QuickTime Control 2.0 and FBX

Hello,

I am trying to playback Autodesk FBX using Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. I
already have FBX plugin for QuickTime installed and I can play FBX files
without any problems using standalone QuickTime player. However when I place
QuickTime Control on Access form and load FBX file only blank form is
displayed.
Here are the steps I used to do this

1. Open new empty form
2. From toolbox select Apple QuickTime Control 2.0
3. Insert QuickTime Control in to the form
4. Open QuickTime Control properties and set path of my FBX file to FileName
or URL property

Regular movies like .mov or .avi play normally using this method but FBX
doesn't.
Is there any additional steps that would solve this problem?

Thanks,

            Petar
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:36:01 -0800, Petar
<Petar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

If you don't REALLY need to play the movie inside of your form,
consider running the file using the ShellExecute windows API, with the
Open verb. More about ShellExecute is here:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

-Tom.

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to playback Autodesk FBX using Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. I
>already have FBX plugin for QuickTime installed and I can play FBX files
>without any problems using standalone QuickTime player. However when I place
>QuickTime Control on Access form and load FBX file only blank form is
>displayed.
>Here are the steps I used to do this
>
>1. Open new empty form
>2. From toolbox select Apple QuickTime Control 2.0
>3. Insert QuickTime Control in to the form
>4. Open QuickTime Control properties and set path of my FBX file to FileName
>or URL property
>
>Regular movies like .mov or .avi play normally using this method but FBX
>doesn't.
>Is there any additional steps that would solve this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>            Petar
0
Tom
11/7/2007 4:25:01 AM
Thanks Tom for the help. I restarted my machine and now FBX file magically
works fine inside QuckTime Control.

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:36:01 -0800, Petar
> <Petar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> If you don't REALLY need to play the movie inside of your form,
> consider running the file using the ShellExecute windows API, with the
> Open verb. More about ShellExecute is here:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm
>
> -Tom.
>

> >Hello,
> >
> >I am trying to playback Autodesk FBX using Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. I
> >already have FBX plugin for QuickTime installed and I can play FBX files
> >without any problems using standalone QuickTime player. However when I place
> >QuickTime Control on Access form and load FBX file only blank form is
> >displayed.
> >Here are the steps I used to do this
> >
> >1. Open new empty form
> >2. From toolbox select Apple QuickTime Control 2.0
> >3. Insert QuickTime Control in to the form
> >4. Open QuickTime Control properties and set path of my FBX file to FileName
> >or URL property
> >
> >Regular movies like .mov or .avi play normally using this method but FBX
> >doesn't.
> >Is there any additional steps that would solve this problem?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >            Petar

Video control
Hi. I have a .mp4 video in a Windows 7 / Powerpoint 2003 presentation and it shows OK. I need to control the motion of the video: play, stop, rewind, etc. Is there a way? Thanks Martins .... a slider would be nice. I found it but I don't know how to connect it to the video. I can't find any reference about that ... may be it is not intended for that purpose. Martins You can't do that in PPT 2003. That function is available in 2010, which should be available sometime this summer. "Martins" wrote: > .... a slider would be nice. I found it but...

2 = 6
I have a problem unique to Excel 9.0. When I type my "2" key, in any cell, I get a "6". $2.11 will yeild the value $6.11 in the cell, 9.2 yeilds the value 9.6 and so on. However when I type "27", for example, I get "27" in my celll, "02", then Excel gives me a "2", 9.23=9.23. Is this a bug or is it possible that I've toggled a particular setting on? Tools / Autocorrect - Search for the 6 and delete it. Then look round and see who is laughing (The guilty party) and plan your revenge. :-) -- Regards Ken...........

Autocomplete not working #2
My autocomplete isn't working and it seems the correct settings are setup. I go to Tools>options>Preferences tab>email options>advanced options. I select "Suggest names when completing to, cc and bcc fields" In my Outlook contacts, I have a contact name Luke Tomsha, with and email address, ltomsha@xxxx.com. It the past, I'd like to type in luke and have it autocomplete, but it doesn't. Any ideas? Sincerely, Luke Autocomplete does not and never has used your address book. It uses a cache of names derived from messages you have sent. You won't se...

