Query criteria 05-23-07

Hello,

Does anyone know a good way of including special characters inside of an
Access query criteria?

IE, the following data is in a field that needs to be searched against:

Field 1:
dr100
dr101
dr102(a)

As so forth...how do you set your query criteria so you can search for the
dr102(a) entry?

0
Pinal
5/23/2007 4:48:45 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

hyperlink to web query
hi my problem is this. I can use the "=hyperlink(web page)" to make variable hyperlinks to differnt web pages. is there any way I can do this with a web query so the web query is controled by the contents of a cell that changes by a formula? like a variable web query. I'm kinda new to excel but any help I can get at this point will make me happy. thank you... ...

Writing a query
Hi all. I'm having a 'mare trying to write a query that will mark duplicates as duplicates and triplicates as triplicates in a sorted column - see below 30460508 30460508 30460509 30460509 30460512 30460512 30460512 30460514 30460514 30460514 30460516 30460516 30460516 30460520 30460520 30460520 30460522 30460522 30460522 30460524 30460524 Say this is Cl A - what I want as output in Col B is 2 against the duplicates and 3 against the triplicates....... Any help gratefully recied. Cheers Perhaps this formula coppied down... =IF(COUNTIF(A:A, ...

Query results inconsistent between computers
I have a situation where a few users are experiencing either a lockup or “Report Cancelled” when trying to run routine reports that have worked for them in the past. At first it appeared that perhaps there was a problem with printer drivers since the symptoms were the same as a diagnosed problem with that as a cause. The situation is this: I promoted a new level of MyApp.mde (level 6.07) in February. A few users reported having these problems, so I had them send me their MyApp_be.mdb tables; I could not reproduce the problem on my machines with either Access 2002 or 2003. I sent them stand...

Analytical Accounting 07-16-10
Is there any sample data for Analytical Accounting when you load TWO? This is for version 10. Thanks -- Jim DelMonte InterDyn Socius Hi Jim, There is no sample data that I am aware of, however, there is a training manual available (Analytical Accounting for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) that includes some Labs that you can use with Fabrikam to add some sample data. Kind regards, Leslie "Jim DelMonte" wrote: > Is there any sample data for Analytical Accounting when you load TWO? > > This is for version 10. > > Thanks > -- > Jim...

ODBC Pass-Through Queries
Is there a way to pass parameters to a server via ODBC Pass-Through queries in Access? Example: Doing a "select * from ThisTable" on a certain table in Oracle 10g at work (or linking to it via Access) produces errors when viewing the table. Namely the error in question is "Insufficient parallel query slaves available". This can be easily fixed in a native Oracle session by issuing the following commands: ALTER SESSION SET PARALLEL_MIN_PERCENT=0; SELECT * FROM ThisTable; This changes the session so that if there aren't enough parallel query slaves available to...

subform problem 08-28-07
Using A2k with Jet. I've never had this happen before and am lost as to what could be the trouble. I have a main form (customers) with a subform that shows a list of the current customer's locations (using Link Child and Link Master to synch them). Double clicking a location opens up a form for editing that location's data. When I close the location form all on the location subform seems fine until I navigate to a different customer. Then all the cells in the location subform go to "#Name?" on me. I commented out ALL the code in the pop up locatoin form to see if it was ...

Combo Box #23
I have a combo box and it is linked to cells in the worksheet that do calculations. I have three input boxes in the combo box, there is a fourth box that is the result of the three other boxes. So when values are entered into the three boxes the 4th box looks up a range in the worksheet which is the answer I want. The problem is that the answer only shows up in the 4th box when I click on the box and type in something, then the number appears. Is there anyway to refresh the combobox when I click on "OK" box or some other box. It would be a lot cleaner if the number appeare...

sumif criteria
The following expression works fine in Excel 2002 ver SP3: =SUMIF(Carlos!B14:B74,"<6",Carlos!F14:F74) When values in B are less than 6 the corresponding values in F are summed. However, I do not know how to write in the correct format when I wish to sum values in F for the B values of 6, 7, 8, and 9. Thanks in advance for any help. You could use: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Carlos!B14:B74>=6),--(Carlos!B14:B74<=9),Carlos!F14:F74) Tyro "Rick Stahl" <rcstahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:L-6dnVt7apYilQ3anZ2dnUVZ_r6rnZ2d@ptd.net... > The following expres...

