Queries 05-14-07

Dear Sirs,
I have two select queries.
I would like to combine the data from this two, into one query (something
like merging the data) - query 1 + query 2 = query 3
Can someone tell me how to do do that?
Thanks
Klaus
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It depends...

We're not there.  We can't see what you're doing.  Post the SQL of the
two queries as well as information about what the queries do and what
you would like this 3rd query to output and we'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Jason Lepack

On May 14, 8:41 am, Amateur <Amat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> I have two select queries.
> I would like to combine the data from this two, into one query (something
> like merging the data) - query 1 + query 2 = query 3
> Can someone tell me how to do do that?
> Thanks
> Klaus

0
Jason

FA Query
I am wondering if I can change value for fully depreciated assets to 1$ instead of 0 $ , and if I am going to run depreciation again for this asset the system will not change the 1$ value. I mean can I keep 1$ amount for all fully depreciated assets in the system? Any help would be appreciated. Enter a $1.00 Salvage Value for each asset, You'll need to recalculate depreciation on those assets but it should leave you with a $1.00 asset value. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot...

Calculated Field (Current Date plus 14 days)
Dear Experts: I would like to insert a calculated field into a letter. The field is first to reference a bookmarked field {DATE} that is placed in the letterhead (bookmark name = CurrentDate). Then 14 days have to be added to this bookmarked {DATE}-Field and the result is to be displayed in a field. Is that possible. Regards, Andreas See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_other_than_today.htm and especially the links to http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

error message 11-14-07
I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error." when I try to open my data base. This is a linked data base that the employees use. I can open the main data base with no problem. This just started happening this morning. -- clcnewtoaccess This probably has something to do with the linked tables. Try to relink the tables one by one and you'll be prompted with the one causing the trouble (renamed?) hth -- Maurice Ausum "clcnewtoaccess" wrote: > I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message...

email to a queue 05-25-05
Is there a way to send a mail to a queue in CRM? What we want is to trap emails sent to a common mail id and have these mails show up in a queue. Is there a way to do it? Thanks Read the implementation guide. Queues can be set up with emails so you can send an email to support@yourcompany.com and crm will move it into a queue. c360.com have a tool that monitors the queues and creates cases from incoming emails -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "ntcrsk" <ntcrsk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED595C2-E5BE-485F-B759-465C329DF...

Advanced Find 11-22-07
Is there a way to limit which users can access certain saved views in advanced find? Thanks, Jason I am not sure if you really mean hiding the tool or just controlling who can save views using this tool. Assuming you don't want users to save views, you can control permissions for saving views in advanced find, there is one privilege called "saved view", you will find it in the core records tab of any security role. you can change the access level to none, which means the user who is assigned this role, won't be able to save a query, meantime, you are still allowing t...

Query Criteria IIf statement
I'm using MSAccess 2003 and this seems like a simple process, especially compared to some of the things I'm trying to do in my database. In the criteria of a query field, I am using the following IIf statement: IIf([FYAGR]>3000000,3,<4) [FYAGR] is a different field in the same query. When [FYAGR] is greater than 3,000,000, I get 3 as expected, but no matter how I word the range of numbers I'm looking for in the false part of the statement, my query returns no records. If I remove the IIf statement and place '<4' I get the correct range, but no ...

What is wrong with this query?
strSql = "INSERT INTO tblARDatabase ( PTN_CTL_NO, CL_TYPE, RID, RELATION, PROV_NO, PROV_NAME, CARR_ID, CARR_NAME, CARR_ADDR1, CARR_ADDR2, CARR_CITY, CARR_STATE, CARR_ZIP, ICN, CLAIM_TYPE, LSTFRDT01, LSTTHDT01, TOT_CHG, BALDUE, FILLER20, TotalAmountRequested, AccrInterest, [Date], TypeMSPSituation, TotalMedicareCharges, TotalAccrInterest, OrigMailDt )" SELECT MASTER_CLAIMS.DCN, MASTER_CLAIMS.CL_TYPE, MASTER_CLAIMS.RID, MASTER_CLAIMS.RELATION, MASTER_CLAIMS.PROV_NO, MASTER_CLAIMS.PROV_NAME, MASTER_CLAIMS.CARR_ID, MASTER_CLAIMS.CARR_NAME, MASTER_CLAIMS.CARR_ADDR1, MASTER_CLAIMS.CARR_AD...

