properties error in the field in the form

I just created a form.  On the fields there must be an error in the
properties.  I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the
#error Error.  It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying table
correctly so what should I check?

=Employees!Emp_ID
=Employees!FirstName
=[Salary]

thanks,
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If the fields are bound to textboxes on the form, you do not need to use a
reference to the underlying table or query.

Emp_ID
FirstName
Salary

should be all you need in the controlname property.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Janis" <Janis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just created a form.  On the fields there must be an error in the
> properties.  I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the
> #error Error.  It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying
> table
> correctly so what should I check?
>

> =Employees!Emp_ID
> =Employees!FirstName
> =[Salary]
>
> thanks,

0
Arvin
10/30/2007 1:55:37 AM
I'm trying to bind the field to the table.  It doesn't seem to work.  I try
binding it to the table and also I tried binding it to the fields listed in
the form.  neither one works.  What else could I try?  It says "control can't
be edited it is bound to an unknown field emp_ID"
thanks,
"Janis" wrote:

> I just created a form.  On the fields there must be an error in the
> properties.  I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the
> #error Error.  It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying table
> correctly so what should I check?
>

> =Employees!Emp_ID
> =Employees!FirstName
> =[Salary]
>
> thanks,
The form wasn't bound to the table, now it is :-) thanks,

sweet37helena@google.com hi are you
"Janis" <Janis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just created a form.  On the fields there must be an error in the
> properties.  I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the
> #error Error.  It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying
table
> correctly so what should I check?
>

> =Employees!Emp_ID
> =Employees!FirstName
> =[Salary]
>
> thanks,

0
HELENA
10/30/2007 4:26:27 AM
sweet37helena@google.com hi are you
"Janis" <Janis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just created a form.  On the fields there must be an error in the
> properties.  I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the
> #error Error.  It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying
table
> correctly so what should I check?
>

> =Employees!Emp_ID
> =Employees!FirstName
> =[Salary]
>
> thanks,

0
HELENA

form's keep moving down the screen when I tab through them
I have a couple forms in my db. When I'm on one form and then I click the next form, it starts .5 inch lower than max screen, if I keep doing this it keeps getting lower and lower, until I have to go into view and have to maximize it. What causes this? Ryan ...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

SFO GoOffline Error
We installed CRM on a new server and now when I attempt to Go Offline with SFO I get an error: "CRM Sales for Outlook cannot go offline. The user does not have the sufficient privileges, or the Microsoft CRM server was not found." I'm an administrator in CRM so I should have sufficient privileges. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SFO (the first time I did this I didn't delete the CRM MSDE so this time I did) but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas? Danielle "Danielle" <danielles@ccr1.com> wrote in message news:uTxHxOMeFHA.2888@TK2MS...

Outlook 2003 Error #4
Using XP (clean install) with OL2003. Keep getting the same Outllib.dll error in Outlook.exe. Outlook.Exe Appver: 11.0.5510.0 Appstamp: 3f1380f0 Module Name: Outllib.Dll Mod. Ver: 11.0.5608.0 Mod Stamp: 3f35d24e fDebug: 0 Offest: 0000b746 Have all service packs installed for XP & OL2003. Is there a website that I can visit to analyze this error message. Thanks in advance! ...

Windows Scheduler Error
When I run the scheduler, I get this message: "The Task Image is corrupt or has been tampered with. User.Feed.Synchronization-{08D8EE38-23BB-4C70-8FAD-84B0186399CA}" Any suggestions on resolving this? Thanks! ...

a drop down field WITH the ability of free input
I would like to be able to create a drop down field WITH the ability of free input thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a02bd60d-12b8-4620-8a83-52ee95f5b...

Formula error #2
I am trying to create a simple formula to grab the text from a cell in another worksheet (same workbook). Instead of getting the text, the following is displayed (which is the text of my formula, not the text in the cell it should be reading): ='amen shell'!c1 What am I doing wrong?? Thanks! Your cell was probably formatted as Text when you entered your formula. Change the format to General, click in the cell to edit, then hit Enter. In article <43B3041F-CBAE-408F-AE25-FDD8323FE625@microsoft.com>, Ashley <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying t...

shape property based on other shape property
I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs. I am using Visio 2007. I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and Phase. The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42. The Phase corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C. I want to know how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property. Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two Circuit IDs. Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4". In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B. I fi...

