Reading multiple values from another table.

I have a table with general information in it such as Subject,
Reference Rumber, Comments.  I would like to have another table with
Company Reference and Responsibility. So when I create a new record
including Subject and Reference Number, I could look up values from
the second table to fill in multiple instances of Company Reference
and Responsibility. A better example would be a form to order pizza.
The main form would contain name, address, Size and type of pizza.
Then from the same form, you would look up toppings from a seperate
table to add multiple toppings to each instance of a pizza. Clear as
mud? If anyone can help here I would appreciate it.

Fain

0
cowiefr
9/13/2007 9:56:54 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Weekly report and multiple column counts
I need to generate a weekly of every Friday and give counts for multiple fields. So it will look like: Week # of Open # of Closed # Pending 7/7/07 9 2 5 7/13/07 17 0 1 7/20/07 12 3 6 7/27/07 20 0 1 How would I set this up? Originally I was going to have a temporary table with all the values and have the report's recordsource point to the temp table but what if multiple users run the report? Wouldn't the da...

Finding Values in a "Matrix"
I have a matrix I have created in Excel. I am using this for correlations. I have cells B1 through G1 filled with text names (the same values as A2 through A7). In the matrix fields I calulate their correlations. In a seperate field, say J1, I am calculating the highest correlation value from my matrix. What I would like to do in cells K1 and/or L1 is find the corresponding text names for that high correlation. So for example if cell E1 is Red and cell A2 is Magenta and their correlation is .95, the highest in the matrix, Cell J1 calculates .95. I would like cell(s) K1 and/or L1...

Reading .wks file

Can I set-up a rule to copy from Deleted Items to another folder?
I wouldl like to be able to access my Deleted Items from my PDA, but the only way is to have them copied to a new folder as the Deleted Items folder is not accessible. The only way you could use a rule is if you ran it yourself. Can you access the mailbox using IMAP? That would allow you to see all of the folders without duplicating Deleted messages. Why do you need to see the deleted folder on the PDA? Can you apply categories or flags instead of deleting the items? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

Do not display Zero values
Hi All I have two columns, in the first i have numbers, next labels. I need to make a pie chart that ignores all numbers (and respective labels) that are zero. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance! Stan Hi Stan, Check the example and the Alternative link example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm Cheers Andy Stan Altshuller wrote: > Hi All > > I have two columns, in the first i have numbers, next labels. > I need to make a pie chart that ignores all numbers (and respective labels) > that are zero. > > Is there a way to do that? > > Tha...

Multiple *.pst in the Folder List ?
Dear All: I'm still trying to find a way to bring multiple *.pst to the folder list. I have about 20 pst folders created in OL 2000 since there was the 2 gig limit. Some are merely archives of emails created over the years ( OL 97 > OL 2000 ) etc. I 've tried to open them and bring to the folders list. However I get a out of memory and resources error message. The machine is a 2.4 gig mhz dual cpu and 2 gig of ram , 500 gig raid hard disk. I've now got several key files, ( business A , business B etc) that are open but it is a real PITA to continue to remove the pst folder...

Public variable does not retain value
Hi Folks, I have a VBA module that: 1) creates a custom spreadsheet 2) creates a temporary command bar 3) adds vba code to the workbook module for specific events 4) controls toolbars per work sheet using event handlers When the new custom sheet is created a toolbar is created (if not already in existence). Near the end of the main module, to activate the toolbar, I am using Code: -------------------- Worksheets(2).Activate Worksheets(1).Activate -------------------- thus triggering the "Workbook_SheetActivate" code (which is created/added by the mainsubroutine ). The...

Pivot Table Size
I have a pivot table that changes size because of the table that it refers to is dependent on information inputed on another table. explanation: sheet 1 has 3 options you can input (but one column that is empty rests between the 2nd and 3rd column, that's why I can't use a pivot table directly with this table) regular hours, other hours, and department number. sheet two summarizes that table to three columns (essentially eliminating the extra column) Now on sheet one, when no information is inputed in a row, the results are zeros, and the pivot table is empty. But once you enter in ...