More 07 questions
I have set up a corp template being used to transition ppts from 03 to 07. Finally seemed to have worked out most of the charting and bullet issues. I notice when I display the selection pane that titles are not always listed as titles, often listed as "rectangle", similarly charts are often listed as "object", bulleted text on a word slide is listed as rectangle. Is this something to correct? Likewise on the layout in master I have "arranged" the various placeholders on each layout to follow the convention of 1 - title 2- subtitle 3- custom ...

Intergation Manager Query Timeout
IM using a source adapter for an advanced ODBC query. The query runs in SQL Query analyzer in under 18 seconds, but times out when run or previewed in IM. Here is my connect string for the DSN: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=Pappy;UID=sa;PWD=xxxx;APP=Integration Manager;DATABASE=oc_bos;Command Timeout = 19200;Connect Timeout = 19200 What is causing the timeout in IM? ...

Digital ID 05-04-10
I read the response re: the digital ID message however when I go to Tools, options, security on the email being sent the check for Digital ID isn't there and when I try to send the email it says I don't have an digitial ID. I am a little confused. Can someone help. "kkimmeth888" <kkimmeth888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F352B21-5B0A-404E-A3F6-5DB8AFFF66C2@microsoft.com... >I read the response re: the digital ID message however when I go to Tools, > options, security on the email being sent the check for Digital ID isn't ...

Outlook Freezes 05-15-10
I have Outlook 2007 and using IE 7. My Outlook freezes when I am looking at my email. When I select ALT CTRL DEl, I see a Mod called "hungapp". What is this? How do I get rid of it? Is this a Window Exolorer thing or a virus? Thanks..Dukey Your other option is neither has "hungapp" is Microsoft's way of logging that an application has stopped responding and the operating system it will terminate after it realizes its dead. You need to find out why Outlook is hanging. Out of curiosity, what operating system are you running (XP or Vista)? About th...

EXCEL.EXE Process Won't Die After Quitting Excel (Seems MS Query Related)
I recently started using the Database Query feature of Excel. Now, if I create a new query during my Excel session, and then later quit Excel, I notice that the "EXEL.EXE" process is still running (I see it via the task manager). If I then try to run Excel again, the toolbar and menubar show up, but the main window is gone. I have learned now that I need to kill the Excel process in task manager before trying to run Excel again. This only seems necessary, though, when I create a new query using the "New Database Query" menu item. Is this a known bug? I am running Exc...

IE8 06-05-10
I developed the .Aspx pages and the setting of the aspx pages in IE5 is good but when i used the IE8 for see the pages the alignment of the aspx pages are changes ,why this is happen? same is in other browser, plz send the solution Please avail yourself of these Developer-specific resources: MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web site or test pages in your first post. IE Developer Center http://msdn.microsoft.c...

Help with Formula #14
Hi, Just need help with a quick formula. Column A contains the Month (i.e. January, February, March etc..) Column B contains either "Open" or "Closed" I currently have the following formula in column C :- =COUNTIF(B1:B54,"Open") This counts how many cells in column B contain "Open" I would like a formula in the cell that say's countif A = January and B = Open. Thanks Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A154="January")*(B1:B154="Open") -- Special- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Special-K's Pr...

Field not updating in Form based on Query.
I have a form based on a query joining 3 tables. It was working fine until i added another table to the query. Now it won't update the table when the field on the form is updated. The field was being updated before. On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:52:06 -0700, Venus <Venus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form based on a query joining 3 tables. It was working fine until i >added another table to the query. Now it won't update the table when the >field on the form is updated. The field was being updated before. A four-table query is very unlikely to allo...

query update
I have a query that is derived from 3 tables with relationships. i want the user to open a form and be able to change data in that query. i'm assuming it is not letting me because it is derived from more than one table. is the only solution to this is to create a table off the query and then base my form on that table. wasnt sure if there was a different way around this. thanks DD wrote: > I have a query that is derived from 3 tables with relationships. i > want the user to open a form and be able to change data in that > query. i'm assuming it is not letting me ...

