Query Problem!

How would I query this
ChargeDate,ChargeItem,ChargeAmount
[ChargeDate] >Date()-365
[ChargeItem,ChargeAmount] No Duplicates , 2 fields together No Duplicate

Thanks if you can Help

0
Bob
8/15/2007 5:44:55 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:44:55 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>How would I query this
>ChargeDate,ChargeItem,ChargeAmount
>[ChargeDate] >Date()-365
>[ChargeItem,ChargeAmount] No Duplicates , 2 fields together No Duplicate

SELECT DISTINCT ChargeItem, ChargeAmount
FROM [someunspecifiedtablename]
WHERE [ChargeDate] > DateAdd("yyyy", -1, Date())

If you want to display the charge date... and you don't want duplicates for
the ChargeItem and ChargeAmount... what do you want to see if a Left Handed
Monkey Wrench was sold for $29.95 on 4/1 and on 5/13? Do you want to (a) not
see the duplicate, (b) see the two records, one for each date or (c) see the
item and amount without the date (that's what my query will do)?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/16/2007 12:51:18 AM
Thanks John , The dates are only there so I can go back 1 year the actual
date shown does not matter.
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $39.95
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $49.95

But not
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95****
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $39.95
Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $49.95
Thanks for you effort....Bob
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:44:55 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>How would I query this
>>ChargeDate,ChargeItem,ChargeAmount
>>[ChargeDate] >Date()-365
>>[ChargeItem,ChargeAmount] No Duplicates , 2 fields together No Duplicate
>
> SELECT DISTINCT ChargeItem, ChargeAmount
> FROM [someunspecifiedtablename]
> WHERE [ChargeDate] > DateAdd("yyyy", -1, Date())
>
> If you want to display the charge date... and you don't want duplicates
> for
> the ChargeItem and ChargeAmount... what do you want to see if a Left
> Handed
> Monkey Wrench was sold for $29.95 on 4/1 and on 5/13? Do you want to (a)
> not
> see the duplicate, (b) see the two records, one for each date or (c) see
> the
> item and amount without the date (that's what my query will do)?
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/16/2007 6:36:26 AM
Brilliant John, worked fantastic:)) and I have added my searches to them.
Now is there a way a drop down Combo drop down list can open another Combo
Drop down list, So if I have 7 Combo lists , just one could control which
ones I open, Thanks for all your help.....Bob

SELECT DISTINCT tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge,
tblAdditionCharge.AdditionChargeAmount
FROM tblAdditionCharge
WHERE (((tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge) Like "*Vet*") AND
((tblAdditionCharge.DayNo)>DateAdd("yyyy",-2,Date())));

"Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks John , The dates are only there so I can go back 1 year the actual
> date shown does not matter.
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $39.95
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $49.95
>
> But not
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $29.95****
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $39.95
> Left Handed Monkey Wrench  $49.95
> Thanks for you effort....Bob
> "John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:44:55 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>>How would I query this
>>>ChargeDate,ChargeItem,ChargeAmount
>>>[ChargeDate] >Date()-365
>>>[ChargeItem,ChargeAmount] No Duplicates , 2 fields together No Duplicate
>>
>> SELECT DISTINCT ChargeItem, ChargeAmount
>> FROM [someunspecifiedtablename]
>> WHERE [ChargeDate] > DateAdd("yyyy", -1, Date())
>>
>> If you want to display the charge date... and you don't want duplicates
>> for
>> the ChargeItem and ChargeAmount... what do you want to see if a Left
>> Handed
>> Monkey Wrench was sold for $29.95 on 4/1 and on 5/13? Do you want to (a)
>> not
>> see the duplicate, (b) see the two records, one for each date or (c) see
>> the
>> item and amount without the date (that's what my query will do)?
>>
>>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/16/2007 7:01:09 AM
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:01:09 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Brilliant John, worked fantastic:)) and I have added my searches to them.
>Now is there a way a drop down Combo drop down list can open another Combo
>Drop down list, So if I have 7 Combo lists , just one could control which
>ones I open, Thanks for all your help.....Bob

Now that you'll need to explain. You can use the AfterUpdate event of one
combo box to change another combo box's Rowsource (which records will be
shown), Visible property (whether you can even see it), or Enabled property
(whether the user can make a selection from it). I'm not at all sure why you
have so many combos (sounds confusing for the user especially if some of them
don't work!)

