rearrangement

is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What serial numbers and in which product of Office 2003?  More detailed
information needed to answer your question.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"vishwanath" wrote:

> is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:41:02 -0800, vishwanath
<vishwanath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003

Since Office 2003 doesn't have "serial numbers" the question is a bit hard to
answer.

What numbers? Which of the many Office programs (Access, the subject of this
newsgroup; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ...)? What sort of rearrangement did you
have in mind?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

rearrangement
is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003 What serial numbers and in which product of Office 2003? More detailed information needed to answer your question. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "vishwanath" wrote: > is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003 On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:41:02 -0800, vishwanath <vishwanath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in o...

REARRANGING PAGES
i HAVE CREATED A SIX PAGE DOCUMENT, BUT I NEED TO MOVE THE PAGES AROUND. PLEASE HELP Please turn cAPS lOCK off, and tell us which version of Publisher you are using. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi SHELL (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || i HAVE CREATED A SIX PAGE DOCUMENT, BUT I NEED TO MOVE THE || PAGES AROUND. PLEASE HELP Please help us help you: 1. Don't use all caps when posting 2. Please tell us wh...

XSD sequence rearranged
Hi! I have a problem.. I'm trying to get the XML from a dataset to conform to an XSD, but it keeps rearranging some elements. Try this schema: &lt;xs:schema id="test" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"&gt; &lt;xs:complexType name="test...

Rearranging the Rankings
Hi, Tom 3 Bob 4 Ed 2 Jane 1 According to other criteria in a prearranged spreadsheet these four people ranked one through four this week in a contest. Is there a way to rearrange their names (adding a new column(s) is fine) so that they form a column(s) one though four next to their rankings? Ex: Using existing criteria in two new columns you would get: Jane 1 Ed 2 Tom 3 Bob 4 Many thanks as always, Tom Select them all and Sort them on the 2nd column. Or am I missing something? "Tom G" <Invalid@Invalid.com> wrote in message news:m9vmn2p2kuunjepqj9gg4s1p2ut0em3...

How do I rearrange tasks.
How can I rearrange tasks on the gantt chart, such as swap it with the task directly above or below on the numbered list? Also, how can I delete a task and shift everything upwards? Copy and past screws up all the predecessors. I thought these problems had been fixed in MS products when Excel came into being. Nevermind, I figured it out. To move things you click the grey area that numbers the tasks. To delete a task, you select it in that same place and hit delete. "TheShagg" wrote: > How can I rearrange tasks on the gantt chart, such as swap it with the ta...

Linking worksheets, rearranging rows.
I have two worksheets (let's call them a & b). They are identical with around 1000 rows. I want to link the cells in worksheet 'b' to worksheet 'a' so data changed in worksheet 'a' will show in worksheet 'b'. However I need to rearrange the rows in worksheet 'a' to be alphabetical and worksheet 'b' will remain. What do I have to do to make sure the two worksheets are linked to the correct cell once worksheet 'a' is rearranged? I hope this makes sense Make your links absolute =SheetA!$A$1 Gord Dibbe...

Rearranging Data Help...
I have a date in cell E41 (Saturday, April 9) with team names underneath it (cells E42-E48). I also have team names in cells F42-F48. Then in cell E50 I have the date Sunday, April 10 with team names under it also (cells E51-E57). There are also team names in cells F51-F57. I would like to have the date Saturday, April 9 entered in cell A44-A50 and have the teams from cells E42-E48 automatically entered into cells B44-B50 and the teams from cells F42-F48 automatically entered into cells C44-C50. Then have this procedure repeat for each date. If you don't understand I can ema...

Rearrange a formula
How do I write a code to chart functions in this form After arrangement 2*x+xy = 4 >> y = (4-x)/x 3+xy +x = 0 >> y = -(3+x)/x So I just want the user to enter the function, then excel will plot it. I know how to plot the function after it has been rearranged, but what I don't know is how to rearrange the function to plot it Can anybody hep Thanx Both Stephen Bullen (http://oaltd.co.uk) and Tushar Mehta (http://tushar-mehta.com) have "Plot Formula" utilities on their web sites. I know Stephen's work...

Rearranging Public Folder hierarchy
In Outlook, the Public Folders hierarchy appears like so: - Public Folders - Favorites + All Public Folders - Internet Newsgroups - Master Calendar - ... How can I move all items currently beneath "All Public Folders" beneath "Public Folders"? It's redundant to have two. -- Jeff S. "Jeff Stewart" <jas@micronovatech.com> wrote: >In Outlook, the Public Folders hierarchy appears like so: > >- Public Folders > - Favorites > + All Public Folders > - Internet Newsgroups > - Master Calendar > - ... >...

Rearranging data
Hi again all, I just had some really awesome help which would have taken me months to figure our myself, so I thought id try my luck a 2nd time and see if I can find the solution to another problem I have, Ive got a sheet, and its got the followings format, A1 - Persons Name (Job Title) B1 - Hobbies C1 - Persons Name (Job Title) D1- Hobbies What Id like to be able to do, is to take the Job Title from within the brackets, and put it into say A2 (so basically moving the text and removing the brackets) and then take the hobbies and put them into say A3 then follow that by deleting the Hobbie...

Rearranging a legend
I need to rearrange the order of data in a chart legend, please let me know if there is any way except removing the data and adding them again in order Shaw Shawn, If you click on each series in the chart, the right most entry in the formula bar gives you the order that the series is displayed. Put a 1 in for the first, 2 for second, etc, and the legend order should reflect your series order. Robin Hammond www.enhanceddatasystems.com "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F80AD9-1728-4C0C-B27C-1CD965301794@microsoft.com... > > I need ...