MS Money Deluxe 07, Web Trial Edition
All, Having problems sharing a file with another user on the same computer. The second user cannot open the file. An error message reports that the file is in use or the drive is protected. I moved the file to the shared documents folder and ensured that all permissions are set to allow access. I've set the properties within Money to share the file with another user having a passport account. Still no luck. Is this something inherent to only the web trial version? Thanks, Mike Money is not a multi-user program. You definitely cannot have two users accessing simultaneously and even...

dsum in query
I have a field in query: New_Cost: [AllocatedCost]+[MonthlyCost]. I want a new field called Cost_Percentage which needs to Sum the column [New_Cost] and divide by each record [New_Cost] to get that percentage. Can this be done with DSum and if so, how? Thanks!! "D" wrote: >I have a field in query: New_Cost: [AllocatedCost]+[MonthlyCost]. I want >a > new field called Cost_Percentage which needs to Sum the column [New_Cost] > and > divide by each record [New_Cost] to get that percentage. Can this be done > with DSum and if so, how? Hi D, Yes it can be do...

Queries to lookup a value
I have a situation where what I want to do is: Combo Box one [Field 1] shows all the options e.g.: (Fruit, Meat, Breaed) Combo Box two [Field 2] shows all the options that have been limited by [Field One] e.g.: (Apples, Pears, Oranges) Combo Box three [Field 3] shows all the options that remain after filtering by Field1 and Field2 Once I have that I want to have a form field that Looks up [Field4] and puts it in that form field. This is to be able to say give me fruit, apples, fuji, and then put in the unit price field the correct cost. I could really use help on this!!! Thanks Searc...

Restarting Record Count in a Query
Hello, I have a query that returns these results for me: Badge No DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 Smith Mary 11111 Smith Joe 22222 Brown Bill 22222 Brown Mary 22222 Brown Jack I need to count the dependents that are linked to each Badge No so my results look like this Badge No Count DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 1 Smith Mary 11111 2 Smith Joe 22222 1 Brown Bill 22222 2 ...

Free/Busy information only displayed from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05
Since the beginning of the year, the Free/Busy window for almost ALL of my (800+) users is 'stuck' at 1/1/05 through 3/1/05. Most users publish 2 month's worth of free/busy from Outlook, so I should see one month prior to today's date and two months ahead. If a user increases the # of months published in outlook, the free/busy time is adjusted to 1/1/05 through the correct month, so I know that _some_ level of communication is happening between outlook and exchange. I run a mixed exch5.5 and exch2003 environment. Most clients are outlook 2000 or 2003. The problem oc...

2 Criteria Count and Sum
I'll explain my spreadsheet quickly. A bunch of vendors with statu (Active or Deactive) and then a purchases column ($ amounts). Example: Vendor - Status - $ 1 - Active - $5 2 - Active - 0 3 - Deactive - 4 4 - Active - 10 Please help me out. I believe this should be easy, but I can't figur it out for the life of me. I'm looking to do two things: 1- Count. I want to Count if the range equals Active and purchases d not equal zero. In the above mini-spreadsheet. I would want this coun feature to equal 2 (Two vendors have Active status and their purchase do not equal zero). 2- Sum...

installing CRM 07-24-07
Hi everyBody I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it. Can i create a server and client version on the same computer. I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well. Any Help greatly appreciable. Thanks in Advance -- Jaber Hi Jaber, First of all, Thank you for your interest in deploying CRM 3.0 Could you specifically elaborate more in what error do you encounter while installing CRM 3.0 ? For your reference, please read carefully the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide which can be downloaded here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID...

