query 02-20-08

How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:51:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson
<GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days

A Query by itself cannot do this. You can write VBA code to launch the
query... but you'll have to explain, five days after what? Do you want to do
something today which will cause a query to run on the 25th, to run every five
days henceforward, or what?
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:51:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson
> <GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days
>
> A Query by itself cannot do this. You can write VBA code to launch the
> query... but you'll have to explain, five days after what? Do you want to do
> something today which will cause a query to run on the 25th, to run every five
> days henceforward, or what?
> --
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:28:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson
<GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like the append query to automaticly activate 5 days after the the
>data was entered on the form

You'll have to explain.

If you enter data twice today, once tomorrow, once next Tuesday, do you want
two append queries to run next Monday, one next Tuesday, one next Saturday? If
the fifth day is a holiday, can you count on your database being open; or will
you want something like Windows Scheduler to automatically open it; or will
you want it to be run the next time the database is opened?

What data will be appended - onto what - for each query? The data that was
added via the form? If so where is it in the meantime?

Please post some background. What are you trying to *accomplish* with this?

--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

SFO Error 08-27-04
Can anyone who has seen the message "The specified domain logon already exists. You must specify a unique domain login name or open the user record that is using this name already", please explain what causes this when going Offline in the SFO. Other than that, it's possible to get "you do not have permissions". Is there any way to resolve this, other than install SFO onto a client logged onto the CRM domain, as opposed to a trusted domain (of which such a trusted user is able to be used succesfully within CRM with automatic login in intranet zone, indicating it at le...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Vlookup #20
Is it possible to do a lookup that allows you to look at another tab and say if it's in that list then tag it with a yes? and if its not leave it blank? for example: Column A Column B A Y B C Y the corresponding tab will have some that match Column A -- if there is one corresponding can Column B show a Y Thanks Hi, Not enought info, best to show us a sample of the data Suppose the letters A, B, C are located in Sheet2 range A1:A10 then =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:A$10,1,FALSE)),&qu...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

autopopulate 02-22-08
I am creating a data entry form to populate a main table. I am trying to get 2 forms in the field to auto populate with info based on the answer to a previous field. Something like this in my activity code field If the entry is 487, then the next field (type of unit) should autopopulate Acre, the next field (cost per unit) should autopopulate 398.99. I made a table just for those fields. I just cannot get it to work right. There are other fields in the form, but those will be entered manually. Any insight. I am just learning access and any help is appreciated. Hi, You can use a Dlooku...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

unlock iphone 03-03-08
Hi friends, if you want unlock iphone, all version, 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 OTB, today you can for 19 euros!! Go on http://www.fastunlockiphone.com ...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Blind carbon copy 02-03-10
Where is the blind carbon copy icon to use????? Not an icon. Open a new message window: View | All Headers. Or, just click on the "To" and select recipients to add to any field that way. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88FEEEE-F8BF-4744-8C34-B48EBD29FBA8@microsoft.com... > Where is the blind carbon copy icon to use????? ...

Linking tables in a query
I have a database that contains information on a certain number of individuals during different session. Table 1 'tbl_Tracking_Form1' has information on sessions 2,4 and 6. Table 2 'tbl_Tracking_Form2' has information on sessions 1,3 and 5. Table 3 'tbl_General_Info' has demographic information on all the individuals (those who will eventually attentd sessions 1,2,3,5,5 and 6). I need to create two reports. One (Report1) should display all the information on the individuals during session 2, 4 and 6 and another(Report2) that displays all the information on the i...

Query in Access 2007
I have linked via ODBC tables from another database. I have created a query to pull in two columns of information from the two tables in the query. I would like to add an extra column that is only created when the query is run, to dynamically number each row incrementally, depending on how many rows the query returns. If it returns 10 rows, then the first column should be numbered 1 to 10, if it returns 357 rows, then the rows should automatically incrementally number each from from 1 to 357. Try this but substitute your table and field names. Prim is your primary key. This can o...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...

query question
I want to be able to run a query i guess to populate the additional information fields in the customer properties. I sell certain items that have warranties and serial numbers and would like the product name (or discription) to display on the first field the date of purchase on the second feild, and the serial # on the third field. I would like to be able to run this query i guess on a weekly bases and be able to run t for all of my past sales as well. Victor ...

Import excel to access 08-05-03
Since upgrading to OfficeXP my usual import of excel files to access (for reporting purposes) is not importing all product codes. The codes are a mix of alpha- numeric. I have tried making them "text" in excel before importing, which did bring the numeric codes across but left the alph-numeric mix blank. Can anyone help? Since Excel is not a database, using "mixed" data types in a column causes a problem when Access has to "guess" which one to use. Access examines the first 15 rows (or so) and makes a guess. If you want to "force" Access to guess...