Rearrange Data
I have a spreadsheet with over 200 sets of data. Each set is 4 rows identied by the letters a b c d in one column and the corresponding data in the next column. I would like to change this so that the headings are repeated only once at the top of the sheet and the corresponding data listed below e.g. From A - 123 B - 456 C - 789 D - 147 A - 258 B - 369 C - 987 D - 654 TO A B C D 123 456 789 147 258 369 987 654 Can Anyone help with a simple way to rearrange htis? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~...

Problem rearranging worksheets
I have Excel 2003 and have a workbook with several worksheets. I am trying to rearrange the worksheets in a different order, but the option to move is greyed out and it will not let me just click and drag either. Any suggestions? The workbook is not protected. Thank you in advance for your help Hi , Does the workbook have any macros in it that are preventing you or did you have any more workbooks open that have/had macros in them that are preventing you. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200908/1 No there are no macros. Thank yo...

Rearranging aTable
I created a worksheet consisting of two relatively narrow columns. But it's about 7,000 rows deep. I'd like to rearrange it so I'd have five sets of column pairs on a single page, so I could print it using one fifth the paper. Assuming there are 40 lines per page, I'd then want page 1 to hold items 1-40 in the Columns A and B, then items 41-80 in rows C and D, etc.. Is there a simple command to do this? if not is there a simple macro? -- PT http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "PT" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in...

Rearranging pages #2
I have a publisher file with multiple pages and would like to rearrange those pages for easier printing. On Excel I can just click and grab onto the tab and it moves the spreadsheet but publisher doesn't do that. Is there any way to rearrange my pages? Which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HiDbLevel" <HiDbLevel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01891D8B-B2B3-41D8-8E6A-D0945DB107F7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file with multiple pages and would like to rearrange >those > pages for easier printing. ...

Rearrange data in a column, Access 2003
I have a column that is for Page Numbers, and this particular table contains a letter in addition to the page number. Here are examples: 1A 3A 10A 1B 13B I would like to do 2 things: I would like to move the letter to the front formatted as "A- " and I would like to make one-digit numbers 2-digits so they will sort in the proper order. These letters are meaningful to the users. I would like to end up with: A- 01 A- 03 A-10 B- 01 B- 13 Can I do this? I've tried a few things that I found in other questions, but have not been able to get it to work. I assume I would use ...

Rearrange Timesheet view columns
Dear all, Do you know how can I arrange the Timesheet view columns in Project Server 2007. Actually I want to move the Dates Columns on the right of "Task name/Description" column. Can this be done through a custom WebPart or through change to relative aspx page. I'll appreciate your MVP help on this. Kind regards, Konstantinos Christodoulakis Senior Project Manager Hi Konstantinos, the only reordering you can do is using the "Server Settings > Manage Views > Timesheet". Hope this helps -- Thanks Marc Soester [MVP] www.projectserve...

Rearrange Toolbar Icons
Hello there, It is very easy to rearrange the toolbar icons on the main Outlook window. However, when in a NEW message window, how can I move the attachement icon so it is not next to the Send icon? It seems that the Customize menu choice is not available. Am I missing something? -- BP Barb <Barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It is very easy to rearrange the toolbar icons on the main Outlook > window. However, when in a NEW message window, how can I move the > attachement icon so it is not next to the Send icon? It seems that > the Customize menu choice is not...

Rearranging data on a stacked column chart
I use a stacked column chart to show the total number of hours worked each week per project. Because we are managing many projects that only require 2-4 hours of work per week, they do not show up very well on the stacked column chart. I would like to take the projects with 5 hours or less and combine them into one entry in each column to make it easier to read. Can this be done??? Anything can be done. The trick is doing it with a minimum of pain. This way takes a few minutes, but works nicely. I think I would make a duplicate range of data, linked to the main set with formulas. sa...

Rearrange Mail Items
Sorry if this topic has been covered. I have two outlook data files that keep open at all times (the main "Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing my habits. TIA, nautonnier do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery location on top. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

How do I rearrange pages in Publishing Layout?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to rearrange my pages in a 12 page newsletter and I can't for the life of me figure out how to move them around so they are in a different order. Anyone? Let me answer this "generally" so you understand the concept: Unlike Page Layout programs, Word is a word-processor. That means there is no concept of "pages" stored in the document file. Word "invents" pages when it displays or prints the document. So the generic answer to your question is "move the con...

Rearranging cronological data.
I have a set of 25,000 row wind data that I just want to flip so the last entry is first and the first is last. I have some crazy dates that don't match up in the data so I would like to be able to keep the order of everything now without sorting it by date. Im using 07. I'd insert a column and and put in a list from 1 to 25,000 and sort on that. In older versions of xl it was Edit, fill, series, Step Value 1, Stop Value 25000 and click OK if it does not work enter the first number yourself. Peter "Gatorman" wrote: > I have a set of 25,000 row wind data that I ...

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Rearrange sheet data
I need some help to get my data rearranged in my sheet. My spreadsheet contains Item Numbers and Customer Data. Column C to ? contains Customer specific information..Location...etc.. Col A Col B Col C:? Item # Customer Customer Specific information. 123 ABC Could be C:D or C:JJ 123 DEF 123 GHI 456 ABC 456 DEF I would like to rearrange the data to the following columns: Col A Col B 123 ABC Customer Specific info. C:? DEF GHI 456 ABC DEF One Item number could have 1 Customer or could have 1000...

In Excel how do you rearrange a list of address's in alphaetical o
I have 165 address's on a spreadsheet which using the post codes i wish to put into alphabeticval order, how do i acheive this function? Are the parts of the address in separate cells? And you you have headers? A B C D Street Town Province Pcode 100 Main Street Sometown NS B3J A1D If so, select any cell in the data and use Data > Sort and use Pcode as the major sorting 'key' best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx....