is a post?
> Where I have to mention that I want to hide "contactid N�13".

>> from.
>> Open the form in design view to determine what is the Record Source for
>> your
>> form?  Is a query or directly from the table?
>>
>> If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
>> click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.
>>
>> If it is from the table then copy the Record Source and paste in a post.
>>
>> In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.
>>
>> --
>> KARL DEWEY
>> Build a little - Test a little
>>

>> "Amateur" wrote:
>>
>> > Dear Karl
>> >
>> > I am again lost. OK, I opened the property from the table where the
>> > data for
>> > the form is coming from. There is only the general tab - but I have not
>> > the
>> > slightest idea what and where to input that what you are explaining.
>> > AND - I would like to hide a row in the form not in the table, because
>> > need the data from that row for other queries.
>> > Would you please be a skind as to tell me:
>> > * What, how and where I have to input my "criteria" so that record n�
>> > 13 is
>> > not shown in the form.
>> > * Is that record still valid for other queries?
>> > Thanks
>> > Klaus

0
UpRider
9/4/2007 8:36:20 PM
Use this instead of the table name in the form record source ---
  SELECT * FROM Contactos  WHERE contactid <> 13;

It would be easier to change and input other criteria if you were using a
query as record source.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"UpRider" wrote:

> Amateur, be patient. Karl will get you there.
>
> UpRider
>
> "Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What do you mean with this? - If it is from the table then copy the Record
> > Source and paste in a post.
> > I opened the form in design view - the record source for the form is a
> > table
> > called "Contactos" my autonumberfield is "contactid".
> > and than ????????????????? what do you mean "....paste in a post" - Where
> > shall I copy and past the record sorce ("Contactos") too? what is a post?
> > Where I have to mention that I want to hide "contactid Nº13".

> >> from.
> >> Open the form in design view to determine what is the Record Source for
> >> your
> >> form?  Is a query or directly from the table?
> >>
> >> If it is a query then post the SQL by opening the query in design view,
> >> click on menu VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post.
> >>
> >> If it is from the table then copy the Record Source and paste in a post.
> >>
> >> In either case Tell what is the field name of your autonumber.
> >>
> >> --
> >> KARL DEWEY
> >> Build a little - Test a little

Thanks Karl - that's working - but, one more question for this subject.
If I would like to hide more than one record, how  the record source has to
look like? (For example I would like to hide record 13,18,23)
I thank you again very much for your help.
Klaus

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Use this instead of the table name in the form record source ---
>   SELECT * FROM Contactos  WHERE contactid <> 13;
>
> It would be easier to change and input other criteria if you were using a
> query as record source.
>
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "UpRider" wrote:
>
> > Amateur, be patient. Karl will get you there.
> >
> > UpRider
> >
> > "Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > What do you mean with this? - If it is from the table then copy the Record
> > > Source and paste in a post.
> > > I opened the form in design view - the record source for the form is a
> > > table
> > > called "Contactos" my autonumberfield is "contactid".
> > > and than ????????????????? what do you mean "....paste in a post" - Where
> > > shall I copy and past the record sorce ("Contactos") too? what is a post?
> > > Where I have to mention that I want to hide "contactid Nº13".

You really need to learn how to build and use queries.

Use this ---
 SELECT * FROM Contactos  WHERE contactid <> 13 And contactid <> 18 And
contactid <> 23;

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Amateur" wrote:

> Thanks Karl - that's working - but, one more question for this subject.
> If I would like to hide more than one record, how  the record source has to
> look like? (For example I would like to hide record 13,18,23)
> I thank you again very much for your help.
> Klaus
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Use this instead of the table name in the form record source ---
> >   SELECT * FROM Contactos  WHERE contactid <> 13;
> >
> > It would be easier to change and input other criteria if you were using a
> > query as record source.
> >
> > --
> > KARL DEWEY
> > Build a little - Test a little
> >

> > "UpRider" wrote:
> >
> > > Amateur, be patient. Karl will get you there.
> > >
> > > UpRider
> > >
> > > "Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Pivot Tables 04-09-10
Hello All! Can someone please point me to a description of Pivot Tables and their use? Perhaps, a not too expensive text book would be appropriate. -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not Here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html John Walkenbach also has some at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm (look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Da...

How to connect to remote server and access the tables
I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do this. Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)? I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance If you connect just to a web services then you need to know what they return to you when y...

counting records shown in a report
greetings to all I have a report bound to a query called qAttendance. The report has its Filter property set to limit the records showing in the Detail section. So far so good. In the report footer, i want to show the count or records in the report. How do I do this?? (I can get a count in forms using recordsetclone and bookmarks, but I can't figure out a good method for reports) Becky oops. Got it using DCount. "Becky" wrote: > greetings to all > > I have a report bound to a query called qAttendance. The report has its > Filter pro...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

Linked Table Add In
Greetings, I am maintaining anumber of Access 97 databases (Ueah, I know -Upgrade. Will happen soon) All DBs are Front End Pointing to back ends. There is one major backend and several others. Typically, when I am working on a FE, the first thing I do is point it to a "not live" copy of the main backend. That way I can play. I do this many times a week. The real BE is on the network. The Dummy BE is on my computer. Have there been any cases of the Link Table manager NOT making a change event though it said it has? I always check the AFTER of this operation and make su...

query tables
i have inherited a database w/ o documentation & noone to tell me its history. I have a query that shows 2 tables: "A" and "B" Table A has several fields, B only 2. The tables are joined on these 2 fields. 3 fields called for the query, all from table a. When i run the query i get data. But where is this data coming from? I can find no Table A or B; i can find no query A or B. I am stumped. Can anyone help me? Could be a few things. For example A and B are queries and not tables. Whoops! You already eliminated that. Make sure to scroll left and right on the d...

Scroll down on Form, not to next record
I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have used http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm and it works very well at totally disabling the mouse scroll. What I want to know is how can I get the scroll button on the mouse to actually scroll down on the current record on the form? Not to the next one. This would be so helpful for me. Thanks. Either the scroll wheel is off or on! -- www.ae911truth.org "This Guy" wrote: > I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have > used > > http://www.le...

Totals for records with same order #
I work for a small mail order company and I'm trying to get a estimate of our shipping costs. If we get a order for 6 items and we only have 4 in stock, we will ship the 4 and backorder the other 2. The table structure looks like this: Order#, Weight, ShipDate, Cost. I need a query that will tell me the total shippng cost for each order. I other words, if we have two shipments for Order# 40314 and the first shipment cost 6.95 and the second cost 5.95 I want a query where the results look like this: Order # Cost 40314 12.90 Thanks in advance Jim "James D. H...

Filtering a pivot table
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0058A94385256E35_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" I would like to know how to deselect everything (so that I may then select just a few items out of hundreds) in the dropdown menu for filtering rows in a pivot table. If anybody knows how to do this, I would greatly appreciate some advice. --=_alternative 0058A94385256E35_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" <br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">I would like to know how to deselect everything (so that I may then selec...

Question and Answer tables
I'm trying to create a set of question and answer tables, similar to the tables in Duane Hookom's "At Your Survey" sample application. In his answer table, the field for the response value is type Text. My question: What do you do about response values of other types, such as Numeric, Boolean, Multiple Choice, Option Groups, etc.? It is typically the case that not all questions in a list will be answered with text. Thanks, OldBlindPew I may be remembering an earlier version, but I thought Duane's At Your Survey allowed for more than one answer "type&...

Eliminating duplicate records in consecutive rows of a column
Eliminating duplicate records in consecutive rows of a column I have an Excel spread sheet that has 6,000 rows of text in one of the columns. I want to be able to eliminate duplicate records. Can this task be done automatically? In additional to posting your solution to this group, can you please cc: me at lpsca@earthlink.net Sub test() 'Assumes your data is in Column B Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Amend range as necessary Range("B1:B6000").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CopyToRange:=Range("C1"), Unique:=True Columns("C:C").Copy Range(&q...

PIVOT TABLE IN EXCEL 2007 #2
I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the list of column data appears all in column A instead of column B, C, D etc. How do I get the data into columns with its appropriate headers? Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "sid" <sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE7D4FA6-5F12-4F72-A12E-E9E223685790@microsoft.com... >I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the &...

Time Table Problem
Hi, I'll try to give as much detail as I can on this problem in order to increase possible solution alternatives. In a excel workbook, I have 4 Lists on Sheets 1, 2, 3 and 4 column A:A respectively. The list on Sheet1 shows "names of teachers". The list on Sheet2 shows periods (10 periods for each 5 working day of the week) that can be used throughout the week e.g (Mon1, Mon2, Mon3,...., Mon10), (Tue1, Tue2, Tue3, ....,Tue10), .........., (Fri1, Fri2, Fri3, ...., Fri10) totalling to 50 periods. The list on Sheet3 shows the lesson names+classes to take it (in the format lesson...

recording closing costs of a home sale
We have recently sold our house. How should we record this is Money (Money Plus)? I had an escrow account along with the home loan account. I think I can close out escrow. But how do I record the settlement money from closing? Do I categorize the tax paid from closing? real estate agent fees? Or can I be lazy and just write-in the sale price as (mortgage principle + cash received after all closing costs have been paid)? Then should I close the asset account that was our home residence? Or can I change this asset account to the estimated value of our new home? thanks in advance, ...