External data query
No questions on setting it up, but where does it store that information? I want to be able to allow a user to change the URL (data on the new URL is in the SAME exact format as the one when it was first setup). Is this possible? Data>Import External Data>Edit Query. Change the URL Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:13:37 -0700 (PDT), Nondisclosure007 <nondisclosure007@gmail.com> wrote: >No questions on setting it up, but where does it store that >information? I want to be able to allow a user to change the URL >(data on the new URL is in the SAME exa...

FORMULA #14

Conditional Formatting Access 07
I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them, I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I remove the formating, the message does not appear. How do I stop this? What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at...

$05 Q: How to handle mutual fund maturity class change?
Probably and old question here but I haven't found it scrolling back through time. After X number of years a mutual fund matures and is automaticly converted from Class B shares to Class A shares at the brokerage. Class A and Class B shares exist in the portfolio both before and after this activity. How does one handle it in Money 2005? A buy/sell messes up the overall ROI. It would be nice to do a spin-off, but Money doesn't offer that option for mutual funds. So the trick is to do a split/rename set of transactions. We can help you with that if you provide some details. -- M...

Query Help: Average of Columns Per Row
I have a table: DATE, Region, HOUR0, HOUR1, ... HOUR23 1/1/10,ABC, 123, 231,...,141 I want to write a query that returns not only the records filtered by Region (That was easy with a parameter) but also the daily average appended for importing into an Excel spreadsheet for charting purposes (hence I need the daily average computed at run time): DATE, Region, HOUR0, HOUR1,...,HOUR23,DAILYAVERAGE 1/1/10,ABC, 123, 231, ..., 141, 271 Any ideas? Idgarad wrote: > > I have a table: > > DATE, Region, HOUR0, HOUR1, ... HOUR23 > 1/1/10,ABC, 123, 231,...,141 ...

Simple calc query
I am new to Excel and have Excel 2007 if that makes any difference. I am just trying to write my own vehicle logbook for my own vehicle which is used personally and for work. To denote this I have done the following: value 1 value2 Notation work column Personal column The above are different cells. Value 1 is the start mileage. Value2 is the end mileage. Notation is either P or W. Work Column has the formula =IF(Ex="P",Dx-Cx,) where the "x" equals the cell number (eg, E6 or whatever) and of course it goes for rows from A downwards. The end result, so far, is that...

Dcount: referencing a saved query field in a mathematical expression
Hi all, Quick question regarding referencing a saved query field in a mathematical expression for a dcount function. I have a saved query called GetTmpTotPayoutFSR with the following code: SELECT payee_id, period_id, manager_flg, financial_center, cp_spread AS spread, annual_goal FROM WORK_TOT_PAYOUT WHERE manager_flg=0; -------------------- This saved query is referenced in the following update statement that utilizes a dcount: UPDATE WORK_INDV_MGR_BUMP AS IMB SET tier_1_count = dcount("[payee_id]","[GetTmpTotPayoutFSR]","financial_center = '"...

Querying Access database
I have an Excel query that is based off of a union query in Access. I keep getting the error "Too few parameters", even though I can't find anything wrong with the query. The only problem seems to be that the data source is a union query instead of a select query. Any suggestions? Thanks. If you click on the SQL button in the MS Query window, you can view & edit the SQL statement directly. If you have a working query in access, open the database, go to the query you want, and the query editor will also have a SQL button. You can copy the SQL statement from Access ...

Help needed with query design
I have a master table with 25 fields and each month I receive a table with updated data that needs to be checked against the original table to identify any changes in any of the records 25 fields (such as added records or any changes to any field in any existing records)....I have found no way to set up the query to do this...What am I missing... I need to have the query to return only changes made in the updated table that are not in the master table.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Well, how do you match master table records to update table records? Is there a field or...