Query condition by date range

I'm trying to create a query to base a report from. I need it to return
records within a date range that needs to be specified, as in specifying the
beginning date and having the current date as the end date. A field is
included in the query that has listed dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. How
would I write the criteria? I have part of it ready - [Please enter starting
date:] . I know that's how you get the little question window.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:51:00 -0800, silva wrote:

> I'm trying to create a query to base a report from. I need it to return
> records within a date range that needs to be specified, as in specifying the
> beginning date and having the current date as the end date. A field is
> included in the query that has listed dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. How
> would I write the criteria? I have part of it ready - [Please enter starting
> date:] . I know that's how you get the little question window.

As criteria on the date field, write:

Between  [Please enter starting date:] and Date()
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

--silva

"silva" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a query to base a report from. I need it to return
> records within a date range that needs to be specified, as in specifying the
> beginning date and having the current date as the end date. A field is
> included in the query that has listed dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. How
> would I write the criteria? I have part of it ready - [Please enter starting
> date:] . I know that's how you get the little question window.

Timer for Queries?

How to Calculate the Date and The Number
Guys, Please help me on how to do the below calculations. Date (YYDDMM) 080131 = it goes like this 8+1+3+1 = 13 is the answer Text 1000888 = it goes like this 1+8+8+8= 25 is the answer Thanks This function will do what you seek: Private Function GetSumOfDigits(varData As Variant) As Long Dim lngPos As Long, lngSum As Long lngSum = 0 If IsNull(varData) = False Then For lngPos = 1 To Len(varData) lngSum = lngSum + Val(Mid(varData, lngPos, 1)) Next lngPos End If GetSumOfDigits = lngSum End Function -- Ken Snell <M...

Will Excel tell me when a date is near?
Hi all, I was just wondering if Excel is capable of alerting its user when date is near or when it has arrived. I know that alot of calande programs will do this however those programs wont keep track of th other information I need. I am trying to keep a list of my buisness' clients and when thie insurance expires. I would like a pop up message or some other type o alert when a date comes near. I dont know if Excel can even do this. Any suggestions will help. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a technique that I discovered a few weeks ago, and I am ...

conditional format multiple colours #2
not sure i understand about testing for a string? I undersand about using condtional fomat for 4 values , but I have possiblty of 8 Joh -- atme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- atmel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27586 John, I mean that I am reading that the cell will contain say '0800 - 15:00', not a time value, so you test for a string not a number. If you have 8 it is probably best to use worksheet events. Here is an ...

excel count cell with color conditional formatting
Can i count number (sum) of cells in a column colored with conditional formatting ? thx the formula is =ISNUMBER(MATCH(D3;$AL3:$AR3;0)) column D3:D400 color red It' difficult. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Marco" <marco.w-no-spam-please@email.it> wrote in message news:OL%23BeyG7FHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can i count number (sum) of cells in a column colored with conditional > formatting ? > > thx > > the formula is =ISNUMBER(MATCH(D3;$AL3:...

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

Sort by Hebrew Date
Does anyone know if (and how) Excel's sort by date function can be used to sort by Hebrew date rather than English Date? Excel can handle the year, but the months and days do not map directly. If you format the dates as integers in the form yyyymmdd, always using 2 digits for the month and day, the standard numerical sort might work. -- Gary's Student "Desperate Dan" wrote: > Does anyone know if (and how) Excel's sort by date function can be used to > sort by Hebrew date rather than English Date? > ...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

conditional formula question
I have a spreadsheet which shows, in column A, several phsical location of a variety of insect traps. In other words, I have replicates o several trap types arranged by field location. In column B I have th corresponding number of each trap type at each location. Is there a wa to construct a formula which will return the sum of all of trap type 'x from all locations. Here is an excerpt from the worksheet: Hanley CM Study Traps Biolure 1x 1 L2 (9008) 1 Biolure 10x 1 Megalure 1 DA (8693) 2 Combo (9010) 2 DA20 (8997) 2 Da20/CM3 (9228) 2 Val...

automatic date
Is there anyway that a specific date shall be entered automatically for example the computer shall search in the excel table if there is already a date as the 10 of the current month if not it shall input the date in a date field a cell each 10 th of the month after it past or on it ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Formula Dependant Conditional Formatting
I am wanting conditional formatting on an entire column of data (B). Each cell's format is dependent on the data in the cell directly to its left (A). When I select the Conditional Formatting for B1 and enter the formula to make it dependant on A1, it works fine. I then copy the formatting down the row. The only problem is that the format in all the cells are dependant on A1, not their respective cells from column A. Is there a way to copy the conditional format down a column that will cause the format's formula to change respectively like formulas in the cells themselves do? m...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Conditioning formating a data value to change to a color
Hello, What I am trying to do is lets say I have a bunch of numbers in column F (for illustration purposes I will only show one number) and what I would like if any of the numbers in column F are greater than 300 I want it to change the color of that number to red automatical (See example) date time day evening night 24hr. Totals 3/12/04 8:00 100 12:00 300 4:00 600 1000 (change to red) I have no problem with changing the number to red m...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Adjust the print range of a list
I import data (names etc) using a macro. The macro makes a kind o signature-list, layout with borderlines etc. Sometimes the data contains 10 names and sometimes 200 names. If the list only contains 10 names and I want to print, the first pag contains de 10 names the rest of the pages are filled with only th layout (created for the max. of 200 names) Is it possible that the area of printing is set automaticall containing the last name when the next cell in the column is empty ? The names are in the first column. Thnx PJ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try a macro li...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Do I have to enter a start AND end date for a task in Outlook?
I am getting a conflict when trying to sync between Outllook 2003 and Blackberry Desktop Manager. Error msg talks of a task having a negative duration and to check the start/end dates/times. when setting the dates, use the start date button. One click on a dtae there will enter the same data for start date and due date. If you want to have a period of time between the dates, use the start date button and wipe a period with your mouse on the little date navigator. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a c...

Conditional formatting in range
I have a range named "Range1" and have a conditional formatting putting letters into red colour if the condition meets "K6=1" When ever I insert a row between the range the conditional formatting formula is not copying, every time i have to use the format painter and copy it. Is there any code, any body pls help me thanks Go to: Tools<Options<Edit tab Make sure there is a check mark next to "Extend data range formats and formulas". Hope this fixes your problem. -- -Brigette "RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA" wrote: > I ha...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...