Random Number in Query
Hi. I am trying to get a Random number between 0 and 5 to appear on each row of a query. I can get the same number on each row (it changes every time I run the query) but cannot get a different random number for each row. Basically, I want to create some Test data by adding the Random number to a Received Date and then saving this new date as a Completed Date. I have created a Module to generate a Random number: Function Random_Number() As Integer Randomize Random_Number = Int(Rnd * 6) End Function Then, I call the function from a query: Field = Number: Random_Number() Ca...

Parameter query 09-09-07
Hi I have read through various posts and answers and for some reason I am missing something. I am trying to create a query that will let me choose a value from a drop down list before running the query. First I create a look up column in my main table and then another table with the look up values, straight away these two are linked OK so far Table 1 = main table and Table 2 = Focus Area Next I create a form with a combo box which is linked to the values the syntax I use in data row source SELECT [Focus Area].[Focus Area] FROM [Focus Area]; all still seems OK when I run for it lets me cho...

Query Help 03-22-10
Good Morning, I have come here for help a few times but due to security access at the time I was unable to post the info needed to get my issues resolved. I hope someone can help. I am currently creting a training database that will list 1. All Employees 2. All Equipment 3. The Employee's training level on each piece of equipment. (Which can be different) I am creating a form that will list this information and to keep track of the training status of all employees. This will keep us informed on which training each employee needs. I have also created a query that w...

Crosstab query columns not adding correctly
I have a crosstab query based off of a table "tblClaims". TRANSFORM (Nz(Sum(tblClaims.Count),0)) AS [The Value] SELECT tblClaims.LOC, tblClaims.RvwRsn, Sum(tblClaims.Count) AS Total FROM tblClaims GROUP BY tblClaims.LOC, tblClaims.RvwRsn PIVOT tblClaims.Report In ("C170","RC 85"); My end result should have one row of data for, example: LOC RvwRsn C170 RC 85 72 BTMJ 25 10 But instead I am getting: LOC RvwRsn C170 RC 85 72 BTMJ ...

templates 10-15-07
Need a template for commisions, percents and checks issued to salesmen to track what was paid ...

Web Query Import
I have some data on a web page and I want to use the Data/Import External Data/Web Query to pull the data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that the import tries to interpret the data and changes it. The first line below is what was on the web, the second line is what excel changed it to.....I've tried all of the options with no luck .... I just want it to pull it in as text and not mess with it. Any ideas? 083934 03830000 05 0.00 30735800000000000060 83934 3830000 5 0 3.07358E+19 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ have you tried pre-formatti...

how to save a query with new Name VBA?
I have a very complicated form to create a query with all kinds of dropbox, listbox, combo etc. I'd like my users to save each query with his own queryname in VBA. It is like a MSG box that asks for a name of the query, then save the current query as the new query. So, next time, users do not need to choose all the options again. Is there any function or Macro in MS Access to do so? Thanks, WoodyBarry You can either use a text box or an input box to get the name. The use the CreateQueryDef method to create and save the query. -- Dave Hargis - MVP Access <woodybarry@gmail.com> w...

asdf 07-15-07
asdfj deep I am in deep!! I am in Deep love now babe!! ...

pre-sales query : client information gathering
Dear All, As a pre-sales consultant, I have to collect and arrange the client information in a structured way. Are there any tools available for this or has anyone made a set of questions / process for doing this ? thanks and regards, mohit CRM is a great tool for collecting structured pre-sales data. If you are looking for a list of questions to ask prospects, you are going to need to be a little more specific: what industry are you in for starters? -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "shareaburger" wrote: > > Dear All, > > As a pre-s...

Re: Removing Access External Data Queries from Excel
oops, forgot something for each n in sheets("sheet1").NAMES n.delete next -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > With external queries to yahoo finance, etc I delete the names in > insert>name>define. > > for each n in sheets("sheet1") > n.delete > next > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett1@austin.rr.com > "Michael Kintner" <michaelkintner@nospam...