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/16/2007 4:07:53 PM
Thanks John, Each Combo Box shoes a query that has a search e.g.: Like
"*Veterinary*",  Like "*Transport*" and some Date Searches like you just
showed me.
The Perfect Solution would be a table that holds Names Like Veterinary and
Transport , so you would select them from a dropdown list and another drop
down list would show them!.  Thanks for all your Help........Bob

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:01:09 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Brilliant John, worked fantastic:)) and I have added my searches to them.
>>Now is there a way a drop down Combo drop down list can open another Combo
>>Drop down list, So if I have 7 Combo lists , just one could control which
>>ones I open, Thanks for all your help.....Bob
>
> Now that you'll need to explain. You can use the AfterUpdate event of one
> combo box to change another combo box's Rowsource (which records will be
> shown), Visible property (whether you can even see it), or Enabled
> property
> (whether the user can make a selection from it). I'm not at all sure why
> you
> have so many combos (sounds confusing for the user especially if some of
> them
> don't work!)
>

>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/17/2007 2:05:00 AM
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:05:00 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John, Each Combo Box shoes a query that has a search e.g.: Like
>"*Veterinary*",  Like "*Transport*" and some Date Searches like you just
>showed me.

I'm sorry. This isn't communicating. A combo box doesn't "show" (much less
shoe!) a query.

What is the RowSource of the query?

>The Perfect Solution would be a table that holds Names Like Veterinary and
>Transport , so you would select them from a dropdown list and another drop
>down list would show them!.  Thanks for all your Help........Bob

Well? Why not? Create the table. Create the combo box.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/17/2007 3:44:03 PM
Thanks John, I have made a Continuous form from my query that shows all
Charges in the last 2 years, tbAdditionCharge and tbAdditionChargeAmount, I
then created another query from AdditionCharge and made it Unique Records
Value. I then created a combo box above my continuous form, (should it be in
the header?) with the new query I created showing just AdditionCharge(Unique
Records Value). What do I need in AfterUpdate to show all records of what I
select in my new Combo Box...............Hope this makes
sense................Thanks Bob

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:05:00 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Thanks John, Each Combo Box shoes a query that has a search e.g.: Like
>>"*Veterinary*",  Like "*Transport*" and some Date Searches like you just
>>showed me.
>
> I'm sorry. This isn't communicating. A combo box doesn't "show" (much less
> shoe!) a query.
>
> What is the RowSource of the query?
>
>>The Perfect Solution would be a table that holds Names Like Veterinary and
>>Transport , so you would select them from a dropdown list and another drop
>>down list would show them!.  Thanks for all your Help........Bob
>
> Well? Why not? Create the table. Create the combo box.
>

>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/18/2007 6:06:49 AM
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:06:49 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>What do I need in AfterUpdate to show all records of what I
>select in my new Combo Box...............Hope this makes
>sense................Thanks Bob

One way is to set the Filter property of the continuous form in the
AfterUpdate event of the combo.  Something like:

Me.Filter = "[AdditionCharge] = '" & Me.comboboxname & "'"
Me.FilterOn = True

so that the filter string ends up like

[AddtionCharge] = 'Veterinary'

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/19/2007 11:25:23 PM
Thanks John , Brilliant :)

> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:06:49 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>What do I need in AfterUpdate to show all records of what I
>>select in my new Combo Box...............Hope this makes
>>sense................Thanks Bob
>
> One way is to set the Filter property of the continuous form in the
> AfterUpdate event of the combo.  Something like:
>
> Me.Filter = "[AdditionCharge] = '" & Me.comboboxname & "'"
> Me.FilterOn = True
>
> so that the filter string ends up like
>
> [AddtionCharge] = 'Veterinary'
>

>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

MDI childframe problems
To create a maximized mdi child frame I tried this: BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; if (IsWindow(m_hWnd)) { ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); } return TRUE; } The window is opened maximized but the minimize/maximize/close buttons are missing. When I open a 2nd document and click on windows | tile the behaviour turns back to normal. Can someone tell what's wrong here? cs.style |= WS_MAXIMIZE didn't work either. It's opened in normal size. TIA, Hans Do this in ActivateFrame: void CChildFrame...

copy problem
I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the pattern. Help is appreciated. Hi maybe something like ="2440" & CHAR(ROW(1:1)+64) >-----Original Message----- >I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to >be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the >pattern. Help is appreciated. >. > With 2440A in A1, try: ="2440"&CHAR(CODE(RIGHT(A1))+1) and copy down. It'll work up to 2440Z. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I...

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation Problem
I use the following code to create the XML from a class object Dim serialize As New System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(GetType(XYZObject)) serialize.Serialize(obWtiter, obObject) But I need the following ' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="obj-envelope.xsd"' to be included in the in the main opening tag How can I cause the XmlSerializer to do that? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:O3KgGkN#IHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > > > I use the following code to create the XM...

