READ ONLY ERROR 03-15-07

Hello, Does anyone know how I can fix this.....It means that the control is set to read only (Enabled = No); that theForm is read only (Allow Edits = No); or that the subform is based ona Query which is not updateable.I have a subform on my main form and when i go to select a drop down from that subform...the read only error comes up....the information is stored, however the error still comes up????helpRW
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you open the main form with Allow Edits set to No, the subform will be locked.The subform also as its own AllowEdits property.Also make sure the subform's RecordSourceType property is Dynaset.If the subform is based on a query, try running the query directly from the Database window. Can you edit values there? If not, you won't be able to edit in the form based on the query either. For a list of things to look for to fix the query, see:    Why is my query read-only?at:    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.htmlIf you can edit in other controls, just not in the combo:a) Make sure its Enabled property is Yes, and Locked is No.b) Temporarily remove any code from the combo's events.c) Make sure the combo's RowSource is valid, and the Bound Column is the correct one.-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Ransom" <Ransom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:D812FE0D-FE1B-4C3B-A874-6F6C5A4B177C@microsoft.com...> Hello,> Does anyone know how I can fix this.....>> It means that the control is set to read only (Enabled = No); that the> Form is read only (Allow Edits = No); or that the subform is based on> a Query which is not updateable.>> I have a subform on my main form and when i go to select a drop down from> that subform...the read only error comes up....the information is stored,> however the error still comes up????>> help> RW
0
Allen

Reading .wks file

0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003
"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message. Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 with the purchase of a new computer and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my wife with our ISP. Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send and receive no problem. I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into "...

error attaching file to email
Getting the error: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the path and try again. The file is a pdf, about 74 KB. Any ideas?? ...

File won't open as read only

SFO Task Synch Error
A client's SFO is throwing errors when you create a task, either from the SFO Create a CRM Task button or if you open a contact within SFO and then go to Activities> New Activity>Task. The first way, you can create the task and when you save it, you get an error "An error occurred while trying to synchronize the task information to the Microsoft CRM System." Trying to first open the contact and creating a task actually saves the task, but first you get an error message. I turned dev errors on in SFO and here's the info: Description: An unhandled exception occurre...

#NUM! Error
Getting #NUM! error with this formula =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A:A="Alkalume 143")*(Sheet1!B:B="January"),Sheet1! D:D) Can someone help as to why. Using excel 2003, saved as xls Thanks in advance On Jan 19, 1:38=A0pm, Dick <bobde...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Getting #NUM! error with this formula > =3DSUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A:A=3D"Alkalume 143") >*(Sheet1!B:B=3D"January"),Sheet1!D:D) > Can someone help as to why. > Using excel 2003, saved as xls XL2003 does not support references in the form A:A in SUMPRODUCT. That is a feature of XL2007 and later...

error #12
i receive an (error:object does not support this property or method "viewctl1.outlookapplication") when i go to hotmail in outlook. no problem with msn mail - any ideas! ...

IMAP setup error message
Here is my complete error message: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system. Configuration: Account: Cliff-WC Server: mail.warmncozies.com User name: cliff@warmncozies.com Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure (SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc0e I used the same configuration to set up mail on my iPhone. Any ideas? "Dell_Cliff" wrote: > Here is my complete error message: > > Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network > errors. ...

Money 2003
Trying to open money 2003 (Windows XP) and when I try to type the password w/ the first key stroke it says error occurred loading the component report.dll. Need to re-install money. I have tried to reinstall w/ the system disks that came w/ my computer and it seems to only let me do a full system restore. I can not find the option to just install one program. Is there any place I can download that file or reinstall from online? Thank you in advance. Do a search on Google. You can find several DLL libraries out there. I just did one and found the "report.dll" file here: ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

macro to continue running if error
Hi, I have the following macro that is working fine. It is looking at a specified worksheet array and executing the macro "Filter" on each worksheets. However, in case one of the worksheet is not existing, I would like the macro to pass the non existing worksheet and continue running on the next available worksheet. I tried adding the following statement: "On Error Resume Next" at the beginning but it is passing everything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sub UpdateAll() For Each sh In Worksheets(Array("1", "2", "3", ...

Error connecting Outlook 2007 to exchange server.
Hello, I'm trying to conect my outlook 2007 to exchange server 2003 but it gives me an error displaying that the exchange computer might be disconected or I'm having network problems. The computer I'm trying to conect is registered in the domain and I'm using the correct account. The client computer has been formated and before all worked fine. I have other computer clients with outlook 2007 that work fine with exchange server with accounts that have the exact same privileges that the one I'm trying to use. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks ...

conversion error 06-08-04
Hello All, i am currently converting my database from 97 to 2003. When i converted it over i got an error in one of my forms. "Error loading ActiveX control 'datestart' on form or report" Any one got any ideas? Thanks very much Eoin Hi Eoin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. You might have a missing reference in your database. To check, go to Modules and click New to create a new module, or open an existing module in design view. This will open the Visual Basic Editor window. Go to Tools, References. Look at the top at t...

Error creating new company
I'm getting an error when creating a new company in GP8g44. It starts the creation process before erroring out with the error: The stored procedure startTheProcess() of form duSQLInstall : 299 : Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 213, Great Plains: 0. I did find that the database is created on the SQL server, however it isn't populated and does not show up in the GP dropdown. thanks, justin Are you creating the new company on the system with the SQL folder? You can only create new companies on the workstation where the initial SYSTEM install was perfor...

The memory could not be "read".

PA Revenue Recognition
(Running v8 with SP5) We're having an issue with Revenue Recognition on a particular project. After running RR, if we go into the Distribution screen the debits do not equal the credits. I have not been able to find any knowledgebase articles on this particular issue. If any of you have run into this before and could provide me with any tips that would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, --Nathan ...

Outlook 2000 Calendar error
Hi, I get an error when Outlook tries to update the Free/Busy data on it's normal schedule (as set in Tools...Options menu!) It says unable to update public free/busy data, cannot connect to the mail service provider etc I have no trouble with email or anything else, and the calendar works fine apart from that.... any ideas? thanks Philip ...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

run-time error 429
ok..I hope I am almost done bugging...but I finally got scanner, cash drawer, and printer working..hopefully...I havent got the pole display working as of yet..stil have weird symbols..no biggie...heres what I have done...I installed EPSON OPOS for .net and thats how I sort of got things to work...I went to go into Manager to test it all and I got this error Active X component cant create object... please help I am at final stages..I hope. never mind I foound a link and it worked...I found it after I came here.... "Angelique" wrote: > ok..I hope I am almost done bugging.....

SQL Reporting services error
I just installed SQL Reporting services. CRM is OK but when I try to access the reporting services web pages I get... Server Error in '/SQLReports' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible betw...

Error whilst changing the parent for some business units
Hi, I have the following business unit structure: - Organisational BU + Sales - Levant - etc... + Support I need to change the parent BU for some of the Sales child BUnits (levant, etc...). However, when I try to do this, I get an error telling me to contact the system admin. The application log contains an error stating that the server is unwilling to process this request (the only available description). Trying to do the same for the Support BU works just fine. Any hints or suggestions are really appreciated :( Thanks in advance Nidal ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...