QuickTime Alternative
Using WinXP SP3 and IE8 (in this instance) The QuickTime Media Player has always proven problematic on my computer. Accordingly, I now use the QuickTime Alternative software which allows me to play streaming, web-based .mov (???) videos in my preferred Windows Media Player 11. I am also able to play .mov files from my own hard-drive with WMP11. My question is then...Why am I unable to stream and play the QuickTime tour and tutorial files regarding the newly released iPad at Apple.com? Their website seemingly insists that I download and install QuickTime 7 in order to view...

Groups #2
I have an Exchange 2000 server that I inherited that has all the email groups setup as Global Security Groups. I need to be able to add one group to another group and it will not let me. Is there any way to do this without recreating the groups as distribution groups?? Is your AD native mode? Global Groups can be part of other Global Groups in same domain. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Patricia" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u$u18zHuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 server that I inherited that has ...

Ink #2
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

slow outlook #2
hello. im using outlook 2002 at office and at home, in office my otlook is very slow even there are less emails and contacts in. other hand, outlook at home has lots of emails and contacts its working fine. the interesting thing is my home computer slower than the office. why my outlook at office is very slow? (i did all the crithical office updates) thanks Tolga Try going to Tools -> Options -> Other and turning off Instant Messaging integration. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "t...

Can this be done? #2
I need a formula at cell A11 to pick up the last non-empty value of the range (A1-A10). For example A1 101 A2 102 A3 103 A4 104 A5 105 A6 A7 A8 A9 A10 A11 -> 105 ---------- A1 101 A2 102 A3 103 A4 104 A5 105 A6 106 A7 107 A8 A9 A10 A11 -> 107 Thanks in advance for any help! Hi for a full explaination of the whole subject check out http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html for a simple formula which assumes that you've not got text and the last number won't be a zero =LOOKUP(2,1/(-A1:A10<>0),A1:A10) Cheers JulieD <jkclub2000@yahoo.com> wr...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

running check link #2
Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. What in particular are you looking for? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Anav" wrote: > Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting > process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. > > > I have a client who ran the routine of links analytical accounting, after this genre hav...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Case Resolution & Total Time in CRM3.0
I have noticed that the Total Time displayed when Resolving a Case is not accurate in that it only seems to show time spent on email activities. I have one case where an 8hr appointment shows up in the History but this is not being included in Total Time. Any ideas ? Ian ...

missing Message-ID #2
Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids unless using Exchange server. Is there anyway to enable this? Thanks Message IDs are generated by the server if I am not mistaken. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dave asked: | Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids | unless using Exchange server. | | Is there anyway to enable thi...

Money budget question from a beginner #2
once I create a budget and go to see the budget report, I can see excelent results of the months. The problem is that the report shows only budgeted expenses and if I have total of 1K of unbudgeted amount I will not see that on the report. Does that report and the budged worths anything then Or I'm doing something wrong? I gues it is second choice. Could anybody advise? Thanks. Are you showing income and expenses in your report? what is the name of the report? Is it the one that shows up from the budget left side menu? It should give you a bottom line over/under budget. >-----...

Duplicate Records #2
I am not real proficient in Excel but received a large (18,000+) file from Data Processing in Excel to use for a mailing. My question is, I need to find duplicate addresses and delete those before I do the mailing. I work for the school district, so many families have more than one child in the district and they only need to receive one letter. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Kristy -- Kristy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kristy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37546 View this thread: http://w...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Database #2
Please, I exclude a lot of message storage in my Exchange Private Database, near 4 GB. I made an online and offline desfragmenter procidure, but my priv.edb file stay with the same size, only priv.stm decrese a few MB. Please, what I can do to compact my Exchange Privat Database. Tanks, Luis http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Defragmenting-Exchange-Database.html But really, 4 GB is nothing for an exchange database. "Luis Buratto" <LuisBuratto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF36663B-9470-4202-8274-264479704B71@microsoft.com... > Please, >...