Question about an error

I'm getting the following error in a field:

#Name?

What am I doing that's causing this error?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The Help contains the following:

#Error? or #Name? may appear in a control for a number of reasons. To
correct the problem, do the following:

� Make sure that the field specified in the control's ControlSource property
hasn't been removed from the underlying table, query, or SQL statement.
� Check the spelling of the field name in the control's ControlSource
property.
� If you specified an expression in the control's ControlSource property,
make sure that there is an equal sign preceding the expression.
� Make sure that there are brackets around references in expressions to
control or field names that include spaces. For example, to subtract a
Shipped Date field from a Required Data field, enter the following
expression: =[Required Date]-[Shipped Date].
� If you are using one of the built-in functions, make sure that you're
using the right number of arguments, that the arguments are in the right
order, and that you haven't left out any necessary punctuation. To determine
the correct syntax to use, see the Help topic for the function you're using.
� If you are referring to another control, make sure that you're using the
correct syntax.
� Make sure that there isn't a circular reference to a control. For example,
if you specify MyControl in the Name property of a control, and then type
=[A]+[B]+[MyControl] in the ControlSource property box for the control,
Microsoft Access can't process the expression.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"silva" <silva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting the following error in a field:
>
> #Name?
>
> What am I doing that's causing this error?

0
Douglas
11/20/2007 11:11:32 PM
Another cause for this, I have seen, not sure if it is relevant on
forms, maybe more so on reports.

Sometimes when a control has the same name as it's underlaying data
source, the database thinks there is a circular reference.
It is worthwhile changing the names of the controls of your form to a
set standard naming convention, and the underlaying data having a
different name
(i.e. ctlfirstname as the control, and dbfirstname as the source)

Hope I am not leading you up the garden path,

Kind Regards
Anthony Moore
0
Anthos
11/21/2007 11:03:53 AM
Thank you, guys. I solved the problem. It looked like some bad typing and I
didn't realize it. The expressions couldn't find the bloddy fields due to a
typo.

"silva" wrote:

> I'm getting the following error in a field:
>
> #Name?
>
> What am I doing that's causing this error?

Backup question

IMAP Certificate Error
I have an SBS 2008 server migrated from SBS 2003. I have a GoDaddy class2 cert installed as "mail.mydomain.com" Everything works correctly with Outlook internally, RPC/HTTPS and POP3. The problem is IMAP does not bind to the correct cert. When I try to connect to the Exchange 2007 server via IMAP I receive "the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate is showing as the SBS self signed cert setup during the migration. The self signed cert and the GoDaddy cert have exactly the same FQDN. I have run t...

a question and a question

security error?
Please help! I have Active Dir, Exchange and SQL 2000 on the same Win 2000 server machine. Installed CRM OK. Made security service dependent as outlined in deployment guide. Created an account in CRM and can browse around, but cannot save anything. The error I am getting is: Server Error in '/' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<activity><activityt..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentia...

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

avoiding debug error
Hi, I have a speadsheet with a userform into which items being ordered are entered. Clicking OK launches another form with pricing info displayed thanks to VLOOKUP. All works a treat until we enter something in error which isnt in the VLOOKUP data range, at which point the debug error box pops up. What is the best way to overcome this? Any ideas appreciated. Many thanks, Rick "Alan Beban" <unavailable@no.com> wrote in message news:O7RHZBjWEHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > R D S wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a speadsheet with a userform into whi...

Error converting from 97 to 2000
I am having trouble converting an Access 97 front-end application to Access 2000. I am getting several "error while loading Form..." and then the last message is "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt". The 97 version has worked fine for a long time, so I am not sure where to go? Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Scott There are many tricks available to try to fix corruptions. 1. Create a new empty A97 mdb and import all the objects from the corrupt one. Recompile the code. 2. Decompile the code. Make a backup. Test the undocu...

MSExchangeAL error in event log
I continue to get the error below in event log regarding Exchange. This started when I demoted the DC to standard server which also had Exchange installed on the same machine. Message: The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x54b] The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating system was installed properly What has happed here and how do I fix it? Is there a wrong domaincontroller listet in the RUS ? "Larry Bird" wrote: > I continue to get the error bel...

Question

Error messages #5
The following two error messages occur when I try to get mail or send mail. How can I correct the problem. Any assistanc e would be greatly appreciated. #1.The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D #2.The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'pop3...

Microsoft Query question

Outlook Scheduling Error
I am get the following error when I create an appointment then select Track in CRM. I have also noticed that sometimes I do not get the error and it does not assign my account. This forces the activity to disappear from my calendar. If I go to the activity and assign myself as the resource then it shows in my calendar. Has any one else seen this issue? Scheduling Error The following potential problems have been found No resources have been selected for this activity. Do you want to ignore these errors and save? I am getting the same message. Did you ever get this resolved? "tkuh...

OWA Question #16

401K questions

Memory could not be read error
Hi, Excel 2000 + Win XP "The Instruction at "0x308e05f8 refreenced memory at 0x00000006. The memory could not be read" OK - I have nailed this sucker in part. This error arises when I attempt to save my workbook. The workbook contains my own macros and named cells and ranges. In one place I am using my function (does linear interpolation on a 2D data set) and when I use Normal Excel references eg a5:b12 its happy and works fine - if on the other hand I use a named range I get the dreaded death symbol and the previous error message. So I dont HAVE to use named ranges bu...

Synchronizing Error [8004010F-501-8004010F-0]
When synchronizing Outlook 2003 only when Outlook opens, some users are receiving the following error in their Sync Issues folders: 10:01:56 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:01:56 Synchronizing Mailbox 'username' 10:01:56 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:01:57 Error synchronizing folder 10:01:57 [8004010F-501-8004010F-0] 10:01:57 The client operation failed. 10:01:57 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 10:01:57 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:01:57 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

If / Then Question

Error Message when sending email
I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1 They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from within outlook. Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from...

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7