MS SQL Insert Data from One table to another
Hi guys, After seeing the benefits one can derived in developing applications running on sql, I have tried my hands on some small application, but with some challenges, and I will be grateful if someone can help me out. I want the contents one table to be added to some specific fields in another table. for eg. Table 1 P_Id pMonth pYear pRegistrar pFormType pCasetype ..... table 2 fID FormName 1 Land 2 Commercial 3 Defamation .... ..... I want to insert the values of table 2 to table 1 spec...

How to create a Pivot table from text file with more than 65000 rows?
Is there a way to create a pivot tabel where the source data is a tex file with more than 65000 rows of data? Normnally I just import th text file to excel and then create a pivot, but in this case I have to many rows but don't want to lose data. I guess I can use the create pivot tabel from external data sourc function but could somone take me through the steps to do this from large text file - if this is possible! Many Thanks -- morchar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- morchard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Combine Data from 2 spreadsheets to create a single Pivot Table
Hello From Steved I have 2 spreadsheets one is Called Auckland and the 2nd is Called Wellington. My Objective please is to use the data from 2 spreadsheets to create a single Pivot Table. Yes this is one workbook with 2 spreadsheets. is this possible. Thankyou. A person named Fazza shows how on Mr Excel: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1550658&postcount=3 I thought this was really cool, and now I'm incorporating it into a couple projects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://Peltier...

grouping data in a pivot table
Hello I have a excel spreadsheet that I need to change into a pivot table. The dates are listed in the date column daily. (1/1/01= $10 , 1/2/01= $ 10,1/3/01= 10) I want the pivot table to group the dates and give me the sums of a specific month. Jan 01 = $30. The reason I need to do this is because the pivot table is also stating that I have too many columns and it won’t show all of my data at one time. If you have real dates in that column, you can group that field by month (and year) inside the pivottable. Just rightclick on the field and choose "Group and show detail". Gr...

Accessing Tables
If your Acess Database becomes corrupt for whatever reason. Is there a way to still access the info in the tables. Also I thought of backing up my access tables as CSV files is this wise? Is it a good idea? My database will be split as well. Thanks DS only maybe. If you split your database, the likelyhood of data corruption is reduced. In my experience, it is ususally the front end or application that becomes corrupt. The data or backend becoming corrupt is more rare. You can try a compact and repair and see how that works. You can try using the TransferDatabase from a new mdb and ...

Default Value in Table 02-22-10
I need a default value in my table to be the date value of another field in the table + 25 days. When I try to place this in the default value box, it says there is a type mismatch. ="ANLDate" + 25 Both fields are short date format. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cora, What you are trying to do cannot be done at the table level. You will need to do that on the form level. Is there any particular reason you are doing this in a table? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!"...

How do I remove the individual subtotal lines from a pivot table..
I made a pivot table to subtotal sales to multiple customers for multiple part numbers.The pivot table summarizes by customer and then lists the nultiple part numbers purchase.I want to eliminate the company subtotal line and retain the individual lines for part number sales. also, if possible I'd like to retain the customer name on the remaining lines so it would look like this: customer part qty dollars A b22 3 3 If you double click on that Customer header, you'll see options for subtotals (including None). And I don...

Recording my macro
I've tried.....believe me I've tried. My fingers are sore. I recorded my key strokes using F5 for GOTO, such as A5, then C5, the E5, and finishing with G5. I review my code, and try to edit it to allow for user input into eac of these cells. I tried Application.AllowEdit and a slew of other -methods-, to n avail. There's gotta be an easier way to do this. What the heck am I missin here? Will someone tell me the big secret pleeeeeze. Going back to QuattroPro is looking better and better each day, but i ain't an option -- shboo --------------------------------------------------...

How do I delete duplicate records from an entire Excel workbook?
In Excel 2002, I am looking to identify and delete duplicate records in an entire workbook, not just in one sheet. Many thanks for any help anyone can offer. ...

Import information into customer table from Excel (RMS 2.0)
I have some information that I would like to script to update into RMS 2.0's customer table. I have one part of the organization that provides information for certain customers that are to receive a discount. I would like to be able to run an update query that if there is a customer in the database and also in the .xls documentit updates a field in that customer entry. If there is a customer that's not in the table but in the .xls document I would like to have it add that customer and populate what information it can. I think I can figure the query out on my own, but ...

Piviot Tables and Unique records
How can I get a count of unique records, by group instead of the # of occurances for that record. I'm not sure I understand, but if you want to count the number of unique values in a field, you can use a helper column: Say your data is in A2:A999 (headers in A1) then use a helper column and put a formula like: =if(countif($a$2:$a2,a2)=1,1,0) Then use this column in your pivottable (as sum). Gail McKee wrote: > > How can I get a count of unique records, by group instead > of the # of occurances for that record. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com >-----Original Message-...