Problems importing from DBF to Outlook
I've been importing records from my business database (Foxpro DBF) to Outlook's Contacts database for about a week and have run into a snag. One of the fields contains the contact's email address, and although it appears to import over to Outlook with no trouble, when I highlight a given Outlook record and select the New Message to Contact icon, I get the following error: "Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list." Since I have no distribution list, I assume the problem inv...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

weird WM_QUERYENDSESSION problem
Recently, I had a problem reported to me with (non-admin) operators unable to log out of our server systems. I tracked this down to the "Default IME" window associated with several applications (different each time) responding to WM_QUERYENDSESSION with FALSE. I went to the trouble of writing a test app that enumerated top-level windows and sent them this message just so I could check. Imagine my suprise when I found it wasn't even a window that we'd created for ourselves that caused the problem. Now we can fix this problem by turning off advanced text input services, becau...

pass through query

problem reading newsgroups
Hello All...For some reason, I am no longer able to read newsgroups with Outlook 2003. I then tried it with IE6 by going to 'Tools' and 'Read News' but to no avail. I went to the Microsoft KB but didn't find anything specific to help me.Anybody have any ideas? Thank you for your time. Reply was.....Look at this article to see if might help. If not, post back.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;q171190 Next reply.....DonL, Thank you for your reply. Couple of things; first, I'm using Outlook not Express. That shouldn't make much of a di...

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Space problem with .NET 2.0
I am loading an XML file and applying the XSLT using .net 2003 (C#). XSLT will add Space character in the xml. I am using the entity value for space character &#32. it works fine in .net 1.1 whereas in .net 2.0 the space character is not showing up in the xml at all. Any idea why this works in ..NET 1.1 and not the .NET 2.0 parser? However, if I use the entity (&#160) then it works well for both .net 1.1 and .net 2.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on why the space is not showing up with .NET 2.0 would be appreciated. Gaurav wrote: > I am loading an XML file and ap...

local and external address problem
Hello I've got one problem with exchange 2000 At configuration Outlook 2000 with use Exchange Serwer and outisde mail account. During sending a massages in this outside account(it's a default mail box), massage was marked as exchange local name (for example user@exchange.local) In result the receiver see local address and don't know what is sender external account (address) When I try force sending massage with external address (in field from) exchange write the error " you have no permission to send massage uses this account". How can we resolve this? Thanks for he...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Money Login Problems
I was unable to login using passport to retrieve my *.mny file after 3 years of flawless use. Then about 12/22/07 was unable to access the file using Money 2004. I went through the gyrations of chainging my password on my passprt account, etc. even though it would log in outside of Money, but to no avail. I then upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe in an effort to resolve the issue, but again to no avail. I am even unable to access the file off-line with the Money password for the account. After reading your posts here I realize many of you are experiencing the same problem. Any insight ...

Classification Problems
Hi I have tries adding classifications for some rental properties I own, no problem. I now find when I enter a split in categories it will no longer work as it auto adds split categories in the categories field and the new classification field????? If I delete the entry in the classification field it deletes the categories field. Hope this makes sense but its doing my nut in. Please help ...

problem with CTabctrl with button tabs
hai all I am creating a MFC dialog based application with tab control. I have changed tab control properties as button and fixed width. whenever tab changes im popping up another dialog (contains only OK and Cancel button) . the problem is .... when the tab changes the popped up dialog box is not responding on the first click ... its responding only on the second click. But focus is in the poped up window only. Because Its responding well with the key board. ( on the first key stroke...). If I pops up two dialog boxes continuasly the problem remains with the first dialog ...

Positions adjusted to match balance at institution
Recently I noticed that the ballance of my investment account in money (2007) did not match fidelity's ballance and I started researching. I quickly noticed (sometimes) when a divided was issued and shares repurchased with that divided money would just update the shares to reflect the amount of shares in the account. I had to go through 2 years of statements to correct this problem. I found this: When you purchase shares through fidelity, fidelity updates your account with the correct number of shares however the cash transaction made to purchase those shares does not clear unti...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Problem -- Personal.XLS is being modified message keeps poping up.
When I open any workbook using Excel 97 and then try to open another instance of Excel, I always get a message saying something like, " Personal.xls is being modified by 'me' ." I certainly am not deliberately modifying personal.xls. When I change its attribute to 'read only' this does not happen. Can someone tell me what might be causing this message by trying to modify personal.xls and what I can do about it? Thank you. A follow on to this problem. With no other instance of Exel running that I am able to detect, if I try to open personal.xls, I get a message...