Tables/ queries question
I have a table for recording college attendances, some of the courses are at Campus 1 and some are held at Campus 2. I've got a field for course code, course anme and a check box to show if the student is at campus 1. When I enter the student ID number into the form, at the moment the name of the course comes up automatically in the text book, as I think it's reading the information from another database on the system. At the moment I've got a check box on the Form to enter manually into the table whether the student is at Campus 1 or Campus 2. What I wondered is if...

File won't open as read only

Table and query question
I would like to create a table that will relate an account to its parent(s). 1 account can have multiple parents, and 1 parent can have multiple accounts. And, a parent can have a master parent. For ex: Account 1 can have Parent 1. Account 2 can have Parent 1 and Parent 2. Parent 1 can have Parent 2. And, the queries that I will perform will request these data: 1. give me all parents of Account 1. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 (because Parent 2 is the parent of Parent 1) 2. give me all parents of Account 2. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 3. give...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

How to calculate compound interest given table of dates/interest rate
Hi, There must be a standard way of doing this... I have a table of bank base rates and the day on which they came into effect - about 50 entries in two columns (date/rate%). I want to calculate the compound interest on one of my customer's outstanding invoices from the due date of the invoice. My knowledge of Excel is basic, but even I understand there must be a standard way of doing this ;-) The interest rate table goes back several years, as does the outstanding amount. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks -- Mike As you can tell by the dearth of replies, this is not ...

Need parameter to write data to table: please help!
I have a query that tells me how long each batch will take to make in the factory. The fields are: release date, priority, status, work order number, vessel, vessel group, and total time. I would like to input the start time for the highest priority (lowest number) batch for each vessel group. I am going to use a form for this. How do I write a parameter to only use the start date I input for the lowest numbered priority in each vessel group? Create your form first. Then wherever you want to use the start date in your query, just right click and select build.. then browse to your f...

Delete Multiple Transactions
I accidentally downloaded a few statements that were already in MS Money and usually they just merge but this time they just sat there as duplicates. I realize there are some workarounds that delete duplicates but I have already began deleting items and at this point it would be simpler to just delete the last 4 or 5 months of data and redownload. Is there an easy way to delete multiple transactions? - the usual SHIFT and mouse click does not select multiple transactions. -- Rob MS Money 2002? In microsoft.public.money, RobV wrote: >I accidentally downloaded a few statements ...

Formula to update cell w/ActiveCell.Value?
Can I put a formula in a certain cell that will, on recalculation, update that cell with the value of the current ActiveCell? Ed Ed, Don't think so. But this sub will do it. Paste it into the sheet module. Change the location as necessary. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False ' prevent retriggering Range("A1") = ActiveCell.Text Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ed" <Ed_Millis@NOSPAM.Ho...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Getting rid of the formula but keep the Value
I have created a PRODUCT formula linked with certain cells and inputed the values elsewhere on the spreadsheet. However, whenever I cut and paste the values on another worsksheet or program, the formula shows up and not the value. Is there a way to keep the value when transferring it to another location? Copy>Paste Special>Values should work. >-----Original Message----- > >I have created a PRODUCT formula linked with certain cells >and inputed the values elsewhere on the spreadsheet. > >However, whenever I cut and paste the values on another >worskshee...

Multiple pages
When I use Publisher, it allows me to make a multiple page document on A4 paper folded in half, giving me four pages on one sheet of paper. (i.e. If I made it 8 pages, it would automatically print it out on pages oriented to make up a booklet with the pages in the order they appear on the screen.) Is there a way to set up word to do the same thing? On my PC at work I don't have publisher, but I do at home. I want to produce a specification in Word at work and print it out the same way publisher does. Is this possible? If so, could someone please explain in 'idiots guide' language h...

reading confirmation

keep formula after typing in a value in a excel cell
Hi there, my problem is, that i need something like: there is a function in a excel-cell (for example '=setvalue("sqlserver", "DB", "table")'). now i type in a value (for example 100) then the function "setvalue" must write this value (100) in the server, db and table from the parameters. after leaving the cell the formula is still the same and only the value 100 ist visible for the user. and if i go back to the cell than i can see the function in the menubar. there is a product from applix (TM1) and they did it. the problem is, that the souce...

The memory could not be "read".

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...