Adding a drop-down form field into individual cell
Hi, I�m tabulating data for a report and one field (column) is limited t two options (non numerical data). I would like to insert a drop-dow menu into individual cells in this column. When an option is selecte in the drop-down, I will only be using the data in that column to sort not calculate. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? Any help i appreciated -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1485 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Error Message Detect and Repair
I am using Windows VISTA 64 bit Home Edition I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003 software I am receiving the following error message: 'Error 1919 configuring ODBC Data Source Component not found in registry.' I research this error online and found instructions from Microsoft support to help correct this problem One of the instructions was to export two .reg files from another computer on my network where the software was working and then import them to the computer that needed to be fixed. I did this, but it was not successful because on one of the ODBC fil...

Error with Dexterity in 9.0 SP1
Hi, When I try to run the Dynamics.Dic in test mode in Dexterity I get the following error: Unhandled script exception: Wrong number if arguments passed to system 1340 from script 'isLoginTrusted'. I have copied the Dex.ini file from GP folder to Microsoft Dexterity folder. What have I done wrong? Thanks & Regards, Sup Are you using the Dexterity 9.00.0068 with an v9.00 SP1 dictionary? You MUST use the same version of Dexterity as is used for the runtime in the live envirionment. If this is the problem, please download the correct Dexterity build from PartnerSource >&g...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

Group on date field in pivot table
I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I select the field header, and Excel says I cannot group on it. I then select all the data elements, and it makes one big group instead of treating the field as "date." The source data is an Excel spreadsheet, and the data is formatted as date both at the source and it the pivot table. Anyone know why this happens or how I can resolve the problem? If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the date column, you won't be able to group on that field. William Benson wrote: > I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I sele...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #2
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

Adding a property sheet to System Properties
Is it possible to add a property sheet to the Windows System Properties dialog? Thanks ...

error message in outlook
3 PC's set up in an office 2 work find sending/receiving mail. 1 keeps getting error message 473 (x email address) relaying prohibited. Please read your account first to authenticate. You will then be able to Send and Receive messages normally. WHY??? I personally set up each email account and I swear I did them all the same why is only one haveing problems? ...

Can no longer cut/paste ranges in chart "edit data" fields?
In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y datasets using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? Also the chart range resets itself to the current length of the data, however, in many instances I want to set an exact future range. Is there a way to have excel not reset the range to what it "thinks" I want. > In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y > datasets > using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? I have no problem doing what you can't. Could you provide more det...

EAK whats happened
I have just added a text box and used the current date expression as its source, but now when I click preview on the form it just shows grey and none of my form, but it is still all there in design view. I clicked unto on the date box but it is still just showing grey. Eak what happened, anyone had this before? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have just added a text box and used the current date expression as > its source, but now when I click preview on the form it just shows > grey and none of my form, but it is sti...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...

property page
Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page within my project. I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the document view. I am using VC++ v6.0 with MFC Any help will be much appreciated Phil >Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page within >my project. Phil, See "Property Sheets and Property Pages" in MSDN. >I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the >user so they can view/change them at...

Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant Error Message
I am currently running Outlook 2002 connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. Out of Office Assistant is installed and was working normally. I have just returned from travel and attempted to turn Out of Office Assistant off. I now receive the following error message. "The command is not available. See the program dicumentation about how to use this extension." So far none of the online troubleshooting has resolved this problem. What does this message mean, and is my problem with my Outlook 2002 or MS Exchange Server? stgislander ...

OL2000: Error while archiving
In OL2000, SP3, when I archive I get the message: "Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "Personal Folders". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." This prevents most of the folder from being archived. Any ideas? Thanks, Glenn ...

Error message during opening a url in outlook email
Since i deleated Oper browser from my computer, whenever i trie to open a URL in my email (using Mircosoft outlook for POP3 ), i got error message "Operation has been cancelled due to ristrciton is in affect on this computer, please contact administrator." Pervez ...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

Error with eConnect on SQL 2005
I have a customer where we have just migrated to SQL Server 2005. eConnect 9.0 is now throwing up a weird error message. Eventhough I have done all the required setup for MSDTC, Integrated security, etc. on both the server and the client. The error indicates that a Stored Proc doesn't exist on the database eventhough it definitely does. Any ideas? By the way, can anyone get eConnect 9.0.2.0 to install? I get a Network Error when trying to install it or the runtime version. Here is the message (this message appears for other transcation types also): Unique MessageId = Line Number=...